Page 147 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    However, looks aren't everything when it comes to a Pokémon's type. How many people do you think could look at Azurill for the first time and correctly guess that it is a Normal-type?

That's why I think that Yveltal will be Fighting/Flying. It would give him a unique type combination, and it fits with the neuron/muscle theory, as I've explained previously. Plus, it seems like the kind of unexpected, out-of-the-box thing that Game Freak would do.
    I know there are exceptions but the vast majority of Pokemons typing makes sense or at least suggests it. Yveltal as a Fighting/Flying doesn't make any sense.
    As for uniqueness and unexpected, I don't see GF minding to keep something usual if it fits the Pokemon concept. Ho-ho is Fire/Flying and Palkia is Water/Dragon and, unlike the 4th and 5th gen legendaries, Yveltal and Xerneas don't look like they would bring up any new combinations to the table.
    I didn't read your neuron/muscle theory btw, but from what I've read from people here, it didn't look realistic. Unless I'm missing some important arguments.

If it turns out to be Fighting/Flying, I'll give you extra 50 cents. And a ribbon. xD

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    I know there are exceptions but the vast majority of Pokemons typing makes sense or at least suggests it. Yveltal as a Fighting/Flying doesn't make any sense.
    As for uniqueness and unexpected, I don't see GF minding to keep something usual if it fits the Pokemon concept. Ho-ho is Fire/Flying and Palkia is Water/Dragon and, unlike the 4th and 5th gen legendaries, Yveltal and Xerneas don't look like they would bring up any new combinations to the table.
    I didn't read your neuron/muscle theory btw, but from what I've read from people here, it didn't look realistic. Unless I'm missing some important arguments.

If it turns out to be Fighting/Flying, I'll give you extra 50 cents. And a ribbon. xD
    well i believe that theory is correct except just because he is a muscle doesn't mean he has to be fightin/flying
    i am 100% certain he will be dark/flying

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well i believe that theory is correct except just because he is a muscle doesn't mean he has to be fightin/flying
    It doesn't mean that he has to be Fighting/Flying, but it is a strong correlation, and it would be unique to him unlike other popular guesses such as Dark/Flying (Murkrow/Honchkrow, Vullaby/Mandibuzz), Dark/Dragon (Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon), and Dark/Fire (Houndour/Houndoom).

On what grounds? I'm curious.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

You do realize you can never be 100% certain especially if you're basing the type around a Pokemon's appearance? I mean I still have friends who think Palkia is Psychic/Dragon based on the fact that it is purple. And I do remember people being wrong when there was info on gen V's pokemon and assumed types based on appearances. I mean Yveltal does look a bit evil (given that the word Y'vel implies evil), but its overall design certainly involves the colour red, black cracks that appear to look like blood vessels. Thus the muscle theme is quite a nice touch in contrast to Xerneas' nerve theme. It would be hilarious if it took both yours and Endolise's theories into account and was Dark/Fighting with Levitate ability. Or TrollFreak could just say that this is another Dragon type to cause ****storms around here lol.

It doesn't mean that he has to be Fighting/Flying, but it is a strong correlation, and it would be unique to him unlike other popular guesses such as Dark/Flying (Murkrow/Honchkrow, Vullaby/Mandibuzz), Dark/Dragon (Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon), and Dark/Fire (Houndour/Houndoom).

On what grounds? I'm curious.
    grounds of what?
    i am still fairly certain he will be dark/flying

grounds of what?
    i am still fairly certain he will be dark/flying
    Yes, I know; I'm asking why you think that.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    It's logical in any situation that a game with X and Y in alternate titles would have a Z game after it,
    Like Pokemon Gray...but wait!?

It's logical in any situation that a game with X and Y in alternate titles would have a Z game after it, so how would they do that without a 'Z' legendary, if an X and Y legendary exists?
    The same way they did without the Original Dragon, I'd imagine. They could just as easily go the chromosomal route and name the sequels XX and XY.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

The same way they did without the Original Dragon, I'd imagine. They could just as easily go the chromosomal route and name the sequels XX and XY.
    Or they could pull and Venomoth/Volcarona and just have it be Dark/Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    Or they could pull and Venomoth/Volcarona and just have it be Dark/Fire.
    I'm not sure I follow... how does that pertain to a Z Legendary/Original Dragon equivalent?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I'm not sure I follow...
    Both Volcarona and Venomoth fly in their sprite animations but have no types or abilities that benefit that factor.

They could just as easily go the chromosomal route and name the sequels XX and XY.
    That's what i think it gonna happen.
    I can see a third pokemon with big gender differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Coller23 View Post
    Both Volcarona and Venomoth fly in their sprite animations but have no types or abilities that benefit that factor.
    Well, I assume that you meant to respond to my earlier post, but in any event, Volcarona and Venomoth are different from Yveltal in that they both evolve from Pokémon of their own types that do not fly; Yveltal is a Legendary with no prior stages and hence, does not have a non-flying predecessor like Volcarona and Venomoth.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

I think GF are gonna troll again and constantly mention the OD. Goddamit GF, just let me have my OD already!

SO anyway, I'm hoping these legends are gendered, like Lati@s, and a Heatran like 'Z' poke. (It can be both genders.)

Could someone explain all these "OD" etc. things that people keep talking about?!

I'm really hoping the legendaries are kept to a minimum this gen. I mean, we are likely to have a minimum of 6 (3 event legendaries and the mascot trio) but I hope they only have 1 or 2 more following that. Although probably, we will get another standlone, another trio, and possibly another group, but thats just my thoughts.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Could someone explain all these "OD" etc. things that people keep talking about?!
    The "OD" refers to the "Original Dragon" from which Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem were said to have split. (Although technically, the Original Dragon would be Kyurem, just in a completed Forme after having absorbed both Reshiram and Zekrom).
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

^ Oh I'm so stupid! I should have known that >.<

This has probably been brought up countless times, but do you think with the Nintendo DLC thats available now, that GameFreak will infact not include the event legendaries? So we really can't know those legendaries before they are revealed? Then they just release a download to add them to the game?

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    ^ Oh I'm so stupid! I should have known that >.<

This has probably been brought up countless times, but do you think with the Nintendo DLC thats available now, that GameFreak will infact not include the event legendaries? So we really can't know those legendaries before they are revealed? Then they just release a download to add them to the game?
    While this sounds more exciting, i feel like GF would do a bit of both, being able to catch a couple legends (main game legend, trios, etc.) through the game and then getting the random legendaries through DLC, it would keep fans interested in the long run

AMPHAROS FOREVER. I'm going to have a fit if you cant catch a early on in X and Y!!!

Click on the egg to help it hatch! Trying to get a mareep! P.S. Feel free to click on my other Pokemon too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharoid View Post
    While this sounds more exciting, i feel like GF would do a bit of both, being able to catch a couple legends (main game legend, trios, etc.) through the game and then getting the random legendaries through DLC, it would keep fans interested in the long run

I love that idea. Kind of like how they did dlc for the new fire emblem and you had to beat a few missions to get new characters, only with pokemon.... genius
    I claim Leafeon, Hydreigon & Volcarona!

Spoiler:

Pokemon have so much potential with DLCs. Thank god Pokemon isn't published by EA, Nintendo gives a lot of free DLCs.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    Pokemon have so much potential with DLCs. Thank god Pokemon isn't published by EA, Nintendo gives a lot of free DLCs.
    pokemon could go so far if they introduced DLC
    i have a feeling event pokemon would be released over DLC instead of mystery gift possibly
    like a few months after the games release, people with X could download Yveltal, and people with Y could download Xerneas
    or any other new legendaries

With DLC, they could make entire new places and download them onto your cartridge. If there was a big, huge game of all the regions, DLC new ones to the cartridge, but have an expansion pack price.

With DLC, they could make entire new places and download them onto your cartridge. If there was a big, huge game of all the regions, DLC new ones to the cartridge, but have an expansion pack price.
    i could see that happening
    i think there might be exclusive legendaries like genesect released this way as well

Hmmm DLC sounds pretty cool for extra legendaries. Lets hope this gen doesn't give us too many legendaries.

I think I see Yvetal being a Fire type with a dual type maybe Dark. We only have Houndour and Houndoom as a Fire/Dark type so that would be cool if we got a Legendary Fire/Dark type.
    ~Credits to SwornMetalhead for the Banner~

The DLC releasing extra legendaries would make collecting Pokemon a lot more interesting, that's for sure.
    Ghosts Rule!
        Spoiler:- Plans for X/Y:

Page 147 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast