View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 616 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Why would only Fennekin have the honor of evolving into a brand and cool new type? I think it is unfair to Froakie and Chespin, unless at least one of them evolves into /Ghost
    Meh, Fairy is my second favorite type, so I'm biased, but I guess you're right.

Just wait until Fennekin is Fire/Ghost and both of us annoy the whole forum to death because of our love for Ghost-Types

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Meh, I just don't want Chespin to become the next Oshawott. I hate the comparisons.

And calm down, I was joking about Fennekin! 0_o

But it seems this gen is getting a good amount of Fire Types, and Dark Types.

Anyone else think Fennekin has a slight chance of being physical? But first they better make a good physical Fire-Type move. The others are too weak, or have recoil in some form, or sig moves.
    What was so wrong about Samurott? I think him becoming more disciplined was part of its becoming complete as a Pokemon. At least that's what i picture Evolution as, a process during which you become more complete. I really think that its carelessness will be a recurring theme in Chespin's evolutions. I am expecting him classified as dark because he causes trouble through his naivity. In other words, i believe it will be classified as Dark because of its personality.

Meh, Fairy is my second favorite type, so I'm biased, but I guess you're right.

Just wait until Fennekin is Fire/Ghost and both of us annoy the whole forum to death because of our love for Ghost-Types
    Fairy is slowly becoming one of my favorite types as well, but I still like Ghost and Dark a bit more. Also, don't set yourself for huge disappointments, particularly I don't see a /Ghost starter ever happening, since the starter would have to die* to evolve. Well, unless its base form is a Ghost as well... but that isn't the case in Gen 6.

*Not necessarily die, we don't know if Ghost Pokémon are in fact, dead, but a lot of people would interpret a pure type Pokémon evolving into a /Ghost as it dying in the process.

Fairy is slowly becoming one of my favorite types as well, but I still like Ghost and Dark a bit more. Also, don't set yourself for huge disappointments, particularly I don't see a /Ghost starter ever happening, since the starter would have to die* to evolve. Well, unless its base form is a Ghost as well... but that isn't the case in Gen 6.

*Not necessarily die, we don't know if Ghost Pokémon are in fact, dead, but a lot of people would interpret a pure type Pokémon evolving into a /Ghost as it dying in the process.
    Snorunt evolves into a /Ghost-Type, and I don't see much theories

But seriously, I will die for Fairy, Ghost, Psychic or Ground on a Fennekin evo '3'

I swear, if Fennekin's tail/tail tip and ear flames combust, I will die squealing...

Snorunt evolves into a /Ghost-Type, and I don't see much theories

But seriously, I will die for Fairy, Ghost, Psychic or Ground on a Fennekin evo '3'

I swear, if Fennekin's tail/tail tip and ear flames combust, I will die squealing...
    Snorunt isn't a starter, though. Plus, it is an oddly shaped thing based on an sprite, unlike Fennekin, who is a mammal-based Pokémon.

Snorunt isn't a starter, though. Plus, it is an oddly shaped thing based on an sprite, unlike Fennekin, who is a mammal-based Pokémon.
    :/

But then again, Foxes are seen as spirits, so don't rule it out 100%

Give Fennekin Thunderbolt GF, and you can have my money.

And I'm sure a 2nd Mewtwo forme wouldn't be neglected like this, while the other Mewtwo gets all the glory. All other Pokemon with more then one forme have shown of all of them at roughly the same time, sans Deoxys' Speed Forme, which was probably added to give Emerald it's own unique Deoxys, and even then we get a special with Speed Forme included
    That's what the "scoop of the century" next month could be...see, in the movie, they introduced one mewtwo forme and sylveon to build hype...they could then release THE OTHER TWO! Shocker! Little did you know the two hyped up movie pokemon had a counterpart in the new XY games! Or something like that...they could reveal the other mewtwo forme along with a new eeveelution (hopefully dragon) and tell us how to get them and their typing...

As for starter evos, I don't see them revealing them until the very last minute...but I'm expecting a tough-looking reptilian porcupine/ armadillo/ hedgehog for chespin, a graceful fire fox adorned with fire flowers for fennekin, and a muscular looking surfer frog for froakie...physical, special, mixed...in that order
    Last edited by XXD17; 18th July 2013 at 5:30 PM.
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Sure, but I don't recall fennec foxes being considered spirits :P Still, you are right, there is a possibility of Fennekin evolving into Fire/Ghost, specially if Game Freak decides to make its evolution another freaking Kitsune (seriously, we have two families based on this thing already -_-).

for me I don't like starters repeating a typing thats already been done as a starter(If I had my way it would be 16 generations before anything repeated aka all non starter type combos) Thus I get sad every time a typing repeats as I count mono types as just repeating a type twice I for instance dislike Meganium, Sceptile, and Serperior all being pure grass types nearly as much as I dislike The Fire/Fighting repetition. (In my strange personal view only the 1st starter w/ a given typing deserves it)
    Thus I hope to see unrepeated combos
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Sure, but I don't recall fennec foxes being considered spirits :P Still, you are right, there is a possibility of Fennekin evolving into Fire/Ghost, specially if Game Freak decides to make its evolution another freaking Kitsune (seriously, we have two families based on this thing already -_-).
    Meh. But I swear, another Kitsune will make me go _______. -_-

Though I wouldn't mind Fire/Psychic, I prefer Fire/Ground. Both are good/great offensive types.

As long as Fennekin isn't fat, I'm not really bothered though.

This is the first time the fire starter is going to be my favorite and I'm definitely using it when I'm not so broke and can finally get a 3DS. It would be great if it evolved into a ghost type.

I'm really torn on which starter to take now. Ever since Gen I I've always taken the water starter, mostly because in Gen I it took forever to actually get a pokemon with the water type and it's such a useful type to have. It isn't nearly as bad in later generations but the habit has always stuck with me, and I tend to like the water starters anyway so it's win/win.

But now we have a fox. I love foxes! But it's not the water starter. I should not be this torn over a video game...

If Fennekin is either Fire/Ground or Fire/Psychic..i will be so very happy..especially Fire/Ground..we need more Fire/Ground Pokemon..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    If Fennekin is either Fire/Ground or Fire/Psychic..i will be so very happy..especially Fire/Ground..we need more Fire/Ground Pokemon..
    Well we aren't exactly abundant on Fire/Psychic types either, don't get me wrong, a Fire/Ground would be good, but I don't think just because Fennec Foxes come from the desert means it will be ground type. Otherwise Hippodown and Stunfisk would be water type.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I can't imagine a fox using Earthquake though. :P
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/zlsw91.jpg[/IMG]
    Creds to Silverend719

Quote Originally Posted by supersmew View Post
    Pokémon White 2.

Because I want to nearly die by being impaled by ice spears.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I didn't know that Rocks turned into Haunted/Evil Trees nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    Who said it had to? I can't see a chicken doing it either but we got Blaziken.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpadez View Post
    I could see it very much so
    I mean barboach, ekans, slowpoke, teddiursa, wooper, spheal, and riolu can

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Give Fennekin Thunderbolt GF, and you can have my money.
    Thundebolt? Bit op, don'tcha think?

I could sorta see ghost for fennekin. As for the fairy type, as described a few pages back, it could be seen as a too unfair promotion for him.

And for chespin, I prefer the gentle giant porcupine. Personally, I can't understand the people who want it to turn into a reptile.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Thundebolt? Bit op, don'tcha think?
    I don't see how it's overpowered. It's not any different than water starters knowing Ice Beam.

Do people REALLY want their favorite starter/fire starter to be 4x weak towards water types though.. The most prevalent type.
    My Pokémon brings all the nerds to the yard
    They're like,"Hey, wanna trade cards?"
    Darn right, I wanna trade cards
    I'll trade you my Pikachu but not my Charizard

Quote Originally Posted by DinoKing View Post
    I don't see how it's overpowered. It's not any different than water starters knowing Ice Beam.
    True, but what's wrong with solarbeam? And given (If he is psychic) fennekin will probably have ridiculous sp atk. It wouldn't be over powered on most, which a good amount learn thunder fang/punch anyways, but on him its possible that would just be ridiculous. Heck, most water starters don't have the best sp atk anways.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Marco The Phoenix View Post
    Do people REALLY want their favorite starter/fire starter to be 4x weak towards water types though.. The most prevalent type.
    Energy Ball, Solarbeam.

It's a small price to pay when you hit 7 types SE, and lose a Stealth Rock weakness.

If I had to weigh it between Energy Ball & Thunderbolt... I'd probably go Thunderbolt (and if Fennekin3 gets the Ghost type, I could see it getting Thunderbolt, since lots of Ghost types do).

Do you guys think we'll get different abilities for the starters, instead of the usual Overgrow/Blaze/Torrent?

I think we are going to get the classic abilities of the starters like all the regions. Overgrow, Torrent and Blaze. However because of the dreamworld than we should also get some alternative abilities. Speaking about that hey Gamefreak when are you going to release the abilities of the 5th gen starters? You kind of screwed them over considering the fact that it is fifth gen yet you only released the dreamworld abilities of the previous gens starters.

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    True, but what's wrong with solarbeam? And given (If he is psychic) fennekin will probably have ridiculous sp atk. It wouldn't be over powered on most, which a good amount learn thunder fang/punch anyways, but on him its possible that would just be ridiculous. Heck, most water starters don't have the best sp atk anways.
    Energy Ball, Solarbeam.

It's a small price to pay when you hit 7 types SE, and lose a Stealth Rock weakness.
    Unless you have the sun up, Solarbeam's a bad choice due to being a charge up move. You could hit with two Energy Balls for more damage output vs. one hit while risking taking damage/set-up on the first turn.

Having said that, Fire/Ground would be nice typing on the offensive side. All Fennekin needs is to not be slow and it's golden.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 19th July 2013 at 2:36 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Page 616 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 516566606612613614615616617618619620626666716 ... LastLast