Page 299 of 472 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    There's going to be a copyright infringement from Marvel if they us that !
    I really hope they remain a duo. We have had enough trios.
    that's no problem at all considering the multiple pokemon we are going to have after this generation
    and like it or not, since gen III box legends have always had a third legend to go with it

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    that's no problem at all considering the multiple pokemon we are going to have after this generation
    and like it or not, since gen III box legends have always had a third legend to go with it
    True, but that was coz there was always going to be a third version. Post bw2 that is no longer true.
    I actually don't mind a quartet infact. Just something different. A quartet would make more sense if they pulled another bw2.
    @your boss: I don't think we will ht 800+ pokes this gen.

True, but that was coz there was always going to be a third version. Post bw2 that is no longer true.
    I actually don't mind a quartet infact. Just something different. A quartet would make more sense if they pulled another bw2.
    trios are most likely going to stay a tradition for the main legends whether you like it or not.
    there are trio masters, technically making it a quartet, but still not necessarily

Ask me stupid stuff

trios are most likely going to stay a tradition for the main legends whether you like it or not.
    there are trio masters, technically making it a quartet, but still not necessarily
    You can't say. GF can do lots of stuff. There is no reason that it has to stay a tradition.

@your boss: I don't think we will ht 800+ pokes this gen.
    I never specifically mentioned Gen VI in my previous post but logically were going to hit #800 soon whether it's Gen VI or not.

As for the amount of legendaries this generation I wouldn't mind a lot or just a little quantity. I don't see why so many legendaries is such a problem. My guess is 10 or 8 this generation.

You can't say. GF can do lots of stuff. There is no reason that it has to stay a tradition.
    sure i can't say, but there are certain aspects of the game that won't change

Ask me stupid stuff

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I never specifically mentioned Gen VI in my previous post but logically were going to hit #800 soon whether it's Gen VI or not.

As for the amount of legendaries this generation I wouldn't mind a lot or just a little quantity. I don't see why so many legendaries is such a problem. My guess is 10 or 8 this generation.
    The think is that most of these legends have almost no backstory behind them. They just become a way for GF to distribute events and stuff.

The think is that most of these legends have almost no backstory behind them. They just become a way for GF to distribute events and stuff.
    that is not necessarily true, as almost every legend this past generation have had a backstory to them, if GF introduces a lot of legends, they won't just screw it up, GF is a business they learn from the past i do not see why they would digress into legends with no backstory to them again

Ask me stupid stuff

If I recall correctly, only the Bird Trio and Lati@s have none and I think Heatran too which is just 6 legendaries out of the 40+ legendaries. At least Generation V's legendaries all have a story along with Generation II.

that is not necessarily true, as almost every legend this past generation have had a backstory to them, if GF introduces a lot of legends, they won't just screw it up, GF is a business they learn from the past i do not see why they would digress into legends with no backstory to them again
    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    If I recall correctly, only the Bird Trio and Lati@s have none and I think Heatran too which is just 6 legendaries out of the 40+ legendaries. At least Generation V's legendaries all have a story along with Generation II.
    Most of the legends of gen 4 and 5 did have their own back story, but, it was small and was largely independent of the main story line. IMO, that should change. Maybe bring these legends into the main story, or cut on the number.

Most of the legends of gen 4 and 5 did have their own back story, but, it didn't was small and largely independent of the main story line. IMO, that should change. Maybe bring these legends into the main story, or cut on the number.
    why would they have to cut the number?
    they have never decreased the number of legends
    also i am pretty sure a handful of legends isn't a big deal compared to the 600+ pokemon we have and will be much more after this gen

Ask me stupid stuff

why would they have to cut the number?
    they have never decreased the number of legends
    also i am pretty sure a handful of legends isn't a big deal compared to the 600+ pokemon we have and will be much more after this gen
    Ur not getting my point. What I'm trying to say is that it would be better if we could include all the legendaries into the main story line. If GF finds it difficult to give 10 or so legends a significant role in the main story, then they can always reduce it to maybe 5 or something.

Ur not getting my point. What I'm trying to say is that it would be better if we could include all the legendaries into the main story line. If GF finds it difficult to give 10 or so legends a significant role in the main story, then they can always reduce it to maybe 5 or something.
    while that would be cool, do you have any idea how difficult it would be to incorporate 13 or more legends into the main storyline? this isn't a huge skyrim or assassin's creed storyline, this is for a handheld.
    and that would be no excuse to reduce the legend amount, as GF would be criticized for laziness. if they have a backstory, isn't that enough

Ask me stupid stuff

while that would be cool, do you have any idea how difficult it would be to incorporate 13 or more legends into the main storyline? this isn't a huge skyrim or assassin's creed storyline, this is for a handheld.
    and that would be no excuse to reduce the legend amount, as GF would be criticized for laziness. if they have a backstory, isn't that enough
    Why in the world would they be criticized for laziness ??
    Seriously, I feel for GF, they get criticized for anything they do.

Why in the world would they be criticized for laziness ??
    Seriously, I feel for GF, they get criticized for anything they do.
    regardless, people will bash them for being lazy
    a multimillion dollar company is going to get criticized for anything they do wrong
    the bigger the company is, the harder things are to control, kind of like the faster you go in a car, the smaller movements have big effects
    so they are going to know to watch their step many people would flip if they lower it, especially if they lower the amount to 5

Ask me stupid stuff

regardless, people will bash them for being lazy
    a multimillion dollar company is going to get criticized for anything they do wrong
    the bigger the company is, the harder things are to control, kind of like the faster you go in a car, the smaller movements have big effects
    so they are going to know to watch their step many people would flip if they lower it, especially if they lower the amount to 5
    Hmmm...., I always thought that most people would welcome a smaller pool of legends, coz many people say that there are too many legends and it's never going to be like gen 1 and 2.
    This fandom is highely divided, what may seem good for some may be bad for others. I don't think GF cares too much, coz they their fans are going to play no matter what. They just make good games not care about these small issues that not everybody will like.

So, do you think Hiros theory is true? ((If you don't know check the rumors thread at the top))

Hmmm...., I always thought that most people would welcome a smaller pool of legends, coz many people say that there are too many legends and it's never going to be like gen 1 and 2.
    This fandom is highely divided, what may seem good for some may be bad for others. I don't think GF cares too much, coz they their fans are going to play no matter what. They just make good games not care about these small issues that not everybody will like.
    those my friend, are what you call genwunners and piss on everything GF does because tepig isn't like charmander
    (no joke)
    and of course they care, because if they screwed up so much as only putting in 5 legends, MANY of the fanbase would be upset and most (believe it or not) won't play and as they say in business, "you do not want to lose your regulars"

Quote Originally Posted by Mewthree Gene View Post
    So, do you think Hiros theory is true? ((If you don't know check the rumors thread at the top))
    about Xerneas?
    sure fairy type could happen but i don't think Xerneas would be under that category

Ask me stupid stuff

I'm expecting eight legendary Pokemon this time around.

Xerneas - Steel/Grass or Fairy
    Yveltal - Flying/Dark
    Chimera Legendary - Dragon/Rock
    Gorgon Legendary - Psychic/Rock
    Cerberus Legendary - Fire Rock
    Z Pokemon - Water/Poison
    Small Event Legendary - Grass/Electric or Grass/Fairy
    Other Event Legendary - Ghost

i really want more dark legends and bug legends (maybe more grass)
    also it is time for a poison legend, i can see one based off of mercury, and being steel/poison
    it could learn a steel move that has a 30% chance of poisoning your opponent
    also if it has levitate, it would have one weakness and that being fire

Ask me stupid stuff

Zekrom and Reshiram were revealed on May 28th, 2010, and had their types partially revealed-Dragon-Types. Them being Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric was revealed on June 11th, not even a full month later. Xerny and Yvey have been known about for 3 months and 19 days, over double as long! Why you no reveal types GF????

Going by the Yggdrasil Theory:

Yvetal-Ghost/Flying-Gawd, I'd never guess it's Flying! But anyway, the Blind Yggdrasil Eagle or Falcon (Can't remember!) could see into people's souls, right? And the fact it's a bird. So yeah. Flying. I could see it have an ability were it has a 10% chance of a Physical attack not hitting it, as well as avoiding Stealth Rock. Has Serperior/Tornadus-T like stats, but as it has a higher BST (Probably 680) it could afford higher HP and Attack. Probably be Physical, and I see it knowing primarily Flying-Type Moves, Ghost-Type Moves, Fighting-Type Moves and Slashing-Moves. A Night Slash/*New Ghost Sig Claw Move*/Acrobatics or Brave Bird/Fighting Move of your choice would make a very dangerous movepool. It with Drain Punch 0_o

Xerneas-Fairy/Electric (New Types Included) or Psychic/Electric-It's a majestic deer, and Europe is famous for Fairy-Tales. Psychic is like the closest real type to it, so that if not Fairy. Electric because the branch-horns and gems remind me of Christmas lights. An ability that gives you a 10% chance of dodging any Special Attack, and stops entry hazards. Has a Reshiram-like spread, with lower attack, slightly higher special defense, lower defense, higher HP and higher speed. A movepool of *New Fairy or Psychic Sig Move*/Thunder(bolt)/Ice Beam/*Fire or Fighting Move* would rock. Probably.

I really see Xerneas as being at least part Grass. He has multiple possible references to different legends that involve forest deities or trees, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I really see Xerneas as being at least part Grass. He has multiple possible references to different legends that involve forest deities or trees, etc.
    Meh... I see psychic because of the antlers. Xerneas should probably not be a "voice" of the forest because it would be identical to Celebi.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Meh... I see psychic because of the antlers. Xerneas should probably not be a "voice" of the forest because it would be identical to Celebi.
    Grass/Psychic is the typing that I truly want for Xerneas. However, if Yveltal is going to be Dark/Flying then Xerneas needs something else as he would be at a complete disadvantage

I would also like some unique abilities for the legends that aren't just Pressure or Mold Breaker with a new name(I'm looking at you Reshi/Zek)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Gah while grass/psychic sounds cool, i would rather not, as it has seven weaknesses and one of them being a 4X weakness

Ask me stupid stuff

Page 299 of 472 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast