View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 988 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 88893897898498598698798898999099199299810381088 ... LastLast
Results 24,676 to 24,700 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    s'part of what's wrong with it :L plus, it clearly isn't doing Chespin any favors- at all- plus, concept wise, it seems ludicrous- I wanna see how they pull Dark out of Quilladin's chunky ***** :L plus Water/Fighting Froakie is a total Poliwrath rehash: BORING :L
    Please, as all the Dragon/Flying, Normal/Flying, etc. prove, a certain animal sharing the same type doesn't mean that it's going to be a rehash. No one would say Salamence or Noivern is a complete ripoff of Dragonite for instance.

Plus, Froakie and Frogadier look nothing like Poliwrath, they're obviously going in a different direction design and concept wise.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Seismitoad is Water/Ground :L but Poliwrath is indeed Water/Fighting :L fighting frogs... it's so cliche...
    We have 3 Water/Dark Pokemon Carvanha, Sharpedo and Crawdaunt and only 2 Water/Fighting types Poliwrath and Keldeo I seriously don't see the problem

Friend Code: 5472 - 7362 - 2623
    Kalos Dex: 67/69 Complete
    Shiny's: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Odious View Post
    Personally I wanted him to be Grass/Steel (don't care about the fire weakness) but hey guess Gamefreak thought Grass/Dark was better I hope he has a kick *** final evolution
    Yeah I wanted Grass/Steel as well :/ He could've been a kickass-armoured knight

Seismitoad is Water/Ground :L but Poliwrath is indeed Water/Fighting :L fighting frogs... it's so cliche...
    Oh oops. I forgot because when I originally trained Seismitoad in BW I had him learn two Fighting-Type moves. My bad
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

Quote Originally Posted by Mav-san View Post
    Aaaand another Gen with the starters again lurking in the bottom tiers.

I don't see why Fennekin or Froakie have to be bottom tier. Their Typings seem fine. Chespin, with the Grass/Dark....maybe. Unless he has stats that make up for it, Chespin most likely will be in the bottom tier.

Oh well, I was gonna go with Fennekin from the start, and now this just really makes me want Fennekin even more.

Well if he is like Golbez from FF4 like one rumor stated then he should be pretty bad *** hm... actually that makes slight sense too because...
    (FF4 spoiler warning!)
    [spoiler]Cecil started off as a Dark Knight but became a Paladin and Golbez is Cecil's Brother so it's a reverse of Cecil's change plus with a Golbezish look interesting[/spoiler]

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    What? ._.
    Do you think it would be better than Grass/DARK Chespin3?

Hehe...

But seriously, I wanted Froakie3 to be Dark.
    unconfirmed ¬_¬ I hope Hiro whoever this mo'f'kr is, get's imprisoned/fined/shot...

Quote Originally Posted by Valoo. View Post
    Uh... how is Froakie a Poliwrath rehash? Poliwrath is a tadpole, it looks nothing like Froakie or Frogadier. They're completely different designs. And anyway, they can reuse similar concepts without it being a rehash.

Seismitoad is part Ground, and is based on a toad.
    well, it's like the opposite: a tadpole that never grows up and a frog that was never a tadpole- but it is still far too similar for my liking: 'fighting frog' :L yeah different stats etc. but still... jeez
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

We have 3 Water/Dark Pokemon Carvanha, Sharpedo and Crawdaunt and only 2 Water/Fighting types Poliwrath and Keldeo I seriously don't see the problem
    I really think people just want Froakie tobe Water/Dark so Chespin can be Grass/Fighting. That's what I want lol
    Only time I've ever cried in Pokemon; when Ash took over command of Chimchar in the Tag Team Tournament. That's when I started to love Chimchar & Monferno Lol keep in mind I was 9

Check me out on FanFiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3016020/MonfernoFreak

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you think that it's unfair that Ash finds starters in the wild and we can't, copy and paste this into your siggy! (started by zebbystrika)

It isn't about that, it's about how Froakie's line is almost a recycled concept when Fighting doesn't even seem apt from what we've been shown :L just generally, Water/Dark is cooler.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Nylis23 View Post
    I don't see why Fennekin or Froakie have to be bottom tier. Their Typings seem fine. Chespin, with the Grass/Dark....maybe. Unless he has stats that make up for it, Chespin most likely will be in the bottom tier.

Oh well, I was gonna go with Fennekin from the start, and now this just really makes me want Fennekin even more.
    Well Victini was UU with like 5 weaknesses I think Fennekin's final evo can go UU as well(depending on movepool and base stats) and same goes for Froakie's final evo

unconfirmed ¬_¬ I hope Hiro whoever this mo'f'kr is, get's imprisoned/fined/shot...
    The original Pokebeach rumour is the main source for this and has been right on practically everything so far, so I don't see why starter typings would be any different. It's incredibly likely that Quilladin will become a Dark type when it evolves.

well, it's like the opposite: a tadpole that never grows up and a frog that was never a tadpole- but it is still far too similar for my liking: 'fighting frog' :L yeah different stats etc. but still... jeez
    Pretty much what Taodragon said; there are tons of Pokemon with similar concepts and typings that are look nothing like each other, this is no different. I really don't see why you're getting so upset about this.

Storm12, cool it! As much as you disagree, do not call for anyone's death/imprisonment.

Sadly, I agree.

Unless they give it like 200 base HP and Defense, and 125 Special Defense.
    Then It can kill stuff with Toxic, maybe.

It isn't about that, it's about how Froakie's line is almost a recycled concept
    Implying Gamefreak doesn't recycle concept's for other Pokemon

I don't see why Fennekin or Froakie have to be bottom tier. Their Typings seem fine. Chespin, with the Grass/Dark....maybe. Unless he has stats that make up for it, Chespin most likely will be in the bottom tier. .
    If Victiny is not OU, Fennekin won't be either. And with Keldeo in OU, Froakie has no place there.

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Please, as all the Dragon/Flying, Normal/Flying, etc. prove, a certain animal sharing the same type doesn't mean that it's going to be a rehash. No one would say Salamence or Noivern is a complete ripoff of Dragonite for instance.

Plus, Froakie and Frogadier look nothing like Poliwrath, they're obviously going in a different direction design and concept wise.
    animal, colors, typing [seemingly] pretteh similar.... Basically I am mourning why Chespin doesn't get Fighting and why Froakie doesn't get Dark....
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I guess with all the people not liking Quillidin, he turned to the 'dark' side.

Puns aside, dark seems like an unexpected turn for what looks like a pure 'holy' knight type but not all knights were that great. We still have bad cops and military dictators.

3DS Friend Code: 4055-3148-2744
    PM me if you want to exchange

Implying Gamefreak doesn't recycle concept's for other Pokemon
    Well obv they do :L didn't say I liked that though...
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Rikku Takanashi View Post
    Well if he is like Golbez from FF4 like one rumor stated then he should be pretty bad *** hm... actually that makes slight sense too because...
    That rumor is marked as fake because of the day/night cycle being horribly off, going directly against what Masuda himself said.

Well, to be fair, we still haven't heard an official source say these typings are true, if that helps. Not sure that will help anything at this point, though.
    Nintendo Network Suggestions //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo // RU RMT

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Storm12, cool it! As much as you disagree, do not call for anyone's death/imprisonment.
    thing is, I don't know what i'm disagreeing with- how 'confirmed' is this information??
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

You know Dark-type is not a synonym for bad or evil, right?

What's that? What'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthatwhat'sthat what'sthatwhat'sthat?

AS: Sceptile, Sableye, Flygon (?), Relicanth, Muk, Girafarig

thing is, I don't know what i'm disagreeing with- how 'confirmed' is this information??
    fairly confirmed

we've got that old Pokebeach rumor backing it up in addition to now Hiro as well

animal, colors, typing [seemingly] pretteh similar.... Basically I am mourning why Chespin doesn't get Fighting and why Froakie doesn't get Dark....
    There are many different frogs and many different Pokémon with the same color (in fact, Poliwrath's purple to Frogadier's dark blue). The typing is one thing but again, with the dragons and the normal/flying birds, they can easily pull off something different with Froakie.

There's mourning and there's overreacting, saying someone should get shot/imprisoned for putting forth a differing opinion or leak is not how you handle this.

Considering that Pokebeach's leak and Hiro support it, it's pretty likely I'd say.

The only 'real backing' it has is that Hiro said it, and some Pokebeach rumor, I think; don't remember the old rumors much.

Double Ninja'd
    Last edited by RoySceptile; 28th September 2013 at 11:19 PM.

Yeah if Froakie does go Water/Fighting it's still quite different as it definatly has a job based theme where as the poli line was just based off a fighting frog also im sure the stats are laid out differently so they both may be fighting frogs but they arn't the same poke (and personally I never liked the poli line much I think Froakie will be the better frog imo)

And I like that Fake Fennekin Evo how does it look remotely drag queenish? remember Fennekin is going a more feminine route look at Braixen which is clearly feminine themed (sorry had to get that vent out of the way)

Banner made by me feel free to check out my other ones on my DA (Sn is RikkuTakanashi)

My FC Pm me or Vm me if you add me so I can add ya too
    3DS FC: 3540-0063-3109

FS: Ice Type
    Bermite, Spheal, and Delibird (I think on the last one)

sorry guys, I overeact, a lot. Basically, I am not happy with is [evidently] and I absolutely, vehemently, hope this information is false: like some of it has been... e.g. Psychic resisting Fairy.

Disregard mosta what I say, fanrage.

Anyone realistically see HOW Chespin's final evo would become Grass/Dark? How does that make sense?? All they've given us etymologically and aesthetically, is armor...
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Page 988 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 88893897898498598698798898999099199299810381088 ... LastLast