View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 79 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291791079 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BrickPokemon View Post
    Watching it yet again I really think it is an electrical attack, you can clearly see blue sparks around the attacked Pokemon, but there's no way of being sure. That animation looks a lot like the Zen Headbutt one, but it probably isn't since there isn't an actual headbutt.

Chepsin's second attack (first seems like Solarbeam) looks like X-Scissor, or maybe Fury Cutter, both Bug-type.... We never had a Grass/Bug started before did we? I'd still prefer if they were a bit more creative though.

They can be new attacks though. I'm not sure. Either way, I can't wait to find out more about the game.
    Umm...jumping to conclusions...seriously.Chespin's attack is prob Aerial Ace

Fennekin's attack is some Psychic type move and Froakie's is prob a Normal or Fighting type attack.Big whoop.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I must confess I believed it would be Fire/Ground or something, being a pig. But they turned even that into a fighter.
    This was the first trailer and there you just can't see the typing which lead us to just guess without any proper hint rather than its shape. I also hoped it was a Fire/Ground, but by that time the opinion were just too strong and lead to disappointing gen rather than anything else and dragged me into it. ;_;

@Zalman: This time we have moves that are not related to the primary type. And even the other two cases being somewhat suspicious, we can firmly say that Fennekin is using a Psychic attack. Also, please check when ANY Fire Starter learns a Psychic attack (Notice that I say attack instead of Move)
    Last edited by Ungoliath; 10th January 2013 at 8:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickPokemon View Post
    Watching it yet again I really think it is an electrical attack, you can clearly see blue sparks around the attacked Pokemon, but there's no way of being sure. That animation looks a lot like the Zen Headbutt one, but it probably isn't since there isn't an actual headbutt.

Chepsin's second attack (first seems like Solarbeam) looks like X-Scissor, or maybe Fury Cutter, both Bug-type.... We never had a Grass/Bug started before did we? I'd still prefer if they were a bit more creative though.

They can be new attacks though. I'm not sure. Either way, I can't wait to find out more about the game.
    I watched the trailer again and paused it at the attack. The blue "saprks" don't actually look like sparks, they look more like they are an effect to show that the attack is hitting the Patrat, rather than to show it is an electric attack. So I still think it is Fury Swipes

I think that the second attack Chespin used is probably a new move.

Why is there an image with Fire shooting out of Fennekin's butt in that image on the top right lol

@Ungoliath- Cyndaquil learns Extrasensory. Infernape learns calm mind.
    Last edited by rocky505; 10th January 2013 at 8:45 PM.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

Lame? Chespin looks just as good the other starters.

Does anyone reckon whether any of the starters could turn out to be any good competitively?

Choosing Fennekin as my first starter unless it, again, becomes a Fire/Fighting. Then I'll probably choose between Froakie and Chespin based on what the first 2-4 Gym types are.

Really hoping for some unique type combinations this Gen.

To be honest though I also wouldn't care if all three simply went the way of the 2nd Gen starters and stayed pure Water/Fire/Grass throughout their evolutions. It would still be preferable to another Fire/Fighting.
    Friend Safari: 2981-6610-1866. Electric with Electrode, Helioptile and Luxio. PM if you add me and I'll add you.

I want to see a powerful Legendary Kitsune Pokemon that I can capture in a Japanese-esque Temple/Shrine. Kitsune are awesome!

I'd also really like to see new fossil pokemon in 7th Gen! I like fossil pokemon, ok?

Preferably a Smilodon (Sabertooth Cat) and a Mammoth. You know, more Ice Age prehistoric fossils instead of Dinosaur Age and Cambrian Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai-zero View Post
    To be honest though I also wouldn't care if all three simply went the way of the 2nd Gen starters and stayed pure Water/Fire/Grass throughout their evolutions. It would still be preferable to another Fire/Fighting.
    My thoughts exactly (but naturally, we'd all choose a nice fresh combination over that).

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Sabconth View Post
    Deviantart is pretty much this right now.
        Spoiler:
    1. Get a fox.
    2. Make it a pokemon.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    You're correct along with the Grass/Dragon for Snivy.
    Indeed. I think I remember some Fire/Flying suggestions with Tepig somehow using it's tail to bounce around. I really hope these starters are more like the DP starters in terms of type stats and movepool. They were all arguably the best choices of their respective types and along with Hoenn are the only set of starters I'd gladly all use. BW starters, while still good designs, really fell flat here. If you're going to give them to everybody they might as well be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oao View Post
    Lame? Chespin looks just as good the other starters.

Does anyone reckon whether any of the starters could turn out to be any good competitively?
    At this stage the three of them have potential, since we don't know their evolutions, typings, stats, movesets, etc. Maybe the three of them will be competitive monsters, maybe just one, or maybe all will go to the depths of NU. Nobody knows, apart from Gamefreak.

I think the second attack of
    Froakie was quick attack
    Chespin was fury swipes or x scissor (didn't look like a dark attack)
    Fennekin was psychic

And for all we know they may have nothing to do with the final evolved forms.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

am I the onlyone here that chespin reminds me of a mole? so I would like to see grass/ground

Chespin's second attack is clearly Aerial Ace.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I think the second attack of
    Froakie was quick attack
    Chespin was fury swipes or x scissor (didn't look like a dark attack)
    Fennekin was psychic

And for all we know they may have nothing to do with the final evolved forms.
    Froakie's attack might have been Quick Attack, but the animation made me think of Fury Swipes.

Also, Chespin's attack didn't look like either IMO. Fury Swipes probably won't be having such a "big and detailed" animation, since it is a common and not so powerful move. The animation doesn't look like it fits X-scissor, it looks more like Aerial Ace or possibly a new move.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadej View Post
    am I the onlyone here that chespin reminds me of a mole? so I would like to see grass/ground
    Read the words under my username. It's names from other languages even gives proof for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Indeed. I think I remember some Fire/Flying suggestions with Tepig somehow using it's tail to bounce around.
    I was one of them only I thought Tepig would evolve into a flying pig.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

@Ungoliath- Cyndaquil learns Extrasensory. Infernape learns calm mind.
    It's an Egg Move, not a level move. And Calm Mind is not an attack.

Again...why GameFreak would show an Egg Move instead of the basic level moves? (Or the TM/HM ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabconth View Post
    Deviantart is pretty much this right now.
        Spoiler:
    Hahaha..........

Quote Originally Posted by Ungoliath View Post
    It's an Egg Move, not a level move. And Calm Mind is not an attack.

Again...why GameFreak would show an Egg Move instead of the basic level moves? (Or the TM/HM ones)
    You said nothing about egg moves all you said was name a starter that learns a psychic attack and I gave you one.

If I decide to get the game (don't have a 3ds), i'd choose Fennekin, do to cuteness, it being a fire type and IMO having a better design then the other two (even though it looks like a fire Zorua).

Chespin and Froakie jut look ugly to me, at least for now (opinion may change when evo's are revealed).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrey View Post
    How do you know though? Every attack could look different now just like the way battles look different.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

I can't decide between Chespin and Froakie. Of course, I'll have to see their evolutions before I decide, but since the games are coming out at the same time this time we won't get to see the evos until the game actually comes out.

Then again, somebody will probably leak everything before launch. Again.

... *goes to re-follow pokexperto's twitter *
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakrey View Post
    Watch it be Night Slash, then you'll analyze more clearly.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

You said nothing about egg moves all you said was name a starter that learns a psychic attack and I gave you one.
    You're right. My bad. I stand corrected then.

BUT my reasoning still remains: There is no Fire Type yet that learns a Psychic move by level up. Fennekin seems to be a clear dual type in this trailer (As well as the other, with more hard-to-guess moves)

Chespin is actually based on the first mammal,which just so happens to look similar to a hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by dd1zzle View Post
    Chespin is actually based on the first mammal,which just so happens to look similar to a hedgehog.
    I don't think it just looks like a hedgehog. The foreign names clearly have to do with hedgehogs, so there's more to the whole hedgehog thing than just looks.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Page 79 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2969757677787980818283891291791079 ... LastLast