Page 294 of 472 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7326
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    So according to the guy that leaked the BW stuff, Yveltal is Dark/Flying and Xerneas is Fairy-type.

    It would really bug me if one of the legendaries is a new type and the other isn't. :/
    Maybe its because Dark and Fairy will be effective against one another. And while I'm all for Fairy type, i liked T-Bolt's theory on Xerneas being ghost. Makes it seem like the spirit of the forest or something. Of course with a secondary typing

  2. #7327
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai'sVoid View Post
    In my speculation, Yvetal will most likely be Dark/Flying as everybody may have presumed and Xerneas will probably be Grass?/Psychic from the dead giveaway of the aura from her horns.
    I can see where you're going with the aura thing. I honestly don't see Xerneas being Grass/Psychic because of the very high amount of weaknesses but I won't say you're wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Nobody said Xerneas is female and the theory of the X and Y chromosomes is not yet fully acknowledged. Not sure why you are calling Xerneas a her.
    The same reason a lot of people call Fennekin a her. Because, to him/her, Xerneas stands out as a female. Is it really that big a deal?

  3. #7328
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    I almost have a convulsion reading from a website confirming a new type (fairy), and Yvetal type to be dark/ flying, Xerneas type to be fairy (so does Sylveon)

    Link

    My opinion fairy is like Psychic type for me and to be honest Arceus and his plates don't a prove another type!!

  4. #7329
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    5,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I almost have a convulsion reading from a website confirming a new type (fairy), and Yvetal type to be dark/ flying, Xerneas type to be fairy (so does Sylveon)

    Link

    My opinion fairy is like Psychic type for me and to be honest Arceus and his plates don't a prove another type!!
    I knew this would be brought up.
    Anyway, I would normally say no. But at this point... I'm fine with it. The idea has grown on me.
    Dark, sinister, and evil looks does contrast with the bright, calming, magical and charming aura of fairies.

    .: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  5. #7330
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    593

    Default

    I wouldn't mind a new type, but I am sceptical about this rumour.

    Having said that, nice fairy lights on your antlers there xerneas....
    White FC: 0046-3335-5684




  6. #7331
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,017

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JBreese View Post
    I wouldn't mind a new type, but I am sceptical about this rumour.

    Having said that, nice fairy lights on your antlers there xerneas....
    Same here..while i wouldn't mind a new type....but i do think the type should of been called Light instead of Fairy..anyway i am pretty certain Yveltal is Dark/Flying (Which is a execllent tyoe combination)

  7. #7332
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    I've been betting on Dark/Flying for Yveltal and Electric/Psychic for Xerneas for a long time. The types balamce each other out. However, I hope GameFreak surprises me with something else for this generation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

    I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

  8. #7333
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Faraway Island
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I've been betting on Dark/Flying for Yveltal and Electric/Psychic for Xerneas for a long time. The types balamce each other out. However, I hope GameFreak surprises me with something else for this generation.
    Honestly, I don't believe we've ever had cover pokemon with types that balance each other out. Well, I guess Reshiram and Zekrom were balanced in a lot of ways. But the other have always been more about the story and theme than a balance. Besides, Dark is immune to Psychic, so it really isn't all that balanced.

    I also have great hopes this generation. Everything about it screams different.
    JUST A COUR'PSE OF A DIFFERENT COLOR

  9. #7334
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Swadlincote, England
    Posts
    467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Besides, Dark is immune to Psychic, so it really isn't all that balanced.
    You're right, but no one in their right mind would try and use flying against electric anyway. I think its quite a good pairing.


    Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

  10. #7335
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Courpse_Mew View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe we've ever had cover pokemon with types that balance each other out. Well, I guess Reshiram and Zekrom were balanced in a lot of ways. But the other have always been more about the story and theme than a balance. Besides, Dark is immune to Psychic, so it really isn't all that balanced.

