Page 4 of 472 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

I liked more of the Y creature, but the X one is amazing too!

I generally agree to the Norse reference.
    X is most probably Eikţyrnir, which gives nourishment to all the waters of Ćsir' domain through its horn.
    Y could be Víđófnir, or less probably Veđrfölnir or Hrćsvelgr. Víđófnir is the rooster that bring returning life with winds in the domian of Vanir.

When it comes to Z, only a zigzag form can be implied, and that may well be Jörmungandr the World Serpent, or even Níđhöggr the serpent at the other end of the World Tree than Eikţyrnir and Víđófnir.

One cannot simply not call the X legendary the Forest Spirit or the Night Walker.

Yeah, I'll be honest... I'm liking Y much better than X. I mean, we just saw a huge flush of Deer like Pokemon from Gen V. Well, either way they both seem quite interesting.
    "These flames bring not suffering, but peace."

Quote Originally Posted by co918 View Post
    Just a thought, you know how heatran was a gendered legend? Well with the possible (and probable) link to the whole X and Y chromosomes, maybe the two legends will be gendered? Y being male and X being female?
    Also, the first thing I thought when I saw X was someone fused dialga with sawsbuck :P
    ...What is this, boys Vs girls? lol

Okay seirously, the designs are interesting, and I like the X and Y idea over all.

Y looks badass >3

everylooks awesome so far. I just want to see the symbolism and such...Its gonna be awesome. <3

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

A dragon being the Z. What also has a Dragon and a Z? People will start bickering that Pokemon copied it now too lol

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Locked In My Asylum View Post
    I am in love (figuratively) with X. That has to be the most beautiful Pokemon I've ever seen. Looks like I'm getting Pokemon X version.
    Me too! They both have different tones... X seems to be more of a serene creature whereas Y seems more aggressive and vicious. I don't know if it's just me that feels that way. I'd love to have them both legendaries but I think I'll be getting Pokemon X.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

As the theme of Gen 6 seems to be DNA, maybe we will have a lot of explanations to our suppositions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    As the theme of Gen 6 seems to be DNA, maybe we will have a lot of explanations to our suppositions.
    i doubt it. That might just hinge on a kanto repeat since kanto was based on genetics.

So far, the one I like out of the two is BirdY. I wonder what their deal is going to be.
    Digimon Club
    Chapter 14 of A Dragon in Shining Armour is up.

Author's Profile (New)
    Banners by Sworn Metalhead ^ and Anastasia R. v ----pairs with Diamondpearl876
    Claimed: Grovyle (6/30/10) and a second time (11/10/13).

I actually find the X legendary more awesome than the Y one, simply because I was instantly reminded of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke. But the Y one is pretty awesome, too. I'd say this is one of the few gens I've come across where I like both of them as closely as I do right now.

I like X better. It seems much more elegant and graceful.

Also, X and Y aren't the confirmed names for the Legendaries, right...?

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I like X better. It seems much more elegant and graceful.

Also, X and Y aren't the confirmed names for the Legendaries, right...?
    No, just codenames because we need to call them something haha

Though some people are saying they'd like the names to really be X and Y.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    i doubt it. That might just hinge on a kanto repeat since kanto was based on genetics.
    Kanto was only tangentially based on genetics. If anything, it was based on science as a whole or, from a comparative standpoint with regard to the later Generations, not really based on anything. This region could see a more devoted focus toward genetics and chromosomes and could actually solidify those concepts as a part of the story as opposed to relegating them to the vague backgrounds of two irrelevant Legendaries.

EDIT: I'm two posts late in saying this, but it looks like I broke 2000. Not really loving the Bonsly/Pichu thing, however...
    Last edited by Endolise; 8th January 2013 at 3:33 PM.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

The deer kinda reminds me of the Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo). Maybe it could be the "boss" of the swords of justice, kinda like Regigigas is the boss of the regi trio and yet comes from a different region and generation.
    ""You know, you fight pretty well… for a thief." He told me while still trying to catch his breath.

"Thanks. You're not so bad yourself." I responded. "Your hair's still silly-looking though."

- Robin and Scarlette (my OC), Titan Legends Volume 5

This is a line from volume 5 of my fanfiction on deviantart and fanfiction.net. It features my original character, Scarlette; a young demigoddess with the power to make almost any weapon.

Pokemon Black FC: 1893-3683-3048

3DS FC: 4682-8668-1957
    Pokemon X ING: Joey

Visit my trade thread:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=562519

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    The deer kinda reminds me of the Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo). Maybe it could be the "boss" of the swords of justice, kinda like Regigigas is the boss of the regi trio and yet comes from a different region and generation.
    sword of justice ? i thought they were called musketeer trio ?

Edit - oh yeah the group with keldo is called sword of justice my bad :P

The Stag legendary is srsly a Stantler evolution come on guys.

They both look pretty freaking awesome IMO, but the Stag has to shade it for me (even if I was too retarded to realise that the two of them are modeled on x and y). Love his/hermulticoloured menagerie of horns.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrainer View Post
    I think Cobalion is their leader, just like Athos is the leader of the musketeers.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

sword of justice ? i thought they were called musketeer trio ?

Edit - oh yeah the group with keldo is called sword of justice my bad :P
    Even the group without Keldeo is called "the Swords of Justice."
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Someone mind explaining this to me? I mean, yeah, Mewtwo was a genetic pokemon, but I don't see how Kanto was based on genetics. Just because the big legendary was based on a cloning experiment doesn't really mean the whole region's theme was focused on it. Granted, there were scientific and experimentation overtones, but on the whole I don't see how that makes Kanto a genetic themed region.

EDIT: Ninja'd

I'm kind of wanting them to be Psychic/Flying, and Dark/Ground, obviously the former would be for the on on the ground and the latter for the one flying(...>:3)

This way, they'd each have a type immunity on the other(X would have the advantage type wise still, but that's not unusual for the duos). However, I do have a hard time seeing X being a Dark type(Wanted Y to be Dark and X Psychic but that would make them a bit too uneven type wise considering neither of X's types would have any effect on Y).

I could seem them just being Psychic/Flying and Psychic, which wouldn't be that exciting to me but I'd still use them.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Is it just me or is there a really big size difference between X and Y? The bird looks huge while the deer looks tiny compared to it. Also, Y looks quite evil and X is the opposite. I hope Y would have sth to do with all the legendary birds from prev gens and X could be the master lf the muskedeer quartet.

I really like the X deer, im going to get Pokemon X.

The typing of the 2 seem very clear:

The Bird is obviously flying type (maybe dark too?)
    Some people think the deer is going to be ground type? Why? Its in the forest and its a deer... I really think it will be grass type.
    HG BADGE QUEST

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OTHER SHINIES (not counting gifts)

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Someone mind explaining this to me? I mean, yeah, Mewtwo was a genetic pokemon, but I don't see how Kanto was based on genetics. Just because the big legendary was based on a cloning experiment doesn't really mean the whole region's theme was focused on it. Granted, there were scientific and experimentation overtones, but on the whole I don't see how that makes Kanto a genetic themed region.
    I think what they kind of mean is that Kanto had more of an emphasis on sci-fi science than the other gens - fossil reviving, Mewtwo, and a complete lack of any other themes to go with it (Early Installment Weirdness). The other gens are more focused on fantasy, which got more and more pronounced as the series went on (as evidenced especially with the differences in themes between Gold & Silver and their remakes), with more elaborate fantasy mythology and more of an emphasis on the Teams using said mythical legendaries instead of messing with science.

So I think people are saying that this gen might be more of a throwback to Kanto in that there will be more of an emphasis on the scientific and sci-fi pursuits and elements of the Pokemon world instead of the fantasy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 13_luckynumber View Post
    Is it just me or is there a really big size difference between X and Y? The bird looks huge while the deer looks tiny compared to it. Also, Y looks quite evil and X is the opposite. I hope Y would have sth to do with all the legendary birds from prev gens and X could be the master lf the muskedeer quartet.
    Y didn't look very big to me. I'd wager that it's probably just a little bit bigger than a condor.

Also, I doubt that they will be related to any previous Trios (especially one as old as the Winged Mirages). It kinda... wouldn't make any sense at all, especially when they have the potential to craft an entirely new mythology for these two.

Oh, and while I'm at it:

inb4 "THEAS PokAMAN LOOK LYKE DIGGYMON!"
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Page 4 of 472 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast