Page 2 of 472 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I really want a better close up of these legends. We couldnt see them too clearly in the trailer.

The POINT wasn't to see them clearly -.-
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

I'm extatic with the legendaries. They are much less "monster" looking than the rest have. Loving the stag or whatever it is! The bird thing reminds me of something off Kingdom Hearts for some reason....

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    They are based off either the X and Y of dimensions or the X and Y of DNA.
    I figured out the chromosome thing. But most legendary pokémon are based on legends irl.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I have a different opinion on what the game's theme could be. Since during the recent trailer, the guy had focused on trading and connectivity, and add to the fact as the games will be release worldwide simultaneously, I speculate that the theme would have something to do with trading. The legendarily could hold a valuable that attract people into asking you into trading that.
    Iwata focused on trading and connectivity to show how pokemon had evolved over time.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Note that Pokémon Y seem to have visible blood vessel pretty much support the DNA theory.
    Good point.

Arterial blood is red, while the venis one is blue..

Art has to be found within people, not within the walls of a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Um... I may be missing something here, but can you give me a picture that highlights Dialga's giant rainbow antlers?
    I am just talking about its head, excluding the antlers if you really want to get all technical and sarcastic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil Read the first paragraph at the end, three creatures that live in yggdrasil are an eagle, a dragon and an stag. Two of which are the legendaries, so third could be the dragon. This is norse mythology, would fit in with europe theme. Also, norse mythology would be awesome, thor god like pokemon oh and don't forget the big thing in norse mythology. Ragnorok. Basically armageddon! Wasn't there an interview or something that said, the pokemon world would face a global crisis. Don't get more global than the end of the world!!

Y has a very sort of, like...Fleshy look that is kind of unsettling. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I have a different opinion on what the game's theme could be. Since during the recent trailer, the guy had focused on trading and connectivity, and add to the fact as the games will be release worldwide simultaneously, I speculate that the theme would have something to do with trading. The legendarily could hold a valuable that attract people into asking you into trading that.
    That still doesn't account for the clear DNA theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I am just talking about its head, excluding the antlers if you really want to get all technical and sarcastic.
    Even then, it's head isn't at all shaped like the Xenomorphic diamond that is Dialga's head.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The Yggdrasil mythology fits their design but.. what about the DNA helixes?

Art has to be found within people, not within the walls of a museum.

holy crap Mandibuzz has a dad D:
    the typing for now seems hrmm I'm going to go out of the box here and say that the bird is flying/psychic and that the deer is grass/dark dont quote me
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Okay, Y looks absolutely awesome. It looks like the kind of beast a warlock would ride into battle. I like it.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

With all this talk of chromosomes & DNA I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Pokemon fusions :/

Legendary X & Y will probably fuse to create the 3rd member of their group...
    Planned OR Team:

Y Team:
    White 2 Team:
    White Team:
    Platinum Team:

3DS FC: 4527 8860 3900
    Friend Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Even then, it's head isn't at all shaped like the Xenomorphic diamond that is Dialga's head.
    Was I comparing both of their heads together? Of course their heads don't look similar; I was just noting that Y's head looks reminiscent of Dialga as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraserhead23 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil Read the first paragraph at the end, three creatures that live in yggdrasil are an eagle, a dragon and an stag. Two of which are the legendaries, so third could be the dragon. This is norse mythology, would fit in with europe theme. Also, norse mythology would be awesome, thor god like pokemon oh and don't forget the big thing in norse mythology. Ragnorok. Basically armageddon! Wasn't there an interview or something that said, the pokemon world would face a global crisis. Don't get more global than the end of the world!!
    Aah! Thanks for the info. And for the looks of a dragon, I think it will look a bit like Nidhogg from the AOM games.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

any speculations about their types?
    Y is definitely a flying type and probably dark type to go with its dark looks?
    X looks like a steel type(maybe because it looks like dialga) and probably a ground type too? flying and ground are good opposites, dark and steel are kinda related too as they are added only in the 2nd gen together
    Platinum friend code: 0474 6676 4516
    Black 2 friend code: 3225 3453 6809
        Spoiler:- dream world females i can breed: :

in-game events
    wifi events
    trades
    RE
    hatched(with SC no MM):
    current shiny hunt:egg count:56

Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    The Yggdrasil mythology fits their design but.. what about the DNA helixes?
    I'm sure that they could combine the two thematically, like how they merged the Yang/Yin and natural/technological themes of Reshiram and Zekrom together.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraserhead23 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdrasil Read the first paragraph at the end, three creatures that live in yggdrasil are an eagle, a dragon and an stag.
    Nice find. You could be right, and it does make sense.

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

I really really hope that those two legendaries will have some sort of love/hate theme between them,and they'll create/birth the third one.
    I absolutely LOVE Raichu.

I kinda like 'X' more than 'Y' though. It reminds me of a cross between Dialga and a Sawsbuck. I like both of the legends designs though.

I feel like Y might end up being Dark/Flying just 'cause of the way it looks.
        Spoiler:- Team Stuff:

I don't think they will go with a Z for the third legendary. Just think of how odd a Z shaped Pokemon would look

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

When I saw the bird-like legendary I was like, where have I seen a horned bird monster before? Thought it was from either the Final Fantasy or Tales of series, but I finally remembered:

Last edited by Hidden Power; 8th January 2013 at 2:27 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Does anyone else thinks that the Y Lengendary is based on the Quetzalcoatl? Feathered Serpent?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

Y Legendary: Flying Type
    X Legendary: Psychic Type

I'm still not seeing the X and Y chromosome theme being represented with these two, though. Oh well, they're still awesome looking regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Page 2 of 472 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast