Page 84 of 472 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #2076
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Yeah I like Yveltal a lot more then Xerneas. Granted it had an elegant design but I'm more of a bird fan then deer.

  2. #2077
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    105

    Default

    I like the fighting/flying combo, and as for the electric/psychic that seems really interesting! My question is what other types could possibly be associated with these two mythological beings, flying is obvious, there's maybe ground, or grass to do with the trees and their trunk, it looks steel, I think it'll be steel, though the different colours throw me off a little I don't think Yveltal is going to be a dark type, because generally dark types are evil, but then again, I don;t really know the myth behind the eagle that much

  3. #2078
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    And as for the poll of Favorite XY legendary, the GPD has one already made.

  4. #2079
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    I, for one, really like both, but I'm a bit more of a Yveltal guy. I mean, the bird looks awesome! Not conting that, overall, birds are also awesome!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  5. #2080
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    I like both since they actually look pretty original. Even though Xerneas reminds me of Virizion, its design is very nonconventional because of the sword like legs and its collar cannot be matched.
    Yveltal's Y shaped body is completely fresh, and its horns make it look different than many bird Pokémon.

  6. #2081
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    I came across an article about what Xerneas & Yvelta theme could be based on and I found really interesting and thought that I should share it.

    Pokemon X and Y: The Legendary Pokemon could be based on Norse Mythology


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  7. #2082
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I came across an article about what Xerneas & Yvelta theme could be based on and I found really interesting and thought that I should share it.

    Pokemon X and Y: The Legendary Pokemon could be based on Norse Mythology
    This is what we've been discussing almost from the onset.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #2083
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Outskirt Stand
    Posts
    1,301

    Default

    That article is certainly interesting and I will definitely be looking more into it.


    3DS XL Friend Code: 2036-7872-1965
    .: DA | Tumblr | MAL :.



  9. #2084
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    If the Z legendary indeed is based on endoderm tissue I think it will focus on the lungs.
    If lungs are the main focus we have three options:
    1. Z is able to blow powerful gusts of air (Normal)and maybe propel itself into the air (Flying)
    2. Z is a whale and can dive for a long time with those large lungs, some have even suggested underwater as the third dimension.
    3. The lungs are purely aesthetic and has no influence on Z's typing or powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I came across an article about what Xerneas & Yvelta theme could be based on and I found really interesting and thought that I should share it.

    Pokemon X and Y: The Legendary Pokemon could be based on Norse Mythology
    Welcome to the party.


  10. #2085
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I came across an article about what Xerneas & Yvelta theme could be based on and I found really interesting and thought that I should share it.

    Pokemon X and Y: The Legendary Pokemon could be based on Norse Mythology
    Don't worry, the user Dracoste already got this. It's an interesting article and there are many connections.

    Also, let's not talk about Pokémon Z until after the current 6th gen Dex gets updated and we know all of the Legendaries.

  11. #2086
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,970

    Default

    I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this before, but it popped into my head when I was looking at the official art.

    Xerneas' four colours on its antlers may be a reference to the four base pairings in DNA structures. Adenine, Guanine, Thymine and Cytosine. I don't know what this could possibly mean if it's true, but maybe Xerneas can manipulate DNA?

    Edit: Well, that article completely destroys this theory. It seems like the Norse influence makes the most sense.
    Last edited by Shneak; 13th January 2013 at 3:38 AM.

        Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  12. #2087
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    105

    Default

    well assuming Nidhoggr is a dragon and usually Game Freak goes for the obvious, and then hits you with a secondary tying that'll make you go 0.o ,

  13. #2088
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Personally I really like Yveltall's design. Xerneas is very majestic, just.... idk I just have to say I like Yveltal.
    I really hope that Yveltal will be available in Pokemon Y, just because I usually base which version of the game I want depending on the cover art, and so far I must say I like Pokemon Y's title better then Pokemon X. Just IMO

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  14. #2089
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Beneath The Truth
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Considering Yveltal's name starts with a Y and that it looks almost exactly like the Pokémon Y logo, I'm pretty sure...I mean, what else would it be?

    Dratini is my bishie.
    Faria: God said, "Vengeance is mine".
    Dantes: I don't believe in God.
    Faria: It doesn't matter. He believes in you.
    deviantart/sprites/twitter/tumblr

  15. #2090
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [aka] View Post
    Considering Yveltal's name starts with a Y and that it looks almost exactly like the Pokémon Y logo, I'm pretty sure...I mean, what else would it be?
    An indented T?
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  16. #2091
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this before, but it popped into my head when I was looking at the official art.

    Xerneas' four colours on its antlers may be a reference to the four base pairings in DNA structures. Adenine, Guanine, Thymine and Cytosine. I don't know what this could possibly mean if it's true, but maybe Xerneas can manipulate DNA?

    Edit: Well, that article completely destroys this theory. It seems like the Norse influence makes the most sense.
    Well, actually on the CoroCoro scans you can see a little twist of DNA on Xerneas's page, and on Yveltal's page. So both of them could be different attributes of DNA even though they are also based on Norse mythos.

  17. #2092
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avsimone View Post
    well assuming Nidhoggr is a dragon and usually Game Freak goes for the obvious, and then hits you with a secondary tying that'll make you go 0.o ,
    So then with that said what if they were to release it as a ground/grass???? Horrible typing I know, but since I does look connected to both the ground and nature in appearance..... that typing would make me go. 0\_/0

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  18. #2093
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    And as for the poll of Favorite XY legendary, the GPD has one already made.
    May I have a link?

    Edit: I'm almost positive Xerneas is Psychic/Electric. Its antlers have such a striking resemblance to Lightning bolts, it's not even funny. Even the jewel things in its antlers look like lightning bolts. Then part Psychic to match my theory that Yveltal is Dark/Flying, and the fact that it has the mystical look to it. Plus, if it's Psychic/Electric and Yveltal is Dark/Flying, they are both good against each other, and one doesn't have an edge over.
    Last edited by Shraeder; 13th January 2013 at 5:36 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  19. #2094
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Guys, I don't know if this was mentioned before but, there is another interesting theory I found about the legends.
    Well before this, we need a bit of biology. In vertebrates there is something called germ layer, which develops into all the tissues and organs of our body. There are 3-
    1) Ectoderm - Most important function of this is to develop into skin and all the neurons
    2) Mesoderm - Develops into RBCs and all the muscles in the body.
    3) Endoderm - Develops into the epithelial cells ( skin stuff ) and lung cells, pancreas, etc.

    If you can notice, Yeveltal looks very much like a muscles would look in our body, it's red and you can clearly see striation ( those lines ) that are characteristic of muscles in our body ( striated muscles are special types of fast twitch muscles in our body ). So, yerneas could represent muscles and hence the mesoderm.
    Xerneas is majestic and stuff, she appears central. Also, those antlers look a lot like the dendrons and dendrites radiating out from a neuron. So, Xerneas could represent the neural connection of our body, and hence the Ectoderm.
    So, the third legendary would represent the Endoderm.
    It's just a theory. Tis might fit well with the chromosome stuff, since all this is based on human biology.
    Last edited by carboncopy; 13th January 2013 at 5:49 AM.

  20. #2095
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    If the Deer has something to do with DNA, I'm banking on a Branch off it's antlers can purify one's DNA to become perfection/

  21. #2096
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not Kalos
    Posts
    3,108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Guys, I don't know if this was mentioned before but, there is another interesting theory I found about the legends.
    Well before this, we need a bit of biology. In vertebrates there is something called germ layer, which develops into all the tissues and organs of our body. There are 3-
    1) Ectoderm - Most important function of this is to develop into skin and all the neurons
    2) Mesoderm - Develops into RBCs and all the muscles in the body.
    3) Endoderm - Develops into the epithelial cells ( skin stuff ) and lung cells, pancreas, etc.

    If you can notice, Yeveltal looks very much like a muscles would look in our body, it's red and you can clearly see striation ( those lines ) that are characteristic of muscles in our body ( striated muscles are special types of fast twitch muscles in our body ). So, yerneas could represent muscles and hence the mesoderm.
    Xerneas is majestic and stuff, she appears central. Also, those antlers look a lot like the dendrons and dendrites radiating out from a neuron. So, Xerneas could represent the neural connection of our body, and hence the Ectoderm.
    So, the third legendary would represent the Endoderm.
    It's just a theory. Tis might fit well with the chromosome stuff, since all this is based on human biology.
    Welcom to the party!

    Edit: YES! RANKED UP!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

  22. #2097
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    987

    Default

    With all this talk of DNA I'm wondering how this would tie in with the plot.
    Please no splicing! Let that be special to gen V

    All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

    3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

  23. #2098
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Etro's Throne
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBtheASH View Post
    With all this talk of DNA I'm wondering how this would tie in with the plot.
    Please no splicing! Let that be special to gen V
    plasma v2 shouldve became team splice but i guess they wanted to save that for this gen. or it could also be team sigma.

  24. #2099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I'm almost positive Xerneas is Psychic/Electric.
    If that's true, Xerneas could be a great special sweeper with a diverse movepool and not too many resistances.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

    Current Hunt: Cresselia

  25. #2100
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Well I got another theory that encompasses all the theories said so far. Just a cool thought.
    These games could represent evolution as a whole, and how things change over time and how they become better and better.

    One one hand, X and Y represents human evolution, a great achievement of natural selection, by representing chromosomes and the germ cell stuff mentioned earlier. How these parts of the human body have developed is a marvelous step in the history of evolution.
    Similarly, these games are a marvelous step in the history of Pokémon evolution. They represent the transition that these games are making from the 2D X-Y plane to the Z plane.

    So, these stuff could be all represented by the legendaries we have, and at the same time these legends are from Norse mythology, to show a bit of Europe as well !

    Is it just me or is Pokémon getting waaaay more symbolic that it used to be in Gen 1/2/3 ?

Page 84 of 472 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •