Page 38 of 472 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    In regards to the ALL NEW Legendary Pokemon, I must say; they are definitely the best ones to date. They are both beautiful and frightening.

I am assuming that Yveltal is going to be Dark/Flying, and that Xerneas has some sort of Steel typing. I am just hoping that they are not Dragon types, because I am a little sick of Dragon type legendary Pokemon. I want more Dragon types that are obtainable earlier on in the game.
    Considering that Yveltal could be representative of a Wyvern (which usually means it has anatomy of a Dragon head, reptilian body, two legs etc.), the outlook is not looking bright for Yveltal not getting dragon typing.

And I hope it's not Dark type just because of the way it looks...Remember the last time we tried guessing legendary typings based on the way it looks, yeeaahh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachi9 View Post
    I wish that the stag like creature looked more like an "X", like the bird does with "Y".
    Xerneas (stag creature) has an X for a pupil
    JUST BECAUSE PICHU IS EPIC just because

Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/chespingaming

Xerneas sound so high tech while Yveltal sounds so peaceful.....

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFlame View Post
    Those names are a mouthful. But they have a Nordic feel to them, which makes sense since the XY legends are likely based on Nordic mythology (the eagle, the deer, and the serpent of Yggdrasil).
    i see how pokemon Z legendary will be like then another snake like one

Wow. These are actually pretty cool names. They're so fun to say.

Imagine, we now have Pokemon named "Zer-nay-as" and "Ee-Vel-Ta."

In comparison, all I can come up with is "Psycho" and "Steelkat."

This is so far the first thing I like about Pokemon X & Y.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I think the names confirm that they are loosely Scandinavian.
    Regional Favorites
    .:Kanto:.
    .:Johto:.
    .:Hoenn:.
    .:Sinnoh:.
    .:Unova:.

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Well, if there's one thing that I can say with at least 70% sure is that Yveltal is going to be at least part flying type. But aside from that, it's hard for me to put a finger on it... But, if I had to risk it, I'd say Xerneas looks kinda "steely". But I'm not too sure on that one.
    Yveltal does look Flying, but I think they could pull a Dragon on us, too. I know there's been a lot of Dragon legendaries lately, but I personally wouldn't mind, as long as Xerneas doesn't end up Dragon as well (which I think is unlikely). And you're right, Xerneas looks like it could potentially be Steel, but really, there are so many types that could fit it.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by illucio View Post
    I hate having to pronounce Yveltal.. (Ee-Vell-Tall) I keep saying eviltall... It would had sounded better (Yeh-Veh-Tal)
    I like Xerneas though. (ZURR-nee-us) it sounds very nice, and it's much easier to pronounce.
    I keep saying it eviltall as well and it works well with me because in arabic we don't say "Eiffel" we say "Effel" so i feel it has
    A connection to France even though it probably doesn't. but the thought of it is cool so...

Maybe they're thinking about a trading evolution for the legendaries... much like Accelgor and Escavalier in V Gen... It would fit the trading core, and the genetics theory as well (putting the genetics for man DNA in the game, XY).

But i'm betting in the Z pokemon as well, like a pokemon special gen for DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Yveltal does look Flying, but I think they could pull a Dragon on us, too. I know there's been a lot of Dragon legendaries lately, but I personally wouldn't mind, as long as Xerneas doesn't end up Dragon as well (which I think is unlikely). And you're right, Xerneas looks like it could potentially be Steel, but really, there are so many types that could fit it.
    I'm a little iffy on the dragon typing. I mean, we had so many, and he remembers me more of a Vulture/Eagle than he reminds me of an actual Dragon. Even tough I wouldn't really mind too much the dragon type, I would really prefer if they went with the flying route for him. It would make more sense with the design, and the possible Norse mythology roots that he has.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I'm definitely getting X because its legendary's name is easier to pronounce.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'm definitely getting X because its legendary's name is easier to pronounce.
    definitely Y because the legendary looks much more awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Try "Ee" as in "free," "vel" as in "velvet," and "tal" as in "tall."
    I understand how to pronounce it, it's just that there are certain sounds in words that I have a lot a trouble making due to a speech problem. I literally can't say it correctly without struggling to get the sounds out.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Loving these legendaries so far, especially Xerneas. It'll be good to not have dragon mascot legendaries this time, otherwise it'd just get old like Fire/Fighting starters. That is assuming they're not part dragon (they don't look it, but then again, it could happen).

I quite like the idea of Fire/Flying, Grass/Steel, and Water/Rock, giving all of them one x4 weakness to another of the trio. o:

Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I'm a little iffy on the dragon typing. I mean, we had so many, and he remembers me more of a Vulture/Eagle than he reminds me of an actual Dragon. Even tough I wouldn't really mind too much the dragon type, I would really prefer if they went with the flying route for him. It would make more sense with the design, and the possible Norse mythology roots that he has.
    Yeah, I'd like the Flying typing myself, especially considering we haven't had a Flying mascot legendary since Rayquaza. I'm just saying that anything is possible. :P

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

That and if there is a "Z" pokemon (Zynex would be a funny name for it) then it would create the axis relation (X,Y and Z axis) which creates a 3D effect. STEALTH PUN!

Thank you based Turpoo

They might be Norse, but I don't find the names to be very norse sounding. Especially since we in Norway don't use the letter X except for the case from words we've borrowed from other countries. But it may sound different to english-speaking people, thus having that weird pronunciation. Still, I like the idea of them being based on Norse mythology. I hope that brings us elf and dwarf legendaries as well! And perhaps a dark type legend based on the Fenrir wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Yeah, I'd like the Flying typing myself, especially considering we haven't had a Flying mascot legendary since Rayquaza. I'm just saying that anything is possible. :P
    Yeah. We have to be prepared for anything. GameFreak has made surprising us a habit, after all. And yeah, I mean the flying type legendaries. Yveltal would be a high and mighty return for them, too!

The only thing I ask about typing is that neither Xerneas nor Yveltal is Dragon-type. Dragon mascots got tired a long time ago.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I do like the names. Yveltal sounds very Skyrim/LotR to me lol.

Also I saw this on Tumblr, now I don't know poo about biology so I don't know if it makes sense or not:

Quote Originally Posted by pokedons View Post
    definitely Y because the legendary looks much more awesome
    I like the X legendary better anyway. I was already planning on getting X.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

For all we know, these "Legendaries" may not be Legendary at all, they may just simply be the version mascots.
    Chespin! I Choose You!

I can't help but laugh at the idea of a pokemon based on the urinary system. I'm dine with living balloons, trash bags and magnets, but I draw the line there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I can't help but laugh at the idea of a pokemon based on the urinary system. I'm dine with living balloons, trash bags and magnets, but I draw the line there.
    oh lol i didn't realise that was the urinary system. I told ya I didn't know boo about biology lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny2013 View Post
    For all we know, these "Legendaries" may not be Legendary at all, they may just simply be the version mascots.
    Gen 1 was the only gen to not make the "mascot Pokémon" a legendary. Since then, it's been a tradition making cover pokémon legendaries. Taking in account these Pokémon appearences and the way they were portrayed in the trailer, it's hard to doubt that they are going to be legendaries.

Page 38 of 472 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast