Page 153 of 472 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

I want to see a reptile trio

legendaries need more variety.
    i would like to see Z as poison.
    team_magma93

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    legendaries need more variety.
    i would like to see Z as poison.
    i concur with your statement
    also if he is part rock that would be cool

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    i concur with your statement
    also if he is part rock that would be cool
    Or steel. poison/steel with levitate :3
    I can dream

FEAR US.

Spoiler:- Credits and other stuff.:

I would like to see a legendary with no weaknessess with really good stats. The only two pokemon without weaknessess are spiritomb and elektross but their stats are'nt that great I've noticed while training them; especially the defence and special defence which kind of defeated the purpose of having no weakness.
    Favorite Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Fennekin1 View Post
    I would like to see a legendary with no weaknessess with really good stats. The only two pokemon without weaknessess are spiritomb and elektross but their stats are'nt that great I've noticed while training them; especially the defence and special defence which kind of defeated the purpose of having no weakness.
    There's also Sableye(And Eelektross' pre-evolutions, which I guess it implied anyways). I don't see what's wrong with their stats, obviously they aren't without a draw back, every Pokemon has to have one. Sableye is really the only one with poor stats(75 being the highest base stat). Spiritomb has 108 in Defense and Special Defense, pretty sure that's good, Eelektross is around average for fully evolved Pokemon. Eelektross also has 115 Attack and 105 Defense, which seems good to me. The only thing they lack is Speed(50 being the highest base stat), HP isn't that good for Sableye or Spiritomb either(Eelektross has 85 at least).

The fact they have no type weaknesses means something about them has to suffer, I don't think they want to create a Pokemon that has no real weakness to work with, with these Pokemon it's pretty much HP and Speed that serve as their weakness(Plus they don't really have that many Resistances and Immunities, 4 total for all three). Any future no type weakness Pokemon; Legendary or not, will most likely suffer in at least one stat to hold it back so it wont be too over powered.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    There's also Sableye(And Eelektross' pre-evolutions, which I guess it implied anyways). I don't see what's wrong with their stats, obviously they aren't without a draw back, every Pokemon has to have one. Sableye is really the only one with poor stats(75 being the highest base stat). Spiritomb has 108 in Defense and Special Defense, pretty sure that's good, Eelektross is around average for fully evolved Pokemon. Eelektross also has 115 Attack and 105 Defense, which seems good to me. The only thing they lack is Speed(50 being the highest base stat), HP isn't that good for Sableye or Spiritomb either(Eelektross has 85 at least).

The fact they have no type weaknesses means something about them has to suffer, I don't think they want to create a Pokemon that has no real weakness to work with, with these Pokemon it's pretty much HP and Speed that serve as their weakness(Plus they don't really have that many Resistances and Immunities, 4 total for all three). Any future no type weakness Pokemon; Legendary or not, will most likely suffer in at least one stat to hold it back so it wont be too over powered.
    yes, but I just think it would be interesting to see. I wouldn't mind if they banned it from most wi-fi battles to make up for it, or something like that.
    Favorite Team:

I bet you can breed Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (Xerneas and Yveltal) together. After all it would only make sense, since X and Y obviously refer to the compatible sex chromosomes.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/tahegy.png[/IMG]

The New Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Pookey-man View Post
    I bet you can breed Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (Xerneas and Yveltal) together. After all it would only make sense, since X and Y obviously refer to the compatible sex chromosomes.
    That does make sense, but that probably would not happen because as far as I know no legendary can be bred. I don't think the creators would change that
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingCharizard39 View Post
    That does make sense, but that probably would not happen because as far as I know no legendary can be bred. I don't think the creators would change that
    One word: Manaphy

Quote Originally Posted by Pookey-man View Post
    And the child will be the main legendary from the game Pokemon XX and XY.

I was just watching the trailer again where they show the starters , Xerneas and Yveltal and it hit me what if Xerneas is the big mom on the Swords of justice????
    Looking Good!
    Would you like a "Signature" like mine?, contact me

i wasnt a fan of them but i doubt they would connect the swords of justice with this generations.
    team_magma93

Personally, I quite like the ideas of Light and Sound types, as it would give current Pokemon some coverage of some types (change every move affected by Soundproof to Soudn type, with the exception of Relic Song, Grass Whistle and maybe Perish Song.) Improve Soundproof to block all Sound moves, and add a 'Blind' ability that will stop Light Moves. The Eagle in the myth was blind, and it's supposed Poke-Counterpart Yvetal has blue eyes, a hint of blindness. It'd be a great way to showcase types, sticking them on the cover legends.

Xerneas, is shown with light around it, has light 'crystals' on it's Antlers, and doesn't make a sound.
    Yvetal, is the only Pokemon to make a sound, and looks blind, and so is the Ygraasidal Eagle.

It's also said that the Eagle could stare into the soul. Ghost/Sound, anyone?

And whoever brings up 'They can't make it, moves already covers it!' is wrong. They changed Karate Chop and Sand Attack to Fighting and Ground between gens, and changed the normal type bite to dark. And they also changed Magnemite into a Steel/Eectric, instead of just Electric.

If this happens, I'd like 'Z' and 'W' or 'XY' and 'XX' to happen, to keep the types. I'd never seen them introduce FOUR types. Now that's just stupid.

I would like new types, but please, don't start up this controversy again, I've started it several times and I'm sick of it, the fighting and how harsh people get for little reason.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Personally, I quite like the ideas of Light and Sound types, as it would give current Pokemon some coverage of some types (change every move affected by Soundproof to Soudn type, with the exception of Relic Song, Grass Whistle and maybe Perish Song.) Improve Soundproof to block all Sound moves, and add a 'Blind' ability that will stop Light Moves. The Eagle in the myth was blind, and it's supposed Poke-Counterpart Yvetal has blue eyes, a hint of blindness. It'd be a great way to showcase types, sticking them on the cover legends.

Xerneas, is shown with light around it, has light 'crystals' on it's Antlers, and doesn't make a sound.
    Yvetal, is the only Pokemon to make a sound, and looks blind, and so is the Ygraasidal Eagle.

It's also said that the Eagle could stare into the soul. Ghost/Sound, anyone?

And whoever brings up 'They can't make it, moves already covers it!' is wrong. They changed Karate Chop and Sand Attack to Fighting and Ground between gens, and changed the normal type bite to dark. And they also changed Magnemite into a Steel/Eectric, instead of just Electric.

If this happens, I'd like 'Z' and 'W' or 'XY' and 'XX' to happen, to keep the types. I'd never seen them introduce FOUR types. Now that's just stupid.
    I personally don't think any new types are necessary. They already have a functional system that works quite well. Dark and Steel were in Gen 2 because the Dark type was needed to nullify Psychic, which was uber back in the day. Both Dark and Steel were made so Fighting types would have a purpose besides taking out Normal types and Normal Types alone. The reason the types have stayed the same is because Nintendo/Game Freak knew the system was complete as of right then, and there was no need to change it. Since the system still works well, why add two new types and possibly screw up the system (I.e. make one type uber, make a type have a very heavy disadvantage). However, maybe if there was a way to add in a type without screwing up the system and allow the Poison type to have more advantages, then it could be welcomed well.
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

If they add types, then it's the perfect opportunity for them to balance out the chart. Hey, if you want, I can make a revised chart and post it tomorrow/Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    If they add types, then it's the perfect opportunity for them to balance out the chart. Hey, if you want, I can make a revised chart and post it tomorrow/Sunday
    My personal distaste to new types would be an inbalanced metagame. To top that, there wouldn't nearly be enough of those types to be viable in gyms. (I really would not like to see a gym of the Gastly family and a single Misdreavous again.) Don't take it too personally, but as it stands it's highly unlikely.

Serebii lurker since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleu View Post
    My personal distaste to new types would be an inbalanced metagame. To top that, there wouldn't nearly be enough of those types to be viable in gyms. (I really would not like to see a gym of the Gastly family and a single Misdreavous again.) Don't take it too personally, but as it stands it's highly unlikely.
    I agree. Pokemon has progressed too far, and there are too many of them to introduce a new type. If they did, it would take a while for enough numbers of Pokemon with those types to build up and be equal with the other types.

Instead of new types, I think they'll be focusing on new type combinations, which makes more sense.

The only new type speculation that wouldn't disrupt the balance would be that type that doubled the weaknesses/resistances of the primary type. Like, water/newtype would be 4x weak to electric but 4x resistant to fire. I don't like the idea, but it would have the least impact on everything.

November 2014

Signatures by darside34 @deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Maya The Awesome View Post
    The chart is balanced. i could be wrong but i dont see anything wrong with it.
    team_magma93

I think we have stumbled upon Game Freak's inspiration for this Generations legends and history. There is too much evidence too ignore this, and i think there is a 99.9% chance that this will be what the games will be based around. Hearing about how there is a serpent pokemon that could represent "Z" is super exciting and we don't have any pokemon like it. And from screenshots of the game, the region seems to be inspired by Europe and this mythology could easily correspond with this Generation. Adding in that Game Freak has been 'exploring' basing the regions outside of Japan(Gen V) this makes it even more likely

Quote Originally Posted by letsflyy View Post
    I think we have stumbled upon Game Freak's inspiration for this Generations legends and history. There is too much evidence too ignore this, and i think there is a 99.9% chance that this will be what the games will be based around. Hearing about how there is a serpent pokemon that could represent "Z" is super exciting and we don't have any pokemon like it. And from screenshots of the game, the region seems to be inspired by Europe and this mythology could easily correspond with this Generation. Adding in that Game Freak has been 'exploring' basing the regions outside of Japan(Gen V) this makes it even more likely

It would be interesting if they had a z pokemon. they probably would because z comes after y in the alphabet.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by adl222 View Post
    The chart is balanced. i could be wrong but i don't see anything wrong with it.
    It's not. Poison is very outclassed offensively and Ice is very outclassed defensively.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    It's not. Poison is very outclassed offensively and Ice is very outclassed defensively.
    If we can survive four generations of no type changes, then I'm sure we can live through another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I agree... I would like to have a poison type pokemon in my teams, hu.
    I planned to get Seviper in my Emerald game, but those attack and all those stats...
    However, I didn't really observe that Ice has low defensive stats.
    It should become Ice is hard.

...But how could adding new types would balance the chart ? Weakness against Poison ? It doesn't change the stats...
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

If Ice had more resistances then it would be a bit overpowered because not only already it's a great type offensively but adding resistances would make it like Gen 1 Psychics. And Poison is actually nice defensively move wise. You can't expect every type to be perfect. And plus types aren't the only thing that judges how balanced Pokemon is lol.

Page 153 of 472 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast