Page 103 of 472 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    He's probably just a troll.

Don't worry, we still have time. After more footage is leaked and CoroCoro gets more pages, more fake rumors will spread.
    Well yes considering the fact he signed up all that way back in 2010 and only now chose to make his first two posts is weird anyways.

Anyways I'm hoping that Yevetal is FIre/Flying kinda even though that kinda screws it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon767 View Post
    I am absolutely positive that my statement was said with the utmost truth and may have the potential to be backed by a statistical correctional study of a common shared belief that upon the 5th generation, creators have, in truth, run out of ideas and the general ability to create new Pokemon.
    Well, technically they haven't run out of the ability to create new pokemon, they could always do that, regardless of the pokemons' originalities, and even though a few of gen V's pokemon did seem a little unoriginal, there were plenty that were.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

I am absolutely positive that my statement was said with the utmost truth and may have the potential to be backed by a statistical correctional study of a common shared belief that upon the 5th generation, creators have, in truth, run out of ideas and the general ability to create new Pokemon.
    Well that puts conformist thinking to a whole new level. So just because X amount of people say "omg GF is running out of ideas," that it means that you should take it at face value and accept it as if it were the truth? Oh wait..."was said with the utmost truth." Except none of your statements are backed up...

Instead of going by what people think, why don't you actually take a look at the Pokemon list? And no, "omg inanimate objects are not pokemon!!!one!1" is not an acceptable argument.

Let's be realistic - with 649 Pokemon out there, there are bound to be some similarities between certain species. You'll see this in any art form - there are songs that sound similar, books that reek of the same fundamental plot line. Heck, some ancient bat ancestors probably just decided to go their separate ways and evolve (in the Darwinian sense of the word) into two similar but very different species (i.e. Crobat vs. Swoobat).

What makes Pokemon more unique is perhaps their unique movesets and capabilities. It's not that easy to find Pokemon that share a similar look and function (though I might be wrong).
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Xerneas and Yveltel could very well be based on nordic mythology. But since this is a speculation thread and that has already been discussed many times, I'd liek to bring a new perspective to their possible origin. What if X & Y are based off creatures in russian folklore?

Xerneas could be Alatyr. In russian folklore, Alatyr is a magic stone, but this is Pokémon, so even a magic stone could take the form of a deer, don't you agree? (Maybe X could be rock-type, and don't forget the gems -rocks- on its antlers)

This stone is placed in the center of the Booyan Island. As a legend says, healing rivers flow from beneath Alatyr and on it stands the World Tree (big tree behind X in the trailer). X looks like a benevolent creature, so the healing rivers fit. I never saw X as a water type as some people say, but well, it could be. In the myth, this stone is guarded by two mythical monsters: a giant bird with an iron beak and copper claws Gagana (Yveltal) and Garafena, a snake (3rd legendary) that according to the legends, lies upon a golden artefact on the Booyan island.

As you see, there are similarities with elements of the nordic mythology. It's just a different point of view.
    Last edited by STADIUM; 17th January 2013 at 4:45 PM.

So what Type do you guys reckon the two mascots will be.

I'm guessing;
    Xerneas Grass/Psychic or (Light/Grass)
    Yveltel Flying/Dark or (Sound/Dark)

Spoiler:- Sound/Light Type Picture:

I'm gonna Sound my opinion. The negative replies may not be Light, but I think it'd be Cosmic if we got new types this gen!
    Copy this in your sig if you believe in new types!

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    So what Type do you guys reckon the two mascots will be.

I'm guessing;
    Xerneas Grass/Psychic or (Light/Grass)
    Yveltel Flying/Dark or (Sound/Dark)

Spoiler:- Sound/Light Type Picture:
    Someone's going to have to explain this light/sound type thing to me. I read the spoiler but i just don't see where they would fit in the current typing order.

Otherwise, i believe Yveltal will be either Dark/Flying or Dragon/Flying, not so sure about Xerneas though. Nothing about the design screams a specific typing, except maybe fighting.
    I dont really care about your religion, and i am pretty sure a lot of others on here dont either.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldCyndaquil View Post
    Sorry...but you're wrong. You have nothing to back this up and, well, it's just completely untrue. Having a Pokémon based on the Four Stags of Yggdrasil or the Eagle of Yggdrasil have not been done before (Nidhoggr hasn't either but we're not 100% positive that he will appear). Having a Pokémon based on ice cream doesn't mean that they have run out of ideas. Each Pokémon is new in their own right, so you have no right to say that...especially right before a new Gen.
    We're not 100% sure they're even based off Norse legends. Xerneas and Yvetal could just as likely be based off of Cernunnous and the Morrigan. There is literally nothing that says they are definitively based off the four stags and the eagle, and there is an equal amount of evidence that points to a Celtic mythos. The only reason people have latched onto the Norse so much is because someone early on proposed it. Who knows, if I had been a few hours earlier in putting forth my Celtic theory, that might be the one everyone is clambering over.

Seriously guys. The Norse thing has been just done to death by now. STADIUM has the right idea, let's consider other options so we have more than just "OMG, there are stags and an eagle in the Yggdrasil myth, so Xerneas and Yvetal must be Norse!"
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Xerneas could be Ice/Steel.
    I would hope not because double weakness to both fighting and fire would suck.
    FCs
    White: 1808 0899 9334
    Whtie2: 3225 4503 3165

Ahhh, c'mon! They didn't "run out of idead", they just got other ideas. Why people NEED to follow some sort of 'rules' whenever they make something? RPG games need to have a annoying hero trying to save the world in name of love (haha!) and all! Now pokemon games need to follow a...rule? All Pokemons need to be like those created on 1st gen, otherwise, they just..."run out of ideas"?...pfff! That's ridiculous!
    I assume, i didn't liked the starters! But the legendaries are AWESOME and very well made. They have a great design and a 'good idea behind it'! Why don't like it? Oh, yes, because they AREN'T Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, and probably a Pikachu (<which is a legendary by all means, dare you to disagree?!)!

Yeah, yeah..that's it!

Also, if Yvetail looks like Y (orly?) and Xerneas an X...if, in a not so distant future, they make a third game...what number could be? Z, i guess?...
    A Pokemon in a form of Z would be funny...
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

Anyone else expecting a possible Z legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Welcome to the party -__-
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote_Dynamo View Post
    Alphabetically speaking, that would make sense, but if Xerneas and Yvetal pertain to chromosomes and DNA, then we may not get one. As far as I know, there is no Z chromosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Alphabetically speaking, that would make sense, but if Xerneas and Yvetal pertain to chromosomes and DNA, then we may not get one. As far as I know, there is no Z chromosome.
    Yes there is. It's often paired with W iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Yeah, Z chromosomes exist, Humans don't have them.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Oh, interesting. Maybe they could play with that. I was thinking more as the gender chromosomes that determine our sex. Since there are only two, I wonder how they'll make a third legendary off of this. Perhaps we'll see another GSC lineup, in which the two previous box legends stand on their own and another regional legendary takes the third game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    So do W chromosomes. Z and W chromosomes make a pair, just like X and Y chromosomes.

EDIT: Just like Aurath8 said above.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    So do W chromosomes. Z and W chromosomes make a pair, just like X and Y chromosomes.
    So, the 'Emerald, Crystal, Platinum' of these games will be Z and W? I could see that happening. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    So, the 'Emerald, Crystal, Platinum' of these games will be Z and W? I could see that happening. ^^
    I'm expecting either that or XX and XY, depending on how hardcore they delve into the chromosome theme.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I'm expecting either that or XX and XY, depending on how hardcore they delve into the chromosome theme.
    I'd prefer Z and W, since it wouldn't sound very good othervice. Though, W doesn't sound good anyways. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

I have to say the artwork is very detailed and precise for a news release, very much unlike the past like with Zoroark we had a silhoutte of sprite artwork, but here we have floods of colour and detail. That's brave of nintendo.
    I would also like to say that they look great, I'm curious of the types they will be, obviously forest background for X suggests Grass and seeing as Y is flying I'd guess Flying/Dragon type.
    Anyone else thinking of Pokemon Z for a sequel name and pokémon?
    I'm curious to find out what duo (probably turning trio) they will be, maybe a DNA duo/trio and their DNA links to the idea of an origin of species, maybe they share a certain DNA type with regional pokémon?
    This isn't twitter, I know, but...
    #clueless

Just seen everyone elses Z and W theories, interesting. Maybe X & Y vs Z & W? A quartet is quite rare in pokémon, interesting theories.
    Last edited by hydrosharp_98; 17th January 2013 at 8:59 PM.

XYZ for 3D? Not XY for chromosomes?

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    Why not both?

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    It could be both, but chromosomes have a more solid basis as evidence because there are DNA helices in the Japanese logos.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

So, how will XY give the player DNA Splicers, and how could they explain it?

Because, let's face it, GameFreak's going to have to come up with some way to do this.

Page 103 of 472 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast