View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 774 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 674724764770771772773774775776777778784824874 ... LastLast
Results 19,326 to 19,350 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    If it ends up being Grass/Rock or Grass/Dark, then no more 4x weakness to Fire (or weakness at all in Grass/Rock's case) and it can hit Fennekin with SE STAB, going with the prediction that Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic. If it's Grass/Steel, I think it's only hope may be Earthquake.
    Haha, precisely. I'm biased towards Chespin, and as much as I like the idea of Grass/Steel, in this case. It's a horrible typing for it. Non STAB EQ, while yes doing a lot, it wouldn't even get the chance to hit it with it's slow speed.
    But Grass Rock no fire weakness, Water poison no Grass Weakness, Fire Psychic/fairy, well, Fire starters have been the more benefecial typing forever now. But, it'd also have a bit of an advantage over Froakie with it being weak to psychic.
    PERFECTE MENOSVS • PERFECTE IMPERFECTVS
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.
    Want to battle? Feel free to PM me.
    FC: 1736 1029 6838
    Chilling in the City of Fear

Here are my hopes and dreams for the starters:

Fennekin: This guy will either be
    A) An epic Kitsune. If this happens, the Digimon fangirl part of me will kick in and I will name it Sakuya/Sakuyamon.
    B) A queen-based epic thing that has a high chance of being female. I shall call her Guinevere if this happens. Crossing my fingers for this one.

Chespin: I've got some ideas. It will be
    A) A knight in shining chestnut armor. Hopefully with a lance (I'm thinking Sir Lancalot). More king Arthur stuff will be epic.
    B) A king. King Arthur to be exact.

Froakie: I'm certain of this one. Froakie will be a ninja, I'm not going to doubt that for a second.

What do you guys think?
    DIE, PIKACHU. DIE.
    (Yes, I do hate Pikachu...)
    My White 2 Friend Code: 2194 5852 2842

If Fennekin is a sorcerer, I think it'd be Fairy (look at my sig, and the fact they appear in Fairytales), but nobody (except TrollFreak) knows....

Sorry, I hate it when people overlap types, especially since Psychic has nearly nothing to do with Magic. (Psychic Powers =/= Magic)

If Fennekin I Fire/Psychic, I'd find a sphinx more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    If Fennekin is a sorcerer, I think it'd be Fairy (look at my sig, and the fact they appear in Fairytales), but nobody (except TrollFreak) knows....

Sorry, I hate it when people overlap types, especially since Psychic has nearly nothing to do with Magic. (Psychic Powers =/= Magic)

Personally if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic..i hope he looks like either a wizard or a spinx..both would work for fennekin but i got to admit i want to see Fennekin as a Sphinx

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Thanks guys for all the comments on the stat predictions. I think most of you agree with the general consensus of the distribution of stats. Yes there can definitely be differences +/- 10~15, but overall you all seem to agree with what should be high or low. I little note on my distributions, I didn't make them a "wish list" which is probably why Fennekin is a little slower than what people want, froakie is a little weaker offensively than what people want and chespin has a little higher special attack and lower special defence than what people want. This is just to "imitate" Gamefreak. I wanted to give chespin a liitle more spatk because newer players might not know that physical grass move do significantly more damage than special grass moves. They might want to keep solarbeam and I think from a game design point of view Chespin should not have ridiculously low Sp.Atk or Froakie with ridiculously low defences, or fennekin with low HP. That's why they are a little higher than optimal, just to take into account that there will be newer players introduced to pokemon, and we have to make the transition a little more smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Personally if Fennekin is Fire/Psychic..i hope he looks like either a wizard or a spinx..both would work for fennekin but i got to admit i want to see Fennekin as a Sphinx
    The wizard thing was the point of the post. I don't see it as Psychic if its a wizard, which from what we have so far, seems to fit Fairy

I mean Gardevoir, who resembles a sorceress, was re-typed, so :3

I hope we get starter evos soon. The arguments 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post

Fennekin as a sorcerer/wizard would remind me too much of Renamon's digi-evolution...

Taomon_b.jpg

@Sceptile That's what I said. Which could look cool if it wasn't for hte Digimon Connection
    Last edited by MasterofArcanine; 28th August 2013 at 5:42 PM.
    I am the Master of Arcanine and Boy to I love this Big Dog

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Hoenn here we Come! 30 days to go
    3ds friend code: 3265-5471-9696.

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicSceptile View Post
    Fennekin as a sorcerer/wizard would remind me too much of Renamon's digi-evolution...

Taomon_b.jpg
    The only reason people say they see a Pokemon evolving into a Digimon look alike is because that's what they want to happen. In no way do "I" see Fennekin evolving into a Taomon look alike. I just couldn't see GF making it stand on two legs with a robe, and have talismans all over it.
    Last edited by Jskid44; 28th August 2013 at 6:09 PM.
        Spoiler:- Current Pokemon X Team:

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

What do u guys think is the most unlikely but possible secondary type for froakie
    I'm kinda thinking poison

Quote Originally Posted by baconrules View Post
    What do u guys think is the most unlikely but possible secondary type for froakie
    I think it will be poison or fighting, I want my ninja frog
    Kiss from Kalos, or maybe France

X team:
    Jiraya the frog (Froakie)
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Caliburn the sword (Honedge)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

One of the more off the way ones I heard was Flying and I believe one Dragon.

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise).

Quote Originally Posted by Scipion View Post
    I think it will be poison or fighting, I want my ninja frog
    From what've seen already and counting on rumours, I am almost sure Froakie will become part fighting.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

I have heard him being speculated almost all types. Water/Electric, Water/Dark, Water/Flying, Water/Dragon, Heck I have even heard people say Water/Ground.
    It's really weird how many types people can see the Froakster having. But I guess you could say the same thing for Fenniky, and Cheesiepin.

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

I guess those are all good points, I really hope it's part poison that would be so awesome

@Baconrules Nah. Why it would be a good typing for a starter they already have Skelp and his Evolution(s). I don't think they would too many Water Poison.

Poison, dark, fighting, actually a don't care that much, all I want is a ninja frog, even if it's not one, he so fun too look at so I'll pick it no matter what.

X team:
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

Ghost or psychic. A ninja based on the legends of Saizo Kirigakure who famed for his "genjutsu"

Grass based on Sasuke Sarutobi. Grass seems fitting for someone raised in the wild

dragon based on Ryu Hayabusa. Self explanatory.
    3ds FC: 4124-5399-8900

Froakie Master Race!!

Quote Originally Posted by SageofTruth View Post
    Ghost or psychic. A ninja based on the legends of Saizo Kirigakure who famed for his "genjutsu"

Grass based on Sasuke Sarutobi. Grass seems fitting for someone raised in the wild

Looks like we got someone knewing a lot on ninja.

That's for saying that when I look at your sign, I want to shoot "HADOKEN".

X team:
    Zuul the t-rex (Tyrunt)
    Isu the fairy (flabebe)

I have really High Expectations for Froakie. He needs to be a Fast Special Attacker. Water/Fighting would make him so great. I know that some people want him to be Physical, but I don't see it. He just seems more Specially Oriented. Surf, Aura Sphere, Ice Beam...absolute perfection. As for another Special Move, I would think of Thunderbolt as a good one, maybe because of the Foam on it's back for some reason. Bolt-Beam is so amazing. There's always Hidden Power Electric though, so it would be okay. Volt Switch might seem more logical, as Froakie should be fast. As for a good Hidden Ability, I think Water Absorb would be neat. Absorbing the Water into the Foam, I don't know. I just really hope Froakie is good.

I see Froakie as Water/Poison. Simply because if you look back at GFs idea of a ninja, what type have they portrayed it as? Simple. Poison.

However, that's IF they make him a ninja. Which I would prefer.
    I love beautiful women, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you do too.

Quote Originally Posted by SageofTruth View Post

I would love to see Froakie become Water/Dragon..just to see everyone's reactions to it

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I would love to see Froakie become Water/Dragon..just to see everyone's reactions to it
    That would be the biggest trolling GF has ever done to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jskid44 View Post
    That would be the biggest trolling GF has ever done to us.
    Idk, showing Glow Punch has been an all time high for GF. I don't thinking giving him a dragon secondary typing would top that.

After watching Froakie use Water Pulse in the anime, does anyone feel that it's very likely that Froakie can learn Aura Sphere if it turns out Water/Fighting?

Page 774 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 674724764770771772773774775776777778784824874 ... LastLast