Page 5 of 472 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

The deer reminds me off the legendary trios from BW..

The bird seem cooler though.
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Does anyone think that the legends will have their names beginning with X and Y respectively?

I'm guessing that their names will start with an X and a Y.

Also, I posted this in another thread, but the number of legendaries in this game needs to be reduced dramatically from BW/BW2. The number of legendaries starts to climb with Gen 3.

Gen 1: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew
    Gen 2: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi
    Gen 3: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys
    Gen 4: Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
    Gen 5: Victini, Cobalian, Virizion, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta

So Gen 4 and 5 have WAY too many legendaries. I think Gen 3 was fine but I like Gen 2's number is the best.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    So Gen 4 and 5 have WAY too many legendaries. I think Gen 3 was fine but I like Gen 2's number is the best.
    I think that the amount of Legedaries in Gens 4 and 5 is just fine. More myths for me is big hooray.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

i love the X more because it remind me with THIS:

BTW i've made an doodle for them check this out http://c4tman.deviantart.com/art/rit...ies-347412559?

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I think that the amount of Legedaries in Gens 4 and 5 is just fine. More myths for me is big hooray.
    As long as they don't come up with anything like Heatran again. Most boring legendary ever.

And by the way, is Phione even really considered a legendary Pokémon?

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

The deer one all the way. Freaking sword legs. So I take these legends will have to play with the DNA theme that they seem to be going for judging by the names and logos. But how? Nothing really stands out in their designs.

But will the third legend be based of the letter Z?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

This is the first time ever in the history of Pokemon where I like both of the main Legendaries.

Y is awesome as I don't know what. I love the vicious and powerful look to it.
    X is beautiful. I love the sense of serene power it gives off.

I'm interested in the theory that they are based off of Norse Mythology. Makes sense as it appears that the region may be based off of Europe. I really love Norse mythology!

I doubt these legendaries ( and the game names for that matter) are derived from dna chromosones and such.

More so the X and Y (and "z") co-ordinates in 3D space, ( presuming 3rd games is called "Z") (a reference to first 3ds game).

I wouldnt be supprised if they could fuse with each other, al-a black/white kyrum.
    FC Black 2 : 4084 3742 5998

Main wants:
    SUM2013 Dialga & Palkia

can offer any:
        Spoiler:- My shiny/event/legendaries offers:

pm for more info
    UK based

I think people are getting to hung up on the X and Y chromosome. X and Y also make up the first two dimensions with the third being the x and the fourth being time. Since this is the first 3D game it seems to me like they are tying the 3D theme into the game with the X and Y. Maybe we will get a snake like third type to represent the z dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by spy888 View Post
    I doubt these legendaries ( and the game names for that matter) are derived from dna chromosones and such.

More so the X and Y (and "z") co-ordinates in 3D space, ( presuming 3rd games is called "Z") (a reference to first 3ds game).

I wouldnt be supprised if they could fuse with each other, al-a black/white kyrum.
    Great minds think alike haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I always thought the more legendaries there are, the more they take away from the others.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Can't wait to see the drawn art for the legendaries, considering how cool they look ingame, they gotta look even better in the standard artwork.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Personally i really like the new Legendaries but i will be picking up X

Quote Originally Posted by mamoswine333 View Post
    I think people are getting to hung up on the X and Y chromosome. X and Y also make up the first two dimensions with the third being the x and the fourth being time. Since this is the first 3D game it seems to me like they are tying the 3D theme into the game with the X and Y. Maybe we will get a snake like third type to represent the z dimension.
    The logos for the games indicate chromossomes, as many have already pointed out and posted. But it can be both things.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

A part of the Japanese logos look like a part of DNA. The 3D thing is probably Gamefreak acting smart. Or this is a huge coincidence.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

i personally think the stag looks cooler

I always thought the more legendaries there are, the more they take away from the others.
    I don't see how that matters; we have tons of stories about mythical creatures in the real world, but nobody says that wyverns make dragons less special or that gryphons take away from the uniqueness of phoenixes. For me, more Legendaries = more complex myths that flesh out the region's history and culture.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Both legendaries seem pretty cool, but I will likely be selecting the game offering the darth maul-looking lugia.

As for a genetics theme, I wonder if we'll get a guest appearance by deoxys.

Edit: And if X and Y refer to dimensions as opposed to chromosomes, then I wonder what the Z legendary will loook like.

X refers to width, Y refers to height - this being a 3D pokemon game, it is only natural there be a pokemon representing Z, or depth.
    Last edited by PokeTimmy; 8th January 2013 at 5:14 PM.

National Pokedex: Completed 718/719 (Missing: Diancie)
    Living Pokedex: Completed 718/719
    "OT Timmy" Living Pokedex: 709/719
    Missing "OT: Timmy" Pokemon: Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Diancie

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    And by the way, is Phione even really considered a legendary Pokémon?
    I don't consider it to be a Legendary, but it is (inexplicably) restricted from the Battle Subway and such.

Wouldn't that just end up helping the chromosome theory?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I really love how that legendary dark bird looks but the other one reminds me of the 3 musketeers from 5th gen and therefor I don't like it that much.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I love how the starters and the legendaries are based on Myths/Nature..kinda reminds of Ruby and Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTimmy View Post
    Both legendaries seem pretty cool, but I will likely be selecting the game offering the darth maul-looking lugia.

As for a genetics theme, I wonder if we'll get a guest appearance by deoxys.

Edit: And if X and Y refer to dimensions as opposed to chromosomes, then I wonder what the Z legendary will loook like.

X refers to width, Y refers to height - this being a 3D pokemon game, it is only natural there be a pokemon representing Z, or depth.
    I will now forever dub him this.

About Deoxys, he sprung to mind as soon as I heard the title names announced... It'd be cool if it were in the game or at least mentioned in some way anyway.

Also for anybody denying the DNA theme, OF COURSE IT'S DNA THEMED! Look at the Japanese titles and see if you notice anything.

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    I think what they kind of mean is that Kanto had more of an emphasis on sci-fi science than the other gens - fossil reviving, Mewtwo, and a complete lack of any other themes to go with it (Early Installment Weirdness). The other gens are more focused on fantasy, which got more and more pronounced as the series went on (as evidenced especially with the differences in themes between Gold & Silver and their remakes), with more elaborate fantasy mythology and more of an emphasis on the Teams using said mythical legendaries instead of messing with science.

So I think people are saying that this gen might be more of a throwback to Kanto in that there will be more of an emphasis on the scientific and sci-fi pursuits and elements of the Pokemon world instead of the fantasy ones.
    B2W2 was actually all science to me.. Main antagonist is a researcher, uses a scifi looking FLYING ship, uses technology in order to manipulate Kyurem's Ice. I mean Colress didn't really use the mythology of Kyurem at all, he just used Kyurem as a tool. Where BW1 was all mythology on the other hand with the recognizing of the heroes etc...

B2W2 was: How do we stop this deranged scientist from misusing Kyurem to amplify his machine to destroy the land.. Giovanni was sort of going to do the same with Mewtwo even... Use his power (not mythology) to overthrow the country (and get rich)...

I'm guessing that their names will start with an X and a Y.

Also, I posted this in another thread, but the number of legendaries in this game needs to be reduced dramatically from BW/BW2. The number of legendaries starts to climb with Gen 3.

Gen 1: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Mew
    Gen 2: Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia, Celebi
    Gen 3: Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys
    Gen 4: Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus
    Gen 5: Victini, Cobalian, Virizion, Terrakion, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta

Why do they have to start with X and Y?

Gold and Silver:
    - Gho-oh and Slugia?
    Ruby and Sapphire:
    - Rgroudon and Skyogre?
    Diamond and Pearl:
    - Dialga and Palkia: You have a point in Gen4
    Black and White:
    - Bzekrom and Wreshiram? Yes, I know Japanese names, but still! They're called Black and White in Japan as well, not Kuro and Shiro..

Nothing dictates as of yet that their names will begin with X and Y.

Gen5 had 156 pokemon added.. While Gen2 had 100 pokemon added.. You have to take that in account.. BW kept it quite compact: 3 groups of legendary pokemon, and three seperate. I think that Gen5 legendary roster was quite good, and did enough with them to make them all interesting, even the Kami-trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Belmont View Post
    Personally i really like the new Legendaries but i will be picking up X
    I'll be picking up Y, I'm not a sucker for the buck..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I'm liking both of them, the designs brings forth the same idea that Zekrom/Reshiram had that have (seemingly) conflicting natures to them.

Also, I do agree with the Norse mythology idea, especially since as pointed out Pokemon "X" stands in front of a large tree. Either way though, I'm looking forward to what they bring to the table.

Page 5 of 472 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast