View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 552 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast
Results 13,776 to 13,800 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lavanda View Post
    No, Froakie is damn original. But I'm still sticking with Chespin.
    Sorry if i offended you. I agree that all three starters are awesome and original in design, but Fennekin and Chespin (or rather its speculated evolution) were compared to a gen1 pokemon earlier. I was just rounding it out. I don't believe Chespin will become Sandlash, or that Fennekin is like Vulpix, and especially that Froakie is like Poliwhirl. I love all three and hope that GF keeps up the good work with their evos.

Anyway, I was hoping for these typings for starter evos:
    Grass/Rock
    Fire/Psychic
    Water/Poison
    But now that the pokebeach rumors seem likely, thats what i am expecting.
    Last edited by FierceDeity1; 17th June 2013 at 2:49 AM.

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraikarasu View Post
    I'm still holding out on the earlier rumor that;
    - Froakie is water/electric and viking in design
    - Fennekin is Fire/psychic, wizard/mage like in design
    - and Chespin is Grass/Steel type and Knight elements in the design
    Why electric? You realize it has been confirmed that those things around Froakies neck are bubbles and not clouds right?

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    Sorry if i offended you. I agree that all three starters are awesome and original in design, but Fennekin and Chespin (or rather its speculated evolution) were compared to a gen1 pokemon earlier. I was just rounding it out. I don't believe Chespin will become Sandlash, or that Fennekin is like Vulpix, and especially that Froakie is like Poliwhirl. I love all three and hope that GF keeps up the good work with their evos.

Anyway, I was hoping for these typings for starter evos:
    Grass/Rock
    Fire/Psychic
    Water/Poison
    But now that the pokebeach rumors seem likely, thats what i am expecting.
    I know, haha. I wasn't going against your comment, just using it to give my opinion on Froakie.
    I pretty much stick with everyone with the types: Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting. Though there is a good number of people who think Chespin will be Grass/Dark because of the rumour.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

I know, haha. I wasn't going against your comment, just using it to give my opinion on Froakie.
    I pretty much stick with everyone with the types: Grass/Ground, Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting. Though there is a good number of people who think Chespin will be Grass/Dark because of the rumour.
    I actually thought he would be dark before the rumor came forward actually. Like the first day of the first trailer coming out. Many people have been speculating that since the beginning of X and Y's speculation. It isn't just because of the rumors. Same goes for Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I actually thought he would be dark before the rumor came forward actually. Like the first day of the first trailer coming out. Many people have been speculating that since the beginning of X and Y's speculation. It isn't just because of the rumors. Same goes for Fire/Psychic and Water/Fighting
    Well, I knew about Fennekin and Froakie, but most people at the beginning were giving Ground to Chespin (I think, keep reading), so most of the people who think it will be Dark probably think so because of the rumour. Anyway, I just began going really into forums and speculating lately, so I missed most of the stuff that happened before.

~ Pokémon Y Team ~

3DS FC: 1736-0917-9729
    Snorunt / Sneasel / Dewgong

Well, I knew about Fennekin and Froakie, but most people at the beginning were giving Ground to Chespin (I think, keep reading), so most of the people who think it will be Dark probably think so because of the rumour. Anyway, I just began going really into forums and speculating lately, so I missed most of the stuff that happened before.
    Before I heard the rumors, I had figured they would stay pure types. After all, we havent had that since gen2 and the designs don't scream any obvious dual-types (yet)

Member Of:
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

After Toxiccroak I doubt will will have more fighting frogs.

Some people did speculate ground, but you are right about one thing. Dark type speculation did increase for Chespin after the rumor gained more credibility. Still though, I had thought he would be Dark from day one like I said, but I don't speak for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevans View Post
    After Toxiccroak I doubt will will have more fighting frogs.
    Oh no! We have two fighting frogs! And one was two generations ago! God forbid they make anymore! Not like they have made a ton of Flying birds or anything.

Ask me stupid stuff

Same with fish and monkeys. They can base any number of pokemon after a single species and add in enough differences to set them apart.

Member Of:
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Why electric? You realize it has been confirmed that those things around Froakies neck are bubbles and not clouds right?
    a guy can dream can't he, but you know, as long as he's not mono typed i'm happy
        Spoiler:- Friend code for Pokemon White:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuraikarasu View Post
    a guy can dream can't he, but you know, as long as he's not mono typed i'm happy
    I can understand hoping for that originally but it's bubbles....not a cloud. ya know?

Ask me stupid stuff

Bubbles or not, I don't think Froakie would have been part Electric anyways. Starters don't usually get exotic typings like that.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

Some people did speculate ground, but you are right about one thing. Dark type speculation did increase for Chespin after the rumor gained more credibility. Still though, I had thought he would be Dark from day one like I said, but I don't speak for everyone.

Oh no! We have two fighting frogs! And one was two generations ago! God forbid they make anymore! Not like they have made a ton of Flying birds or anything.
    I really don't consider Poliwrath a frog because of the abstract art work of gen 1, I also don't find Snorlax to be a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevans View Post
    I really don't consider Poliwrath a frog because of the abstract art work of gen 1, I also don't find Snorlax to be a bear.
    abstract? Do you know what abstract means? I guess that means Blastoise isn't really a turtle then. And Poliwrath is a frog regardless of it you consider him one or not. There is no problem with there being another fighting frog. Of course they are going to reuse subspecific species more than once there are only so many.

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Bubbles or not, I don't think Froakie would have been part Electric anyways. Starters don't usually get exotic typings like that.
    Empoleon says hi. Besides what do you define as 'exotic' because I'm sure many people have different ideas of that.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Empoleon says hi. Besides what do you define as 'exotic' because I'm sure many people have different ideas of that.
    That's what I was thinking. Some might consider Fighting an exotic typing and look, they have done it three times.

Ask me stupid stuff

Technically, Poliwrath's still a tadpole - it's got the same visible intestines thing going on that Poliwag and Poliwhirl have, and it's referred to as a tadpole still by in-game NPCs, as well as being classified as a tadpole. Politoed is the only frog in the line, but that's not a Fighting-type.

I love every rumor Pokebeach has given us (well, except that our own Pokemon may NOT be ride-able). But, the one rumor I'm hoping is NOT true is the Starter's future typing...

A Grass/Dark Chespin makes me sick to my stomach. It comes with such glaring weaknesses!! Yes, yes, I know a Pokemon is not to be judged by is weaknesses but....well, there are just so many!! ANY of the mineral types (Rock, Steel, Ground) would be so great. Rock would cover the majority of its Grass weaknesses, Steel makes it a defensive wonder, and Ground......well, its just better than Dark, imo. Personally, I would have liked to be...more surprised?? Maybe a Ghost or even Fairy combination. Or perhaps Electric, giving us a tongue-in-cheek joke about Chespin being so similar to a regional PikaClone.

A Water/Fighting Froakie isn't HORRIBLE but I really loved all the other concepts that came with Psychic, Electric, Dragon, and Ice. But, if it means we get a speedy Water Starter, it's not the end of the world.

Fennekin as a Fire/Psychic is fine for obvious reasons. I would have liked to get surprised with a Ghost combination, but there's always room for a Ninetales evo for that.
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post
    I love every rumor Pokebeach has given us (well, except that our own Pokemon may NOT be ride-able). But, the one rumor I'm hoping is NOT true is the Starter's future typing...

A Grass/Dark Chespin makes me sick to my stomach. It comes with such glaring weaknesses!! Yes, yes, I know a Pokemon is not to be judged by is weaknesses but....well, there are just so many!! ANY of the mineral types (Rock, Steel, Ground) would be so great. Rock would cover the majority of its Grass weaknesses, Steel makes it a defensive wonder, and Ground......well, its just better than Dark, imo. Personally, I would have liked to be...more surprised?? Maybe a Ghost or even Fairy combination. Or perhaps Electric, giving us a tongue-in-cheek joke about Chespin being so similar to a regional PikaClone.

A Water/Fighting Froakie isn't HORRIBLE but I really loved all the other concepts that came with Psychic, Electric, Dragon, and Ice. But, if it means we get a speedy Water Starter, it's not the end of the world.

Fennekin as a Fire/Psychic is fine for obvious reasons. I would have liked to get surprised with a Ghost combination, but there's always room for a Ninetales evo for that.
    .....Let's see where to beginnnnnnnn

Dark typing isn't bad necessarily, it gives it some good extra offensive advantages, and not every starter is going to be OU status. Besides, Shiftry has sets that are viable in the Uber tier. The typing won't mean he is terrible, that will be determined by stats, movepool, and (DW) abilities. Also, why Electric? Those are bubbles on Froakie, not clouds (been confirmed) and also, why Dragon? It makes absolutely no sense for a frog of all things. I am not entirely sure why you chose Psychic for Froakie either that doesn't particularly make any sense. Ice is eh believable, but again, those are bubbles around his neck not a "fur coat" as some who have speculated it to be proof of it being Ice. Furthermore, just because he used an ice move in the trailer doesn't mean he will be ice type. Almost every single (if not all) water Pokemon can learn ice moves.

Ask me stupid stuff

Yeah, I was going off of past speculations. I know all that has been confirmed (the Froakie bubbles, ect.) but it still would have been nice, imo.

Dark typing isn't bad necessarily, it gives it some good extra offensive advantages, and not every starter is going to be OU status. Besides, Shiftry has sets that are viable in the Uber tier. The typing won't mean he is terrible, that will be determined by stats, movepool, and (DW) abilities.
    I know not EVERY starter can be OU but I would have liked for my favorite to be strong comparatively. But, then again, I've never let Uber/OU ranking restrict my team (check my signature). I'M not a fan of Grass/Dark but I'm sure many others are. Doesn't change that I'M not.

Also, why Electric?
    In regards to all the jokes about Chespin being so similar to Oshawott/Pikachu. Alot of people thought it could pass for a regional rodent.

Those are bubbles on Froakie, not clouds (been confirmed) and also, why Dragon? It makes absolutely no sense for a frog of all things.
    I know, but this is Pokemon. Bubbles can translate into clouds through evolution. Heck, bubbles can translate into icebergs if that's where it's evolution is going. Also, I liked the idea of Dragon based on some old artwork I saw awhile back.

I am not entirely sure why you chose Psychic for Froakie either that doesn't particularly make any sense.
    Froakie looked like a monk or philosopher to me, when I first saw it. I mean, the thing looks like it thinking in its artwork.

Ice is eh believable, but again, those are bubbles around his neck not a "fur coat" as some who have speculated it to be proof of it being Ice. Furthermore, just because he used an ice move in the trailer doesn't mean he will be ice type. Almost every single (if not all) water Pokemon can learn ice moves.
    Yeah, I got that. I was just speculating. Thanks for replying!!
    MASTER Pkmn Team

Quote Originally Posted by LeoP2008 View Post

Wow all the drama

abstract? Do you know what abstract means? I guess that means Blastoise isn't really a turtle then. And Poliwrath is a frog regardless of it you consider him one or not. There is no problem with there being another fighting frog. Of course they are going to reuse subspecific species more than once there are only so many.
    Poliwrath is a based on a tadpole, not a real frog.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    It's basically the tradition nowadays!

Now if only all the Fire/Fighting starters became Fire/Fairy...

We might get another one but not as a starter.
    I really hope Fennekin doesn't gain a Fairy typing. That would make it so... Undesirable.

Quote Originally Posted by BayBird View Post
    Lucky? It was from a source. WPM merely decided to post the rumors after one of the things that the source said ended up true. And WPM actually explained why some of the things were wrong recently. Go check it out. It's not wise to distrust the rumors just because it's not all perfectly predicted. Especially with the whole fiasco surrounding the leaker's trouble with Nintendo or whatever the hell happened.
    The point is, rumors shouldn't be predicted. That's why I don't trust them. If some of the rumors are inaccurate, I won't believe them.
    -metalbryce

Did you know that you don't have to sign every post individually because
    1) We can see who's posting what because at the top of every post there's all your information (who knew?!)
    2) It doesn't make you special or your opinion any more ~correct~
    3) For like the last at least fifteen years of internet forums there's this box and it's called a "signature box" because where you can sign your post the same way, automatically, every time

Dark typing isn't bad necessarily, it gives it some good extra offensive advantages, and not every starter is going to be OU status. Besides, Shiftry has sets that are viable in the Uber tier. The typing won't mean he is terrible, that will be determined by stats, movepool, and (DW) abilities. Also, why Electric? Those are bubbles on Froakie, not clouds (been confirmed) and also, why Dragon? It makes absolutely no sense for a frog of all things. I am not entirely sure why you chose Psychic for Froakie either that doesn't particularly make any sense. Ice is eh believable, but again, those are bubbles around his neck not a "fur coat" as some who have speculated it to be proof of it being Ice. Furthermore, just because he used an ice move in the trailer doesn't mean he will be ice type. Almost every single (if not all) water Pokemon can learn ice moves.
    I think that Grass/Dark who work really work as long as Chespin has great stats and a great movepool.........

I'm thinking about using Fenniken, but I want to use Talonflame. So Froakie is likely my choice...
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by metalbryce View Post
    The point is, rumors shouldn't be predicted. That's why I don't trust them. If some of the rumors are inaccurate, I won't believe them.
    I'm less likely to even refer to the Pokebeach rumors as "rumors" anymore. No one predicted all that crap. No one could have predicted Helioptile. No one. That's why it was leaked info that got the source in trouble.

You can choose to not believe them. I honestly don't care. But to have all of that info right and just be all "Nah, one rumor was wrong, I'm out." is ridiculous. They should hold some accountability considering all that was spot on. The sky battles? You think someone just predicted that correctly along with every other thing in that batch of information? No. They knew.

Yeah, a lot of people did because they mistook the aerial ace animation for night slash. It's since confirmed to be aerial ace thanks to Talonflame. Could still be dark, won't argue that.

Also, does anyone think that Chespin's model looks bad compared to the others? Something a bit off about it. It was going to be my fallback if Froakie ended up looking crap, but I've since decided that I didn't want to look at Chespin and also that I'm not going to spoil their evolutions :P

Page 552 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 452502542548549550551552553554555556562602652 ... LastLast