Page 15 of 472 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    This is really interesting:

In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows.[5] The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

I can see the connection of the Deer and the XX (female) chromosome really.
    You could just have said those Valkyriur. Close enough

have you though that this time it doesn't have to be a mith of DESTRUCTION AND CAOS? I think the gender aspect would be cool, really cool! X & Y (female & male) it doesn't have to be VS...

Do you remember the whole huge fan thing of Ho-oh and dogs
    Lugia and birds!
    Look at X's legs, they look like bleepin swords! Sacred sword anyone. Creator of Musketeer group anyone?
    Landorus + Tornadus + Thundurus = Y
    Four points of X, four musketeers. Three kamis, three points in Y
    They say if you press cntrl and W you get to see the programming of a website after making a signature with 3 ws and 8qs
    Fanfics I like that are still in production: Author's Run, Pokémon emerald the better version

This the aquabats song awesome forces:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx4sL0w3SHM
    and here is their song shark fighter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wchrctxFo

I NEED A BETA READER!
    Check out my fic.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post14945242

My typing guess: X - Normal; Y - Fire/Poison.
    X looks like it could be any of around 15 type combinations. That's why I think it will be Normal.
    Fire/Poison would be an rare type combination and the legendaries tend to have them unless they are monotyped. I think it fits Y's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I agree. Norse + Chromosomes would be really unique.

I like them both, but I prefer the bird. It's like a big black-and-red wyvern-ey condor, and I LOVE condors.
    Factor that in With The Genetic code vibe I get from the titles
    Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh Macarena, Macarena, Macarena. Oh I HATE the Macarena!

Black FC: 0389-8081-4375
    White FC: 3009-7392-4895
    Black 2 FC: 2323-3950-3357
    White 2 FC: 2967-6401-6065
    3DS FC: 0173-1521-1168 (Witha FS Of Rock containing Pupitar, Dweeble and Barbaracle)

This is really interesting:

In the classical period of Greek mythology, Artemis (Greek: (nominative) Ἄρτεμις, (genitive) Ἀρτέμιδος) was often described as the daughter of Zeus and Leto, and the twin sister of Apollo. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows.[5] The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

I can see the connection of the Deer and the XX (female) chromosome really.
    Well that was a big stretch. You could just as easily find some male god somewhere represented as a deer.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    Lugia and birds!
    Look at X's legs, they look like bleepin swords! Sacred sword anyone. Creator of Musketeer group anyone?
    I was also thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    If you look very carefully in the video, there's even an X in the X elk's eye in the closeup. I spotted this by chance when I was re-watching it.
    I was just about to post this. I guess the bird has a Y shaped pupil.

My guess is that X is grass/dragon and Y is psychic(or dark)/dragon, just going on past legendaries whose types have not quite suited their looks(zekrom, reshiram, palkia) and also the running theme of (interesting type)/dragon cover legends. And I hazard a wild guess at a (ground or rock)/dragon as hypothetical Z, if the rest of my guesswork is close. If not i have no clue but i am incredibly excited either way. I love everything I've seen of this gen so far more than any other.
    I can help with RNG for gen 4 & 5

I was thinking about the legendaries, the chromosome thing, and the norse mythology, and it ocurred to me. Story wise, this game has a lot of potential. The legendaries look more like Deities than previous ones (X has an Arceus vibe to him, even), and given the possibility of the Yggdrasil mythos, this could really step up in terms of story. I said before that revolving the story around Ragnarok would be cool, but revolving it around creation and life itself would be just as cool, and would fit with the Yggdrasil mythos AND the chromosome theme. Was thinking something along the lines of, instead of trying to use the legendaries themselves, the evil team is trying to manipulate life using the Yggdrasil, and the legendaries, being guardians, would join you to beat the team and protect Yggdrasil. I'd love to see that!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Well that was a big stretch. You could just as easily find some male god somewhere represented as a deer.
    It's not that big of a stretch. I had Greek Mythology in school, I thought of it when I saw the deer and I found out about the chromosome thing. If you know Greek mythology you know it's not that big of a stretch.

It's not that big of a stretch. I had Greek Mythology in school, I thought of it when I saw the deer and I found out about the chromosome thing. If you know Greek mythology you know it's not that big of a stretch.
    That's what I'm saying, arbitrarily relating it to Greek Mythology is a stretch.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Where are people coming up with /Dragon for either of the mascots? Neither of them look reptilian in the slightest. Y is allowed to fly without being a dragon.

