Page 232 of 472 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

You know...
    It says that Mewtwo is awakened. That would seem to imply the awakening of a new power... a new superpower for Mewtwo.

Looking at certain changes to its body... hmmm...

... I'd say that Mewtwo is at least beginning to develop the Most Common Superpower.

XD *Shot*

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    I completely disagree with saying this new form/Pokemon is reductive to the Mew/Mewtwo line, I like the new design.
    We're all free to have our own opinions of course, but I think 'reductive' kind of sums up this new Pokemon/form/whatever. I mean, it's obviously based on Mewtwo's original design with just a few added details. I can just imagine Game Freak's staff taking a picture of Mewtwo, putting it in a blender, and just reassembling it from scraps to make a "new" design.

Quote Originally Posted by Ke$ha View Post
    Mess with a capital M. I really liked the original Mewtwo because it seemed so cool but this new form just doesn't look good in my opinion I mean its like GF just ran out of ideas for new Pokemon and decided to just copy Mewtwo's concept. I want to like it but right now it's just grossing me out
    Now sis, I don't like the design either and while I respect your opinion, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it's gross. I just think it looks too much like bad fan art/a parody of Mew and Mewtwo. I prayed that it was fake when it was revealed a few days ago, but my prayers went unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I agree it's not a good design, but let's not play the old "ran out of ideas" card, please.
    For the first time in a long time, I feel that that excuse is actually valid, believe it or not. As I said earlier, I think Game Freak just reassembled Mewtwo and called it a "new" Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

We've discussed why this isn't terribly likely.
    Hey hey hey, grammar is important with sentences like that. I said "Mewtwo or even Mew" meaning the second is less likely than the first. I am aware of that. But if Mewtwo ends up being a big part of the main story - which I'd find really good, since usually you have stories that completely ignore the existence of legendaries outside of that game's version legendaries - then Mew might not be too far away either, depending what they do with the story. Maybe they won't make you able to actually catch it, maybe it'll be an event, maybe it won't even show up or get mentioned in the whole game. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    but I think 'reductive' kind of sums up this new Pokemon/form/whatever. I mean, it's obviously based on Mewtwo's original design with just a few added details.
    Okay. And that's not what reductive means.

I can just imagine Game Freak's staff taking a picture of Mewtwo, putting it in a blender, and just reassembling it from scraps to make a "new" design.
    You don't actually imagine this, I hope.

but my prayers when unanswered.
    Probably because you keep misusing reductive. God is a sucker for proper vocabulary.

For the first time in a long time, I feel that that excuse is actually valid
    It was never valid.

As I said earlier, I think Game Freak just reassembled Mewtwo and called it a "new" Pokemon.
    Funny thing, that as what appears to be some sort of transformation of Mewtwo (or at least closely related to it in some way), they probably did start with Mewtwo's design and say "what can/should we change here to achieve the aesthetic we want?"

Imagine that. Little like complaining that all of Rotom's formes look too much alike.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I'm just going to blindly hope it's a different species rather than a new form. I just wish we had its name though. Mew Z, anyone? :P
    I actually quite like the design. Not too over designed, it's unique and simplistic in its own way, and overall I think it compliments well with Mewtwo.

Quote Originally Posted by stevencloser View Post
    Hey hey hey, grammar is important with sentences like that. I said "Mewtwo or even Mew" meaning the second is less likely than the first.
    I wasn't debating the Mewtwo part, hence why I removed it.

I'm aware that Mewtwo being the focus at this second is leading to the notion that Mew will be included and catchable in X/Y. That's what I'm disputing - there's nothing to suggest it.

-----
    Words to|live by

Okay. And that's not what reductive means.

You don't actually imagine this, I hope.

Probably because you keep misusing reductive. God is a sucker for proper vocabulary.

It was never valid.

Funny thing, that as what appears to be some sort of transformation of Mewtwo (or at least closely related to it in some way), they probably did start with Mewtwo's design and say "what can/should we change here to achieve the aesthetic we want?"

Imagine that. Little like complaining that all of Rotom's formes look too much alike.
    That last point is really true. The new form is going to take some getting used to for people whom have gotten accustomed to Mewtwo's original design, and in many ways, put it on a pedestal because it's one of the originals, on top of being the first legendary ever featured in a movie.

However, I never was all that impressed with Mewtwo, it always seemed to fall short of what it's stated creation intended, at least it felt that way to me. This new design is a different take, on the basic design that is Mewtwo, and I for one, like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    I actually quite like the design. Not too over designed, it's unique and simplistic in its own way, and overall I think it compliments well with Mewtwo.
    I agree.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

I agree to be honest. Mew and Mewtwo were iconic Pokemon imo, but now this new form has been introduced and I personally feel that it's reductive. I don't know why Game Freak would tamper with Generation 1 Pokemon to begin with; why not just focus on making completely original Legendary Pokemon for once? I would prefer that over this tbh.
    You know the sad thing is.

Had this forme existed since Generation 1, or Generation 3 (when formes were first introduced), No one when be arguing that this new forme ruins Mewtwo.

So why whine and cry about it just because its introduced now?

I mean, it's obviously based on Mewtwo's original design with just a few added details.
    Well obviously, it's based on Mewtwo. What else would it be based on?

I can just imagine Game Freak's staff taking a picture of Mewtwo, putting it in a blender, and just reassembling it from scraps to make a "new" design.
    Had that ever been the case, they would not be comparing it to Mewtwo, they would just say it's similar and move on, they wouldn't mention any connections between the two.

I just think it looks too much like bad fan art/a parody of Mew and Mewtwo
    Any forme regardless if it's standard or not can be considered a bad fan art/parody of it's original forme.

For the first time in a long time, I feel that that excuse is actually valid
    And I say an even more valid argument, is "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DO NOT USE IT" why is that so hard to understand.

As I said earlier, I think Game Freak just reassembled Mewtwo and called it a "new" Pokemon.
    I feel like people who are claiming this "New" Pokemon ruins Mewtwo, just doesn't understand Mewtwo's origins (I'm including Mew into that) nor do they understand the apparent theme of Pokemon X and Y.

Believe it or not there is a connection between the two.

*GASP* Are you serious?

Yes, I'm serious.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    It looks cosmic and cool. And mewtwo being really powerful probably would of been able to achieve a new form so it makes sense imo
    Yeah I agree I love it as a new form, too bad it's not like mew changes form or evolves into this, that would make more sense since this form seems a little feminine , but it's an awesome form.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisHD View Post
    Yeah I agree I love it as a new form, too bad it's not like mew changes form or evolves into this, that would make more sense since this form seems a little feminine , but it's an awesome form.
    Nah, I'd compare the situation as:

Mew- The Embryo/New Born

New Pokemon- Young Child/Teenager

Mewtwo- Adult.

So I guess Mew evolves into this new Pokemon and then further evolves into Mewtwo.

I'm kidding.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I thought the new form looked nice in the leaked poster, and okay in the sugimori art. But it just looks terrible in the footage imo, I want to know if other people felt this way.
    It looks so puny, and its big head make it looks Chibi-like, unlike Mewtwo. It looks smaller and inferior to Mewtwo, it doesn't feel as the same Pokemon, and for that reason alone I hope it's a different Pokemon (Mewthree if you want) also based on genetic creation.
    A different Pokemon, an alternative Mewtwo based around it would make much more sense for me, design wise.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Mew- The Embryo/New Born

Mewtwo- Adult.
    I know you were joking, but this is why I'd like the idea of a different Pokemon. It feels much more like a midterm between Mew and Mewtwo than its different form.
    Last edited by Bueno~; 7th April 2013 at 6:45 AM.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Nah, I'd compare the situation as:

Mew- The Embryo/New Born

Mewtwo- Adult.

So I guess Mew evolves into this new Pokemon and then further evolves into Mewtwo.

I'm kidding.
    So this form is Mew1.5 LOL

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueno~ View Post
    I thought the new form looked nice in the leaked poster, and okay in the sugimori art. But it just looks terrible in the footage imo, I want to know if other people felt this way.
    It looks so puny, and its big head make it looks Chibi-like, unlike Mewtwo. It looks smaller and inferior to Mewtwo, it doesn't feel as the same Pokemon, and for that reason alone I hope it's a different Pokemon (Mewthree if you want) also based on genetic creation.
    A different Pokemon, an alternative Mewtwo based around it would make much more sense for me, design wise.
    the official site stresses that it's a brand new pokemon and is somehow connected to mewtwo
    FC:3310 4750 6449

DON'T GET THE OCTOPUSS UPSET! HE MAY EAT HIMSELF!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    That last point is really true. The new form is going to take some getting used to for people whom have gotten accustomed to Mewtwo's original design, and in many ways, put it on a pedestal because it's one of the originals, on top of being the first legendary ever featured in a movie.
    I just want to say that I've never been a huge fan of the original Mewtwo. I thought it was kind of overrated from the start, but I still respected its impact on the franchise. I think the new form is a crude misrepresentation of Mewtwo, which I find a bit offensive not because I'm a nostalgic Mewtwo fan, but because it feels forced and unnecessary. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. *Runs to avoid flying tomatoes*

What were all the moves used by it in the trailer?

I saw Psycho Cut, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Psyshock, and then there was that blast from the sky, what was that?

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    the official site stresses that it's a brand new pokemon and is somehow connected to mewtwo
    They have used this same trick in the past for form changes, Serebii himself noted it in the main site.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

it doesn't feel as the same Pokemon, and for that reason alone I hope it's a different Pokemon (Mewthree if you want) also based on genetic creation.
    Seems reasonably clear that's not the case.

I think the new form is a crude misrepresentation of Mewtwo, which I find a bit offensive not because I'm a nostalgic Mewtwo fan, but because it feels forced and unnecessary.
    Honestly, that may even be worse, that you're decrying this new forme not because you feel it's ruining something you love (that itself would be illogical, at best), but that you're doing so in the name of "defending its honor" for something you don't even personally like in the first place.

Again, ignore it if you find it to be in violation of your every sensibility that badly.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    What were all the moves used by it in the trailer?

I saw Psycho Cut, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, Blizzard, Psyshock, and then there was that blast from the sky, what was that?
    It was either superpower, or focus blast.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by crash!201 View Post
    "Do note that the official sites are stating it's a new Pokémon, but that has happened in the past." -Serebii
    When the leaked pics from the poster came out it was said to be Mewtwo's new form, there's a high (or higher) possibility of it being indeed a new form.
    It is something to be discussed.

Hardly, I'd guess its a new fire-type move.

Seems reasonably clear that's not the case.
    What's not the case? The fact that it doesn't feel the same Poke or that it's a different Poke?

I just want to say that I've never been a huge fan of the original Mewtwo. I thought it was kind of overrated from the start, but I still respected its impact on the franchise. I think the new form is a crude misrepresentation of Mewtwo, which I find a bit offensive not because I'm a nostalgic Mewtwo fan, but because it feels forced and unnecessary. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. *Runs to avoid flying tomatoes*
    Agreed, could've been much better represented. It would be better as Mewthree, as they could be great as standalone genetic Pokes in the Mew family.
    Last edited by Bueno~; 7th April 2013 at 6:59 AM.

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5343-9287-8926

Spoiler:- Seeking:

Spoiler:- Offering:

"Do note that the official sites are stating it's a new Pokémon, but that has happened in the past." -Serebii
    When the leaked pics from the poster came out it was said to be Mewtwo's new form, there's a high (or higher) possibility of it being indeed a new form.
    It is something to be discussed.
    I beleive it is a new form, hbu

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

If it was a different pokemon why would he replace mewtwo in the exact pose on the poster? A form is understandable but not a new pokemon. Plus honestly it would be lazy even if it was Mewthree because he looks way too similar to Mewtwo.

But he does look smaller. I have noticed.

Hardly, I'd guess its a new fire-type move.
    Constantly replaying that portion, reveals nothing about it being a fire type attack, I thought it was a fire type at first, but it's too energy based rather than fire based to be a fired attack.

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    If it was a different pokemon why would he replace mewtwo in the exact pose on the poster? A form is understandable but not a new pokemon. Plus honestly it would be lazy even if it was Mewthree because he looks way too similar to Mewtwo.

But he does look smaller. I have noticed.
    Agreed but I think that being shorter they have made him look a little tougher.

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y

Focus blast was my guess but its not even spherical. I say its a new fire move or possibly a signature move

Wow, just, wow!
    I really like this new form/Pokemon/thing!
    It looks like if it has greater psychic powers then Mewtwo.
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Page 232 of 472 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242282332 ... LastLast