Page 12 of 472 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Ah really? Thanks, I'm getting confused with people assuming X is Y because of the antlers.
    It's not the antlers, it's the position its forelegs are in. The antlers would be fine for both X and Y.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    That's true; I actually did think that the deer was Y when I first saw the trailer. But looking at the shape of the bird, one can then assume that the deer is X.
    Same here.

Also, something I noticed, this seems to be the first time (except maybe RS) that the mascot legendaries don't resemble each other in any way whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    Anyway.. here's another "x" I found. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/737/66904082.png
    that thing is the fruitiest creature ive ever seen.

....jus sayin, so it goes without saying that i will be getting "Y".

so we will get (at least) 5 more legendaries. (the 3rd trio member, the legendary trio and at least one event pokemon.)
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Also, something I noticed, this seems to be the first time (except maybe RS) that the mascot legendaries don't resemble each other in any way whatsoever.
    Even with RS, Kyogre had those red line-things and Groudon had those blue line-things running across their bodies. First time since GS, really.

I like it.

They should just have 5 legendaries, that's it. Too many legendaries makes the other pokemon look bad in my opinion.

I saw that people on P1 mentioned that it might be a game based on DNA, like X and Y chromosomes. But I'd like to suggest that the third legendary (b/c we know it's gonna exist eventually) would be a Z. Think about it:
    -Z follows logically from X and Y
    -The game is in 3-d, which is noted in Cartesian coordinates by (X,Y,Z).

Also interesting is the idea that Y can fly (it's up and down on a 2-D plane) and X and run (it's left and right), which makes possible abilities for Z kind of odd to guess.

I like the X deer the most, his typing is the one that eludes me the most. I'm guessing Ground/Psychic Type or Steel/Grass. o.e.. Steel/Psychic?
    The Y bird/phoenix looks awesome as well, I don't like it as much though :/ Reminds me of a last Gens bird duo. It has to be a dark/flying type, I see no other better fitting typing then that.

I loved Reshiram and Zekrom, and the new 6th gen duo/trio succeeded my expectations. This game looks nothing but pure gold so far for me.
    3DS FC: 2277-6826-8301

Looking for....
    Shiny Rayquaza from nobunaga event

Also, since this is the "Genetic Generation" I'm speculating that some Legendaries may all have something to do with the certain duo/trio/quartet they're in.

I also have a feeling that we're going to have a Cat-Based Legendary as well. And since the Region is based on France, it may have some Pokemon based off of Animals that are native to that Country as well!

EDIT: Which reminds me, has anyone noticed that this game happens to be called "Pokemon X"??? Like how in the Anime and Gen 1 (I think) Lugia was considered Pokemon X.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 8th January 2013 at 9:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I think the new legendaries look kind of dumb and repetitive, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by adam1990 View Post
    They should just have 5 legendaries, that's it. Too many legendaries makes the other pokemon look bad in my opinion.
    They should just do however many they feel is right. After all, not everyone is going to think other Pokemon look bad just because there a few special ones added into the mix.

Not like there is even that many anyways, around 7-8% total Pokemon are Legendary, each generations adds about 1% as well.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 8th January 2013 at 10:01 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by grodon909 View Post
    I saw that people on P1 mentioned that it might be a game based on DNA, like X and Y chromosomes. But I'd like to suggest that the third legendary (b/c we know it's gonna exist eventually) would be a Z. Think about it:

Also interesting is the idea that Y can fly (it's up and down on a 2-D plane) and X and run (it's left and right), which makes possible abilities for Z kind of odd to guess.
    The DNA is the only thing that is for sure. Look at the logos: http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/...0108a21533.png

Art has to be found within people, not within the walls of a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by grodon909 View Post

I was thinking of the Z/W chromosome system for birds, some fish and like that.

Although following the Norse clue there are not really two more characters to fit.
    Only if they take both Z/W as simple zigzag shapes (which is absolutely cowcrap) and go for the two serpents.

Good job Gamefreak, you've done well. Both X and Y look amazing. I'm really torn between the two myself as to which one I'll get. We'll have to see I guess.
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809
    IGN: Magnicth

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!
    I have claimed Relicanth!!!

^credit to PKMNrookie for the userbar!^

Am I the only one who likes the x one more? It's elegant appearance really gets me, filled up with them majestic horns. I'm assuming the X one to be psychic, and the bird one maybe dark? But that would give the dark one too much an advantage type wise, that barely happens. The looks are quite unique of both of em, yet not to complex. I hope that other legendaries in this generation are as good in their design and all give an unique twist to the current uber (or OU) metagame. Last gen's legends like the fighting trio and genesect felt kinda incomplete to me in their design, but if he other new legends look like this, I am gonna be amused. One more thing im wondering, is what their role in the story is gonna be. Their design differ allot, so It won't suprise me if their story lines are gonna be a little less on one line compared to previous games.

Is there a fan-name for these two? 'Cause I'm going with Xeer and Yoenix. Lol, dumb names, I know. XD

I'm probably going with X, because that deer is really, really beautiful. It somehow reminds me of Princess Mononoke.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake! View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the x one more? It's elegant appearance really gets me, filled up with them majestic horns. I'm assuming the X one to be psychic, and the bird one maybe dark? But that would give the dark one too much an advantage type wise, that barely happens. The looks are quite unique of both of em, yet not to complex. I hope that other legendaries in this generation are as good in their design and all give an unique twist to the current uber (or OU) metagame. Last gen's legends like the fighting trio and genesect felt kinda incomplete to me in their design, but if he other new legends look like this, I am gonna be amused. One more thing im wondering, is what their role in the story is gonna be. Their design differ allot, so It won't suprise me if their story lines are gonna be a little less on one line compared to previous games.
    Fire/Dark vs Water/Psy. problem solved

You know.. at first I thought "No way, the x one sucks.. definitely going on the y legendary", but I'm starting to think that X is deeper: it is spiritual, majestic, it has sort of divine in it.

Art has to be found within people, not within the walls of a museum.

types don't really matter... remember kyogre and groundon? and lugia had water attacks to beat ho-oh too.

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

I think new pokemon have the worst design ever i saw.. but i hope the legendaries will have a better design and attacks..
    The red legendarie is like a volcarona and a dragon fusion.. i think fire type with dragon and levitate.
    The blue one i think is the digifusion of suicune + stantler or sawsbuck. water type and psychic maybe
    Obviously will appear a green one like Rayquaza (Groundon = red), (Kyogre = blue) and (Rayquaza = Green)
    maybe this generation will be the color + letters or words feature (Black and white aren't exactly colors)

I also think that the legendaries can be based on some of the 12 labours of Hercules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules
    Number 3 Is a large hind with golden antlers, X
    Number 6 Are agressive metallic birds, Y

Z could be any of the 10 remaining, but the most likely would be 9(3+3+3) or 12(3*2*2)
    Number 9 is an amazonian queen with a girdle (boring)
    Number 12 is Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gate of Hell. (much better)

The reason I though of this as an alternative to the Yggdrasil theory is because Eagle-Squirrel-Dragon makes more sense there, as the Eagle is at the top, the dragon at the botton, and the squirrel runs between the two. This however leaves us with no eagle, and if Y isn't a dragon this doesn't add up.
    The same source also says that "[t]he squirrel called Ratatöskr runs up and down the length of the Ash, bearing envious words between the eagle and Nídhöggr [the snake] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%AD%C3%B0h%C3%B6ggr

Ok. I wonder about one thing.
    X is the horizontal axis and pokemon representing it is walking.
    Y is the vertical axis and pokemon representing it is flying.
    Z is the second horizontal axis that completes the 3 dimensions. How would Z move? Swim? Teleport?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Z is the second horizontal axis that completes the 3 dimensions. How would Z move? Swim? Teleport?
    I like that theory! Teleport seems to be the most plausible. I assume it would be a psychic type.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

I think your making to much filosophi

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I also think that the legendaries can be based on some of the 12 labours of Hercules: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules
    Number 3 Is a large hind with golden antlers, X
    Number 6 Are agressive metallic birds, Y

Z could be any of the 10 remaining, but the most likely would be 9(3+3+3) or 12(3*2*2)
    Number 9 is an amazonian queen with a girdle (boring)
    Number 12 is Cerberus, the three headed dog that guards the gate of Hell. (much better)

The reason I though of this as an alternative to the Yggdrasil theory is because Eagle-Squirrel-Dragon makes more sense there, as the Eagle is at the top, the dragon at the botton, and the squirrel runs between the two. This however leaves us with no eagle, and if Y isn't a dragon this doesn't add up.
    The same source also says that "[t]he squirrel called Ratatöskr runs up and down the length of the Ash, bearing envious words between the eagle and Nídhöggr [the snake] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%AD%C3%B0h%C3%B6ggr
    I would render the squirrel as a 600 total legendary like darkrai or genesect.

Hercules' labors do not have any intrinsic relations..

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Seeing how Y's in the sky and X is on land, Z'll likely be in the sea.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Page 12 of 472 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast