Page 105 of 472 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    I also miss how mysterious the legendaries were in gen 1. They were just...there. Hiding in creepy, out-of-the-way places, no explanation or backstory (apart from info scrounged on diaries from a spooky mansion) and if you weren't expecting them or prepped to battle them then tough nuts. I love the big story-lines involving that mascot legendaries that have developed in later games, but I still think there's a place for 1 or 2 legendaries just lurking around in dark mazes with an air of mystery about them.
    Exactly. I hope gen 6 goes back to gen 1 in terms of legends. IMO gen 3 itself had too many legends.

Quote Originally Posted by SasakiThePikachu View Post
    ^ This.

For me it kills the whole idea of legendaries when a generation is just flooded with them. They're so mythical and rare and yet you couldn't go two steps in Sinnoh without tripping over one and landing on another - it's probably the only thing I disliked about that region.

I also miss how mysterious the legendaries were in gen 1. They were just...there. Hiding in creepy, out-of-the-way places, no explanation or backstory (apart from info scrounged on diaries from a spooky mansion) and if you weren't expecting them or prepped to battle them then tough nuts. I love the big story-lines involving that mascot legendaries that have developed in later games, but I still think there's a place for 1 or 2 legendaries just lurking around in dark mazes with an air of mystery about them.
    ^This, this I love! What is the point in legendaries like Meloetta? I think going old school on this gen is a good idea. How about less of 'we are going to make legendaries to fill up the dex' and more of 'we are going to make legendaries that everyone will remember'?

Quote Originally Posted by FennekinFan View Post
    There are already too many legendaries XD
    I think the max they should have is 8.
    Well chances are we're going to have a Z legend making a the main trio, this generation's Mew/Celebi/Jirachi etc., and a lesser trio. That's already 7 and since Gen3 they've had at least 1 other event legend and another legendary duo/trio(Lati@s, Darkrai/Cresselia, Kami trio) so I'd hope around 10. The most we've ever had is 12 in Sinnoh/Unova. As for the rest - Hoenn: 9, Johto: 6, Kanto: 5. I think they should stop at 12 per generation. I never use legendaries, so I'd prefer if they made more regular pokemon.

For me it kills the whole idea of legendaries when a generation is just flooded with them. They're so mythical and rare and yet you couldn't go two steps in Sinnoh without tripping over one and landing on another - it's probably the only thing I disliked about that region.
    Though Sinnoh had 12, 5 were event legendaries. That leaves only 7 that you could encounter in-game. I don't know why 3 more in-game legends than Kanto suddenly means that you're tripping over them. Most of the additional legendaries are event legends after all.
    Last edited by Aurath8; 18th January 2013 at 4:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    Well chances are we're going to have a Z legend making a the main trio, this generation's Mew/Celebi/Jirachi etc., and a lesser trio. That's already 7 and since Gen3 they've had at least 1 other event legend and another legendary duo/trio(Lati@s, Darkrai/Cresselia, Kami trio) so I'd hope around 10. The most we've ever had is 12 in Sinnoh/Unova. As for the rest - Hoenn: 9, Johto: 6, Kanto: 5. I think they should stop at 12 per generation. I never use legendaries, so I'd prefer if they made more regular pokemon.
    True, but I think they also said they were not introducing as many new pokemon in this gen. Less new Pokemon will probably mean less new legendaries in comparison with the last few generations. Besides just cause they have had 'trio-masters' etc. in the past, it does not mean that they will continue the trend in the future.
    The only ones I can see for sure (other than x/y/z) are the other trio, and maybe one or two individual pokemon (with at least one being event only)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post

Though Sinnoh had 12, 5 were event legendaries. That leaves only 7 that you could encounter in-game. I don't know why 3 more in-game legends than Kanto suddenly means that you're tripping over them. Most of the additional legendaries are event legends after all.
    I really hope they stop this tradition. They should make the main trio then the mew/cerebi/jirachi/shaymin/victini of gen 6 and stop with that. PLZZZ GF, this is my only prob with pokemon.

They never said there would be less Pokémon this gen. They only said that Pokémon would be over 700 after this Gen. I think they said something similar last gen, and people thought there would be about 100 new ones. Turned out to be 156. So, yeah. ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Yeah i agree with you guys, i would like to see much fewer legendaries this generation. I would honestly be content with just the one for each version. (X,Y and (Z?)).

Want to see more regular pokemon, i never use legendaries anyway.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/205fssg.png[/IMG]

There's always going to be the Generation's Main Trio, with 2 of them being mascots for the first 2 main games and the third being the mascot for the third (or third and fourth) main game titles.

There's always going to be the Pixie Legendary since Mew (maybe), Jirachi, Celebi, Manaphy, Meloetta seem to be some kind of legendary cousins xD

There's always going to be the Semi-important Trio that will have some kind of side story or quest having to do with them (Regis, Birds, Beasts, Golems, Guardians, and Kamis)

There's always going to be those Legendaries that have a side story/quest but have nothing to do or no connection with the main story at all or not in a big way (Swords of Justice, Lunars, Eons, Heatran, Shaymin, and Victini)

And then theres the Legends that end the current National Dex (Arceus, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Genesect)

That's just how the series will continue to go, which means this Generation, if following the current formula, will have at least 7 Legends, and we already know 3 (third being Z Legend).

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    They never said there would be less Pokémon this gen. They only said that Pokémon would be over 700 after this Gen. I think they said something similar last gen, and people thought there would be about 100 new ones. Turned out to be 156. So, yeah. ^^
    I never said that we want less pokes, I said that I want less legendns ( waaay less )

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I never said that we want less pokes, I said that I want less legendns ( waaay less )
    I was talking to FennekinFan. ^^" You posted right above me right before I posted that.

And I do agree we should have a little fewer legendaries, though I don't really mind them much.
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I was talking to FennekinFan. ^^" You posted right above me right before I posted that.

And I do agree we should have a little fewer legendaries, though I don't really mind them much.
    Oh, whoops ! :P

Anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    There's always going to be the Generation's Main Trio, with 2 of them being mascots for the first 2 main games and the third being the mascot for the third (or third and fourth) main game titles.

There's always going to be the Pixie Legendary since Mew (maybe), Jirachi, Celebi, Manaphy, Meloetta seem to be some kind of legendary cousins xD

There's always going to be the Semi-important Trio that will have some kind of side story or quest having to do with them (Regis, Birds, Beasts, Golems, Guardians, and Kamis)

There's always going to be those Legendaries that have a side story/quest but have nothing to do or no connection with the main story at all or not in a big way (Swords of Justice, Lunars, Eons, Heatran, Shaymin, and Victini)

And then theres the Legends that end the current National Dex (Arceus, Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and Genesect)

That's just how the series will continue to go, which means this Generation, if following the current formula, will have at least 7 Legends, and we already know 3 (third being Z Legend).
    I've bolded the unneeded legends IMO.
    Like most stuff in modern pokemon, these tradition came directly from gen 3. Hope it stops.

Edit - Actually, if you can catch Kyogre in x or y, I won't care how many legends will be there. I'll probably use Kogre only
    Last edited by carboncopy; 18th January 2013 at 4:47 PM.

Oh, whoops ! :P

Anyway,

I've bolded the unneeded legends IMO.
    Like most stuff in modern pokemon, these tradition came directly from gen 3. Hope it stops.

Edit - Actually, if you can catch Kyogre in x or y, I won't care how many legends will be there. I'll probably use Kogre only
    This is sorta what I was trying to say- less crappy un-needed legends, and just make the ones that there will be better, and with better storylines so that there are no gaps that need to be filled.

I hope that the mew/celebi/jirachi of gen 6 would be the original dragon of unova ! That would be cool imo.

I hope that the mew/celebi/jirachi of gen 6 would be the original dragon of unova ! That would be cool imo.
    This is what I was hoping they would do prior to BW2. They even had the potential to do it with the DNA splicers. Sadly it never happened

It wouldn't be cute, which is the entire reason. It isn't realistically possible anyway.

Is there a legendary Type we haven't seen yet? I can't think of a ground one...
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    or a poision one

Edit - Groudon says hi to you !

Landorus

Barring the use of plates there is no Poison type legendaries.

or a poision one

Edit - Groudon says hi to you !
    HI GROUDON!!!! Thanks I forgot about him... and Landorous.. I'm going to go hide under a rock in shame now..
    -sflytal

I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

My level 100s:

HI GROUDON!!!! Thanks I forgot about him... and Landorous.. I'm going to go hide under a rock in shame now..
    It's ok. We all make mistakes ! Not me, I'm the best

Less legendaries would be good imo, but if they did through a dozen or more at us. Please make the event based ones easier to get, this way I don't have to trek half way across my state I live in to get a certain poke... If things go will with the 3ds, they may or may not do what DOADD did with the automatic downloads. You start your 3ds and start playing pokemon and you see a green fellow (or mail person) standing out the pokecenter counter saying look what came in for you this week. filling the nat dex is hard enough without going through the headache of gathering all of the legendary pokemon.

;_; i'm talking about manaphy and mew ;_; i have them but not through legal gameplay.....
    Last edited by Nightblind249; 18th January 2013 at 5:33 PM.
    Choose your side

I want a legendary like Rotom, where we're 4 years after its debut and we still have no idea if it's a legendary or not.
    Y Team: Delphox, Venusaur (Mega), Blaziken, Absol, Aegislash, Florges
    PROUD TO DONATE GOOD POKEMON TO THE WONDER TRADE!
    But I swear to Arceus if you give me a Dedenne, I will find you.
    3DS Friend Code: 2036-7115-4768
    (my safari zone really sucks... sorry. IT HAS DEDENNE. STUPID KARMA.)
    <<R.I.P.
    HELLO HERE'S MY FANFICTION

Mod note: Signature should have have font size larger than 3.
    Lux note: You're right, it should.

I also talk about Pokemon stuffs here. (and the link works now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Luxvan View Post
    I want a legendary like Rotom, where we're 4 years after its debut and we still have no idea if it's a legendary or not.
    Urgh dont... call.... Rotom.... A FREAKIN legend !! It's a stupid ghost which posses home appliances ! thats not what lenegdaries do !

You know something about legendaries but how about the inspirations for the other legendaries?

Should their names could come from famous researchers and their discoveries? Something like Ampere and its type is electric (looks at Ampharos)?

If we are having legendaries, most likely it will be better if ALL of the legendaries are involved in a war against each other, like they did in the Hoenn saga like the Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza conflict. The other The Spirit trio of Sinnoh trying to stop Dilga and Palkia from destroying the planet just before Giratina banished Cyrus in sinnoh. But what could be more badass than KILLING/fighting til they faint the mascot trio in a triple battle to stop whatever chaos they are doing?

True, the Phantom siblings (Mew,Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin [land only], and Victini) legendary is certain to come. They ALWAYS follow the rule of cute and mystery. Though I wish THEY COULD at least be involved in the story. You get to meet them at a certain part of the story and aid you to stop the villain as well as getting their complete data WITHOUT having them on your party. Kind of like Mesprit topped with complete data.

They wasted such a grand opportunity with the musketeers in B2/W2 since seeing the three of them fighting Kyurem would have been badass and they have been kick***ed by Kyurem.

This idea may be crazy but what if the villain controlled the entire region's trio legendaries similarly like Ghetsis did to kyurem (**** this guy!) without even catching them. defeat them and they'll be free.

As for the numbers, I'm okay with how much. All I ask is to involve them in the story of the game
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    You know something about legendaries but how about the inspirations for the other legendaries?

Should their names could come from famous researchers and their discoveries? Something like Ampere and its type is electric (looks at Ampharos)?

If we are having legendaries, most likely it will be better if ALL of the legendaries are involved in a war against each other, like they did in the Hoenn saga like the Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza conflict. The other The Spirit trio of Sinnoh trying to stop Dilga and Palkia from destroying the planet just before Giratina banished Cyrus in sinnoh. But what could be more badass than KILLING/fighting til they faint the mascot trio in a triple battle to stop whatever chaos they are doing?

True, the Phantom siblings (Mew,Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin [land only], and Victini) legendary is certain to come. They ALWAYS follow the rule of cute and mystery. Though I wish THEY COULD at least be involved in the story. You get to meet them at a certain part of the story and aid you to stop the villain as well as getting their complete data WITHOUT having them on your party. Kind of like Mesprit topped with complete data.

They wasted such a grand opportunity with the musketeers in B2/W2 since seeing the three of them fighting Kyurem would have been badass and they have been kick***ed by Kyurem.

This idea may be crazy but what if the villain controlled the entire region's trio legendaries similarly like Ghetsis did to kyurem (**** this guy!) without even catching them. defeat them and they'll be free.

As for the numbers, I'm okay with how much. All I ask is to involve them in the story of the game
    ^this I like. Only 3 legends are actually involved in the story. The others are just used to star in movies or for events ( basically marketing ). I want them more in the story

Page 105 of 472 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast