View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 7 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571071007 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Froakie looks like a pre-volution of Seismitoad...

I've always taken the fire starter since Charmander. A new secondary type would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Exactly what I thought,lol.Would be awesome to see if they incorporate a huge wig on its evos^^
    Kinda similar to jellicent's (male) mustache, eh? :P

I'm personally hoping for Fennekin to be a Fire/Ghost type though it will probably be Fire/Psychic. Either way is fine with me, but I prefer Fire/Ghost
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

This might be the first time since Gen 2 that a fire starter has caught my eyes. Fennec foxes are awesome creatures, just dying to see Fennekin evolutions!
    Froakie looks cool, even though I have an idea on how his evolutions will turn out... (really want him to not go bipedal...)
    Chespin... an interesting one indeed. I have no idea on how his evolutions will turn out, but I gotta say, if he really does turn into a grass/steel, it would make him a viable choice for me, also!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

i like them all, and i wish i could see the final stages

i think the battle scenes look awesome and i wonder how this will effect wifi battling, and if there will be a pokemon transfer system

If Femikin evolves into a Kitsune, I'm gonna be pissed. You never see a regular fox anymore. It's always a Kitsune. >_>

I don't get why everyone hates Froakie, he's supercute. I personally think the grass one looks like it's in the wrong Nintendo game, doesn't feel pokemon at all :x .

the grass one does look weird

Quote Originally Posted by Kariachi View Post
    Another thought (because I seriously don't like the idea of Fire/Psychic, it would just make her too much like Ninetales for me), Fennec foxes are desert dwellers, right?

Fire/Ground maybe?
    Ninetales isn't fire/psychic. It can learn psychic and extrasensory, but it isn't a psychic type. The only fire/psychic we've had was Victini.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I am, most definetley, choosing Chespin. It is goddamn adorable. Besides, I don't really like Fennekin or Froakie. If I actuall HAD to choose between those latter two, Fennekin. I just don't like Froakie. It reminds me of the Seismitoad line, and I HATED that evolution line SO MUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by x0MoMusica0x View Post
    im not too sold on any of the starters really. i think that its a good thing that i have a year to get used to looking at them, but i hope they wont disappoint me to the point of just ditching them in the PC and leaving them for the lucky field Poke that happens to be much better than they are.

Froakie - im just not feeling it. the frog concept wears thin with me b/c frogs just arent that interesting really. i mean, it looks cute in some ways, but i dont think the evolutionary line is gonna keep me interested. kinda a bummer considering i love nearly all water starters (oshawott is working his way in). i think they're gonna go for the water/fighting mix, but i CRAVE A SPEEDY WATER STARTER. fire/grass got one, so its our turn now (it probably wont though... water isnt know for its speed)

Fennekin - probably the best looking imo. fire/psychic is looking like its ideal typing, but maybe we'll have a pure fire? foxes are known to be mischievous, so maybe fire/dark. looks like its gonna abuse its speed (look at that thin body!) and frailty, my favorite type of Poke. its tops on my list of choices, but only time and stats will tell

Chespin - another unfortunate starter suffering from dorky looks. i really cant get into it, so i'll wait and watch to see if its evolutionary line makes me want it. grass/dark typing imo. i think that it used night slash in the trailer (some moves are really easy to see despite animation). it looks like it'll have some average speed, but grass is know for their speedy frailty, plus it might be dark. i guess waiting and watching is gonna provide me the answers i want.

in digression, i'll probably just get all of them (i like having all the starters in every gen.)
    Particularly the part about water types not being known for speed, dw sharpedo would like to have a word about that :P

Wow, this has to be one of the first times in a while where I blatantly loved another starter far more than the Grass one I always choose. I might have to break the pattern and go with Fennekin this time...I honestly don't like rodent designs very much (it's the buck teeth, something about them freaks me out for some reason), but if the final Grass evo is awesome I might just go with it anyway despite my misgivings about the initial form.

I honestly hope Froakie goes a completely different route than Seismitoad. Maybe they should've made THAT one the Grass starter (tree frog?), for the sake of variety between gens.

I have to admit this is the first gen where I find the starters to look bizarre/out of place.
    Froakie has a bit of a toon look goin' on.
    And Fennekin's head looks uncomfortably out of proportion to its body =/
    They'll definitely take some getting use to~

Chespin might be the one for me, which works out well since I tend to choose Grass type starters~

Round and Round and Round he goes~

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    the grass one does look weird
    Nah, Conkeldurr looks weird..

So.. I kinda wanted to bring up to issue of fidelity and Japanese names.. With this worldwide stream, most of us have, since a long time, started naming pokemon by their English names on first notice!

When Dp came out, most of us used names like Naetoru/Naetle, Hikozaru, Muku.Bird, etc.. Then came BW, and Tsutaja, Pokabu, Chaobuu, Daikenki, Mijumaru became the names used, and only when their English localizations came up, did some start to call them Oshawott, Snivy, etc..

I've seen nobody use the Japanese names yet, and quite frankly, I doubt that 50 percent of the people in this thread even know them:
    - Keromatsu: Froakie
    - Fokko: Fennekin
    - Harimaron: Chespin
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

honestly i think they are all cool.

i feel bad for people without a 3ds....

Those look good, but I think you have the legendaries mixed. The flying red one represents Y, and the deer one represents X. But the drawings look excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So.. I kinda wanted to bring up to issue of fidelity and Japanese names.. With this worldwide stream, most of us have, since a long time, started naming pokemon by their English names on first notice!

When Dp came out, most of us used names like Naetoru/Naetle, Hikozaru, Muku.Bird, etc.. Then came BW, and Tsutaja, Pokabu, Chaobuu, Daikenki, Mijumaru became the names used, and only when their English localizations came up, did some start to call them Oshawott, Snivy, etc..

I've seen nobody use the Japanese names yet, and quite frankly, I doubt that 50 percent of the people in this thread even know them:
    - Keromatsu: Froakie
    - Fokko: Fennekin
    - Harimaron: Chespin
    Oh, that's another great thing about this worldwide release: we won't have to learn all the Japanese names and then take a long time to get used to the Western names when they finally come out. As you said, most of us didn't even know the Japanese names for the new starters.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    honestly i think they are all cool.

i feel bad for people without a 3ds....
    If anything, this new gen is going to sell the 3DS like crazy.

Inb4 Chespin's shiny form is blue. I mean it seems to be based on a porcupine/Hedgehog.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If anything, this new gen is going to sell the 3DS like crazy.
    Yeah. I'm on the Sega of America forums, and I've always postulated that the Pokemon games are always what leads to the Nintendo handhelds winning...and now people over there are already joking about "getting the hammer and the nails" for the PSVita.

The grass and fire one seems nice. I don't know if I will like the frog.

Please Gamefreak no fire/fightning start please!

For the first time in a while I really like the fire starter.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Fennekin is absolutely badass. Definitely my favourite so far. Froakie probably the least so, which isn't to say he's bad.

I'm not one to predict secondary types so much (because I'm almost always wrong), but my initial thoughts are that Froakie will probably stay the same, or may even develop a water/grass combo. As for Fennekin and his/her "psychic" attack, it is worth pointing out that I think he/she was fighting a Ralts at that moment. Could just be a reversal/mirror coat move? Doesn't immediately suggest psychic.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah I think this year I'm getting myself a new console *cough* 3DS does anyone think that the price will drop for it because I wanna know when the best time will be to get it since I'm not all that interested in paying $40 for other games just yet
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by co918 View Post
    Particularly the part about water types not being known for speed, dw sharpedo would like to have a word about that :P
    It'a not so much water pokemon but water starters. Until today all of them have been either slow or average but none of them was fast. Froakie may be an exception.

Eh, I'm not too excited about any of the starters yet. The grass type looks like a Piplup/Oshawott clone. I'm more partial towards the frog. I'll wait for the evos though.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 21 is up.

Page 7 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117571071007 ... LastLast