Thread: Swords of Justice

Default Swords of Justice

Hi serebii, it's been a while since I started to do new teams because I love using my rmt achieved team, so I decided why not try something new, I have decided to make a team using Keldeo, Terrakion, Cobalion and last of all Virizion. The team has done well so far but now it's starting to fail because of Torn t which sweeps all 4 of them.

The team

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - U Turn
    - Trick

Jirachi is the lead of my team it beats dragons, torn or any other pokemon which does not resist Iron Head, I went with a Choice Scarf set because I want to sweep with Iron Head and stop Choice Scarf abusers such as Salamence , Fire Punch is used to deal with steel types which resist Iron Head such as Genesect, once all steel pokemon are gone then I have Jirachi to sweep the rest of the pokemon, U Turn is used to switch to a different team mate if needed while doing damage, Trick is used to deal with stall pokemon or pokemon trying to set up Calm Mind, I don't really use Trick often because I can deal with stall with Keldeo.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Quick Attack
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake/ X-Scissor

Terrakion is not Choiced Scarfed because I want it to so max damage by using Choice Band, with Choice Band do a lot of damage to Skarmory and Gilscor and do a lot of damage to stall type pokemon, Quick Attack is used to deal fast pokemon with low hp and with Choice Band I can make sure it kills the low hp pokemon. Close Combat is used to sweep pokemon and beat steel types to let Jirachi sweep, combined with Choice Band this pokemon becomes a real threat to the foe unless there is a faster pokemon than it but because of Jirachi I can make sure I will deal with those fast pokemon, Stone Edge is used to beat dragons and Gilscor, it can also ko a Jellicent in 2 hits, Earthquake is a filler move but i can use it to beat any pokemon weakness Earthquake such as toxicroak which resist my other moves. I made Terrakion Jolly because I want to out speed some pokemon but I also want to dish out a lot of damage too.

Could go with choice scarf set because of Torn T.

Keldeo @ Salac Berry
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Hidden Power [Ghost]
    - Secret Sword
    - Hydro Pump

Keldeo is here to scare water pokemon away with Secret Sword, with Hideen Power Ghost I am able to hit Jellicent which is a real pain to my team, I never wanted Hidden Power Ice because a quick switch to Jirachi will deal with dragons since it out speeds them, I went with the Calm Mind set so I can sweep a few pokemon or just dish out as much damage as I can and to take Sp Atk hits, Hydropump is really strong even against water so I can abuse rain with it, i can also take out Ferrothorn with Secret Sword while hurting other pokemon which resist Hydropump. I designed a new set with Salac Berry, which is used to boost speed which is useful cause I can set up then calm mind and if I take hits it will boost my speed which means it will outspeed Choice scarf Terrkion etc and will be able to beat Torn t. Keldeo works well with Virizion due to they resist each other weakness and they can also help Terrakion with water types or bulky ground types such as Gilscor.

Virizion @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Work Up
    - Giga Drain
    - Close Combat
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Virizion is the sp def wall and helps take care of water and ground types which give Terrkion a hard time, I went with a mixed set so i can take down dragons with hidden power ice and be able to beat chansey with close combat which is good cause if i switch to Terrkion chansey could have thunderwave. work up is used to boost attack and sp atk and give Virizion the power to ko Ferrthorn, Life orb is used to boost the power of Virizion moves.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Dragon Dance
    - Roost
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake/ Fire punch

Dragonite was just thrown in till I find the right poke but it till works well since it is a late sweeper in the match since i plan on taking out steel types with Terrkion and Keldeo. outrage is used to ko most pokes and Lum berry to remove confuse, Earthquake is used to deal with Heatran or other pokes that are weakness ground and roost if to get full health back so multiscale will work.

I want to replace this poke.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Volt Switch
    - Close Combat
    - Toxic

Cobalion is used to take hits or just to be koed so I can revenge, it can also be used to stop stall types with toxic and set up rocks to hurt pokes so it does play a role since rocks can stop sash users, it can also deal with scizor as which can be very useful, volt switch can be used to hurt pokes while switching and close combat is used to deal with steel types or pokes that don't resist fighting.

Overall

I still need to replace Dragonite with a poke that can deal with Torn t and do good damage, this team has worked well since it covers alot of weakness and can deal a lot of damage and got to 1326 on po.
    Last edited by Naoto Shirogane; 8th January 2013 at 12:01 PM.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

Hey Rair, nice team.

now, like you said, you have a major problem with torn-t. to fix this, i recommend using SpD Jirachi. Scarved rachi doesnt seem to be doing the team any good, and without any other scarf abusers, thunder wave support is most beneficial. it also gets rid of scizor, which seems like a problem to this team slightly, taking out virizion, terrakion, and possibly dragonite, depending if it switches in on it.

Jirachi @Leftovers
    - Serene Grace -
    Careful
    252 hp/ 236 SpD/ 20 speed
    - Fire Punch/ Ice punch/ Thunderpunch
    - Thunder wave
    - Iron head
    - Wish/Body Slam/ Fire punch/ Ice Punch/ Thunderpunch

20 speed evs allow it to always outspeed non-scarved magnezone, beneficial to thunder wave it first, and then dominate it. Hp fire, in return, does ~30-40% if i recall. thunder wave and iron head are your two moves of choice, and the rest are fillers. fire punch takes out ferro, scizor, etc, if you feel you have a problem with them. ice punch is for the dragons, to really dismantle dragmag, and forms great with thunder wave support, hitting lando, and garchomp. thunderpunch is there for gyarados, who i see possibly sweeping this team. thunder wave also allows for easier times at keldeo/dragonite sweeps.

what other types of problems do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by That Crazy Russian™ View Post
    Hey Rair, nice team.

now, like you said, you have a major problem with torn-t. to fix this, i recommend using SpD Jirachi. Scarved rachi doesnt seem to be doing the team any good, and without any other scarf abusers, thunder wave support is most beneficial. it also gets rid of scizor, which seems like a problem to this team slightly, taking out virizion, terrakion, and possibly dragonite, depending if it switches in on it.

Jirachi @Leftovers
    - Serene Grace -
    Careful
    252 hp/ 236 SpD/ 20 speed
    - Fire Punch/ Ice punch/ Thunderpunch
    - Thunder wave
    - Iron head
    - Wish/Body Slam/ Fire punch/ Ice Punch/ Thunderpunch

20 speed evs allow it to always outspeed non-scarved magnezone, beneficial to thunder wave it first, and then dominate it. Hp fire, in return, does ~30-40% if i recall. thunder wave and iron head are your two moves of choice, and the rest are fillers. fire punch takes out ferro, scizor, etc, if you feel you have a problem with them. ice punch is for the dragons, to really dismantle dragmag, and forms great with thunder wave support, hitting lando, and garchomp. thunderpunch is there for gyarados, who i see possibly sweeping this team. thunder wave also allows for easier times at keldeo/dragonite sweeps.

what other types of problems do you have?

thanks i try that and landours can be a problem if keldeo is down, rotom w can give me trouble if viz is down :/ and dragons with dd and earthquake.

3ds fc 1349 6822 3907 , credit goes to Sworn Metalhead and 00swms the amazing banners.

From a glance gyarados will really hurt the team if it gets +1 DD, as scarf rachi can't reliably beat it and quick attack from terri will do maybe 20-30%. This means if it has the right moves it could easily 6-0 you (DD/waterfall/EQ/ice fang would proably do it), as it would rack up moxie boosts fast. I wouldn't scarf rachi, espeically if tornadus is a big issue. Spec def rachi or sub CM rachi are probably better for countering tornadus-T. With that done, You will need a choice scarfer to replace rachi, so swapping dragonite out for a scarfer would be best. A scarf dragon like moxie mence or latios could prove beneficial, deailing with DD dragons, latios beats landorus, andb dealing alot of damage to rotom-w with outrage/meteors.
    I might switch keldeo to sub calm mind, or it will get toxiced/scald burned when up against stall, which will cripple its chances of sweeping. Another option could be to gives spec def rachi rocks, scarf cobalion (iron head/stone edge/ hp ice/ CC/volt switch gives it good mixed coverage) and then have your 6th pokemon as another wall breaker, like dragon gem latios or mixed infernape.
    Also alot of your pokemon tend to have 252/252. Those 4 EV's might not mean much, but sometimes its 2 extra damage, or an extra 1% chance to live on 1HP, or the difference between a download boosting attack and sp atk, all of which can win games.
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmonkey View Post
    From a glance gyarados will really hurt the team if it gets +1 DD, as scarf rachi can't reliably beat it and quick attack from terri will do maybe 20-30%. This means if it has the right moves it could easily 6-0 you (DD/waterfall/EQ/ice fang would proably do it), as it would rack up moxie boosts fast. I wouldn't scarf rachi, espeically if tornadus is a big issue. Spec def rachi or sub CM rachi are probably better for countering tornadus-T. With that done, You will need a choice scarfer to replace rachi, so swapping dragonite out for a scarfer would be best. A scarf dragon like moxie mence or latios could prove beneficial, deailing with DD dragons, latios beats landorus, andb dealing alot of damage to rotom-w with outrage/meteors.
    I might switch keldeo to sub calm mind, or it will get toxiced/scald burned when up against stall, which will cripple its chances of sweeping. Another option could be to gives spec def rachi rocks, scarf cobalion (iron head/stone edge/ hp ice/ CC/volt switch gives it good mixed coverage) and then have your 6th pokemon as another wall breaker, like dragon gem latios or mixed infernape.
    Also alot of your pokemon tend to have 252/252. Those 4 EV's might not mean much, but sometimes its 2 extra damage, or an extra 1% chance to live on 1HP, or the difference between a download boosting attack and sp atk, all of which can win games.
    thanks tried latios scarfed it was ok but does not work well so still on the search for a poke

If you need a replacement for Dragonite and something to kill Torn-T with, I would recommend a Scarf Moxie-Mence. It still keeps the offensive set of Dragonite while giving it more speed and attack, but losing some defense in the process. But as pretty much anything not Steel-Type takes at least neutral damage from an Outrage that hits like a truck, it will KO at least one or two Pokemon before any harm is done to it. It also outspeeds Tornadus-T, one of the team's biggest threats, plus KOing some of the top threats on rain teams that TT is on like a Keldeo. It also does heavy damage to Rotom-W after a Moxie and KOs Politoed after one. Here's te set if you don't already know it:

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
    Moxie
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Outrage
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Aqua Tail / Fire Blast

Outrage is the primary move, D Claw is for the ones you know you can't be locked into, EQ is for those Steels, and Aqua Tail is for that one annoying Heatran that is floating on a balloon. Fire Blast can e used for other steels though.

Hope I helped!

~Credits to myself~

give keldeo HP electric/grass over HP ghost so It has more coverage
    Steel is the type of science

Use HP Ice over HP Ghost to hit Dragons.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Let me type what OP was thinking while creating the team
    -hmm yeah i want a musketeer team like some real bad asses with swords
    maybe i will add keldeo cause he learns a sword move i mean sacred sword FTW
    and jirachi definetely jirachi will be "The star of the team"
    and if everything listed above fails dragonyte can just outrage everything and win.

Black 2 FC
    Reisha
    4084 4240 1032
    The giveaway ended the winner of the Keldeo was ZakRs1
    Another Keldeo giveaway is available in my shop.

all my trades are available in my Excalibur Trade shop.

Quote Originally Posted by stoutshako View Post
    Let me type what OP was thinking while creating the team
    -hmm yeah i want a musketeer team like some real bad asses with swords
    maybe i will add keldeo cause he learns a sword move i mean sacred sword FTW
    and jirachi definetely jirachi will be "The star of the team"
    and if everything listed above fails dragonyte can just outrage everything and win.

lol wrong ... :/ i got bored of ou thanks to the rmt achive team i made which wins like 9/10 battles, next why not spice ou up abit always the same teams anyway some ppl may look at this team and think im an noob but lol your looking at one of the best of serebiii battles lol which i have shocked ppl when i beat them with this team.

also no hp ghost is best sorry since jelicent will destroy the team

give keldeo HP electric/grass over HP ghost so It has more coverage
    HP Ghost hits what Keldeo NEEDS to hit - Jellicent and the Latis (on the switch). Its probably Keldeo's best HP option, provided you don't have to use it to hit Dragons. On this team, hitting Ghosts, Jellicent in particular, is the best option.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

very interesting team, neither virizon or cobalion see much love. I can see sun teams being a problem, venusaur can do massive damage to the team. Back when i ran a 3-3 fighting i found tyranitar a staple member, having control of the weather really helped, plus his ability to trap the top threat to the team lati@s was helpful. I wouldnt bother scarfing terra, any good tornadus user would switch if terra was brought in on it, i would switch hp ghost for sub on keldeo, run it like salac terra just because virizon can take down jellicent, tho no one uses it, as well as non-scarfed dragons like dnite and salamence, furthermore, with tyranitat over dragonite, you can trap or out right KO other threats such as celebi and lati@s that wall most of your team. With the sub up, keldeo can one on one take tornadus. Also i think if you move colbalions evs to sp def, he can handle tornadus therian, tho i know you play smogon tiers, and it looks like 5-6 days hes gone :P. If you dont want ttar, try rotom wash over dragonite, helps you handle tornadus as well as walls like slowbro and skarmory, and offensive threats like scizor, tho hes pretty covered atm

here is a thought. Slowbro, latias/os, jellicent, slowking. These are the dual stab resiss that hp ghost hits yes? Why not take hp dark, so you don't have to lower your IV's?
    To make it clear, if you PM me, I get an email. I do not use this site anymore.
    If you PM me I will do my best to get back to you.

Running HP Dark leaves you absolutely walled by Toxicroak, who does enough damage to your team already. Plus, standard CM Keldeo runs Ghost so Terrakion won't get an Attack boost off it. Keep in mind that HP Dark still activates Justified.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    very interesting team, neither virizon or cobalion see much love. I can see sun teams being a problem, venusaur can do massive damage to the team. Back when i ran a 3-3 fighting i found tyranitar a staple member, having control of the weather really helped, plus his ability to trap the top threat to the team lati@s was helpful. I wouldnt bother scarfing terra, any good tornadus user would switch if terra was brought in on it, i would switch hp ghost for sub on keldeo, run it like salac terra just because virizon can take down jellicent, tho no one uses it, as well as non-scarfed dragons like dnite and salamence, furthermore, with tyranitat over dragonite, you can trap or out right KO other threats such as celebi and lati@s that wall most of your team. With the sub up, keldeo can one on one take tornadus. Also i think if you move colbalions evs to sp def, he can handle tornadus therian, tho i know you play smogon tiers, and it looks like 5-6 days hes gone :P. If you dont want ttar, try rotom wash over dragonite, helps you handle tornadus as well as walls like slowbro and skarmory, and offensive threats like scizor, tho hes pretty covered atm

ok thanks i will test this now and see how well i do

I still don't see a reason why to have HP Ghost on Keledo, when you could HP Grass, or HP Electric, which has more coverage, and still hits Jelli for the same. HP Grass, is only really good for Gastrodon, but your team doesn't really worry about Gassy. HP Electric works for like Gyarados, and stuff, and I guess it can hit Torndadus T if it switches in, question mark?

I dont really know what to do about the Torn-T problem, cause I don't play enough OU, but scarfing Terrak, might help, I know 2 scarfers isn't usually ideal, but idk. :/

Overall pretty cool team
    ayd22: what's it like to use broken items to make up for lackluster skills
    ayd22: yeah your playing great right not
    ayd22: rethink your strategy
    Togoro: get styled upon
    The Pokemon Showdown Little Cup Ladder

I do nothing anymore. Oops
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by KingTorterraXIV View Post
    I still don't see a reason why to have HP Ghost on Keledo, when you could HP Grass, or HP Electric, which has more coverage, and still hits Jelli for the same. HP Grass, is only really good for Gastrodon, but your team doesn't really worry about Gassy. HP Electric works for like Gyarados, and stuff, and I guess it can hit Torndadus T if it switches in, question mark?

I dont really know what to do about the Torn-T problem, cause I don't play enough OU, but scarfing Terrak, might help, I know 2 scarfers isn't usually ideal, but idk. :/

Overall pretty cool team
    thanks i try hp electric soon and torn has been sorted out thanks to sp def jirachi and ttar

HP Ghost lets you hit Celebi and Jellicent which wall Keldeo for days then just cripple it with a Thunder Wave or Toxic. You could use HP Dark but like someone mentioned earlier, it activates Justified boost and also has a poorer type coverage than HP Ghost.

i test out hp electric thanks

going retire this team till 6th gen when hopefully ou will be better and this team may stand a better chance anyway for my next team i have designed a uu team to work in ou.

Thanks for comments and help and most of all good luck if we ever battle in a tour etc

e z switch, special defensive ROTOMW > dnite.

you lack a spinner. you need more answers to torny. done. i recommend removing keldeo for SPECS STARMIE

now you have someone who is faster AND hits hard AND can help you set up terrakion (ttar pursuit you use SDSUBsalac idk)

i didnt look at your sets yet just saw the team. lol

edit:

keldeo -> SPECS STARMIE
    Cb terrak -> SDSUBsalac
    viri -> rotomw

e2: rotomw also beats gliscor.

e3: and now you have a volturn core w/ COBA and ROTOMW
    Last edited by Utopian; 11th January 2013 at 10:49 PM.