Page 145 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    Obviously Yveital is Flying, but I'm still not sure about it's second type. Since it resembles a heart/veins, I'm guessing Dark as that's what it's design and blood bring to mind- I hope we get some new Dark moves that are based around blood.

Or if there is a Sound type, I could see Heartbeat becoming a signature move- but then I'd want it to be Dark/Sound with the ability to levitate. I hate that Flying is a type instead of Air- then wings wouldn't make flying type a foregone conclusion.
    As far as typing goes... i just want the legendaries to be unique... thats all... just because i dont really care for the legendaries really...i just dont...
    so my only wish is that they at just make sure that the typings for Yveltal and Xerneas stay unique.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i think a steel/poison legendary would be cool
    possibly have levitate and be a dragon?
    it would only have one weakness this way
    Agreed but how could it be a dragon if it's poison and steel?
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by xerneas96 View Post
    Agreed but how could it be a dragon if it's poison and steel?
    It would simply not be a dragon. We've had dragons for 3 gens, how about a change?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostStorm View Post
    It would simply not be a dragon. We've had dragons for 3 gens, how about a change?
    I think some sort of metal owl with poison tipped talons would be pretty cool. But idk maybe that's just me
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Alright, so I've revised my guesses for the types of Xerneas and Yveltal; it occurred to me that if the neuron/muscles theory is correct, then Yveltal could turn out to be Fighting/Flying (since he would represent a muscle). To me, this idea does have some nice symmetry to it; Xerneas would represent neurons and the mind (Psychic), while Yveltal would represent muscles and the heart (Fighting). Additionally, since I predict that Xerneas will be a Psychic/Steel-type, this would also give each of them super-effectiveness over the other, as Xerneas' Steel-type would make it susceptible to Yveltal's Fighting-type, which in turn would be at a disadvantage against Xerneas' Psychic-type. The Steel-type for Xerneas and the Flying-type for Yveltal are simply my guesses based on their respective appearances.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

i think a steel/poison legendary would be cool
    possibly have levitate and be a dragon?
    it would only have one weakness this way
    It can have Levitate ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Alright, so I've revised my guesses for the types of Xerneas and Yveltal; it occurred to me that if the neuron/muscles theory is correct, then Yveltal could turn out to be Fighting/Flying (since he would represent a muscle). To me, this idea does have some nice symmetry to it; Xerneas would represent neurons and the mind (Psychic), while Yveltal would represent muscles and the heart (Fighting). Additionally, since I predict that Xerneas will be a Psychic/Steel-type, this would also give each of them super-effectiveness over the other, as Xerneas' Steel-type would make it susceptible to Yveltal's Fighting-type, which in turn would be at a disadvantage against Xerneas' Psychic-type. The Steel-type for Xerneas and the Flying-type for Yveltal are simply my guesses based on their respective appearances.
    I like the idea. But I prefer Dark/Flying for Yvertal.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

That actually makes a lot of sense. To me blood says dark, but the heart is a muscle. Flying/Fighting would also be a combination unique to Yveital. I like the idea of Xerneus being Psychic/Electric as Neurons in the brain use electricity, but then that would make it twice as effective against Yveital.

As for the Z-legendary, I think Dark, Ghost, Dragon, Poison, Steel and Ice! (It lives in a region called Nilheim in the Yggdrasill legend, which is an equivalent to Hell expect that it's a frozen underworld) are all possibilities for it's type.

My best guess is that it will represent either the Lungs or Intestines, with Intestines more likely as it adheres to a Z shape easily- This make me go for Poison type (stomach acid) and the Ice to fit it's environment. Actually environment makes me think Xerneus should be ground.

In Conclusion each type would represent the organ and the environment
    Yveital- Fighting/Flying = Heart/Heaven
    Xerneus- Psychic/Ground = Neurons/Earth
    Z-Legend- Poison/Ice = Intestines/Frozen Underworld

2/3 would be unique type combos and I'm sure Baltoy/Claydol wouldn't mind sharing.
    Last edited by applemania; 15th February 2013 at 9:22 AM.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

that typing would not give Yveltal any advantage because psychic resists fighting
    and this is a cool idea and i like Yveltal representing the muscles but i still prefer the dark/flying typing

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

My guesses:

Yveltal: Flying/ Dark
    Xerneas: Psychic/ Ice

And, why is everyone expecting a Z LEGENDARY?
    Pokemon X and Y rules!!!

In Conclusion each type would represent the organ and the environment
    Yveital- Fighting/Flying = Heart/Heaven
    Xerneus- Psychic/Ground = Neurons/Earth
    Z-Legend- Poison/Ice = Intestines/Frozen Underworld

2/3 would be unique type combos and I'm sure Baltoy/Claydol wouldn't mind sharing.
    I personally love these type ideas more than any other I've seen for them. Personally I just want Yveltal to not be part dragon because the last time we had non-dragon cover legends was 10 years ago. It's been a long time and I think we need to go back to not as many dragon legends and to give other types a chance for them.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

I really hope that both legends get a really unique typing, because to be honest both Xerneas and Yveltal are unique (but cool) pokemon. The muscle theory sounds good, so Yveltal, i hope is dark/fighting, which would be awesome, and just give it access to the move fly, as it has wings. Xerneas is a little harder, I would say at least one part physic/steel but not both, its still jury out for me on xerneas =D.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

For some reason I'm pondering Dark/Psychic with Levitate for Yveltal. Not sure why, exactly, but it's an interesting thought.

Obviously Yveital is Flying, but I'm still not sure about it's second type. Since it resembles a heart/veins, I'm guessing Dark as that's what it's design and blood bring to mind- I hope we get some new Dark moves that are based around blood.
    Just because something can fly does not make it Flying-Type and vice-versa.Venemoth, Flygon, Garchomp(well the Pokedex lists that it can Fly), Volcarona, Hydreigon all aren't Flying Types but can Fly.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

I like your idea, as usual, but any ideas for the third legendary, assuming there is one?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonbw01 View Post
    And, why is everyone expecting a Z LEGENDARY?
    1) We already have X and Y, so a Z factor would be logical, and 2) Game Freak has established a strong precedent for the two initial cover mascots being followed up by a third Legendary Pokémon that completes the mythology (Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem).

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I like your idea, as usual, but any ideas for the third legendary, assuming there is one?
    Well, since I don't have an appearance to go off of, I can only guess, but I would like to think that it will tie into the neuron/muscle theory and represent the endoderm (which contains the gastrointestinal system), as well as Nidhoggr from Norse mythology, who is said to gnaw at the roots of Yggdrasil. Going by the description of Nidhoggr, I would expect it to be a Dragon-type, and because of the consumption and digestion theme that both Nidhoggr and the endoderm being to mind, I would also expect it to be a Poison-type. So mark me down for the generic "Dragon/Poison" response. However, getting only one Dragon-type mascot seems appropriate, as it would make X and Y seem more like "spiritual substitutes" for the anticipated RSE remakes. We may not be getting those, but we are transitioning onto a new console and receiving a major graphical overhaul, so I wouldn't be surprised of other aspects of Gen VI took cues from Gen III as well. (Also 3 x 2 = 6 lolmaths.)

Also, with Z-Nidhoggr being a Poison-type, it too would tie into the typing system of the other two (to some degree, since it would be weak to Xerneas and resistant to Yveltal), although Xerneas would pretty much have complete dominance over it, given its hypothetical Steel-typing.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I would prefere if these legends were pure types, what I want is unlikely but ya know

Yveltal - Poison
    Xerneus - Steel
    Z - ice

Or if They are to be duel I would prefer

Yveltal - fire/poison
    Xerneus - steel/electric
    Z - ice - ghost

I just want unique typing for these and definitely no dragons even though I expect the Z legend to be a dragon *shruggs*

Quote Originally Posted by xerneas96 View Post
    I think some sort of metal owl with poison tipped talons would be pretty cool. But idk maybe that's just me
    Now I would like to see that!

But I still blieve Yveltal will be Dark/Flying and Xerneas will be Psychic/Steel myself

Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:

I'm crossing my fingers for a dark/poison or dark/ghost legendary that would be pretty cool. and with that bird thing it's possible. though the red makes me doubt it.
    My Zangoose is loose!!! Oh no, someone's Zangoose is going to be cooked.

I think if there is a new trio, I think they will be some kind of psi trio to be the opposite of the musketeer trio.
    I claim Salamence and Castform(Rain)!!!;

Fear their power!!!

well the main reason why some people believe this (me included) is because is a biology theory, Xerneas represents neurons which use electric signals to communicate with the brain
    and well brain reminds me of psychic
    I also think grass type will play in somewhere (the forest)

Quote Originally Posted by AyameTori View Post
    I also think grass type will play in somewhere (the forest)
    i am not too keen on a grass type for a legendary
    they are another type that got the short end of the stick defensively
    i don't see him being a grass type

Ask me stupid stuff

Can't wait to see the cute legendary.
    Going of the mythology, I'd guess a messenger squirrel
    Maybe somthing like a mix of pachurisu and victini?

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Thats exactly how i pictured it when the theory first came around. I dont want to look too much like other pokemon though, as that puts limits onto gamefreaks creativity. What is the theory regarding the third legendary, if there is one, in the xyz trio? Because i really would really love a great poison legendary this gen.
    Also on the topic of grass legendaries, we don't need any more unless some sort of bird. This gen doesn't really need any more legendaries than:
    Xerneas and Yveltal
    Z legendary
    Squirrel (100 each stat legendary event exclusive)
    A trio/duo to give you something to do.
    The reason i feel this way is because, apart from victini, keldeo, reshiram, zekrom and kyurem (possibly virizon) all the legendaries were quite poorly designed.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Also on the topic of grass legendaries, we don't need any more unless some sort of bird. This gen doesn't really need any more legendaries than:
    Xerneas and Yveltal
    Z legendary
    Squirrel (100 each stat legendary event exclusive)
    A trio/duo to give you something to do.
    The reason i feel this way is because, apart from victini, keldeo, reshiram, zekrom and kyurem (possibly virizon) all the legendaries were quite poorly designed.
    How exactly does one's opinion on whether or not a few of the Gen V Legendaries looked good pertain to how many Legendaries we should get in Gen VI? The new ones will look completely different anyway, and their design quality doesn't correlate to how many there are.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Can't wait to see the cute legendary.
    Going of the mythology, I'd guess a messenger squirrel
    Maybe somthing like a mix of pachurisu and victini?
    i am very excited to see what the pixie will be this gen something i am wondering more about is its type
    last gen we had a cool surprise of fire/psychic i wonder what it will be this gen??

Ask me stupid stuff

Page 145 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245 ... LastLast