I think its time we get a Poison legendary, even if its only a half type. We haven't gotten one of those yet Xp

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    That's what I'm saying, arbitrarily relating it to Greek Mythology is a stretch.
    agree because it is european religion... I don't know anymore... AHHHHHH!

For trolling, can y accually fly with its tail and one of its wings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomknight View Post
    Lugia and birds!
    I think thats a bit too coincedental O_o
    I dont see them being related, just with the "sword legs" x is pointy looking so thats why I think the deer has those legs instead of normal ones, same how the bird had the wings and tail at the Y length.
    Even so the Musketeers swords done look like real swords, just overgrown horns imo
    Pokemon Y friend code is : 4184 2936 5727
    Electric friend safari with Dedenne, Pikachu and Luxio

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Where are people coming up with /Dragon for either of the mascots? Neither of them look reptilian in the slightest. Y is allowed to fly without being a dragon.
    People just think that Legendary Pokemon must be dragons. I think we need a change of pace. Gen 4 and 5 both used dragons, lets move on.

Quote Originally Posted by kadabrium View Post
    For trolling, can y accually fly with its tail and one of its wings?
    Probably.

Dont forget Rayquaza XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zexiontwo View Post
    Dont forget Rayquaza XD
    Rayquaza was the sole dragon in a trio, it's not so bad there.

You know the more I roll it around in my head, the more epic I find Mascot Y.

Mascot X, is pretty neat, it has this space, rainbow, awesome aspect to it, and it's quadruped animal, like a deer or something. But I can't help but think Mascot Y is far more epic in terms of appearance, and badassery. This thing is a giant red bird creature, could easily be considered a bird themed dragon. And it looks like something you really don't want to mess with. This thing seemingly rivals Rayquaza as king of the sky, though Rayquaza is more of a guardian of Earth type situation.

Mascot Y, is something I'd see in Zelda, dwarfing even the Helmaroc King.

As for types:

I think Mascot X is going to be part psychic maybe steel to really give it that futuristic look it has.

Mascot Y- I don't know if it'll be part flying but it would make sense, but I definitely see it having a dark type. Maybe even Dragon. Such as Dark/Dragon. I really think however the Deer won't be part Dragon, just doesn't seem likely to me. But I do want something different.

This of course assuming that they don't have brand new types because Mascot X and Mascot Y, seemingly have this emanation that they do possess types that we don't even know about.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I like how the bird definitely resembles the 'Y'. The two front legs on the other can be made out to resemble the other part of 'X'(based on the fact those are the first parts of its body we saw). Overall I can't wait to see the other legends, the game will be AWESOME!!!
    Black 2: 3912-5352-6130
    Black: 3997-5825-5339
    SoulSilver: 5070-9012-4813
    Platinum:1118-8612-4985

I think X looks too much like this, but it sure fits the DNA theme... Y is so cool and weird, but I think I like X better. I also noticed that these guys look like fusions. Y looks like a Mandibuzz, Terrakion, Braviary and Archeops fused, and X looks like Dialga, Kingdra, Sawsbuck and Zebstrika fused. I also came up with nicknames for them: Xelk (elk) and Ygle (eagle).
    White FC: 5157 9203 9684 .......White Team:
    White 2 FC: 0090 0222 0502.......White 2 Team:
    Looking for: SHINIES
    My shinies:
    Lots of Keldeo and Genesect for trade!
    I am Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This of course assuming that they don't have brand new types because Mascot X and Mascot Y, seemingly have this emanation that they do possess types that we don't even know about.
    They haven't added any types since Gen 2, there's no need for doing so. What we've got now is balanced, adding more types would just create chaos. Dark and Steel were added in specifically to balance the original types *cough*Psychic*cough*.

It would be interesting to have a poison legendary finally, though not my preferred type it could be a great addition to the new Gens teams.

As far as typing goes "Y" looks overwhelmingly part Flying type, if it were to have a second typing id go with dark or fire mostly due to its color. And for "X" id say psychic and poison, the reason poison comes to mind to me is beacause of the sort of shine or rainbow light that seems to luminate off of its "antlers". Its almost hypnotic and seems to pull in my attention which is what some wild plants that are venomous tend to do or venomous animals use as a way to attract prey.
    3DS FC: 3496-9740-3964
    SHINYS (NOT FOR TRADE) : Wishcash (September 29th, 2009), Sliggoo (October 20th, 2013), Magmar (November 8th, 2013), Sliggoo (November 8th, 2013), Braixen (November 9th,2013), Frogadier (November 10th, 2013)

Page 15 of 472 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast