Page 198 of 472 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast
Results 4,926 to 4,950 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #4926
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SylveonLover View Post
    ^ Because it isn't confirmed fake.
    It's a blatant photoshop, and not even a good one. All they did, was take the original poster (eg. the poster from Serebii.net, which is exactly 150% smaller than the new one), move Mewtwo down a little (the "new" form's chest lines up perfectly with where the original's tail meets its torso- it's even the same shape). Once you line up the "new" Mewtwo's chest with the original's tail, the eyes match up perfectly. It even has the exact same expression.

    Badly done photoshop.

    Quote Originally Posted by firerank9 View Post
    Because the source is from CoroCoro Comics
    Its source is the internet: "A new image has gone live through the Japanese message boards and showcase what appears to be a new Mewtwo form."

    Everybody lies on the internet, especially where new Pokemon are concerned.

  2. #4927
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    I think I should re-post this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii
    Basically, yesterday I was discussing with one of my translators how everything is pointing to a Mewtwo form.

    This is why I posted it, because there's so much evidence fitting it

    1. The trailer excerpt, stating that we don't know the real Mewtwo yet. We had similar taglines for both Keldeo and Kyurem before we saw its form.
    2. CoroCoro has been promising a special surprise within a poster in their issue on April 15th
    3. Masuda revealing something away from the new Pokémon Golgo reveals in Smash on Saturday

    I, too, hope it's fake. However, there's a lot backing it up.

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/69695...5863905?page=2
    This reminds me back in BW when the anime concept art that showed Iris, Servine(?), etc... and people were crying out 'Fake' everyday...
    Sometimes, I think that people just try to deny it because it didn't meet their standards.

    Assuming this turned out to be true... then don't use it if you guys don't like it. Simple.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  3. #4928
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    It's a blatant photoshop, and not even a good one. All they did, was take the original poster (eg. the poster from Serebii.net, which is exactly 150% smaller than the new one), move Mewtwo down a little (the "new" form's chest lines up perfectly with where the original's tail meets its torso- it's even the same shape). Once you line up the "new" Mewtwo's chest with the original's tail, the eyes match up perfectly. It even has the exact same expression.

    Badly done photoshop.



    Its source is the internet: "A new image has gone live through the Japanese message boards and showcase what appears to be a new Mewtwo form."

    Everybody lies on the internet, especially where new Pokemon are concerned.
    Can't be bad photoshop if it's getting people all worked up. However most of the time you won't see lies around Pokemon, mainly due to sites able to flesh out legitimacy.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  4. #4929
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I think I should re-post this...
    He calls that "a lot backing it up"? Oh good lawd.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Can't be bad photoshop if it's getting people all worked up. However most of the time you won't see lies around Pokemon, mainly due to sites able to flesh out legitimacy.
    You'd be amazed what idiotic things can get people worked up. It's called mass hysteria.

  5. #4930
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    It's a blatant photoshop, and not even a good one. All they did, was take the original poster (eg. the poster from Serebii.net, which is exactly 150% smaller than the new one), move Mewtwo down a little (the "new" form's chest lines up perfectly with where the original's tail meets its torso- it's even the same shape). Once you line up the "new" Mewtwo's chest with the original's tail, the eyes match up perfectly. It even has the exact same expression.
    The two posters are completely different. Mewtwo's position is entirely different from this unconfirmed one, the backgrounds are different and the overlayed text doesn't exist at all on the original. It may be a 'Shop, but it's not a bad one. I understand you clearly don't want Mewtwo to have another form, but you need to look at both sides objectively here. Wishing with all your might that something is wrong wont make it so, just the same with the opposite.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #4931
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I would have said it also could have been an April Fool's joke, but it was posted on April 3rd.

    Friend Code: Listed in code spoiler!
    Pokémon Safari Type: Dark
    Pokémon in Safari: Liepard, Nuzleaf, Crawdaunt (Spiecal thanks to mwrspeedy29 and Shao-May)
        Spoiler:- Code Section:


  7. #4932
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    The two posters are completely different. Mewtwo's position is entirely different from this unconfirmed one, the backgrounds are different and the overlayed text doesn't exist at all on the original. It may be a 'Shop, but it's not a bad one. I understand you clearly don't want Mewtwo to have another form, but you need to look at both sides objectively here. Wishing with all your might that something is wrong wont make it so, just the same with the opposite.
    Backgrounds can be changed (and if they can move Mewtwo down a couple of pixels, they can move Ash and co. just as easily), and overlayed text is just about the easiest thing in the world to do. You would have had to do it yourself when you made your grammar Nazi banner.

    Trust me, I am being objective. Extraordinary claims (such as a new form) require extraordinary evidence (which we don't have, just some random internet picture).

  8. #4933
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    He calls that "a lot backing it up"? Oh good lawd.
    Well yes, what Serebii posted is all true though, first after the trailer, we get a message about "it's unseen power" while CoroCoro and Smash have promised to share huge surprises on the coming days. So yes this is actually a lot of evidence that could lead this into being plausible.

  9. #4934
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    Backgrounds can be changed (and if they can move Mewtwo down a couple of pixels, they can move Ash and co. just as easily), and overlayed text is just about the easiest thing in the world to do. You would have had to do it yourself when you made your grammar Nazi banner.

    Trust me, I am being objective. Extraordinary claims (such as a new form) require extraordinary evidence (which we don't have, just some random internet picture).
    I know my way around Photoshop, and that poster is not easily made. Being able to cut things out and replace them so well is not easy work. If you look at it closely, there's a lot more going on than just moving some things around and overlaying some text. Whether it's real or not is a whole 'nother matter.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  10. #4935
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post

    This reminds me back in BW when the anime concept art that showed Iris, Servine(?), etc... and people were crying out 'Fake' everyday...
    Sometimes, I think that people just try to deny it because it didn't meet their standards.

    Assuming this turned out to be true... then don't use it if you guys don't like it. Simple.
    This always happen when they released a new pokemon....people need time to adjusted to the design!!

    But look at the bright side of this if Mewtwo really gets a new form...this means he will received back the title of the strongest pokemon back..kicking white kyurem's butt!!

  11. #4936
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    This always happen when they released a new pokemon....people need time to adjusted to the design!!

    But look at the bright side of this if Mewtwo really gets a new form...this means he will received back the title of the strongest pokemon back..kicking white kyurem's butt!!
    No... he wont. White Kyurem is also not the strongest Pokemon.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  12. #4937
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Well yes, what Serebii posted is all true though, first after the trailer, we get a message about "it's unseen power" while CoroCoro and Smash have promised to share huge surprises on the coming days. So yes this is actually a lot of evidence that could lead this into being plausible.
    You're using the word "evidence" wrong.

    This is not definitive proof. It's an indication that we'll have some kind of news.

    It could be that "not knowing Mewtwo" might have nothing to do with the games, and everything to do with the Mewtwo from the anime: perhaps we'll learn some more about his time at the Viridian Gym? Maybe (since Ash and co. are going back to Kanto soon), they're saying we'll learn something about why Mewtwo was living in Cerulean Cave?

    It could even be a new form, but a Japanese person being coy in a trailer does not evidence make.

  13. #4938
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danburite3 View Post
    You're using the word "evidence" wrong.

    This is not definitive proof. It's an indication that we'll have some kind of news.

    It could be that "not knowing Mewtwo" might have nothing to do with the games, and everything to do with the Mewtwo from the anime: perhaps we'll learn some more about his time at the Viridian Gym? Maybe (since Ash and co. are going back to Kanto soon), they're saying we'll learn something about why Mewtwo was living in Cerulean Cave?

    It could even be a new form, but a Japanese person being coy in a trailer does not evidence make.
    No, they're using it right. Evidence is not definitive proof either. Evidence is just a collection of facts that can used to prove something. Whether its used to prove the right thing or not doesn't matter.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  14. #4939
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, they're using it right. Evidence is not definitive proof either. Evidence is just a collection of facts that can used to prove something. Whether its used to prove the right thing or not doesn't matter.
    Fair enough, I'll give you that one. Although I'm far from convinced on this whole Mewtwo matter.

    We should make this interesting, and start taking bets.

  15. #4940
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    120

    Default

    People need to shut up about it. I mean, no one can be certain it is real/fake calling it Fake if it is real is insulting the artist. calling it real if it is fake is okay. But when you blatantly insult someone's hard work, it is just is to much for me. We will get info, just calm yourselves please.


    NEW TOPIC PLEASE?:


    Xerneas: Grass/Steel
    Yveltal: Dragon/Dark


    Anybody?

  16. #4941
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SylveonLover View Post
    People need to shut up about it. I mean, no one can be certain it is real/fake calling it Fake if it is real is insulting the artist. calling it real if it is fake is okay. But when you blatantly insult someone's hard work, it is just is to much for me. We will get info, just calm yourselves please.
    I'm sure whoever made that poster is a grownup who can handle a little criticism.

  17. #4942
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SylveonLover View Post
    NEW TOPIC PLEASE?
    People have been waiting for something new to discuss... We've been discussing Xerny and Yvel for months and are just going in circles...
    Even with all the hate, complaining and ranting involved in the discussion, at least there's something new to talk about...

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  18. #4943
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SylveonLover View Post
    People need to shut up about it. I mean, no one can be certain it is real/fake calling it Fake if it is real is insulting the artist. calling it real if it is fake is okay. But when you blatantly insult someone's hard work, it is just is to much for me. We will get info, just calm yourselves please.
    If the artist doing the posters for the Pokemon movies cares the least bit about what some strangers on an English Pokemon forum are saying, they need a different job.

    Besides which, your new topic has been beaten to death. People have been guessing at types since page 1.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  19. #4944
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Since the thread is getting more traffic and we'll just fall into more circuitous discussion in another day or so anyway, I'll repost the theory I put up a week ago about Xerneas and Yvetal being drawn from Celtic mythology in the hopes that the new traffic will see it and we'll have a little more to discuss:

    Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    The basis of the theory is thus: This game's legendaries will not be based on Norse mythology, rather, it will have it's roots in the Celtic tradition.

    In a purely geographic sense, this has some merit to it. We can be reasonably sure that at least part of this game will be based off places in France. The Versailles-looking palace in the trailer, along with the Eiffel Tower and the desert observatory all lend themselves to this. Well, historically, the French were a Celtic people before they were Gallic, and their ancient pagan belief system ran parallel to the the many other Celtic groups dotted around Europe. Taken only on that, France has a much closer tie to Celtic mythos than to Norse. The only contact ancient people in France would have had with the likes of the Yggdrasil myth was when Norse raiders swept down from the north to raid the French coast.

    Moving on: Xerneas. One of the most prominent Celtic deities is Cernunnous, though depending on the tradition, he goes by different names. Sometimes he's Herne the Hunter, the Horned Lord, Dagda, the Green Man, etc. Regardless, every depiction of him portrays him as having a rack of antlers like a stag coming from his head. He is widely believed to have been a god of the forest and natural places, along with being a male fertility icon. Look at his name, or at least the name widely attributed to Him. Cernunnous. Say it aloud (it's likely pronounced Cerno-on-os). Now say Xerneas. Sounds rather similar, no?

    Now get this. The only way we know about Cernunnous name is because it is inscribed on an ancient column erected by the Romans, depicting many deities, both those of the Romans and the native Celtic tribes. This column is known as the Pillar of the Boatmen. This pillar was found in France, in an area that is now a part of Paris itself. Maybe it's all just a coincidence, but I think it's all a little too convenient. The game has obvious European roots, and the Horned God is a common icon for ancient European paganism. Then there's the similarities with the name... It all seems like a far more concrete argument than Xerneas being one of the four stags that eat the leaves of Yggdrasil.

    If this is the case, I'd hazard a guess that Xerneas is a grass type, or a psychic type. Come what may though, it'll have a strong connection to the forest.

    So, let's move on to Yvetal, shall we? Remember earlier, how I said one of the names for Cernunnous was Dagda? Dagda is essentially the Irish incarnation of the Horned Lord. One of his counterparts (some sources say occasionally his consort) is a goddess called the Morrigan. The Morrigan is representative of a lot of things, crows, death, and war among them, and with a loose connection to female fertility by way of Macha. All of that seems to point as a direct counterpoint to everything Dagda/Horned Lord represents in the same way Kyogre and Groudon do, or Lugia and Ho-oh. Yvetal appears to be some kind of carrion bird, like a condor or a vulture. The Morrigan often appears as a crow, or surrounded by crows or ravens. Corvids are her calling card.

    Alternatively, Yvetal could be Badb Catha, who is incredibly similar and just a twisting of the belief system in a different region. Oftentimes Badb is portrayed as one of the Morrigan's aspects.

    So there you have it, a bit of a glimpse at Celtic deities, and how they could relate to what little we know about these legendaries. Personally, I think there's a more evidence to shore this theory up than the Yggdrasil one. I won't claim any of this as gospel truth until we know a little bit more about Xerneas and Yvetal and their mythos in the game, but I think this is definitely something worth considering.
    There you have it, new discussion fodder if you want it.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

    Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

  20. #4945
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I honestly don't mind Mewtwo getting an altered form. To some degree it makes sense. It is an artificially created Pokemon, based off a Pokemon with shapeshifting abilities. I just feel they could do a lot better if this is real. All of the "cool" bits of Mewtwo are set aside for physical traits that don't seem to fit the way the Pokemon has been presented in the past.

    If this is real, are we thinking that the new form is getting a type change, because could Mewtwo even become more powerful?

    My fingers are crossed it is a fake. I will take that there is a new form coming though, just hopefully not this one.

  21. #4946
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Call me close minded or whatever, but I'm sorry they need to leave all the Gen 1'ers alone!!! I absolutely DO NOT want alternate forms that could ruin some of their greatness. Mewtwo is sacred dammit!!!
    #endrant
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565


    Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :


    Wanted
    :

        Spoiler:- :

  22. #4947
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    But why could they bring back a character to the anime for "nothing", I will keep an open mind...if it real good and if his fake that's good too!!

  23. #4948
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    653

    Default

    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post15868515

    why hide the new exciting form behind a gaggle of pokemon? why move him DOWN to hide more of him? the layout is just terrible from a graphic designer's point of view. and also using common sense.

    the more i look at this thing the more i feel dumb for even giving it the time of day. and nobody is still paying attention to how there is no merch whatsoever for a form coming out, and if this as real, there would be merch everywhere. where is the merch? everyone cares when there is lots of hidden black circles, but nobody cares that nothing is being hidden right now... :B

  24. #4949
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    89

    Default

    i was excited at first but the more i think about it the more fake it seems. as anyone though about the possibility of it being an april fools joke? they could have just posted in a after the first so it wasnt that obvious
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

    Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

  25. #4950
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PokeAJ View Post
    Call me close minded or whatever, but I'm sorry they need to leave all the Gen 1'ers alone!!! I absolutely DO NOT want alternate forms that could ruin some of their greatness. Mewtwo is sacred dammit!!!
    #endrant
    Sylveon and every other Eeveelution (except for the first three) would technically fall into that same category, because if they were to leave all of the Gen 1 Pokémon alone, then we would never see added evolutionary stages for any of them either.

    And no, Mewtwo isn't "sacred." It's about as "sacred" as any other Pokémon.

Page 198 of 472 FirstFirst ... 98148188194195196197198199200201202208248298 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •