Page 304 of 472 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    ..that would mean then new form is called mewtwo x?
    I think they're just using it as a Placeholder.

Mewtwo, a Pokemon with the most savage heart... Is a fairy!!!!! Plot twist!!!!!!!

Anyway, my guess is Electric/Fairy or Electric/Psychic and Dark/FLying.

No it's just... to know that, like, clefairy was being changed to a fairy type, they must have seen its name next to fairy type.
    To know that the new form is a fairy type, they must have seen its name next to fairy type.

I mean that's not for sure, but it could be possible?

You're probably right with the placeholder name though
    Last edited by Regality; 28th April 2013 at 9:11 PM.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Something that bugs me about this. I'm assuming dan=hirobyte, but people have been following his twitter for a while and I can't say I recall him saying all those Pokemon (bar Clefairy and saying he wasn't sure about Togepi) would be fairy type.
    And that post was posted by some random guy in the comments section of the Pokejungle article 5 days ago so credibility seems a bit...lacking?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Something that bugs me about this. I'm assuming dan=hirobyte, but people have been following his twitter for a while and I can't say I recall him saying all those Pokemon (bar Clefairy and saying he wasn't sure about Togepi) would be fairy type.
    And that post was posted by some random guy in the comments section of the Pokejungle article 5 days ago so credibility seems a bit...lacking?
    That's what I'm thinking I mean it just was random and out of nowhere. Plus anyone could say there the Hiro person and post "New Fairy types are coming".

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    Someone posted this on Pokejungle..

So I talked to Dan over twitter and using google translate, and this is what he told me:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Audino, Chansey, Blissey, Snubbull, Granbull, Plusle, and Minun will be the only one's that will be retyped to Fairy, with Plusle/Minun being Fairy/Electric, and Snubbull/Granbull being Normal/Fairy. The other pokes I named will lose their normal typing for Fairy. Togetic will NOT be retyped to fairy, because it already has two types (Normal/Flying) and has a secondary egg group that would ruin its movepool-breeding with other pokes.

As for legends, The original Mew will also be retyped to Psychic/Fairy. Mewtwo will remain Psychic, but once you awaken it to its "Mewtwo X" form, it will become Psychic/Fairy just like the original Mew.

EDIT: Focus on the Mew and MEwtwo part :P
    I really doubt this. I find it rather odd that the likes of Togepi, Celebi and Jirachi aren't getting their types changed although they are very worthy candidates.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno.Fan View Post
    I really doubt this. I find it rather odd that the likes of Togepi, Celebi and Jirachi aren't getting their types changed although they are very worthy candidates.
    He didn't mention anything about the Pixies, so they're in the Twilight Zone, but the Togepi-Line he gave a (albeit crappy) excuse.

But I believe in Fairy/Flying Togekiss!!!!

Anyway, all the Pixies except Shaymin (Both Formes) and Mew have their types edited to adjust to Fairy.

Also, I hope Xerneas' Sig Move has a chance of Paralyzing. If Fairy/Electric, woud be called Fairy Charge, and if Psychic/Electric, it'd be Neural Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Dark is also pure darkness and fear as exampled by Darkrai, Spiritomb, and others as well as stealth and sneaky tactics

Fighting also seems to simply be about brawling and martial arts, simply following a system of fighting does not make one honorable and nor would "by the book" fighting trump shadow tactics
    To the first: It wasn't until fourth gen that the Dark Type gained elements of the shadowy nightmare darkness stuff. When it was introduced, it was simply dirty fighting. Biting, scratching and using cheap tactics to win. With the exception of some more recent moves like Dark Pulse and Night Slash, look at what moves are dark types. Stealing items, biting, sucker punching, etc. That's all cheap, dirty evil tactics.

To the second: Fighting types are not brawlers. They have distinct martial arts fighting style, and most of their techniques are martial arts/wrestling moves that are learned through long training. Fighting types are like the "hero" types, they stand for truth, justice and honor. The Scraggy line is the only one I can think of that are brawlers, because they're based on street combat.

Quote Originally Posted by EliJolesy View Post
    I never really saw the Fighting Type as an example of honest fighting and justice. I always saw it as an example of strength and the different styles of fighting: kickboxing, boxing, etc..

