View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 631 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,775 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RConnz View Post
    It seems like there are more fire types available early on than before (Talonflame, Litleo etc), so despite Fennekin being pretty cool I think I'll go with Froakie. It's tradition for me to always pick the grass type first, but I don't really like Chespin all that much. I guess I'll wait and see what the final evolutions look like before I decide though. Anyone know when we might see their evolutions?
    Unless leaked, probably 'never'.

^I know! My brother's happy it comes a day before his birthday.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-1375 7776 2368-Heather

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Grass/Steel ---knight

Fire/Fairy ---a supernatural fox,sorcerer thingy

Water/Dragon ---frog becomes salamander>>>salamander becomes froggy asian dragon

Imagine the posibilities with this trio----------the dragon slaying knight,the sorcerer and the dragon

I'm an optimist.The game already has a fairytale kind of feel so,incorporating this theme on the starters would be somewhat cool.
    Last edited by Nacreous; 21st July 2013 at 8:50 PM.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    Unless leaked, probably 'never'.

^I know! My brother's happy it comes a day before his birthday.
    Grrr. He's a lucky one ay. It comes out 8 days after my friends birthday but he doesn't have a 3ds lol.

Just incase you don't know you can reply with quote on my post, then comment on it , then copy it, then comment on another persons post and paste mine above/underneath. Then you'll have two replies in one post without confusion (luckily I know ^ is my new name lol )
    More trainers shall behold the power of the epic dragon pokémon.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    Future Draconian Team- (only because of sand veil, it was hard to abandon Flygon)
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

RANK UP: Flygon is like totally the best pokémon dude

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Master54 View Post
    Grrr. He's a lucky one ay. It comes out 8 days after my friends birthday but he doesn't have a 3ds lol.

Just incase you don't know you can reply with quote on my post, then comment on it , then copy it, then comment on another persons post and paste mine above/underneath. Then you'll have two replies in one post without confusion (luckily I know ^ is my new name lol )
    I guess I just do this to reply to a person above.

He doesn't either-and in my family, a system's a huge birthday present-typically your main Christmas one. He'll be lucky if he gets it. I've one, and have been saving up just for October.

^I doubt froakie will be dragon.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, lot of HA pokes, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"If you love it enough you can have another because the new Pokemon can never take the sentimental value of the original, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

My Pangoro in the 6th gen remake of a 3rd gen game will be my future 63rd hundred. This is a great epiphany.

Everyone doubts a starter would ever be part Dragon,especially one based on a frog.But crazier things have happened.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Everyone doubts a starter would ever be part Dragon,especially one based on a frog.But crazier things have happened.
    Why would he in the first place? Its not as ridiculous as the chespin/fennekin dragon theories, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be quite awhile before we get a dragon, if ever.

-My younger brother

Grass/Steel ---knight

Fire/Fairy ---a supernatural fox,sorcerer thingy

Water/Dragon ---frog becomes salamander>>>salamander becomes froggy asian dragon

Imagine the posibilities with this trio----------the dragon slaying knight,the sorcerer and the dragon

I'm an optimist.The game already has a fairytale kind of feel so,incorporating this theme on the starters would be somewhat cool.
    Haha what. Froakie into a dragon. I want some of what your smoking.
    I guess I just do this to reply to a person above.

He doesn't either-and in my family, a system's a huge birthday present-typically your main Christmas one. He'll be lucky if he gets it. I've one, and have been saving up just for October.

haha it sucks to be him then. He could always ask for his birthday and risk a terrible christmas.
    Gotta agree with you on Froakie

Thats because it gets rid of it's main weakness. If so then Chespin will have to be a dragon or fairy to be super effective which aren't likely either.
    Last edited by Flygon Master54; 21st July 2013 at 8:57 PM.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    Future Draconian Team- (only because of sand veil, it was hard to abandon Flygon)
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

Why would he in the first place? Its not as ridiculous as the chespin/fennekin dragon theories, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be quite awhile before we get a dragon, if ever.
    I don't see anything wrong about it.Plus,it would fit perfectly with this generation's theme.Now would be the perfect type to have a Dragon starter.They made the regional bird a Fire/Flying so...things are not set in stone.

Haha what. Forakie into a dragon. I want some of what your smoking.

haha it sucks to be him then. He could always ask for his birthday and risk a terrible christmas.
    I wonder if he even could. Dad will almost definitely say no for birthday (and doesn't like that we play pokemon, so might not buy the game), and was just in the hospital so probably couldn't afford a system (Though's good about getting games). could save up birthday money, get it later.

Yeah, I just really doubt it. We've had several reptilian starters, why not do it already?

^Dragon's are considered mystical, and they may consider it too powerful for a starter.

-My younger brother

Haha what. Froakie into a dragon. I want some of what your smoking.

Thats because it gets rid of it's main weakness. If so then Chespin will have to be a dragon or fairy to be super effective which aren't likely either.
    Chespin-Grass/Steel...would resists most of Froakie's attacks

Fennekin-Fire/Fairy...would be super effective on Froakie

Froakie-Water/Dragon...can be killed and kill Fennekin and doesn't have any stab to deal with Chespin...so yeah,this way,it's a good trio.

I wonder if he even could. Dad will almost definitely say no for birthday (and doesn't like that we play pokemon, so might not buy the game), and was just in the hospital so probably couldn't afford a system (Though's good about getting games). could save up birthday money, get it later.

Yeah, I just really doubt it. We've had several reptilian starters, why not do it already?

^Dragon's are considered mystical, and they may consider it too powerful for a starter.
    Oh well. Are you considered too old/young or one of those parents who think pokémon is devils work? yeah could defo save up lol

Yeah Charizard is still till this day getting loads of wtf is it fire/flying. Totodile might of became a cross between feraligatr and druudigon. sceptile could of been a grass/dragon even I consider it dragonic. Also Snivy got so much speculation and fan art of a potentill grass/dragon and look how that turned out. Disappointment. Froakie has the least chance of all considered.

Not really with fairy introduced

Froakie-Water/Dragon...can be killed and kill Fennekin and doesn't have any stab to deal with Chespin...so yeah,this way,it's a good trio.
    Chespin believable. Fennekin too an extent can be believable with the cutesy/femimine look. Froakie is just... I can't imagine it as a dragon but they could always do the samurott again .
    Last edited by Flygon Master54; 21st July 2013 at 9:10 PM.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

Not all that likely. If we haven't had a dragon in all the reptile's we've had, why turn froakie into one?

^Too old. He plays d&d, so he doesn't buy into the devil bullcrap.

-My younger brother

It's been a while since dragons have been considered mystical.Sure,maybe are still considered.But I doubt that giving a secondary Dragon type to a pkmn would automatically make it mystical.I doubt Noivern is mystical.

Not all that likely. If we haven't had a dragon in all the reptile's we've had, why turn froakie into one?
    We had no Fairy type.

Chespin believable. Fennekin too an extent can be believable with the cutesy/femimine look. Froakie is just... I can't imagine it as a dragon but they could always do the samurott again .
    Why am I the only one who can imagine that?It could just evolve into a salamander.Salamanders are related to frogs as they're both slimy amphibians...but salamanders also have a connection with dragons[axolotl?].Its body could just elongate and blah blah...asian dragon with a derpy face. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ander_head.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_cinereus.jpg
    Last edited by Nacreous; 21st July 2013 at 9:19 PM.

It's been a while since dragons have been considered mystical.Sure,maybe are still considered.But I doubt that giving a secondary Dragon type to a pkmn would automatically make it mystical.I doubt Noivern is mystical.

We had no Fairy type.
    I'm not going to start that argument again.

-My younger brother

Why am I the only one who can imagine that?It could just evolve into a salamander.Salamanders are related to frogs as they're both slimy amphibians...but salamanders also have a connection with dragons[axolotl?].Its body could just elongate and blah blah...asian dragon with a derpy face. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ander_head.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_cinereus.jpg
    Lol it's the derpy face that throws me off tho

Too old. He plays d&d, so he doesn't buy into the devil bullcrap.
    oh ok. How old are you's, I'm seventeen my parent seen me buy white 2 and didn't complain at all.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

I am finding it hard to choose between the grass type and the frog. I don't like the fox for some reason.

I'll check their evolution and see which one looks more cool and has better moves.
    By the time I get enough money to get a 3D DS and Pokemon X, gen 7 would had came out ha ha ha!

Lol it's the derpy face that throws me off tho

oh ok. How old are you's, I'm seventeen my parent seen me buy white 2 and didn't complain at all.
    Eh, I'm wary about giving my age-but older than you. I think he just thinks its childish for an adult to play it, I guess. He doesn't stop us, but he doesn't like it.

-My younger brother

Quote Originally Posted by Garbodor. View Post
    I am finding it hard to choose between the grass type and the frog. I don't like the fox for some reason.

I'll check their evolution and see which one looks more cool and has better moves.
    By the time I get enough money to get a 3D DS and Pokemon X, gen 7 would had came out ha ha ha!
    Good idea. However you may wanna consider alternatives as well in your decision, if froakie becomes a detructive force but there are no other good grass types then you may choose chespin and use a good water type.
    Eh, I'm wary about giving my age-but older than you. I think he just thinks its childish for an adult to play it, I guess. He doesn't stop us, but he doesn't like it.
    Oh ok, some snide and sarcastic comment every now and then, hey? PM me it if you wish too, I won't spread and I don't judge anyone who plays pokémon no matter what age.
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

Good idea. However you may wanna consider alternatives as well in your decision, if froakie becomes a detructive force but there are no other good grass types then you may choose chespin and use a good water type.

Oh ok, some snide and sarcastic comment every now and then, hey? PM me it if you wish too, I won't spread and I don't judge anyone who plays pokémon no matter what age.
    Yeah pretty much. He did get me emerald for my birthday when it came out.

If we would by some miracle get different abilities, what would you guys want?

-My younger brother

I'm surprised that chespin has more votes that froakie, I don't eve know what chespin is XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles4Ever View Post
    I'm surprised that chespin has more votes that froakie, I don't eve know what chespin is XD
    Hedgehog/porcupine.

-My younger brother

Yes, that is a great point. We also need to wait and see what their secondary types are.

I have a feeling the frog will be water/fighting.
    I am not sure about the grass.

Yeah pretty much. He did get me emerald for my birthday when it came out.

If we would by some miracle get different abilities, what would you guys want?
    Yeah but that was 8 years ago.

Iron Barbs for Chespin dunno about the others

Quote Originally Posted by Garbodor. View Post
    Yes, that is a great point. We also need to wait and see what their secondary types are.

I have a feeling the frog will be water/fighting.
    I am not sure about the grass.
    Yeah good idea.

Either that or Water/Flying
    Grass/Steel?
    Best Pseudo Dragons-
    White 2 Team:
    , , , , ,

Iron Barbs for Chespin dunno about the others
    That would probably depend on how unique an ability it is to Ferrothorn and family, and how signature abilities are dealt with (I'm sketchy on the details,) but it was unique enoguh for it not to be replaced with a Dream World ability, but maybe that was more because it was a trait it just has... It's prickly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Quote Originally Posted by ToeyJoey View Post
    That would probably depend on how unique an ability it is to Ferrothorn and family, and how signature abilities are dealt with (I'm sketchy on the details,) but it was unique enoguh for it not to be replaced with a Dream World ability, but maybe that was more because it was a trait it just has... It's prickly...
    they could have give it sturdy

but if Chespin keeps its spikes I can see it getting something like Iron Barbs or Poison Point
    Friend Safari

Friend Code - 3411-1341-5371

Page 631 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 531581621627628629630631632633634635641681731 ... LastLast