Page 102 of 472 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Welcome to Serebii Forums !
    Anyway, most people are saying that it will be grass, but, sunflower seeds ? where did that come from. Maybe im not imaginative.
    thank you for the welcome. I mainly thought so because of the black and what looks like white colouring. And I suppose it didn't help that I was eating sunflower seeds when I first saw Xerneas... Or as I said before I could just be strange.
    Oh Memories
    Where'd you go?
    You were all I've ever known
    How I miss yesterday
    How'd I let it fade away?
    Where'd you go?

Friend Safari Type - Poison - Swalot, Toxicroak, Gloom

For me, the legendaries types are:

Xerneas: Psyquic/Water
    Yveltal: Fire/Grass

If you look to the Y symbol in the logo you can see it's a tree, with two branchs on the top and root under. If you look inside the Yveltal body it's all a black branch, maybe he can change to green between seasons.
    In the japanese logo you can see a Leaf (nature, grass type?) with four colors, green, red, pink and blue, representing their types.

Just my opinion, two strong combinations.

Weren't the things on the Japanese logos thought to be DNA helix's? (Or whatever they're called... I'm not very intelligent deal with it!) Though I never thought of them as leaves... A very interesting theory fellow new person!
    Oh Memories
    Where'd you go?
    You were all I've ever known
    How I miss yesterday
    How'd I let it fade away?
    Where'd you go?

Friend Safari Type - Poison - Swalot, Toxicroak, Gloom

I still think it's something DNA-related, but it does kinda look like a leaf... A DNA leaf? :P
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I recently started my genetics class, so I'm really excited about these new legendaries and their backstories. I didn't know I would be this into genetics, but I love that class. I'm really hoping genetics ties in somehow to this next gen, X and Y and the symbol on the logo would suggest that, but just have to wait and see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by williamdrake View Post
    For me, the legendaries types are:

Xerneas: Psyquic/Water
    Yveltal: Fire/Grass

If you look to the Y symbol in the logo you can see it's a tree, with two branchs on the top and root under. If you look inside the Yveltal body it's all a black branch, maybe he can change to green between seasons.
    In the japanese logo you can see a Leaf (nature, grass type?) with four colors, green, red, pink and blue, representing their types.

Just my opinion, two strong combinations.
    That's a good observation! I mean based on norse mythology Yveltal represents the eagle atop Yggdrasil. Though the leaf your talking about does look a lot like a double helix. Though I wouldn't rule out the possibilities.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    This must the first time that most people can't decide which legendary to choose. GF really out did themselves this time.
    I'll admit at first I didn't like Yveltal all that much, but it has grown on me immensly. I still like Xerneas better, but I may have to pick up Y at some point to get my own Yveltal.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Woah my first post in this forum.

These legendaries look both cool, Yveltal is just amazing. Considering how it should be based on a blind eagle, I'd say it's a Dark/Flying Pokémon, and Xerneas looks like Steel/Psychic, I don't really know why though.
    The possible Z snake legendary could be Poison/Dragon imho. That would at least make sense, I guess! Looking forward to know a bit more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by LockFelino View Post
    Wow, first actual post in the forums, I feel quite special!

I have my own little theory concerning the Typing of Xerneas. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who thinks this, but look at it's legs. They look a little like sunflower seeds to me, granted elongated ones but sunflower seeds nonetheless. Maybe it could have Grass in it's typing somewhere? Or I could just be being stupid and or insane. Wouldn't be the first time... Lock, awaaaay~ *Whoosh!*
    There have a been a lot of people speculating it as partly grass. It's legs look a lot more like blades to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LockFelino View Post
    Weren't the things on the Japanese logos thought to be DNA helix's? (Or whatever they're called... I'm not very intelligent deal with it!) Though I never thought of them as leaves... A very interesting theory fellow new person!
    They're definitely double helices.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    There have a been a lot of people speculating it as partly grass. It's legs look a lot more like blades to me, though.

They're definitely double helices.
    I actually don't think that it will be grass, if the prediction of the DNA + Ygdrasill as the mythos is right, the pokemon representing the tree will probably be grass.
    Team Leader Since Gen III

The Dream Team:

Black 2: 1722 2334 0059

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

Anyone else curious as to what these legendaries' back-stories will be?

Most Legendaries control something (I.e time, guard the sea etc), I honestly can't think of a backstory for them that hasn't already been done! Kudos to GameFreak on the designs, I love both, but hope the back stories for each will be just as good!
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 3224-6005-7531

Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaky View Post
    Anyone else curious as to what these legendaries' back-stories will be?

Most Legendaries control something (I.e time, guard the sea etc), I honestly can't think of a backstory for them that hasn't already been done! Kudos to GameFreak on the designs, I love both, but hope the back stories for each will be just as good!
    As has been stated on this thread, something to do with guarding the Ygdrasill Tree, and/or Genetics.

The Dream Team:

Please message me if you can trade an Electirizer, will happily send the Pokemon back!

OH! I didn't even register the correlation the legendaries have to X and Y chromosomes! This is actually a really interesting new take on legendaries, considering Dialga, Palkia and Giratina basically took the most superior positions a legendary can possess, they have no look for new alternatives. Although, I feel (know) that it is safe to say that ideas have run down to nothing in terms of character design...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon767 View Post
    Although, I feel (know) that it is safe to say that ideas have run down to nothing in terms of character design...
    Really? You know that, do you?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So long as Yvetal is at least part flying-type; I could careless about the legendary types.
    Hoenn was the best region copy and paste this if you agree (started by BATTLEFRONTIERASH)

Really? You know that, do you?
    I am absolutely positive that my statement was said with the utmost truth and may have the potential to be backed by a statistical correctional study of a common shared belief that upon the 5th generation, creators have, in truth, run out of ideas and the general ability to create new Pokemon.

Okay, you know for a fact that "ideas have run down to nothing in terms of character designs". Whatever you say.
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

I am absolutely positive that my statement was said with the utmost truth and may have the potential to be backed by a statistical correctional study of a common shared belief that upon the 5th generation, creators have, in truth, run out of ideas and the general ability to create new Pokemon.
    Sorry...but you're wrong. You have nothing to back this up and, well, it's just completely untrue. Having a Pokémon based on the Four Stags of Yggdrasil or the Eagle of Yggdrasil have not been done before (Nidhoggr hasn't either but we're not 100% positive that he will appear). Having a Pokémon based on ice cream doesn't mean that they have run out of ideas. Each Pokémon is new in their own right, so you have no right to say that...especially right before a new Gen.

Well please, by all means back it up, because as far as I can tell we have new characters and Pokemon, which means that there are still ideas. When someone is out of ideas, nothing new is created. That's clearly not the case here.

OH! I didn't even register the correlation the legendaries have to X and Y chromosomes! This is actually a really interesting new take on legendaries, considering Dialga, Palkia and Giratina basically took the most superior positions a legendary can possess, they have no look for new alternatives. Although, I feel (know) that it is safe to say that ideas have run down to nothing in terms of character design...
    Completely disagree.

D/P finished off the creation myth for the original civilization (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh), and now they can reboot it, since it's like the concept of different religions

As for characters, the writing in BW and BW2 was the strongest out of all the games.

Not true, as stated earlier, every generation GF actually creates 2-5 times more pokemon than they actually use.
    Last edited by Colegoco; 17th January 2013 at 2:05 AM.

The Dream Team:

So basically, you're saying that 5th Gen & 6th Gen Pokemon don't look like Pokemon at all.

Now can you please define what a Pokemon should looks like?

Maybe this time we'll get a solid answer from you, because so far anyone who says the same thing as you can't give a solid answer to that. Most didn't even give an answer at all.

If you can answer this, it would be a solid back up for your statement

In the meantime......let's get back to talking specifically about legends, this is the legendary speculation thread after all.

also

Well please, by all means back it up, because as far as I can tell we have new characters and Pokemon, which means that there are still ideas. When someone is out of ideas, nothing new is created. That's clearly not the case here.
    that.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I have to say, I've been surprisingly disappointed in the fake-leak rumor mill this time around, no fake art yet, or like DP where we all though Pachisriscu and Cherrim were Dialga and Palkia for a day there.

The Dream Team:

Xerneas could be Ice/Steel.

So the point of you signing up for this forum is?

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    So the point of you signing up for this forum is?
    He's probably just a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Colegoco View Post
    I have to say, I've been surprisingly disappointed in the fake-leak rumor mill this time around, no fake art yet, or like DP where we all though Pachisriscu and Cherrim were Dialga and Palkia for a day there.
    Don't worry, we still have time. After more footage is leaked and CoroCoro gets more pages, more fake rumors will spread.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Page 102 of 472 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast