View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

    845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

    1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

    849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

    127 4.03%
Page 512 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast
Results 12,776 to 12,800 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #12776
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Fennekin when fully evolved will have nine ears.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684




  2. #12777
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In a trailer... IN SPACE!
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Fennekin when fully evolved will have nine ears.
    That's just weird. Does it really HAVE to be based on a kitsune?
    Ok, so anyone with half a brain would already know this, but for those who don't, Im'ma lay down some knowledge for you guys. Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, but they do not develop the games, they merely publish them. Gamefreak is the developer of the (main series) pokemon games, but they are not owned by Nintendo. TPCI/TCPJ markets the Pokemon games, and is partnered with Nintendo like Gamefreak. Every time I see someone complaining about Nintendo ruining the Pokemon games and that they just need to die, it just makes my blood boil. I mean, how can some people be so ignorant? It boggles the mind.

  3. #12778
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    That made me feel sketchy, I know people make mistakes, but on something that huge, I'd double check I've got 'em right.
    The typings make me feel sketchy alo, I have problems believing they would do exactly what fans asked.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 22nd May 2013 at 8:54 AM.

  4. #12779
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by absolfusion View Post
    That's just weird. Does it really HAVE to be based on a kitsune?
    Haha no bro I was joking, the main thing that puts me off Fenniken being fire/physic is it ending up resembling a kitsune, but I'd rather it not fire/fighting and if it doesn't resemble ninetails I'm fine.
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684




  5. #12780
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fourrage Road
    Posts
    2,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    Haha no bro I was joking, the main thing that puts me off Fenniken being fire/physic is it ending up resembling a kitsune, but I'd rather it not fire/fighting and if it doesn't resemble ninetails I'm fine.
    As long as it doesn't look too much like Ninetails & Zoroark (who were also based on the Kitsune) I'm still hoping that it's final evo will look more similar to Kyubimon (without all of the trimmings and decorations)

    Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Running into Calem again , while getting the feeling that we're being watched
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

  6. #12781
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Sorry bro but only a fool would think froakie would become psychic. Well it is possible but evrything points to otherwise. Fennekin is clearly based on ninetail fox spirit, or the kitsune if I am correct. That alone point to psychic. Froakie is described as being able to jump really high and stuff and does appear to be nimble and swift. Fighting likely
    I said hope not will be part psychic
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

  7. #12782
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I think Fennekin will be fire/dark or fire/ghost. I think that would be so much cooler. It would make Fennekin seem darker and fiercer than Ninetails.
    Favorite Team:


  8. #12783
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    in agarest fighting a war.
    Posts
    127

    Default

    well it does not matter to me what type they are i love all 3 starters.

    personally i wanted fennekin to be Fire/Electric. Froakie to be Water/Fighting and Chespin to be Grass/ghost.
    3ds friend code:1091-7776-4833

    XBOX GAMERTAG: PIZZA NINJA831 [DONT ASK BOUT THE NAME]

    I WATCH A TON OF ANIME,SO I GUESS YOU CAN SAY MY DREAM NO AMBITION WAS INFLUENCED BY IT ALOT HAHAHA.

    CHANGING THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME.

  9. #12784
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draco star 98 View Post
    well it does not matter to me what type they are i love all 3 starters.

    personally i wanted fennekin to be Fire/Electric. Froakie to be Water/Fighting and Chespin to be Grass/ghost.
    Ghost? Why?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

  10. #12785
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by draco star 98 View Post
    personally i wanted fennekin to be Fire/Electric. Froakie to be Water/Fighting and Chespin to be Grass/ghost.
    Ghost? Chespin looks nothing like a ghost. I honestly think Chespin will stay Grass. But I hope I'm wrong.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  11. #12786
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Ghost? Chespin looks nothing like a ghost. I honestly think Chespin will stay Grass. But I hope I'm wrong.
    I don't see it either. And grass is kinda boring.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

  12. #12787
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    I don't see it either. And grass is kinda boring.
    Yeah, I said I hope I'm wrong. Rock? Dark? So many possibilities! Stat-wise, I think high defense and attack, decent speed (around 80), and low specials.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  13. #12788
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    Yeah, I said I hope I'm wrong. Rock? Dark? So many possibilities! Stat-wise, I think high defense and attack, decent speed (around 80), and low specials.
    Sorry, missed that part. Rock would be better defensively. Though is he's that, I doubt he'll be faster than 70, if even that.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

  14. #12789
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Sorry, missed that part. Rock would be better defensively. Though is he's that, I doubt he'll be faster than 70, if even that.
    I think that having a speedy Rock type that is not part Flying is needed. Chespin could become one of those. That would be nice. None of the starters look really slow, to be honest.
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  15. #12790
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I think that having a speedy Rock type that is not part Flying is needed. Chespin could become one of those. That would be nice. None of the starters look really slow, to be honest.
    Chances are, with being a hedgehog/porcupine, and as his shell will most likely cover his body, he'll be slow.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

  16. #12791
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sootopolis City
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I think that having a speedy Rock type that is not part Flying is needed. Chespin could become one of those. That would be nice. None of the starters look really slow, to be honest.
    You could say the same about Gen III, but Swampert ended up pretty slow while the other two ended up relatively fast.
    It's time we get a fast water starter though.

  17. #12792
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my Chair
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MizuJosh View Post
    You could say the same about Gen III, but Swampert ended up pretty slow while the other two ended up relatively fast.
    It's time we get a fast water starter though.
    I didn't think Mudkip was going that fast. I'm pretty sure Froakie will be the fastest starter for Gen 6.

    CrusherTheFeraligatr:

    Guess your right. A fast defense wall would be pretty cool. Even if Chespin is slow and even if I get him, I'll still name him Sonic!
    *Insert Some Cool Image Here*

  18. #12793
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    In my secret Base
    Posts
    2,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSword39 View Post
    I didn't think Mudkip was going that fast. I'm pretty sure Froakie will be the fastest starter for Gen 6.

    CrusherTheFeraligatr:

    Guess your right. A fast defense wall would be pretty cool. Even if Chespin is slow and even if I get him, I'll still name him Sonic!
    if he ends with a cool enough design for me to take him, as my part of my mental bargain with gf, I'll name him Bubba.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

    Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

    "If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

    Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

    IMPOSTER DITTO-Pm for offers

  19. #12794
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Which starter evolution do you think will not have a face because so far every starter line has faces? I say Chespin.

  20. #12795
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Which starter evolution do you think will not have a face because so far every starter line has faces? I say Chespin.
    Why wouldn't it have a face in the first place?

    I hope they don't hide it with leaves or something like that even though its "hat" has a big possibility to get bigger while evolving. This is if by face you don't mean like the Roggenrola's case.
    Last edited by Royal_Qeca; 22nd May 2013 at 7:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Shiny Pokémon (47)


    Shiny Event Pokémon (11)

  21. #12796
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Qeca View Post
    Why wouldn't it have a face in the first place?

    I hope they don't hide it with leaves or something like that even though it's "hat" has a big possibility to get bigger while evolving. This is if by face you don't mean like the Roggenrola's case.
    People are saying Chespin is going to be big with armor. So, the Chespin evolution can be like Tepig's evolution. It will have a big body relative to its head. Also, GF took away Snivy's limbs when it evolves. GF can take away Chespin's adorable face.

  22. #12797
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Florida, U.S.A.
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    People are saying Chespin is going to be big with armor. So, the Chespin evolution can be like Tepig's evolution. It will have a big body relative to its head. Also, GF took away Snivy's limbs when it evolves. GF can take away Chespin's adorable face.
    Kind of like with Oshawatt.
    Favorite Team:


  23. #12798
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    267

    Default

    If Pokebeach's Gym rumors come true (a Bug, Fighting, and Fairy gym; Fairy deals half damage to Fire and Psychic) Fennekin is starting to sound like the best choice based on its rumored Fire/Psychic typing.

    Fire > Bug, Psychic > Fighting, and Fairy will deal 1/4 damage against a Fire/Psychic type combination.

  24. #12799
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    If Pokebeach's Gym rumors come true (a Bug, Fighting, and Fairy gym; Fairy deals half damage to Fire and Psychic) Fennekin is starting to sound like the best choice based on its rumored Fire/Psychic typing.

    Fire > Bug, Psychic > Fighting, and Fairy will deal 1/4 damage against a Fire/Psychic type combination.
    and if chespin is indeed grass/dark then it would be weak to all of them..

    Bug x4 (grass and dark)
    Fighting x2 (dark)
    Fairy x2 (dark)

    <-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

    Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

  25. #12800
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Anchored in Sootopolis Bay
    Posts
    519

    Default

    I can't wait to see where the designs are going to go with these starters. I hope I love Froakies next two stages as much as I love his first.

    Credit to Eeveelover824! Thanks!

Page 512 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 412462502508509510511512513514515516522562612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •