Page 402 of 472 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    Its a bit funny though considering how many kids are playing CoD, but god forbid a child to scream Death Wing when his imaginary magical cartoon bird attacks an imaginary magical Ice Cream... :P
    That is not comparable in the slightest! CoD is rated 18 years up where I live, while Pokémon is rated 3 years up. It is actually illegal for somebody to sell CoD to someone under the age of 18 in my country, so a kid shouldn't be playing it at all. Pokémon on the other hand is targeted at children, so even though I don't think a 5 year old would take to much harm in having moves like Death Wing and Blood Suck, I don't necessarily think it is a good idea that children learns about such things at an early age, and that is where the concerned parents come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    That is not comparable in the slightest! CoD is rated 18 years up where I live, while Pokémon is rated 3 years up. It is actually illegal for somebody to sell CoD to someone under the age of 18 in my country, so a kid shouldn't be playing it at all. Pokémon on the other hand is targeted at children, so even though I don't think a 5 year old would take to much harm in having moves like Death Wing and Blood Suck, I don't necessarily think it is a good idea that children learns about such things at an early age, and that is where the concerned parents come in.
    ....it was a joke. Ofcourse Pokemon isn't going to explicitly talk about death very often, but age ratings on a game mean squat. Look at how many kids play Gta and CoD. Yet its still pokemon that is the 'bad' game for talking about evolution etc. But its fine for games (Which kids still obviously play) to be put in a war like environment and actually kill other people for 'fun' or 'points' and normalizes that sort of behaviour. Calm down...
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Since DNA seems to be a big part of these games, perhaps we'll get the 'Original Dragon' as DLC or something? I think it'd be a good move, since GF has got so many fans curious about it, but they'll probably save it for Black/White/2 remakes.

Though considering all of the Tao Trio are under a trainer's control, they'd have to pull of something...

Perhaps Hilbert/Hilda appears Red-Style, and they give you Resh/Zek as a gift, and then Nate/Rosa show up in the DLC with the other two?
    YES. THIS, PLEASE.
    I was dying to see what this "Original Dragon" truly was back in BW, and they only partially solved that riddle by introducing BW Kyurem. if they do it, guessing by how powerful Kyurem's formes were they may lock it shut behind Event DLC like you mentioned, make it the final pokemon of the DEX and even give it a movie. I'd love to see The Tao Trio as they originally were.

...But then again, isn't Gen Six "generally" trying to convince us to steer away from dragon pokemon? I'm beginning to doubt they'd introduce Fairy Types and such, only to usher in a dragon legendary arguably stronger than BW Kyurem. Well, maybe it'd have its stats switched around instead of boosted. I'm not sure.

What would the Original Dragon even look like? All three of BW's legends were pretty unique appearance-wise, and I won't settle for them to go Frankenstein and "grind them together by force" again (like what the DNA Splicers seem to do to Kyurem). Reshiram, Kyurem and Zekrom literally spliced together would just look like...like....Missingno., I'm sure. XD

No they were on about the English developers. Japan have never been as shy about stuff like that, Leech Life is Blood Suck in japanese so its clearly just over here. Its a bit funny though considering how many kids are playing CoD, but god forbid a child to scream Death Wing when his imaginary magical cartoon bird attacks an imaginary magical Ice Cream... :P

I still want to know why we never say Dragonite get hit my Geomancy I find it weird that we didnt see.
    The difference is that those kids aren't supposed to be playing mature games like those anyway (unless you live in Australia--I think their idea of an M rating is like 15 and up, correct me if I'm wrong =/). I think you knew that already though, so disregard what I just said.

I found that odd about Xerneas' attack showcase, too--maybe, like Yveltal's attack, it has some hidden secondary effect that would have been blown if they showed what happened to Xerneas' opponent (Oblivion Wing's secondary effect was poorly hidden, seeing as Oblivion Wing was clearly sucking the life out of Salamence).

Judging from the trailer alone, Geomancy definitely looks to be the stronger attack--but I hope I'm wrong. Fusion Bolt looks twice as painful than Fusion Flare (especially after a F.Flare Boost; that move just looks like electric Armageddon!), but they both function the same way. Here's to hoping it's this scenario.

...But now that I'm on the subject, I seriously hope Yveltal and Xerneas get Lv.100 exclusive moves just like Reshiram/Zekrom did. I just find myself underwhelmed by the appearance of Oblivion Wing (though the idea of a blood-colored, Vampiric Ray just oozes originality)--Yveltal deserves something that looks a bit more...devastating, at least to me.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

....it was a joke. Ofcourse Pokemon isn't going to explicitly talk about death very often, but age ratings on a game mean squat. Look at how many kids play Gta and CoD. Yet its still pokemon that is the 'bad' game for talking about evolution etc. But its fine for games (Which kids still obviously play) to be put in a war like environment and actually kill other people for 'fun' or 'points' and normalizes that sort of behaviour. Calm down...
    My point still stands, and sorry if I came of as agitated. I don't know about the UK, but here underaged gaming is talked about a lot! To me it comes across as a bigger issue than underaged drinking. We have lots of news articles about why youngsters play violent video games and how parents should read the signals and prevent them from playing the wrong games. I do however agree that many parents and religious groups overreact to Pokémon. I think it is one of the most innocent games that can be played while still being associated with violence. And lets face it, everything from Pacman and Mario to CoD and Resident Evil can be associated with "violence".

Quote Originally Posted by GatedSunOne View Post
    YES. THIS, PLEASE.
    I was dying to see what this "Original Dragon" truly was back in BW, and they only partially solved that riddle by introducing BW Kyurem. if they do it, guessing by how powerful Kyurem's formes were they may lock it shut behind Event DLC like you mentioned, make it the final pokemon of the DEX and even give it a movie. I'd love to see The Tao Trio as they originally were.

...But then again, isn't Gen Six "generally" trying to convince us to steer away from dragon pokemon? I'm beginning to doubt they'd introduce Fairy Types and such, only to usher in a dragon legendary arguably stronger than BW Kyurem. Well, maybe it'd have its stats switched around instead of boosted. I'm not sure.

What would the Original Dragon even look like? All three of BW's legends were pretty unique appearance-wise, and I won't settle for them to go Frankenstein and "grind them together by force" again (like what the DNA Splicers seem to do to Kyurem). Reshiram, Kyurem and Zekrom literally spliced together would just look like...like....Missingno., I'm sure. XD
    Agreed, that's one thing that really disappointed me about BW2 is that they didn't wrap up that loose end. Hopefully sooner or later they do because that's something I'd love to see.

Maybe it could be Dragon/Fairy?

I always imagined it being a combination of the three while still being its own Pokémon, so basically an in between that takes certain aspects but leaves out others that would clutter the design. Also, maybe making it yellow to contrast with Kyurem gray colors.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    My point still stands, and sorry if I came of as agitated. I don't know about the UK, but here underaged gaming is talked about a lot! To me it comes across as a bigger issue than underaged drinking. We have lots of news articles about why youngsters play violent video games and how parents should read the signals and prevent them from playing the wrong games. I do however agree that many parents and religious groups overreact to Pokémon. I think it is one of the most innocent games that can be played while still being associated with violence. And lets face it, everything from Pacman and Mario to CoD and Resident Evil can be associated with "violence".
    No believe me I get where youre coming from. Mine was just a generalization of how god forbid a pokemon game mention death, when governments blahblahblah now that many underaged kids will be playing CoD and stuff like that. Death Wing and other moves defo would ring more alarm bells than stuff like Oblivion Wing etc and GF/Nintendo get what they're trying to achieve by censoring some things. My main gripe is that there would be outcry if that kind of stuff was left in a pokemon game despite parents letting them play gta and CoD etc

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Agreed, that's one thing that really disappointed me about BW2 is that they didn't wrap up that loose end. Hopefully sooner or later they do because that's something I'd love to see.

I always imagined it being a combination of the three while still being its own Pokémon, so basically an in between that takes certain aspects but leaves out others that would clutter the design. Also, maybe making it yellow to contrast with Kyurem gray colors.
    For some reason, I envision the Original One to be a pure Dragon without secondary typing for some reason. Maybe one with an ability that gives it STAB on Fire, Ice and Electric attacks as a throwback to the dragons that make him up.

Either way, if we're on the yellow subject, why not upgrade that to gold? It worked for Crisis Core's Bahamut Fury and Yu-Gi-Oh's Winged Dragon of Ra. I'd almost be salivating if the Original One was golden-colored dragon of any Type--heck, they could make it Fire/Fighting with levitate and I wouldn't care (Okay, now I'm just pushing it CX).
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

For some reason, I envision the Original One to be a pure Dragon without secondary typing for some reason. Maybe one with an ability that gives it STAB on Fire, Ice and Electric attacks as a throwback to the dragons that make him up.

Either way, if we're on the yellow subject, why not upgrade that to gold? It worked for Crisis Core's Bahamut Fury and Yu-Gi-Oh's Winged Dragon of Ra. I'd almost be salivating if the Original One was golden-colored dragon of any Type--heck, they could make it Fire/Fighting with levitate and I wouldn't care (Okay, now I'm just pushing it CX).
    True, I was just thinking of a different type they could do.

A golden dragon like Bahamut? That would be awesome, especially if they gave it a Mega Flare-esque attack based around the concept of energy. Quiet you or GF will steal that idea!

No believe me I get where youre coming from. Mine was just a generalization of how god forbid a pokemon game mention death, when governments blahblahblah now that many underaged kids will be playing CoD and stuff like that. Death Wing and other moves defo would ring more alarm bells than stuff like Oblivion Wing etc and GF/Nintendo get what they're trying to achieve by censoring some things. My main gripe is that there would be outcry if that kind of stuff was left in a Pokemon game despite parents letting them play gta and CoD etc
    I agree completely. It's just so stupid how upset parents get about "Death Wing", but not about ACTUAL DIGITALIZED DEATH on the TV for CoD (not to mention the language... sheesh).

However, "Oblivion Wing" sounds like a WAY cooler name than "Death Wing" (imo). Death Wing just sounds like Yveltal's two types combined into a name (Dark= associated with death, Flying= flying things use wings) (I feel like they could've done better with Xerneas's move too, but "Geomancy" is growing on me).
    Last edited by R000; 18th July 2013 at 2:04 AM.
    My Favorites From Each Generation

Gen I:

Gen II:

Gen III:

Gen IV:

Gen V:

Gen VI (so far):
    Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Sylveon, Pancham, Pangoro, Talonflame, Noivern, Malimar, Xerneas, Yveltal, Megavolutions

True, I was just thinking of a different type they could do.

A golden dragon like Bahamut? That would be awesome, especially if they gave it a Mega Flare-esque attack based around the concept of energy. Quiet you or GF will steal that idea!
    And guess what they'd call that Mega-Flare energy attack. I'll bet it'd ironically have the word "Plasma" somewhere in the move...Goodness, I'd die laughing. XD

But alas, this is GF we're talking about--the last time we got a trio master, he was Regigigas...I STILL don't know what they were drinking when they made that thing. I just wish they did one of two thing about the identity of the Original Dragon already. For one, they could just say it was one (or both) of Kyurem's Formes, or they could go the route we're talking and just make it the final pokemon of Kalos' Dex--or better yet, the "Pokemon Z" dragon itself-- a proposed third legendary everyone seems to be talking over.

That....that would be one hell of a multinational plot twist. I'd throw all my money at GF/Nintendo if they did that, but it's totally unlikely.

And guess what they'd call that Mega-Flare energy attack. I'll bet it'd ironically have the word "Plasma" somewhere in the move...Goodness, I'd die laughing. XD

But alas, this is GF we're talking about--the last time we got a trio master, he was Regigigas...I STILL don't know what they were drinking when they made that thing. I just wish they did one of two thing about the identity of the Original Dragon already. For one, they could just say it was one (or both) of Kyurem's Formes, or they could go the route we're talking and just make it the final pokemon of Kalos' Dex--or better yet, the "Pokemon Z" dragon itself-- a proposed third legendary everyone seems to be talking over.

That....that would be one hell of a multinational plot twist. I'd throw all my money at GF/Nintendo if they did that, but it's totally unlikely.
    That'd be totally fitting. XD

And yeah, I'm hoping they treat it better. It is attached to an important group unlike the Regis and should be treated as such so hopefully it gets a unique storyline to it. Also, I'd love to see that plot twist.

Yes. Yes. Yes. It's a fitting type with all the 'Ultimate Power' and myths around it, and if you ask me, it's the only type that fits it except Pure Dragon.

I had a dream of a original dragon that was mostly grey, but had accents of black and white on it. And it's tail looked like some sort of fusion between the three dragons, like imagine Kyurem's three prongs around Reshiram's 'generator' and instead of the fluff coming out, it's Zekrom's tail. It glowed gold.

I thought it looked really cool in my dream, but GF will definitely do it better, so I'm hoping to see it. It's got me so darn curious! >.<

Perhaps Team Flare post-game use their money to make the Original Dragon? Though how they'd get the dragons are beyond me...

I just really want to see it because of the DNA theme. I'm kind of curious, because Pokemon B/W/2 kinda had this with the Tao Trio and Genesect and stuff...

Am I the only one who thinks 'Z' will have four formes? All of them which make a trio with the first two gets a forme every gen, like this;

Rayquaza-One Forme (Normal Rayquaza)

Giratina-Two Formes (Altered Forme and Origin Forme)

Kyurem-Three Formes ('Grey' Kyurem, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem)

From what my imaginaton can conjure up about the "final kyurem form;" i can see the left side being reshiram's half, a beastly kyurem in the middle, and the right side of zekrom, i cant imagine the body shape, but thats just what i can see. But in my head it looks fierce
    White 2 Team:
    Lvl. 100 (Leader: Nov-Ember)
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100 shiny
    Lvl. 100 white
    Lvl. 100
    Lvl. 100

Also, finally found out what Yveltal looks like with it's mouth open (through the Main XY Site). Had no idea it looked like that. XD
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Also, finally found out what Yveltal looks like with it's mouth open (through the Main XY Site). Had no idea it looked like that. XD
    Yeah, I didn't even know the thing had a mouth! Oh well, I am
    Mainly wondering what the stats of a "Destruction" Pokemon are gonna be like...

Despite all of its weaknesses, Tyranitar remains my favorite Pokémon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitar600 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even know the thing had a mouth! Oh well, I am
    Mainly wondering what the stats of a "Destruction" Pokemon are gonna be like...
    Speaking of that, I've yet to see Xerneas' mouth. Poor thing~

And I'm sure their stats will be overall as good as most Box Legendaries. And I expect Yveltal to be more offensive and Xerneas to be more defensive, actually. But that's just me~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosion1996 View Post
    From what my imaginaton can conjure up about the "final kyurem form;" i can see the left side being reshiram's half, a beastly kyurem in the middle, and the right side of zekrom, i cant imagine the body shape, but thats just what i can see. But in my head it looks fierce
    On the theme of original dragon, does anyone else want the DNA splicers to be used so you can have both Black and White Kyurem at the same time?

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    On the theme of original dragon, does anyone else want the DNA splicers to be used so you can have both Black and White Kyurem at the same time?
    Yes, please. Finally. That was so annoying. On my first playthrough of B/W2, I was all "Ooh, DNA splicers! Cool! I'll make White Kyurem, the make Black Kyurem, them combine them to make the Original Dragon! Muwahahahaha!" ..Then I found out I could only have one Kyurem Forme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tytus View Post
    The name of Yveltal's signature move in Japanese is called "Death Wing"... they're not avoiding the topic. Someone just decided that English-speaking regions might be sensitive to the word "death" in a Pokemon game and tweaked it.
    I like the Japanese name for the move. The English name just doesn't sound as good.
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryTrainer, Link View Post
    I like the Japanese name for the move. The English name just doesn't sound as good.
    Really? For once I prefer the English name xD But yeah, it's a shame that the English games have to get 'death' and shizz removed from the game.

Considering that Gamefreak got a lot of heat from parents in gen 1 because of the game corner and the fact that there was a Gambler trainer class (I played pokemon red when I was little and I never got into gambling, what a complete overreaction by parents) if Yveltal kept the japanese name for its signature move, that would just be asking for trouble from parents groups such as Mumsnet.

Really? For once I prefer the English name xD But yeah, it's a shame that the English games have to get 'death' and shizz removed from the game.
    Too right...... I do like the English name though and can't wait to do battle with Yveltal and scream ''USE OBLIVION WING!!''
    Games I have: Red, Yellow, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, Diamond(traded),Pearl(lost), Platinum, SoulSilver(treaded) HeartGold, Black, White(stolen), Black 2, White 2.

Black 2 Team:

Quote Originally Posted by NightFire7 View Post
    Considering that Gamefreak got a lot of heat from parents in gen 1 because of the game corner and the fact that there was a Gambler trainer class (I played pokemon red when I was little and I never got into gambling, what a complete overreaction by parents) if Yveltal kept the japanese name for its signature move, that would just be asking for trouble from parents groups such as Mumsnet.
    Exactly, pokemon has never encouraged people to want to be anything apart from Pokemon trainers While there are other games that promote worse options yet no one seems to mind them.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryTrainer, Link View Post
    Too right...... I do like the English name though and can't wait to do battle with Yveltal and scream ''USE OBLIVION WING!!''
    I still haven't decided which mascot I want yet so I don't know if I'll be screaming 'Oblivion Wing' or 'Geomancy' Although I don't think you should scream 'Geomancy', it sounds like you should first shrug off an attack like it was nothing then just calmly say 'Xerneas.....Geomancy' and then just give a lil smirk, then your opponent knows he's dead xD

Regardless of your opinion on 'Oblivion Wing', you've gotta admit that 'Geomancy' is at least eight times better than 'Geo Control'.

Quote Originally Posted by Underachiever007 View Post
    Regardless of your opinion on 'Oblivion Wing', you've gotta admit that 'Geomancy' is at least eight times better than 'Geo Control'.
    Agreed. I still love the name but it doesn't sound as bad *** as 'Oblivion Wing'. But, I think thats the beauty of it, it's not meant to sound 'vicious' or 'badass'.

Page 402 of 472 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452 ... LastLast