View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 60 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364701101601060 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToedAndTrue View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Froakie makes me think of Beethoven. It has an olde-timey look, as if it has a powdered wig or beard and some fancy spectacles, and look at its pose- it's holding its hand to its ear, as if it is hard of hearing, and Beethoven developed hearing issues that lead to him being deaf. Since people from that era, especially musicians, were considered intelligent, I think it'll be Water/Psychic.
    I also saw a comparison between Froakie and Benjamin Franklin, and I could totally accept a Water/Electric starter, since Benjamin Franklin, electricity and all that.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    someone mentioned this, and it would be sweet if they did this:

fire/psychic
    water/fighting
    grass/dark

by doing this they would balance the type advantages out.
    There's another one you can do that I'm starting to like as well:

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Psychic

Froakie kinda looks like an intelligent frog.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Cahlum View Post
    As its a fennec fox they live in deserts and dig burrows underground. So Fennekin is going to be part ground I think
    Fire turtle Torkoal, Ground hippo Hippowdon, Ground croc Krokorok.....GF doesn't always take animal habitat into consideration when designing a pokemon based on an animal. That said, ground is always a possible option for Fennekin.

I still think they will pull a gen2 on us this time around and give us pure type final forms. They can still imply a secondary type by adding a lot of attacks of a certain type on their movepool. For example Fennekin's final form can still be a pure fire type, but have a loads of psychic moves and have a high sp. attack to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Psychic

I still can't see any of the starter forms having Dark as their secondary type.

Quote Originally Posted by ToedAndTrue View Post
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Froakie makes me think of Beethoven. It has an olde-timey look, as if it has a powdered wig or beard and some fancy spectacles, and look at its pose- it's holding its hand to its ear, as if it is hard of hearing, and Beethoven developed hearing issues that lead to him being deaf. Since people from that era, especially musicians, were considered intelligent, I think it'll be Water/Psychic.

Though I know the link from the Pokédex thread is still just a rumor, maybe there was something to that Sound-Type after all. If anything it could be a possibility
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Being a Grass type lover, I think Grass/Dark would be interesting indeed for Chespin's evos...but am slightly worried about how many weaknesses it would carry, I mean Grass already has the most weaknesses of any type in Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice and Poison, most of those are really common offensive types and a secondary Dark type would add a Fighting type weakness and instead of negating any of Grass' weaknesses, it would ADD to them, turning it's bug weakness in 4x as effective, which would be a nightmare for it.

Fire, Flying, Ice, Bug, Poison and Fighting type weaknesses?

I'll pass, thanks!

I am so so so hoping that they don't screw up Chespin. I really disliked Torterra because it was too...brown, lol. I like my Grass types to be beautiful.

I hope they make Chespin's evos spiny, but slim and agile. I've seen some fan art of Chespin's evos going all bulking and looking more like an Excadrill. Whilst Excadrill is awesome, I would really like Chespin to more go the way of Sceptile than Torterra.

Atm, I am ashamed to say I am leaning more towards Fennekin. I have often chose the Fire type starter in the past, and yeah, I'm just a sucker for canine Pokemon =/
    Pokemon X
    Name: Ry
    FC: 3926 5477 2209
    Badges: 8
    True Champion of Kalos

Dogs of War

HA Pokemon I have:
    Froakie, Fennekin, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Goomy, Fletchling, Venipede, Sableye, Natu, Shroomish, Mienshao, Litleo, Emolga, Blitzle, Phantump, Pumpkaboo, Dratini

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I mentioned this. I think it sucks, because there is no ****ing way to justify making Froakie a fighting type.
    Why isn't there?

More accurately, there's pretty much a way to justify Froakie being any type combination among Water, Water/Fighting, Water/Ice, Water/Poison, and Water/Dark, among others.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Where have all these Dark/Fight/Psy ideas come from?
    Back before Diamond/Pearl came out, there was this rumor that the starters would be Dark, Psychic, and Fighting. Somebody even made fake Pokemon to match: a Dark cat, a Fighting kangaroo, and a Psychic rhinoceros. But then CoroCoro came out and disproved it with Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup. But ever since then people have been obsessed with the idea. There were numerous Dark/Fighting/Psychic rumors during Black/White's reveal period too. Maybe the obsession didn't originate with those fakes though; for all I know the fakes were playing on the obsession rather than the obsession originating from it.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post

Grass/Fighting
    Fire/Dark
    Water/Psychic

Agreed, that little tuft of stuff on his nose looks alot like glasses, like scholarly bifocals haha

Chespin: Grass/Steel
    Fennekin: Fire/Psychic
    Froakie: Water/Fighting

Hi all, long time lurker just coming in to discuss Gen VI.

After my first few viewings I liked Fennekin the most followed by Froakie. I didn't really like Chespin but even in just a day it's grown on me, especially after realizing its a hedgehog/porcupine and seeing some awesome fake evos for it. Like pretty much everyone I'm desperately hoping Fennekin's not part fighting, but atleast it appears to be able to learn psychic moves

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    I mentioned this. I think it sucks, because there is no ****ing way to justify making Froakie a fighting type.
    Quoting myself:

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Actually I see the possibility of having a Water/Fighting starter as really high.

This is because in the last 2 gens one of the starters has been a reference to Journey to the West, which is a Chinese novel. Those starters were Infernape, who is a reference to Sun Wukong and Emboar who is a reference to Zhu Bajie. There is still another character that Gamefreak hasn't portraid, and that is Sha Wujing who is a river ogre. If this is indeed true, then Froakie's next two evolutions will be part fighting, and the last one will probably have the same yellow patterns both Infernape and Emboar have. This theory also explains why we got three Fire/Fighting starters in a row: Blaziken is that typing due to the concept it is based on, and Infernape and Emboar have it due to them being a reference to Journey to the West.

Of course it is jsut a theory, but I still root for it.
    As you can see it is just a theory, but if it is correct then Froakie turning into a Water/Fighting is really possible. Also, Froakie's design may not imply it is a Fighting type, because it probably won't be at that stage. But my guess is that as it evolves the white on its hands will become boxing gloves and it will have a more fierce look, or maybe it will become a prince warrior like many have said, with the white foam on its back turning into a cape.

So yeah, there is a good chance that Froakie will eventually be Water/Fighting.

I think Fennekin might be a possible fire/flying type at it's final evolution, just look at all the wing shapes that went into it's design.

Chespin on the other had seems like it might evolve into a grass/steel Knight-Like pokemon.

As for Frokie, I just hope it looks significantly better in it's final stage.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/15wf4at.jpg[/IMG]
    -Thanks Brutaka for the amazing banner!-

Just imagine if we had a repeat of generation two with no second typing. Not expecting it in the slightest but I would actually find that interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by X&Y View Post
    Just imagine if we had a repeat of generation two with no second typing. Not expecting it in the slightest but I would actually find that interesting.
    It'd certainly make things easier, but less interesting.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    It'd certainly make things easier, but less interesting.
    That would be boring I want a starter with a cool typing!
    Steel is the type of science

Yeah, okey, a lot of people already said this but, Froakie's gotta go water/fighting if not through the "Journey to the west" route, then this thing can go "Jiraiya the frog sage" or atleast that's what I'm really hoping.

other than that I'm holding out for Fennikin to be /psychic or /Ghost, though I wouldn't be against /ground.

That all being said, /ground sounds the most reasonable for Mr. Chestnut, but if the other two went Fighting and Psychic, then it would be great for it to go /dark, if for no other reason than to finish the other triangle.

I was just thinking about the psychic/dark/fighting thing.. If Fennekin is the psychic one (cause we already have a dark fox and 100000 fire/fighting starters), these leaves dark and fighting to chespin and froakie.. Now, if froakie is the Dark one, the three of them will be doubletype weak one to another, they will balanced someway, one will be terribly disadvantaged to the second and terribly advantaged to the third (let's also count that water starters can all learn ice moves against grass and that the fighting one may learn the ice/fire/thunder punch moves and the all thing becomes totally caos------> nope!)..So at the end we have grass/dark, fire/psychic and water/fighting, some problems here too.. First chespin would be weak to 6 types and one of them is 4x. Second Fennekin would be weak to 5 types. Third, a water/fighting starter would finally be cool, but let's be honest they will never make another froggish pokemon be. I mean, I don't know why all this excitement for those types.. I would prefer them pure grass/fire/water..

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfish View Post
    That would be boring I want a starter with a cool typing!
    That's what I meant.
    And I don't know why everyone's thinking Froakie will be fighting. Let's just stay away from fighting starters for a generation or 2.
    I still want him to be Water/Ice.
    And then Fenniken to be Fire/Dark.
    Chespin could be Grass/Ground for all I care.

That's what I meant.
    And I don't know why everyone's thinking Froakie will be fighting. Let's just stay away from fighting starters for a generation or 2.
    They're not much water/fighting types out there though.

That's what I meant.
    Agreed. Honestly, I'll like it best if the Froakie line is pure water, the Fenniken line is pure fire and the Chespin line is pure grass—to keep it simple.

TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon

3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

What if only one starter has a second type like what they did with gen 5? If only one starter would have a secondary type, I think it would be Chespin. It looks like it can also be a dark, fighting or ground type. The others look to basic to have another type, but I can sort of see Froakie being Fighting or Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOneIX View Post
    They're not much water/fighting types out there though.
    They can make plenty of water/fighting types as wild Pokemon.

They can make plenty of water/fighting types as wild Pokemon.
    i know but a water/fight starter is new and i like new things...

I still think Froakie will be Water/Electric or maybe Water/Ice if that white stuff turns into snow.

As much as people want it, Psychic/Dark/Fighting isn't going to happen. The only plausible type combos leave Chespin with Dark type, which would make it 4x weak to Bug, one of the most common types towards the beginning of the game. GF wouldn't screw Chespin over THAT bad, as they've obviously learnt their lesson.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Page 60 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364701101601060 ... LastLast