Page 261 of 472 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheryn View Post
    why do people(kids) get so touchy when others think that Newmew is not a form.. jajajaja its hilarious the way they feel the need to attack... "it's on the poster, that should be enough reason to...." BLAH BLAH BLAH

NEWMEW NEWMEW NEWMEW! LOL!!!!
    I know you're being sarcastic, but some people could take that as you being touchy about other people being touchy

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    How is this still an argument? It's a forme. The movie poster and title tell us all we need to know, unless you think that the image of the new forme replacing Mewtwo on the posters (just like Keldeo's Resolute Forme did) but the movie title retaining Mewtwo's name is some sort of smokescreen, and that's illogical at best. Particularly since we have an apparent name for the forme.

Because the means of changing the forme is still under wraps, and the movie will likely be used as a vehicle for the reveal. Pretty simple.

Gotta be something better to debate about.

No. Stop that. Stop that right now.
    The name for the "form" wouldn't translate into any sort of sensical or needed change in the form. "Lightining form" which would mean that he either gains speed(why when he is already incredibly fast) or he gains the electric type(why?). We've seen GF shake it up before, it's not too illogical to believe they'll do it again

Except that revealing that it's a form doesn't mean that you have to reveal how it changes form, quite simple. Why would they word it that way when (some)fans would guess a new form anyway it thats what they were going for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

How is this still an argument? It's a forme. The movie poster and title tell us all we need to know, unless you think that the image of the new forme replacing Mewtwo on the posters (just like Keldeo's Resolute Forme did) but the movie title retaining Mewtwo's name is some sort of smokescreen, and that's illogical at best. Particularly since we have an apparent name for the forme.

Hmm.... I would not trust that it is officially an Eclaire forme just yet. We do not have that much information and I think it is too early to tell. While I do agree with you, I also disagree with the fact you are telling everybody it is not a new Pokemon. Tell me, what if it is a new pokemon? What makes you so sure it is absolutely a forme besides the movie poster?

Newmew has a halo. Angels have halos. Angels are in heaven. Heaven is where good people go. Good is symbolised by light.

Newmew is light type.

Edit: Okay, it kinda has a halo.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I know you're being sarcastic, but some people could take that as you being touchy about other people being touchy
    so true jajajaja
    I shall claim the NEWMEW as mine buahaha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    The name for the "form" wouldn't translate into any sort of sensical or needed change in the form. "Lightining form" which would mean that he either gains speed(why when he is already incredibly fast) or he gains the electric type(why?). We've seen GF shake it up before, it's not too illogical to believe they'll do it again

Except that revealing that it's a form doesn't mean that you have to reveal how it changes form, quite simple. Why would they word it that way when (some)fans would guess a new form anyway it thats what they were going for?
    What would be wrong with gaining speed...? Deoxys-A and N was made before Emerald and both have 150 Speed, so I guess by your logic Deoxys-S shouldn't have existed because that's way too much speed for that Pokemon (180). Also, why give Kyurem formes if Base 130 Atk and Sp.Atk was more than enough for it?

That's not a halo lol. Halos float above the head. That's just an arch on it's head, I'd say possibly similar to the one Mewtwo had connecting its head to its back.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    No one is attacking anyone's character, we're simply debating. That doesn't mean we have to agree with you or anyone else (unless they can convince ofc). Instead of useless comments like "LOL!!" we'd like to hear your analysis on why you think it's a new Pokemon and not a forme.
    True we are debating but man each time or the mayority of times that anybody want to believe it's a new pkmn and not a form, someone has to go....."poster this poster that" I did believe it was a new form at first and then I kinda sorta changed my mind. I'm obviously am not going to analyze the reason why I want to believe it's a new pkmn it's pure faith. And if it's a new form well so be it I will still have him!!!!! we cool?

I know, but the subject was begging for change!

Either way, the newmew doesn't really look anymore defensive than mewtwo, possibly leaning a bit more towards offensive?

I never said that they wouldn't do things...all I said is based on what knowledge we have about forme changes that this in fact has to be a new forme change...I mean the evidence is right there...1) THe title of movie being Mewtwo's Awakening certainly implies that Mewtwo will release a dormant power within itself, 2) "We don't know the real Mewtwo!?" - I've said this enough times, 3) Can you provide an answer to this question: Why would they put this Newtwo in the same poster AND in the same position that Mewtwo was in...?

No, it wouldn't point towards a "new" concept. This is why loads of people have been saying to not take the official wording literally. I mean Japan has said countless times that forme changes are new Pokemon, when they ended up being forme changes (namely). And to go off of BCNVM's (sp?) point, they haven't even established a boundary between what is a new Pokemon and what is a forme change. So for the official websites and Japan, they just label all new formes as new pokemon (even though we know that's not the case).

I find your last statement highly ironic considering you're still taking the position of the "new Pokemon" argument. You're pretty much saying and the new Pokemon argument is 100% correct, when it's actually equally as flimsy.
    1.Why can he not awaken to other things?
    2.I've explained the possibilities of that countless times, to you
    3.foreshadowing what may take place in the film, the possibility that Mewthree is attempting to overshadow Mewtwo and replace him. I've said this before

Technically, you're the only one saying that your side is 100% correct. You're saying that it "has to be a form change" and "the evidence is all there". I've said nothing of the sort, only that things point to a new pokemon

What would be wrong with gaining speed...? Deoxys-A and N was made before Emerald and both have 150 Speed, so I guess by your logic Deoxys-S shouldn't have existed because that's way too much speed for that Pokemon (180). Also, why give Kyurem formes if Base 130 Atk and Sp.Atk was more than enough for it?
    I never said they weren't unnecessary

Which they are

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    I know, but the subject was begging for change!

Either way, the newmew doesn't really look anymore defensive than mewtwo, possibly leaning a bit more towards offensive?
    I'm with you on that.

"Lightining form" which would mean that he either gains speed(why when he is already incredibly fast) or he gains the electric type(why?). We've seen GF shake it up before, it's not too illogical to believe they'll do it again
    It's almost as if this is a fictional universe where the people in charge can adjust power levels to mean whatever they want. If you look at the situation and say "but wait it makes NO SENSE that Mewtwo would gain a forme that specifically makes it sleeker increases its speed because its base Speed stat is [whatever high umber it is] and that's all that matters", then I don't really know what to tell you. Seems like they're setting it up obviously enough. Particularly in giving the forme a total debut and spotlight in a film where the adversary is specifically a user of Extremespeed.

Except that revealing that it's a form doesn't mean that you have to reveal how it changes form, quite simple.
    Giratina changed forme in its film by leaving/entering the Distortion World. Shaymin did the same in the same by being exposed to a Gracidea Flower. Keldeo changed forme in its film by reaching maturity and being recognized as a warrior in the eyes of the Musketeers who raised him - not quite the same as the game, but pretty close. Kyurem changed forme by "using the power of Reshiram and Zekrom" - again, not literally how it worked in-game, but the concept is there.

I think history tells us that the upcoming film will probably give us at least some idea of how the forme change works.

Why would they word it that way when (some)fans would guess a new form anyway it thats what they were going for?
    ...because this is all part of the lead-up to what is going to be a huge game release, and because the franchise loves keeping things ambiguous in those lead-ups? Particularly in this lead-up, where they've intentionally withheld the types of three of the six new Pokémon previously revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Hmm.... I would not trust that it is officially an Eclaire forme just yet. We do not have that much information and I think it is too early to tell.
    And if you're most comfortable still on the fence, that's your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I do agree with you, I also disagree with the fact you are telling everybody it is not a new Pokemon. Tell me, what if it is a new pokemon? What makes you so sure it is absolutely a forme besides the movie poster?
    Disagree all you want. If you want to play the game of "well you don't know FOR CERTAIN", go ahead. That I don't work in any official capacity doesn't render me incapable of making logical inferences based on previous examples and similar cases.

only that things point to a new pokemon
    They don't, though. What few official signs we do have point in the opposite direction, in fact. Most of the arguments on your side amount to little more than "well it COULD BE, they've done unexpected things before!"

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It's almost as if this is a fictional universe where the people in charge can adjust power levels to mean whatever they want. If you don't look at the situation and say "but wait it makes NO SENSE that Mewtwo would gain a forme that specifically makes it sleeker increases its speed because its base Speed stat is [whatever it is]", then I don't really know what to tell you. Seems like they're setting it up obviously enough. Particularly in giving the forme a spotlight in a film where the adversary is specifically a user of Extremespeed.

Giratina changed forme in its film by leaving/entering the Distortion World. Shaymin did the same in the same by being exposed to a Gracidea Flower. Keldeo changed forme in its film by reaching maturity and being recognized as a warrior in the eyes of the Musketeers who raised him - not quite the same as the game, but pretty close. Kyurem changed forme by "using the power of Reshiram and Zekrom" - again, not literally how it worked in-game, but the concept is there.

I think history tells us that the upcoming film will probably give us at least some idea of how the forme change works.

...because this is all part of the lead-up to what is going to be a huge game release, and because the franchise loves keeping things ambiguous in those lead-ups? Particularly in this lead-up, where they've intentionally withheld the types of three of the six new Pokémon previously revealed?

And if you're most comfortable still on the fence, that's your call.

Disagree all you want. If you want to play the game of "well you don't know FOR CERTAIN", go ahead. That I don't work in any official capacity doesn't render me incapable of making logical inferences based on previous examples and similar cases.

They don't, though. What few official signs we do have point in the opposite direction, in fact. Most of the arguments on your side amount to little more than "well it COULD BE, they've done unexpected things before!"
    Finally someone who makes sense!

My team:

My theory on Sylveon

X and Y
    Yveltal= new ability "backdraft" user cast a windstorm that heils from behind,increases speed of allies because wind is with your team.
    Xerneas =new ability "Psy Scope" user casts a scope like veil that increases the teams accuracy.

Anybody has an Idea for the Chibi legend!?!?! Like I said I think it's going to have six of something and not going to be pink, green, yellow, blue or orange. Maybe purple....

1.Why can he not awaken to other things?
    2.I've explained the possibilities of that countless times, to you
    3.foreshadowing what may take place in the film, the possibility that Mewthree is attempting to overshadow Mewtwo and replace him. I've said this before

Technically, you're the only one saying that your side is 100% correct. You're saying that it "has to be a form change" and "the evidence is all there". I've said nothing of the sort, only that things point to a new pokemon
    1. No one said it can't awaken to other things: 1) It's already awakened once to stop Genesect from destroying Ash and his friends. I'm talking about a metaphorical awakening in which it unleashes a dormant power to defeat the Genesect Army.
    2. Still doesn't make sense.
    3. How would this character even arise...? The Pokemon Lab from the first movie is destroyed, Dr. Fuji is dead, and all records pertaining to its successful cloning are non-existent because of this very destruction.

And I'm saying that things point to a new forme rather than a new Pokemon.

I never said they weren't unnecessary

Which they are
    You missed the point, GameFreak never gives formes based on whether its stats need increasing or not...It's usually for storyline purposes.

Could this be the design process for the New Mew Pokémon?

MewHalf, MewThree, NewMew, these are all good names for the Pokémon, but I'd kinda hate to see its name actually be one of these specked names.

The pic with the design process of the new mew Pokémon makes me wonder the designs of legendary Pokémon, but I know that Reshiram and Zekrom were totally different designs and not remakes of each other.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Anybody has an Idea for the Chibi legend!?!?! Like I said I think it's going to have six of something and not going to be pink, green, yellow, blue or orange. Maybe purple....
    Well.. all insects have six legs? And it'd be interesting, and something new, to have a bug type chibi legend?
    Last edited by Regality; 10th April 2013 at 2:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    The next time any one of these attempts at a meme results in something even remotely funny will in fact be the first.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    This is convenient, and I do kind of like the idea, but I really don't think they would use body tissues as a basis for their cover legendaries, regardless of whether or not the focus of the games are genes and science and whatnot. Legendaries are usually based on myths or have some great myth or purpose within the pokemon universe, and somehow, bringing them down to such a basic form of life just makes them seem.. not so great. Just my opinion. Also, this would imply that Yveltal and the unnamed third would be greater and even greater than Xerneas, since the complexity increases from neuron to tissue to organ system. Cover legendaries are intended to be balanced.
    each part of the body plays it's own role
    and your nervous system runs throughout your whole body system
    whether you see organs as being more important than nerves is irrelevant as the body wouldn't function without having one of the three germ layers when it comes down to it, each germ layer is just as important as the other
    that being said i think xerneas will have a similar stat spread as dialga
    also i think it's very likely yveltal will be more offensively based
    Last edited by Yveltal96; 10th April 2013 at 2:33 AM.

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post

MewHalf, MewThree, NewMew, these are all good names for the Pokémon, but I'd kinda hate to see its name actually be one of these specked names.

The pic with the design process of the new mew Pokémon makes me wonder the designs of legendary Pokémon, but I know that Reshiram and Zekrom were totally different designs and not remakes of each other.
    what I want is for it to stay(if it is a form change) to stay changed not like Meloetta that goes back to Aria after the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    I just never noticed the theme of nature vs. man in gen 1, and barely in gen 2. That's the only reason I say that. Gen 1 was kind of intended more as an introduction to the Pokemon world, I think. Gen II was heavy with mythology and traditions - kimono girls, the legendary dogs, etc. The only thing in gen II that really gives evidence for nature vs. man is when they were forcing Magikarp to evolve. I wouldn't put that on gen II as a label though.
    For gen III it makes more sense. Man trying to control/modify nature. You could argue that gen IV is essentially the same thing, just on a bigger scale since he's trying to destroy the natural world and create a new one.

So really, if you're going to compare man vs. nature for 6th gen with anything, it ought to be gen III, I think. Not enough evidence in the others.
    Sorry if this sounds mean or anything, I swear I'm not trying to be! <3
    Gen I: Genetics/Genetic engineering.
    Gen II: Nature vs. Technology.
    Gen III: Climate change/Global warming.
    Gen IV: I'm not really sure.
    Gen V: Animal cruelty.
    gen VI: Genetics again it seems.

I don't think any mew could beat victinis awesome design and not to mention typing and movepool

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    i thought gen IV was just based on mythology?
    i mean we got the pokemon equivalent of God

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    How do you see Nature vs. Technology in Gen II? If anything it speaks more to the theme of Mythology and Traditions. Nature vs. Technology (or even man) is best suited for Gen III, in conjunction with Climate Change.

Page 261 of 472 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271311361 ... LastLast