Page 182 of 472 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chuoskua View Post
    My head just exploded.
    Those pics failed

People may have already told this, but I think the whole X & Y thing is connected to the 3D Axis X,Y and Z thingies.
    This makes sense, because the game will be released for the Nintendo 3DS.
    So...I may dare to say that they may even make a pokemon Z game.But it is too early to talk about anything newer, since X & Y aren't even out, so...

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowCrystal View Post
    People may have already told this, but I think the whole X & Y thing is connected to the 3D Axis X,Y and Z thingies.
    This makes sense, because the game will be released for the Nintendo 3DS.
    So...I may dare to say that they may even make a pokemon Z game.But it is too early to talk about anything newer, since X & Y aren't even out, so...
    Yes we know that x and y have to do with DNA as a DNA logo is shown in the Japanese logo for the games.
    As for the axis that has been brought up multiple times and it fits since we have just leaped onto the 3ds.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

A lot of people may be against this but I'd like to see Xerneas as a Light type. When I saw Yveltal I immediately thought he was Dark/Flying(I know that would be weird with him based upon Vedfolnir and all but still) and then Xerneas(<3) comes up and I immediately think, alright, Grass... and what else? This whole thought comes from me wanting the legendaries to be balanced in a way. Yveltal's probable Flying typing is going to be good against Xerneas' probable Grass. So what would balance them? I thought Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    A lot of people may be against this but I'd like to see Xerneas as a Light type. When I saw Yveltal I immediately thought he was Dark/Flying(I know that would be weird with him based upon Vedfolnir and all but still) and then Xerneas(<3) comes up and I immediately think, alright, Grass... and what else? This whole thought comes from me wanting the legendaries to be balanced in a way. Yveltal's probable Flying typing is going to be good against Xerneas' probable Grass. So what would balance them? I thought Light.
    Neither Yveltal or Xerneas have probable types though.

Xerneas
    Steel armor/sword look
    Psychic it has that magestic psychic legendary feel, so I would say steel/psychic but I don't know both are very open designs...he could even be ice,electric...
    I don't see grass because of sawsbuck...
    BTW, I love xerneas! One of the best legendary designs to date!

I mean, Yveltal was flying in the trailer and is based upon the blind Eagle, Vedfolnir, and Xerneas was in the forest at the base of a big tree and is based upon the four stags of Midgard whose antlers are supposed to resemble the branches of the world tree, Yggdrasil

and then Xerneas(<3) comes up and I immediately think, alright, Grass... and what else?
    Steel? Or whatever other already existing type? Even if Yveltal is indeed a Dark/Flying Pokémon, that doesn't justify a Light-type for Xerneas. In Pokémon, the "opposite" of the Dark-type is the Fighting-type, so Xerneas would have to be a Fighting Pokémon in order to "balance" them.

I mean, Yveltal was flying in the trailer and is based upon the blind Eagle, Vedfolnir
    Well, no. Right now we don't know what they used as basis for Yveltal. It could be based on Vedfolnir, Yatagarasu or even on a random bird.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Xerneas
    Steel armor/sword look
    Psychic it has that magestic psychic legendary feel, so I would say steel/psychic but I don't know both are very open designs...he could even be ice,electric...
    I don't see grass because of sawsbuck...
    BTW, I love xerneas! One of the best legendary designs to date!
    I could definitely see Steel or Psychic, I just find the idea of a light type to be really cool

I know right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

Steel? Or whatever other already existing type? Even if Yveltal is indeed a Dark/Flying Pokémon, that doesn't justify a Light-type for Xerneas. In Pokémon, the "opposite" of the Dark-type is the Fighting-type, so Xerneas would have to be a Fighting Pokémon in order to "balance" them.
    Xerneas? Fighting? Muskedeer #5? I def can't see that happening, fighting wouldn't even balance against a Dark/Flying

Light is just a hope
    Last edited by Elnava; 25th March 2013 at 10:15 PM.

Xerneas? Fighting? Muskedeer #4? I def can't see that happening

Light is just a hope
    I can't see it as a Fighting-type either. What I said is that there is no need for the Light-type, since the Dark-type already has a "counterpart". Light/Holy/Whatever is redundant.

My personal bet is that Xerneas will be Grass/Steel, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

I can't see it as a Fighting-type either. What I said is that there is no need for the Light-type, since the Dark-type already has a "counterpart". Light/Holy/Whatever is redundant.

My personal bet is that Xerneas will be Grass/Steel, nothing more, nothing less.
    Eh, sword hooves don't really justify Steel for me

Going out on a limb, Grass/Rock could be a thing. But that's definitely a stretch, a long one
    Last edited by Elnava; 25th March 2013 at 10:13 PM.

I don't think xerneas will be grass or fighting for the following reasons
    The musketeers amend sawsbuck... Would just make xerneas look like the ruler of them
    I'd rather keep it on its own
    I really love xerneas those magestic antlers...!
    I also don't see light type simply because I don't think we will get one
    Dark was brought in to balance out the powerful psychic type...

[QUOTE=Elnava;15841714]Eh, sword hooves don't really justify Steel for me

Going out on a limb, Grass/Rock could be a thing. But that's definitely a stretch, a long one[/QUOTE

Steel I can see due to the body similar to dialga (not in shape)
    The way the front resembles a sword
    And also Hus sword like legs
    Watch the trailer again and pause at his feet body and head
    Also look at his body in the official art
    You can see the antlers color reflecting off of the back
    Last edited by adamfitz; 25th March 2013 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    I don't think xerneas will be grass or fighting for the following reasons
    The musketeers amend sawsbuck... Would just make xerneas look like the ruler of them
    I'd rather keep it on its own
    I really love xerneas those magestic antlers...!
    I also don't see light type simply because I don't think we will get one
    Dark was brought in to balance out the powerful psychic type...
    Light is a stretch, I just think it would be really cool

Lol, Xerneas was too powerful, they had to bring in another legendary

You don't need a new type to balance the legendaries...

You could set them up like this Yveltal: Fighting/Flying vs. Xerneas: Grass/Psychic. That's just one instance of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

You could set them up like this Yveltal: Fighting/Flying vs. Xerneas: Grass/Psychic. That's just one instance of it.
    I'd be cool with that

It seems abit off but I can sort of see the fighting in Yveltal, just a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post

And that's if they're going to be balanced. To my knowledge, there have never had reciprocally-balanced cover mascots (well, I guess Reshiram and Zekrom were balanced in a way).
    Last edited by Endolise; 25th March 2013 at 10:33 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    And that's if they're going to be balanced. To my knowledge, there have never had reciprocally-balanced cover mascots (well, I guess Reshiram and Zekrom were balanced in a way).
    Indeed. I do wonder where people get the idea of balance from (part of the reason why the Dark/Psychic/Fighting triangle for starters baffle me). Though, it'd be a nice change of what we've gotten over the past 5 generations though.

Guess the legendaries don't need to be balanced? Palkia and Dialga weren't, Zekrom and Reshiram weren't, etc.

against one another Zekrom and Reshiram had no typing advantage that was slanted towards one of them

neither did Dialga and Palkia

the only imbalanced flagship legend matchup was Groudon and Kyogre

against one another Zekrom and Reshiram had no typing advantage that was slanted towards one of them
    True but that might only be the ying and yang at play...
    Our legendaries this time round may not be balanced..
    ____
    On another note
    I have a rule of no legendaries on my teams, makes me feel like I'm cheating
    And its going to be solo hard to not let xerneas onto my team its such a great design
    I may have to bend the rules a little

neither did Dialga and Palkia
    Yes, but their types still didn't have a reciprocal relationship. Dragon beats Dragon, but Dialga's Steel-type resisted Palkia's Dragon-type and Dialga's Dragon-type resisted Palkia's Water-type. It was still slanted defensively in Dialga's favor. Ho-Oh and Lugia didn't have any sort of parallelism between their types. With Reshiram and Zekrom, their Dragon-types were SE against each other but they resisted each other's secondary types, which is a form of balance (one which ties nicely into their Yin-Yang motif), but still isn't one like what people are suggesting for Xerneas and Yveltal.
    Last edited by Endolise; 25th March 2013 at 11:19 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

So, it stands that the majority of Legendary duos had no one legend which had a SE advantage against another correct? Assuming Yveltal to be Dark/Flying, Xerneas as presumably Grass due to its setting, lore, and design, Xerneas' secondary type would need to allow him to be either super effective against Yveltal's Dark or Flying or atleast have some resistance to keep up the probable trend

So, it stands that the majority of Legendary duos had no one legend which had a SE advantage against another correct? Assuming Yveltal to be Dark/Flying, Xerneas as presumably Grass due to its setting, lore, and design, Xerneas' secondary type would need to allow him to be either super effective against Yveltal's Dark or Flying or atleast have some resistance to keep up the probable trend
    No, see, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. It's never been equally set up like that. Even Reshiram and Zekrom didn't have a strictly reciprocal relationship between their types.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    No, see, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. It's never been equally set up like that. Even Reshiram and Zekrom didn't have a strictly reciprocal relationship between their types.
    But very few have full out type advantage

Page 182 of 472 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast