View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 9 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591091009 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I absolutely love the starters! The water type may be similar to the tympole line, but that doesn't really bother me. It still looks amazing!
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Clearly Mega Ampharos has been sharing its beauty secrets with Altaria.

...Am I the only one who WOULDN'T mind if Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Fighting? Honestly, typing means nothing to me regarding starters. All of you are kinda overreacting, truthfully. -_-

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

I will have to agree with anyone saying the Fire/Fighting combination needs to stop. Its been done to death. So far out of these 3 designs I'm not really digging Chespin all that much but Froakie and Fenneken both look adorable! I think my favorite has to be Froakie out of the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Fennekin's starting to be called Mozilla Firefox.

Also, dear god, those artists at DeviantArt are fast.
    I was astonished by the sheer amount of Fennekin artwork they were able to produce in three hours. That's jawdropping.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I could totally see Froakie getting some type of Prince looking evolution line.
    #BuyUltraviolance

I keep thinking that Chespin is going to be Grass/Fighting he looks like he could throw a punch or two.

Gotta say all three starters look interesting, but gonna wait til we get an idea of their evolutions before deciding which one I prefer.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Fofo's Evolution has to be Fire/Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    ...Am I the only one who WOULDN'T mind if Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Fighting? Honestly, typing means nothing to me regarding starters. All of you are kinda overreacting, truthfully. -_-
    You're not the only one, I wouldn't mind it either. But Fennekin (^^) looks like the perfect candidate for Fire/Psychic IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Ninetales isn't fire/psychic. It can learn psychic and extrasensory, but it isn't a psychic type. The only fire/psychic we've had was Victini.
    I never said it was, but it's always had a mystical/psychic undertone, at least for me (yes, I am one of those people who, at the start, was amazed that Ninetales was a pure-type). I'd like to see them mix it up a little more. Flying and Ground can both work as secondary typings given mythology and biology, and if we go with the theory that Fennekin was just mirroring a psychic move used by the ralts, well, Mirror Move is a flying attack...
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

Personally i love all three but the fire one is the best

No one is overreacting. Not having a fire starter that isn't part fighting for over 10 years is atrocious(Not counting remakes). If GF wanted Fire pokemon to be to handle rock types then they could've used Fire/Ground or Fire/Steel instead of 2 more fire/fighting types.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by deoxysdude94 View Post
    I absolutely love the starters! The water type may be similar to the tympole line, but that doesn't really bother me. It still looks amazing!
    It's not really even that similar, aside from being based on Frogs and that, they look very different still. Water is a logical choice for a Frog based creature too.

I see Froakie being overall different from Tympole's and Tadpole's lines, aside from having Water type in common(Maybe a secondary type too depending on if it gets one or not and what it is).

I wouldn't say anyone is overreacting(Maybe some people are, there's always going to be people who overreacting to something though). But the thing is, there's been three Fire/Fighting starters in a row, it's pretty understandable that people would get tired of it. Some people just like diversity or just don't like repetitiveness, nothing wrong with that so long as people don't take things to far.

I wouldn't have any real issue with it being Fire/Fighting, but I can't say I wouldn't be disappointed. I would rather have something different for once.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Personally i love all three but the fire one is the best
    Fofo's cuter than your flareon

I can see the grass starter evolving into a grass/dark pokemon, and water... um... water/fighting or just water

I like them all but will probably choose Froakie or Chespin, altough I do quite like Fennekin. Wonder what the names are derived from that would give a vague idea on typing...
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

I've posted these on another forum, but I might as well throw these up here because...well, it's the Pokemon forum.

Chespin - Chestnut and Pin

Fennekin - Fennec and Kindle

Froakie - One part is Frog, other part is either Croak or Cloak.
    Breeder of many Treeckos, master of none.

Quote Originally Posted by Takaru View Post
    I could totally see Froakie getting some type of Prince looking evolution line.
    Frog turning into a prince?AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero38 View Post
    Fofo's cuter than your flareon

I can see the grass starter evolving into a grass/dark pokemon, and water... um... water/fighting or just water
    Water/Fighting seems logical for Froakie.

As for Chespin, Grass/Dark typing seems adequate too. Although with that typing its line would be incredibly similar to Seedot's line.

I have a feeling Mozilla will be a very popular nickname for Fennekin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavo_Zx View Post
    Water/Fighting seems logical for Froakie.

As for Chespin, Grass/Dark typing seems adequate too. Although with that typing its line would be incredibly similar to Seedot's line.
    Well, if it is grass/dark, one can only hope that its movepool isn't as god-awful as the Seedot line.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I like fennekin the most but froakie isn't bad either. The grass one is um... interesting o.O

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    Frog turning into a prince?AWESOME!!!
    I can totally see that happening. This is an European-based region.

It's just fitting that the frog evolves into a prince of sorts.

Never alone, together forever. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Metroid Prime Trilogy - Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I have a feeling Mozilla will be a very popular nickname for Fennekin.
    Wich is stupid cuz we already have a fire fox...since gen 1>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Xweek View Post
    I've posted these on another forum, but I might as well throw these up here because...well, it's the Pokemon forum.

Chespin - Chestnut and Pin

Fennekin - Fennec and Kindle

Froakie - One part is Frog, other part is either Croak or Cloak.
    Thanks man!
    *ALL-STAR MODE*

Fennekin is adorable and I've already chosen it. Unless I really hate its final form. I will be happy with anything that's not Fire/Fighting. (This is a rut that GameFreak need to get out of.)

Froakie is pretty cute and I'd be happy to use him. I'm pretty meh about Chespin, but it's always possible he could evolve into something great.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Guys something just ran a bell about the Fire Starters about something based on what PokeJungle mentioned (during speculation). The fire starters are based on Chinese Zodiac Animals. Charmander is based on the dragon, Cyndaquill is a rat, Torchic is a rooster, Chimchar is a monkey, Tepig is a pig and Fennekin is a fox but it maybe based on the tiger from the Zodiac (maybe it evolves into a tiger Pokemon). Just thought you would be interested.

This was just what I was thinking though I think a dog would be more likely than a tiger. Unless they have decided to move away from this theme of course.

Also while I will miss the old design having a portable version of a Colosseum equivalent will make for some interesting map puzzles and general Pokemon hunting I think based on the trailer.

Page 9 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591091009 ... LastLast