Page 14 of 472 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

These are my favorite main legendaries of a pokemon game so far, they are so unique!

They aren't really too unique, as the Y legendary looks a lot like ho-oh( and the helmaroc king from LoZ wind waker), and the X legendary looks a lot like stantler, but definetly my favourite legendaries so far besides kyurem's black and white forms...I'm definetly going for Pokemon X...
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by Dracia View Post
    Maybe the third one could be unbreedable with two genders?
    You can't breed legendaries.

I wonder how they're going to incorporate DNA, since the planes of X and Y are more thought-out. Maybe the DNA Splicer will return or something.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I think the new legendaries look great so far! I like both of them, but I think I like the X legendary better. It immediately reminded me of the forest spirit from Princess Mononoke.
    I like the idea of the Norse mythology, though I don't know much about it. But it seems like it would fit, though it might mean another dragon type legendary as the 3rd legend. I'm still not sure what I think of the DNA/chromosome theory though. I'll have to mull that over for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    The story behind "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y", I don't think it has to do something with "male-female". It sounds to me more like the 3 dimensions (ironically, the 3D) of space. Which means, if the two first games are X and Y, then the "possible third" game would be "Pokemon Z". Don't you think? The male-female stuff makes me think that it will be a lot of "transgender" in this games, and that doesn't sound as something characteristic from Pokemon's world.

The Legendary Pokemon that represent the new games, I think their "connection" will be similar to the one between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I mean, a connection between "land", "sea" and "sky". The red one seems like a Dragon/Flying Pokemon that represents "sky", while the blue one looks like a deer with a Grass/Psychic type combination. So, the third legendary should be an animal able to form a "Z" with its body and related with the "sea". How about a Water/Dragon Pokemon that looks like a Sea Serpent, similar to Gyarados?

Opinions?
    Personally, I think it won't just be a reference to the dimensions, as I can easily see them tying genetics into the plot of the games. X and Y chromosomes are commonly used to determine the sexes of brids and mammals(the X and Y legendaries), while Z and W chromosomes are used to determine the sexes of some birds, fish, crustaceans, and giant river spawn(tying into the possible land-sky-sea theme).
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    They aren't really too unique, as the Y legendary looks a lot like ho-oh( and the helmaroc king from LoZ wind waker), and the X legendary looks a lot like stantler, but definetly my favourite legendaries so far besides kyurem's black and white forms...I'm definetly going for Pokemon X...
    How does it look "a lot" like Ho-Oh? Colours are fairly different for one. Ho-Oh doesn't have claws on it's wings. Ho-Oh doesn't have horns. Back are different. Pretty sure Y doesn't even have a beak, at least not one as noticeable as Ho-Oh's. Pretty much only thing similar about them is they both have wings...which are fairly different even still.

Not much similar between X and Stantler either, besides standing on four legs and having antlers, all of which is fairly different.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by kadabrium View Post
    You mean stantler?
    no i actually meant sawsbuck, my bad

Also, I'm hoping we'll have two different locations for legendary battles in these games, similar to Gold and Silver where Lugia and Ho-oh were battled on opposite ends of the region. I'd like the plot to still be fairly consistent between the games, though.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Wow. First time ever I've liked both legendaries. Very very cool. I hope that I'm just as impressed with the rest of gen VI, can't wait for the sugimori art and names for these two!

I'm inclined to think that the bird is Dark/Flying, just has that appearance. The stag I could guess at being part steel maybe, it looks very metallic.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Y looks like Ho-oh? If anything, it looks more like Lugia, what with the claw/hand-wing things and the dragon-like face.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    How does it look "a lot" like Ho-Oh? Colours are fairly different for one. Ho-Oh doesn't have claws on it's wings. Ho-Oh doesn't have horns. Back are different. Pretty sure Y doesn't even have a beak, at least not one as noticeable as Ho-Oh's. Pretty much only thing similar about them is they both have wings...which are fairly different even still.

Not much similar between X and Stantler either, besides standing on four legs and having antlers, all of which is fairly different.
    Y At least seems to have a beak, not as conspicuous as hooh's though

Anyone else think the new legendaries have a Legend of Zelda feel to them?

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    Y looks like Ho-oh? If anything, it looks more like Lugia, what with the claw/hand-wing things and the dragon-like face.
    Hooh+lugia+giratina-o

Fire/Dark vs Water/Psy. problem solved
    Good one, could be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    types don't really matter... remember kyogre and groundon? and lugia had water attacks to beat ho-oh too.
    Exactly, that's why I didn't let it out. But groudon and kyogre are still an exception compared to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydonia View Post
    You know.. at first I thought "No way, the x one sucks.. definitely going on the y legendary", but I'm starting to think that X is deeper: it is spiritual, majestic, it has sort of divine in it.
    Exactly. I kinda directly fell in love with it on first sight. When i saw it I was totally blewn away by it's majestic hypnotizing glowing horns, and it's cool elegent body (but not to feminine looking or something) and it's good colors (I remember liking palkia but being unhappy about it's color)

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleBoy View Post
    The third legendary is probably gonna be purple. A mix of red and blue.
    Called Z Tough that won't fit the chromoson thing

I can see Dark-Flying for Y and Steel-Psychic maybe for X. I like them both but X is a little better.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Y At least seems to have a beak, not as conspicuous as hooh's though
    Regardless if it has a beak or not, it looks nothing like Ho-Oh's.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I think that the DNA stuff is related to the cromossoms X (female) and Y (male). Although that the X pokemon remembers me of women because of elegance and the Y pokemon brings me to men 'cause the brutality WHAT DO YOU THINK?

__________________________________________________ _
    Pokemon X Version Friend Code: 5043 3821 1755

For peeps who have been complaining they don't see the X on the Elk. It's less obvious than the Y, but there it is.

mascot2.jpg

Also to whoever saying the Elk's head looks like Dialga's, I say it more looks like Kingdra's head. But that is nitpicking.

The legendaries look super awesome IMO.

They may have a DNA plot with fossil pokemon, what would be cool. Like the fissil revive machines use the power of these pokemon to revive fossils and the new vilain team will try to do something with them, so that they can make mindless revived fossils that will destroi anything

They may have a DNA plot with fossil pokemon, what would be cool. Like the fissil revive machines use the power of these pokemon to revive fossils and the new vilain team will try to do something with them, so that they can make mindless revived fossils that will destroi anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    I think that the DNA stuff is related to the cromossoms X (female) and Y (male). Although that the X pokemon remembers me of women because of elegance and the Y pokemon brings me to men 'cause the brutality WHAT DO YOU THINK?
    For its own sake, i suppose it's the opposite and the theme is gender bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake! View Post
    Good one, could be a good option.

Exactly, that's why I didn't let it out. But groudon and kyogre are still an exception compared to the rest.

Exactly. I kinda directly fell in love with it on first sight. When i saw it I was totally blewn away by it's majestic hypnotizing glowing horns, and it's cool elegent body (but not to feminine looking or something) and it's good colors (I remember liking palkia but being unhappy about it's color)

Called Z Tough that won't fit the chromoson thing
    that is why I DON'T BELIEVE in a 3rd pokemon... I think that is too much used at this time... trilogy are epic but there are already 3

This is really interesting:

In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows.[5] The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

I can see the connection of the Deer and the XX (female) chromosome really.

For its own sake, i suppose it's the opposite and the theme is gender bias.
    if there were a third pokemon (which I don't believe) it would be hermafrodite... lol

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    For peeps who have been complaining they don't see the X on the Elk. It's less obvious than the Y, but there it is.

mascot2.jpg

Also to whoever saying the Elk's head looks like Dialga's, I say it more looks like Kingdra's head. But that is nitpicking.

The legendaries look super awesome IMO.
    If you look very carefully in the video, there's even an X in the X elk's eye in the closeup. I spotted this by chance when I was re-watching it.
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Page 14 of 472 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast