Page 342 of 472 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast
Results 8,526 to 8,550 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Yeah, but Air Lock is unique to Rayquaza only, whereas Cloud Nine is given to many more mons. Air Lock isn't even a Hidden Ability to normal dex Pokemon. Air Lock was given to Rayquaza as a way to show how it could calm the fight between Groudon and Kyogre by negating their weather effects.

Xerneas and Yveltal should get new Abilties and not Pressure. I mean, looking at current abilities, there's still alot of mechanics that can be negated or supported by new Legendary abilities.
    But it makes air lock not a unique based on weather ability.. seeing as cloud nine does the same thing? Basically its effect isn't unique, just the name.

And I agree that Xerneas and Yveltal should get totally unique abilities..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    But it makes air lock not a unique based on weather ability.. seeing as cloud nine does the same thing? Basically its effect isn't unique, just the name.

And I agree that Xerneas and Yveltal should get totally unique abilities..
    They are the same, but Air Lock is supposed to be special and for a Legendary. Teravolt and Turboblaze are the same as Mold Breaker believe it or not, and those abilities are exclusive to Zekrom and Reshiram respectively.

Xerneas and Yveltal should get abilities that protect them from getting hit by a moves indirect damage, be protected from moves that don't do damage, AND be protected from stat-reduction moves. So that'd be a combo of Shield Dust, Magic Guard, and Clear Body.

Come join the my Pokémon Clubs!

Xerneas and Yveltal should get abilities that protect them from getting hit by a moves indirect damage, be protected from moves that don't do damage, AND be protected from stat-reduction moves. So that'd be a combo of Shield Dust, Magic Guard, and Clear Body.
    Won't that be overkill? That would make them be overpowered IMO
    I will always be a fan of The Collective, I'm a Collector! <3

If anyone needs version exclusive Pokemon for either X or Y, contact me and I'll catch one for you. Any pokemon. Even the item exclusive like Mewtwonite Y or X
    I wanna help ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pokefan1905 View Post
    Won't that be overkill? That would make them be overpowered IMO
    Yeah, that's way too overpowered. Even if they are Legendary Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So what kind of mechanic can Xerneas and Yveltal have an ability to alter that isn't OP and not already used?

If one has high Attack and Sp. Attack stats, and the other has high Defence and Sp. Defence stats, then they could have abilities that double any stat changes to those stats respectively.
    Claimed

The above images were made by me. Any comments/requests are welcome (VM/PM)

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Hero View Post
    It'd be cool if they added a Minotaur based legendary that could only be found in a maze-cave or something...!
    I think we are going to see more Norse Based Legendaries rather than Greek Based Legendaries..maybe in Gen 7..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I think we are going to see more Norse Based Legendaries rather than Greek Based Legendaries..maybe in Gen 7..
    As I said before in the region thread, Greek mythos may be applied to a generation later than Gen 7 since GameFreak seems to be moving around more and it'd be sensible to have a Greek based gen after another American based gen or Australian Based gen.
    However, I'd still like to see a Minotaur Legendary whether or not this generation points much to Greek mythos.

As I said before in the region thread, Greek mythos may be applied to a generation later than Gen 7 since GameFreak seems to be moving around more and it'd be sensible to have a Greek based gen after another American based gen or Australian Based gen.
    However, I'd still like to see a Minotaur Legendary whether or not this generation points much to Greek mythos.
    They've already dabbled in America in Unova (Which is basically NYC with touches of a desert state and Mexico), and Australia... well, I want to see that, but Greek Mythology is all the rage. I'm betting Gen 7 is Greece. It give so much opportunities for legends, Pokemon, e.t.c.

Actually, if Gen 7 is Greece, I'd like a Eros/Cupid Pokemon right now, just as a little throw to (like the Swords of Justice!)

Fairy/Flying?

And I'd like a little squirrel. It'd be adorable! Maybe the pixie?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    They've already dabbled in America in Unova (Which is basically NYC with touches of a desert state and Mexico), and Australia... well, I want to see that, but Greek Mythology is all the rage. I'm betting Gen 7 is Greece. It give so much opportunities for legends, Pokemon, e.t.c.

Actually, if Gen 7 is Greece, I'd like a Eros/Cupid Pokemon right now, just as a little throw to (like the Swords of Justice!)

Fairy/Flying?

And I'd like a little squirrel. It'd be adorable! Maybe the pixie?
    I'm actually not looking forward to a Greek based region, honestly. There is just way too many ideas for Legendaries in a region like that than ideas for normal dex Pokemon. The only dex Pokemon may be beast forms of famous greek heroes and it'd be more Steel and Fighting types with alot of offensive competition. However, if a region based on Australian AND Greek concepts were to be the basis for Gen 7, then he Australian variety of animals would be very good and creative sources for Dex Pokemon and the Greek mythos would cater to the Legendary design!

I'm just not seeing Greek legendaries now, but GameFreak doesn't always have to stay on one culture for their source of inspiration. Kamis and Taoist concepts aren't really Manhattan or New Jersey culture if you ask me.

Just a thought I had and thought I should share, xerneas-psychic/steel, yveltal-dark/flying? Third could be something like a ghost/fighting type? As the two cover monsters are being strongly associated with Norse myth, a ghost/fighting type could be a near humanoid undead spirit warrior? Just an idea!

I'm actually not looking forward to a Greek based region, honestly. There is just way too many ideas for Legendaries in a region like that than ideas for normal dex Pokemon. The only dex Pokemon may be beast forms of famous greek heroes and it'd be more Steel and Fighting types with alot of offensive competition. However, if a region based on Australian AND Greek concepts were to be the basis for Gen 7, then he Australian variety of animals would be very good and creative sources for Dex Pokemon and the Greek mythos would cater to the Legendary design!

I'm just not seeing Greek legendaries now, but GameFreak doesn't always have to stay on one culture for their source of inspiration. Kamis and Taoist concepts aren't really Manhattan or New Jersey culture if you ask me.

Well, they're using Japanese Robins and Frilled Lizards in France, so the Greek dex could be from anywhere!

But if they limit it to like 25-30 Legends? Sounds like a lot? Remember, Greek Mythology has 15 Major Gods (12 Olympians, Hestia, Hades and Persephone) and tons of creatures (Cerberus, Gorgons, Arachne) so it'd be an appropriate number.

I hope there's a Fear Trio! (In Kalos!)

Ghost/Poison
    Dark/Poison
    Bug/Poison

Three fear related types, as well as the fact Poison can be seen as an evil type. (Being poisoned, e.t.c) Poison needs legends ;P

No, Arceus is the Space-Time trio's Master. I once thought Cresselia was their master but no she's Darkrai's opposite.
    Actually, Arceus is the master of both trios.

So, does anyone want another multi-trio master?

By the way, I'm not sure if you guys have seen it (basically because I posted in the Dex speculation thread, which I now realize was wrong thread), but I developed a way to guess what the final Pokémon in this gen's Dex will be like. Look at the previous gens and their themes.
    -Gen. I: Themed about nature and genetics. The final Pokémon: Mew, the ancestor of all Pokémon, and Mewtwo, Mew's clone. In this case, I think both count because Mew was added at the last minute.
    -Gen. II is about tradition. The final Pokémon is Celebi, a time traveler, thus... being able to go back to traditional times? Could also be because it's a sequel to Gen. I, and "time passes" between them.
    -Gen. III is about the Earth; Teams Magma and Aqua are trying to have their say on how the world should be like. The final Pokémon: Deoxys, an alien.
    -Gen. IV is themed on the universe, as the legendaries represent space, time, and anti-matter. The final Pokémon: Arceus, creator of Universe.
    -Gen. V is about the relationship between humans and Pokémon. The final Pokémon: Genesect, a revived fossil Pokémon who was modified by a human.

If everything I stated is correct, once we find out the theme of the gen, we can try to figure out how the final Pokémon will be, and since the 3DS has DLC, I believe this gen's secret legendaries will be DLC to prevent early leaks, meaning it will take a while until we find out if any theory is correct.

In the other post, I also joked that the final Pokémon would be "a dimension hopping Yggdrasil capable of altering Pokémon's genes", because of Norse mythology, genetics, and dimensional axis.

Now, another thing. Xerneas is the four stags, Yveltal is the eagle, and the logical inspiration for "Z" would be Níđhöggr. However, besides Xerneas, Yveltal, and "Ziohog", I saw some people mentioning the possibility of a fourth Pokémon based on Ratatoskr. So, "W"?

Now, the names of these games are based on sex chromosomes and dimensional axes. There are four sex chromosomes: X, Y, Z, and W, plus 0, which is used to represent absence of chromosome.
    Then in 3D rendering we have X, Y, and Z, plus W, which I heard is used to help rendering 3D. I was trying to find a way to fit "0", but then I remembered the origin. So, this generation has potential for five games, but we have the stags, the eagle, Níđhöggr, and Ratatoskr, what would be the fifth Pokémon?
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Well, they're using Japanese Robins and Frilled Lizards in France, so the Greek dex could be from anywhere!

But if they limit it to like 25-30 Legends? Sounds like a lot? Remember, Greek Mythology has 15 Major Gods (12 Olympians, Hestia, Hades and Persephone) and tons of creatures (Cerberus, Gorgons, Arachne) so it'd be an appropriate number.

Ghost/Poison
    Dark/Poison
    Bug/Poison

Three fear related types, as well as the fact Poison can be seen as an evil type. (Being poisoned, e.t.c) Poison needs legends ;P
    I can see each of them representing what people thought the Elemental Monkeys represented: the evils.
    Ghost/Poison: Speak No Evil, a Banshee that screeches and lowers Defense upon entering field.
    Dark/Poison: See No Evil: crimson golem with nine bloodshot eyes that lowers Sp.Attack upon entering the field.
    Bug/Poison: Hear No Evil: similar to Kricketune, it's a black grasshopper-humanoid that uses its legs to create a tune that sounds like roaring and screeching. Lowers Special Defense upon entering the field.
    Their master could be something like Feel No Evil (a combo of the three is overrated) and be Steel/Poison and be based on Death Sword from Zelda.

Also I'd like a Chibi Legend that is surprisingly a Poison type. Poison doesn't mean evil, it just involves Chemicals that are harmful to humans. But some living things may benefit from these chemicals, and I'd like a Poison Chibi that creates chemical cures to counter an antagonistic Legendaries detrimental ability or powers.
    It could be pink and light orange, and maybe be given a dual type with Friend Guard or some kind of support ability.
    Last edited by Blackjack the Titan; 26th May 2013 at 4:44 AM.

I can see each of them representing what people thought the Elemental Monkeys represented: the evils.
    Ghost/Poison: Speak No Evil, a Banshee that screeches and lowers Defense upon entering field.
    Dark/Poison: See No Evil: crimson golem with nine bloodshot eyes that lowers Sp.Attack upon entering the field.
    Bug/Poison: Hear No Evil: similar to Kricketune, it's a black grasshopper-humanoid that uses its legs to create a tune that sounds like roaring and screeching. Lowers Special Defense upon entering the field.
    Their master could be something like Feel No Evil (a combo of the three is overrated) and be Steel/Poison and be based on Death Sword from Zelda.

Also I'd like a Chibi Legend that is surprisingly a Poison type. Poison doesn't mean evil, it just involves Chemicals that are harmful to humans. But some living things may benefit from these chemicals, and I'd like a Poison Chibi that creates chemical cures to counter an antagonistic Legendaries detrimental ability or powers.
    It could be pink and light orange, and maybe be given a dual type with Friend Guard or some kind of support ability.
    I like it.. But it's unlikely.

Although I would like to see more abilities like "Intimidate" at the least there should be one for Special Attack..

And as much as I like the idea of a "Side-Trio" I don't think it should be too important throughout the game. I liked the way they did it in Heart-Gold/Soul-Silver, where they mentioned almost nothing of the three birds and let you explore. And as you explored you were rewarded with "Oh wow! I legendary Pokemon, I never knew this was here" instead of "Let's go to X so we can go catch Y" I like the surprise of finding a legendary for the first time and not led to it like in most games.
    Current Shiny Hunt:

Abra - 14 Boxes

Next Hunt:

Aron
    Ludicolo

Ghost/Poison
    Dark/Poison
    Bug/Poison

heyyyyy this was my idea >.>
    the bug one should be the assassin bug

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I hope that the gen 7 region is based on Africa. Think about it. Africa has many legends to use for legendary pokemon. There are also some really scary legends for darker themes in the game. Plus it land wise it would be pretty good too.Africa has many diverse habitats; savannah, dessert, rainforests, beach coasts. It could be a region that is focused more on nature. There are even modern cities in Africa that game freak can use for inspiration for in-game cities. There could be a desert area based on ancient Egypt and a rainforest area based on the Congo. There has never been a rainforest in the games (Hoenn did have some semi-tropical forests, but I wouldn't call them rainforests). They could even put in some costal areas and maybe even a reef we could use dive to get to. The savannah areas could have lots of grass areas to find different Pokémon. I think Africa would be the perfect place to base a region off of.
    Last edited by Fennekin1; 26th May 2013 at 3:04 PM.
    Favorite Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    If it's a Fear trio.
    I'd like to stress and Evils trio.
    As well as a good Poison Chibi!

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    I hope that the gen 7 region is based on Africa. Think about it. Africa has many legends to use for legendary pokemon. There are also some really scary legends for darker themes in the game. Plus it land wise it would be pretty good too.Africa has many diverse habitats; savannah, dessert, rainforests, beach coasts. It could be a region that is focused more on nature. There are even modern cities in Africa that game freak can use for inspiration for in-game cities. There could be a desert area based on ancient Egypt and a rainforest area based on the Congo. There has never been a rainforest in the games (Hoenn did have some semi-tropical forests, but I wouldn't call them rainforests). They could even put in some costal areas and maybe even a reef we could use dive to get to. The savannah areas could have lots of grass areas to find different Pokémon. I think Africa would be the perfect place to base a region off of.
    Try to keep this thought until Gen 7 is confirmed and the threads are. I'd hate to see people get infracted for irrelevant or unnecessary spamming

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    I've heard it used many times. I believe I was one of the first due to the giant cacoon in the Genesect Movie. However, it's just the Genesect's hive. But great minds think alike, right?

But seriously, I want a Bug legend that isn't Bug/Steel or Related to Genesect. If Fairy is the new type, a Bug/Fairy-Type with Rainbow Wings, which wrap around it to make a chrysalis forme. Has Magic Guard as an ability.

I've heard it used many times. I believe I was one of the first due to the giant cacoon in the Genesect Movie. However, it's just the Genesect's hive. But great minds think alike, right?

But seriously, I want a Bug legend that isn't Bug/Steel or Related to Genesect. If Fairy is the new type, a Bug/Fairy-Type with Rainbow Wings, which wrap around it to make a chrysalis forme. Has Magic Guard as an ability.
    Smh, that sounds so typical for a Bug Legendary, much less a typical bug Pokemon. Genesect surprised me alot, I thought it wasn't Bug at all, but rather Steel/Electric. Steel/Bug was an interesting type combo because it was the first Bug type legendary besides Arceus-Bug.
    I'd like to see a giant Dark/Bug centipede with a yellow eye and give it Speed Boost or an Attack version of Speed Boost so it's a necessity to kill it!

Yvetal is based on Wyvern. Wyvern is a dragon. Yvetal is Dragon type pokemon and prehaps a Fight/Fire type pokemon too or a new type.
    Xerneas is based on chital. But i think it might be a new type pokemon or a Steel and grass type.

Quote Originally Posted by shinykyurem View Post
    Yvetal is based on Wyvern. Wyvern is a dragon. Yvetal is Dragon type pokemon and prehaps a Fight/Fire type pokemon too or a new type.
    Xerneas is based on chital. But i think it might be a new type pokemon or a Steel and grass type.
    I'm pretty sure most of us would want to stay away from Dragon mascots this generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Well fuk u too

Yveltal looks very Wyvern-ish, but it seems it is most likely based on a eagle (if going by that norse theory, that I actually know very little of)... To me, though, it looks very little like a Dragon. Looks more like a very scary Volture.

I think it will be Dark/Flying, honestly. And Xerneas Fairy. :3 I love awesome Dragons, but they need to take a rest.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Yveltal does resemble a wyvern a lot, but the shape of its head and beak-like mouth means it could be a bird too. With the neck ruff and body shape, it does looks a lot like a vulture or condor, especially in flight: Andean Condor.jpg. I hope it'll be a Dark/Flying type too .

And if it does end up being a real type, Xerneas will probably be Fairy/Steel, or maybe just a single type. From its appearance it could be a number of different types though.

Hopefully they both have new, unique abilities, and not Pressure like a lot of legendaries end up with |D.
    ~Graoo!~

~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Yveltal does resemble a wyvern a lot, but the shape of its head and beak-like mouth means it could be a bird too. With the neck ruff and body shape, it does looks a lot like a vulture or condor, especially in flight: Andean Condor.jpg. I hope it'll be a Dark/Flying type too .

And if it does end up being a real type, Xerneas will probably be Fairy/Steel, or maybe just a single type. From its appearance it could be a number of different types though.

Hopefully they both have new, unique abilities, and not Pressure like a lot of legendaries end up with |D.
    While it is hard to tell, I would actually say that stuff around it's neck is feathers, supporting the theory that he is some sort of bird (most likely volture, yes). ^^

I think the rumor (that was right about many things already) say that Xerneas is pure Fairy, but we'll see soon enough I'm sure. It's legs reminds me or Dialga, so Steel is possible.

Pressure is so overused and boring, so I'm sure they will, like the more recent legendaries, have some cool new ones. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 342 of 472 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392442 ... LastLast