    I also have great hopes this generation. Everything about it screams different.
    well when i thought up that type combination, i wasn't thinking of balance i was trying to base their typings on their backstories, but balancing was sort of a side effect.
    the way i look at it is this: yveltal's name is derived from "evil" and "quetzal" and evil is literally dark type, and the quetzal background screams flying (not necessarily dragon)
    also another reason i think he is flying and not dragon, is because in the Yggdrasil Yveltal is supposed to be the eagle atop the tree of life, and this eagle is supposedly blind, and when animals are blind, their eyes are blue, much like yveltal's
    also with xerneas, in the Yggdrasil theory, he represents the four stags that represent middle earth, each stag having different colored horns, and each set of horns is represented my xerneas' set of horns and in the same theory, xerneas represents a sort of watch over the tree so he is like a warning system if you think about it which coincides with the germ layer theory and in that theory xerneas represents neurons, and neurons send electric signals to the brain and psychics are often associated with the mind, so that's where the electric/psychic typing comes in

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  11. #7336
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    All over the place
    Posts
    1,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    .



    The same reason a lot of people call Fennekin a her. Because, to him/her, Xerneas stands out as a female. Is it really that big a deal?
    If anything, Xerneas screams male...I can understand that since the Y chromosome denotes male in mammals, the X would be the female...but unless a reindeer or if subject to high amounts of testosterone, only male deer possess antlers...sawsbuck and stantler still bother me...stantler I can understand since it was before gender differences and taking off its antlers would be too much...but sawsbuck, it should have been a male exclusive species with a "sawsdoe" counterpart...without antlers but rather ornamental cranial flora that varies with the seasons....
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!
    _________________________

    Pokemon Y Team:




    my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

  12. #7337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    If anything, Xerneas screams male...I can understand that since the Y chromosome denotes male in mammals, the X would be the female...but unless a reindeer or if subject to high amounts of testosterone, only male deer possess antlers...sawsbuck and stantler still bother me...stantler I can understand since it was before gender differences and taking off its antlers would be too much...but sawsbuck, it should have been a male exclusive species with a "sawsdoe" counterpart...without antlers but rather ornamental cranial flora that varies with the seasons....
    Last time I checked, "Mythical" Legendary Pokémon do not have genders except for that Lugia in the anime.




        Spoiler:- Credits::

    - please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

  13. #7338
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    With Yo Mamma
    Posts
    2,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    If anything, Xerneas screams male...I can understand that since the Y chromosome denotes male in mammals, the X would be the female...but unless a reindeer or if subject to high amounts of testosterone, only male deer possess antlers...sawsbuck and stantler still bother me...stantler I can understand since it was before gender differences and taking off its antlers would be too much...but sawsbuck, it should have been a male exclusive species with a "sawsdoe" counterpart...without antlers but rather ornamental cranial flora that varies with the seasons....
    One or two species of deer have antlers present on the females. I think it's the gracefulness.

    I wonder when we'll see Xerneas and Yvetal in action. You dirty b*stard! I did NOT mean it in that way. They may be chromosome-themed, but that doesn't justify your dirty thoughts! ;P

    Anyway, I hope that neither Xerneas or Yvetal have a Hyper Beam variant Sig Move.

  14. #7339
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    179

    Default

    If we consider that the themes of this Gen seem to be stemming from European folklore and myth we can surmise that the stories/legendaries will be based off of same. Most Nordic myths follow the basic premise of "evil beat menacing the townsfolk (i.e., Yveltal) but the appearance of a powerfully good warrior (i.e., Xerneas) appears to stand up to the evil and eventually emerges triumphant. Yveltal's dark appearance and the seemingly positive "aura" (not to be confused with Lucario's aura) of Xerneas seem to parallel those myths. Now what does this have with their potential typing....? Potentially nothing. But GF is rarely haphazard with their game mascots. I mean they didn't make Kyogre a giant fish and then have it be a fire type did they? Let's not over think it. Yveltal is a big red and black bird... it'll probably be dark flying. Xerneas is a mostly blue dear with colorful high lights and swords for feet in a forest. He is harder to type because there are more distinctive characteristics, but I think we /could/ assume fighting with the swords. The rest doesn't immediately imply a KNOWN type, hence the speculation that it could be a new type. The long storied 'light' type seems appropriate and could counter the DARK type. Which wouldn't be bad as Dark currently only has two counters, bug and fighting.

    This is all obvious speculation but it seems to be grounded in logic. We'll see! I'm looking forward to it!
    -sflytal

    I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

    My level 100s:

  15. #7340
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sflytal View Post
    If we consider that the themes of this Gen seem to be stemming from European folklore and myth we can surmise that the stories/legendaries will be based off of same. Most Nordic myths follow the basic premise of "evil beat menacing the townsfolk (i.e., Yveltal) but the appearance of a powerfully good warrior (i.e., Xerneas) appears to stand up to the evil and eventually emerges triumphant. Yveltal's dark appearance and the seemingly positive "aura" (not to be confused with Lucario's aura) of Xerneas seem to parallel those myths. Now what does this have with their potential typing....? Potentially nothing. But GF is rarely haphazard with their game mascots. I mean they didn't make Kyogre a giant fish and then have it be a fire type did they? Let's not over think it. Yveltal is a big red and black bird... it'll probably be dark flying. Xerneas is a mostly blue dear with colorful high lights and swords for feet in a forest. He is harder to type because there are more distinctive characteristics, but I think we /could/ assume fighting with the swords. The rest doesn't immediately imply a KNOWN type, hence the speculation that it could be a new type. The long storied 'light' type seems appropriate and could counter the DARK type. Which wouldn't be bad as Dark currently only has two counters, bug and fighting.

    This is all obvious speculation but it seems to be grounded in logic. We'll see! I'm looking forward to it!
    To be fair, when people were exposed to GSC, they assumed that because Lugia was swimming underwater and that it was referenced as the "Guardian of the Sea," by the pokedex had a lot of people thinking that it would be Water/Flying (an interesting conflict that would've resulted in, considering that Ho-Oh is Fire/Flying). So even you had the classic Fire vs. Water + High vs. Low symbolism (Ho-Oh at the top of the Bell Tower, while Lugia resides at the depths of Whirl Island, likely below sea level), yet GameFreak didn't actually play it that way. So they typing argument rarely ever turns out the way fans interpret it to be (as you've mentioned, unless it's a straightforward case like Kyogre-Groudon). As for the light type, it's not that Dark needs another counter. Besides the only reason we've gotten a new type in Gen II was because of game balancing issues (Psychics being OP). If we were to justify light type to counter Darks, we would first have to see if Darks were quite overpowered, and quite frankly that doesn't seem to be the case. Plus you can also argue that that the Light types' roles are already being played by Fighting and Psychics, so it's sort of redundant.

  16. #7341
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    To be fair, when people were exposed to GSC, they assumed that because Lugia was swimming underwater and that it was referenced as the "Guardian of the Sea," by the pokedex had a lot of people thinking that it would be Water/Flying (an interesting conflict that would've resulted in, considering that Ho-Oh is Fire/Flying). So even you had the classic Fire vs. Water + High vs. Low symbolism (Ho-Oh at the top of the Bell Tower, while Lugia resides at the depths of Whirl Island, likely below sea level), yet GameFreak didn't actually play it that way. So they typing argument rarely ever turns out the way fans interpret it to be (as you've mentioned, unless it's a straightforward case like Kyogre-Groudon). As for the light type, it's not that Dark needs another counter. Besides the only reason we've gotten a new type in Gen II was because of game balancing issues (Psychics being OP). If we were to justify light type to counter Darks, we would first have to see if Darks were quite overpowered, and quite frankly that doesn't seem to be the case. Plus you can also argue that that the Light types' roles are already being played by Fighting and Psychics, so it's sort of redundant.
    Excellent points all!

    I would counter that the Dark type was only reacted in order to counter Psychics. Psychics were only OP because they made the only Ghost line partially poison. All they needed to do was create a bulky mono ghost type and make them resistant (not just normally effective) to the Psychic type. They didn't NEED to do a new type.

    I think the main reason to introduce a new type at this point is because it would open up a whole new vista of type combination possibilities and just mix things up. Building a team is pretty easy because we all know the type advantages. A new type would make it more difficult again and also more fun in my opinion.

    I Like what a few people have said about making Poison super effective against water. Right now the only thing that type has going for it is the Poison status effect. I'd like them to get a boost.
    -sflytal

    I try to use at least one Pokemon that is new to me each time I play through a game.

    My level 100s:

  17. #7342
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    326

    Default

    This may seem weird, but I would love it if Yveital and Xerneus could be breed and each have a prevo (yes the Phione/Manaphy thing) that doesn't evolve into them. Maybe to make it special, you have to go through some special process to make it lay an egg (ie not in a breeding center) and it will only produce one and then never again.

    I just think prevos of each would be amazing design wise.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

    [IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

  18. #7343
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    This may seem weird, but I would love it if Yveital and Xerneus could be breed and each have a prevo (yes the Phione/Manaphy thing) that doesn't evolve into them. Maybe to make it special, you have to go through some special process to make it lay an egg (ie not in a breeding center) and it will only produce one and then never again.

    I just think prevos of each would be amazing design wise.
    ...what? Honestly that would not be possible since mascots never got a pre evo legend. It could happen for another Mew legend though like what happened with Manaphy and Phione. That is your best bet.

  19. #7344
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applemania View Post
    This may seem weird, but I would love it if Yveital and Xerneus could be breed and each have a prevo (yes the Phione/Manaphy thing) that doesn't evolve into them. Maybe to make it special, you have to go through some special process to make it lay an egg (ie not in a breeding center) and it will only produce one and then never again.

    I just think prevos of each would be amazing design wise.
    Pokemon Z could possibly come from Xerneas and Yveltal. That'd be cool.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    ...what? Honestly that would not be possible since mascots never got a pre evo legend.
    It would be a very weird occurence for a mascot to breed, but the new generation should involve different things even if it meant mascot legends breeding. Howwever, maybe the chibi legend could be bred from some other legendaries.

    I might be late to ask, but would their be the possibility that Latias and Latios will have more of their backstory involved in this gen? For example, could there be more Latis, like the originals' parents?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

    I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

  20. #7345
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Pokemon Z could possibly come from Xerneas and Yveltal. That'd be cool.



    It would be a very weird occurence for a mascot to breed, but the new generation should involve different things even if it meant mascot legends breeding. Howwever, maybe the chibi legend could be bred from some other legendaries.

    I might be late to ask, but would their be the possibility that Latias and Latios will have more of their backstory involved in this gen? For example, could there be more Latis, like the originals' parents?
    I was discussing the idea of a 3rd Eon pokemon to go with the eon duo last night with some friends. In my honest opinion, it sounds like a really probable idea.

  21. #7346
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    I was discussing the idea of a 3rd Eon pokemon to go with the eon duo last night with some friends. In my honest opinion, it sounds like a really probable idea.
    I don't think the Eon species are done being featured yet! A bigger Gray or Green Lati would be pretty cool to see. However, wouldn't that also mean another movie on the Eon Pokémon this gen? If so, I don't mind GameFreak endorsing all of the previous three gen legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

    I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.

  22. #7347
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    I don't think the Eon species are done being featured yet! A bigger Gray or Green Lati would be pretty cool to see. However, wouldn't that also mean another movie on the Eon Pokémon this gen? If so, I don't mind GameFreak endorsing all of the previous three gen legendaries.
    Hmmm it is odd though that they are a duo and not trio. The only duo so far are the Mew duo and the eon duo legendary pokemon. The rest all have masters which makes it more probable that the Eon duo will get a master in x and y. I truly hope this is the case because I love Latias and Latios.

  23. #7348
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Hmmm it is odd though that they are a duo and not trio. The only duo so far are the Mew duo and the eon duo legendary pokemon. The rest all have masters which makes it more probable that the Eon duo will get a master in x and y. I truly hope this is the case because I love Latias and Latios.
    So, you shut down a guy's idea because it has never happened before (non-evolvable baby mascot), but you are truly hoping for and somewhat expecting something that has never happened before (a third member of a duo that existed three full generations ago)?

  24. #7349
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Wait what? An addition to a duo from three gens ago?
    I mean the xerneas and yveltal breeding might make more sense as they HAVE done something similar also latios and latias are brother and sister what would the third one be? Their father?
    While I wouldn't necessarily advocate it, xerneas and yveltal breeding is always a possibility

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  25. #7350
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Wandering...
    Posts
    1,169

    Default

    I don't see the problem with adding a Pokemon to a duo that was made 1 or 3 or 50 generations ago.
    All they have to do is come up with a good story/excuse for it, it'd be okay.

Page 294 of 472 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •