View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 55 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051551055 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

For me, I could see Chespin being a pure Grass type. However, I hope it turn into a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark or even Gass/Steel

Chespin is a combination of chestnut and pin. It may also be from chinkapin, the name of some species of chestnut.
    Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut).

So this what lead me to believe it going be a pure Grass Type since the only have a Chestnut and Pin and it's japan name is hedgehog and needle and marron (French for chestnut)

For Froakie

Froakie may be a combination of frog and croak.
    Keromatsu is a combination ケロケロ kerokero (onomatopoeia for a frog's croaking) and 沫 matsu (bubble or foam) or 飛沫 himatsu (spray or splash).
    and in French Grenousse fom grenouille and mousse.

So Water and Poison doesn't sound off, but I hoping it's be Water/Flying or just pure Water.

Now for Fennekin

Fennekin is based on a Fennec fox.
    Fennekin may be a combination of fennec and kindle.
    Fokko may be a combination of fox, 狐 ko (fox), and 子 ko (child).

Keyword Maybe

I believe Fennekin going be a Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic because of a Spirit Spirit. I also believe it could be Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground because a Fennec Fox is a Desert Fox

So to me
    Fennekin be mostly Fire/Rock Ground Ghost or Psychic. That if it's no pure fire type
    Froakie be mostly Water/Poison or pure Water
    Then Chespin all I really getting is Pure grass.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    when do you all think we will see the evolved forms?
    We saw the evolved forms of the BW starters near release, though Servine and Dewott were leaked in some concept art.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Why is poor Fennekin being attacked for being a fox, we've had multiple fish Pokemon but you don't hear me saying "Damn, that ugly Feebass, looking like Magikarp, Pokemon is running out of ideas, geez"

Vulpix was based of a mythical fox, Kitsune. Fennekin is obviously based of Fennec Fox. The fire typing is the only thing they have in common.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I hope the starters have new moves that are really cool. Like not just one or two but multiple new moves stuff that stretches the imagination.
    Copy this into your signature if you want to see these guys soon http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...n_with_Oak.png.

Shiny Pokemon I have found: (Both In Pokemon Fire Red) (Yes I found 2, with-in 30 mins of each other as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar. View Post
    Anyone think a starter will make OU this gen?
    Here's hoping. It's about time to have an OU starter. But what I think is: They should all be OU. It would be cool seeing a gen with all three starters being really good competitively!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheyenne Thunderstorm View Post
    For me, I could see Chespin being a pure Grass type. However, I hope it turn into a Grass/Fighting or Grass/Dark or even Gass/Steel

Chespin is a combination of chestnut and pin. It may also be from chinkapin, the name of some species of chestnut.
    Harimaron is a combination of 蝟 harinezumi (hedgehog), 針 hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut).

So this what lead me to believe it going be a pure Grass Type since the only have a Chestnut and Pin and it's japan name is hedgehog and needle and marron (French for chestnut)

For Froakie

Froakie may be a combination of frog and croak.
    Keromatsu is a combination ケロケロ kerokero (onomatopoeia for a frog's croaking) and 沫 matsu (bubble or foam) or 飛沫 himatsu (spray or splash).
    and in French Grenousse fom grenouille and mousse.

So Water and Poison doesn't sound off, but I hoping it's be Water/Flying or just pure Water.

Now for Fennekin

Fennekin is based on a Fennec fox.
    Fennekin may be a combination of fennec and kindle.
    Fokko may be a combination of fox, 狐 ko (fox), and 子 ko (child).

Keyword Maybe

I believe Fennekin going be a Fire/Ghost or Fire/Psychic because of a Spirit Spirit. I also believe it could be Fire/Rock or Fire/Ground because a Fennec Fox is a Desert Fox

So to me
    Fennekin be mostly Fire/Rock Ground Ghost or Psychic. That if it's no pure fire type
    Froakie be mostly Water/Poison or pure Water
    Then Chespin all I really getting is Pure grass.
    I can tell you did a lot of research and I am sorry to say this but with how names have been lately in pokemon the chances are they are just names.

Also Raguna there was Infernape and Swampert.
    †RIP 04/16/1994-10/13/2012†

Knowing pokemon, we can't tell when we will see the next forms.
    I agree..just wait

Anyone else getting the idea that fennekin will be a fire/poison type? In the trailer that move it uses looks like a psychic type move but could very well be a poison move.
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

If Fennekin has high Special Attack with Speed, and its typing Fire/Psychic it would be a great Special Sweeper.
    #BuyUltraviolance

Fennekin, due to it's slim body, seems to be quite fast. I could see Froakie turn into a Snivy-like character, maybe slower than Fennekin but more offense-orientated (or vice-versa!) Chespin... I could see defense. Let's hope the final evos have some use in competitive battle!

Really really hoping the evolved forms don't make them horrible, Im worried for froakie, there's many ways he could go
    As for the others , I see chespin getting bulky and spiky and feenekin turning elegant

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I'm hoping for a move that's signature for the starters. [Sacred Blast]

But, I'm pretty much amazed at how the new starters turned out to be >.> Fennekin and Froakie are cool.

Chespin... [Looks like a grass form of Dewott /shot]
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Fire is not the best type to be in OU at the moment due to heavy Rain abuse if thats what you are infering Takaru, but still if it is Psychic it could learn something a long the line of thunderbolt, and that would help Sun a lot.. if competitive pokemon isn't destroyed by this gen.

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    Anyone else getting the idea that fennekin will be a fire/poison type? In the trailer that move it uses looks like a psychic type move but could very well be a poison move.
    No, not at all
    I'm almost sure that was a phy move.
    Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    Not in the least

I doubt they will ever make that typing

Foxes are more of a spirit-like animal, so them having psychic, ghost and dark attributes makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    Vulpix was based of a mythical fox, Kitsune. Fennekin is obviously based of Fennec Fox. The fire typing is the only thing they have in common.
    I find all three Starter Pokemon to be reductive in their own way; Chespin looks like a Grass-type Dewott, Froakie is yet another Water-type frog Pokemon, and of course Fennekin has a lot in common with Vulpix and it even gives me Zorua vibes. But I still really like Fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    I'm hoping for a move that's signature for the starters. [Sacred Blast]

But, I'm pretty much amazed at how the new starters turned out to be >.> Fennekin and Froakie are cool.

Chespin... [Looks like a grass form of Dewott /shot]
    Oh, yeah. That would be cool, having the signature moves for these starters. I feel they are lacking in those special moves departments. I would love to see more of that.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I know I said this already, but I can really envision Fennekin's evolution resembling a maned wolf. I think its line might go something like this: fennec fox- red fox- maned wolf.

As for Froakie I think he may go along the tree frog design route, and I can see Chespin resembling a grass type version of something like Sandslash (minus the claws)

is it just me or does fennekin look like a shiny form instead of a normal version of i would think it to be less yellow
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Well I like the idea of Fennekin being something like fire/psychic or ground, but I'm getting the vibe of pure fire type from it for some reason. Also I'm thinking something similar for Froakie, or maybe a secondary ground type. Chespin seems to look like it could be pretty diverse, like possibly flying, maybe dark.

Pokemon Soulsilver Badge Quest

Complete!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0649-6456

Do you think they will make sprites for this gen or will we be stuck with 3d and drawings of the starters?

I can tell you did a lot of research and I am sorry to say this but with how names have been lately in pokemon the chances are they are just names.

Also Raguna there was Infernape and Swampert.
    I agree. However, at lest I got something backing me up beside used one attack lol Also, I not going fuss it's someone disagree lol This just all the types that i could think of being with them.

Do you think they will make sprites for this gen or will we be stuck with 3d and drawings of the starters?
    It's pretty much bye bye sprites, probably. Although I think maybe we'll see sprites in the VS screens - the Iris/PC full-body sprites in B/W2 were interesting, I'm hoping to see a repeat of that.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Seriously people, that's clearly a snowflake.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/36efc.jpg[/IMG]
    Ok...that might be an Ice type move

so...what if Froakie is an Ice type?then the triagle is reversed...Froakie is weak to Fennekin and strong against Chespin>.>

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I'm interested in how the pokedex will work.
    Maybe the 3d pokedex will be used

Page 55 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051551055 ... LastLast