Which yes I know different styles of fighting has elements of fair play and honesty and such.
    See above. Fighting types are supposed to be like action movie stars. They're the good guys.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    To the first: It wasn't until fourth gen that the Dark Type gained elements of the shadowy nightmare darkness stuff. When it was introduced, it was simply dirty fighting. Biting, scratching and using cheap tactics to win. With the exception of some more recent moves like Dark Pulse and Night Slash, look at what moves are dark types. Stealing items, biting, sucker punching, etc. That's all cheap, dirty evil tactics.

To the second: Fighting types are not brawlers. They have distinct martial arts fighting style, and most of their techniques are martial arts/wrestling moves that are learned through long training. Fighting types are like the "hero" types, they stand for truth, justice and honor. The Scraggy line is the only one I can think of that are brawlers, because they're based on street combat.

See above. Fighting types are supposed to be like action movie stars. They're the good guys.

Yes, but as you said, Dark has now got elements of Nightmares, meaning a Light-Type is slowly becoming more relevant.

Anyway, if Xerneas and Yvetal have speeds of 90 or 95, I will burst! But not like that manga!

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Even Dark Pulse and Night Slash rely on cheap tactics.

The only Dark-type moves that pertain to darkness are Night Daze and Dark Void, which are the signature moves of two Dark-type Pokémon who use darkness as a gimmick (and even then, one of those two is a trickster, so in that instance, it's still more along the lines of cheap tactics).

The way I see it, Dark types rely on Dirty tactics to win. These are trumped by the heroic, honorable, fighting types. Fighting types in turn are beaten down by Psychics, which signifies brain over brawn. Last, Psychic types are taken down by Dark types, showing that even the mind can be tricked. But enough of my type chart speculation. Back to the Legendaries. What do you think this gen's trio will be? Like Arcticuno/Zapdos/Moltres type trio.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Yes, but as you said, Dark has now got elements of Nightmares, meaning a Light-Type is slowly becoming more relevant.
    Okay, total honesty time, I've got no idea where a Light type would even come from. Remember that in the original Japanese, Dark is called Evil type. So we have the good guy types of Psychic and Fighting. But then, there's also the Electric and Fire types. Pretty much every "light" move would fall under than umbrella. In other RPGs, light element attacks are basically just lightning. We've already got a type for that, and its like a "sun" type, then fire's already got that covered. Likewise, I don't get the Magic or Fairy types because, while Psychic isn't exactly magic and more expanded mental capacity, it would seem redundant to me to introduce another type that would serve basically a similar role with similar attacks to those already found in Psychic and Normal types.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    The way I see it, Dark types rely on Dirty tactics to win. These are trumped by the heroic, honorable, fighting types. Fighting types in turn are beaten down by Psychics, which signifies brain over brawn. Last, Psychic types are taken down by Dark types, showing that even the mind can be tricked. But enough of my type chart speculation. Back to the Legendaries. What do you think this gen's trio will be? Like Arcticuno/Zapdos/Moltres type trio.
    ^Yes, perfect. I approve this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    I'd like that if this region is the whole Europe, we get a legendary trio like this-

Electric/Flying Eagle
    Water/Ground Horse
    Dark/Ghost Cereberus

It's based off of the Big Three Greek Gods, Zeus, God of Lightning/Thunder and The Sky, Poseidon, God of the Sea, Storms and Earthquakes and Hades, God of the Dead, The Underworld and though this belongs more to his Roman form, riches under ground. Based on their sacred animals.You could breed them with a female (all three are male) Human-Shaped Pokemon to get a Phione-like Demigod Pokemon. Perhaps a secondary trio of:

Normal/Flying Peacock
    New-Type (Love or Fairy?)/Flying Dove
    Psychic/Flying Owl

Based on Hera, goddess of marriage and woman, Aphrodite, Goddess of Lurve and Athena, Goddess of Wisdom. All Female and based on the god's sacred animals. Hera will refuse to mate with anything except Zeus, Aphrodite is in the Ditto Egg Group (LURVE IS EVERYWHERE!!!!!) and Athena breeds with human-shaped, but she doesn't really do the dance with no pants. Aphrodite and Athena can have demigods, which will happily fall in lurve with a Jupiter (Zeus' Roman Forme) and Poseidon Demigods.

I think I've been reading way too much PJO and HoO 0_o
    Maybe a little bit too much PJO and HO, but hey, I like your idea! =) I don't think that it'll happen, though, if this place is meant to be France. If it's Europe in general, then it could work.

Either way, nice job! You've put some thought into this interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bolt View Post
    Anyone got any idea why Xerneas is supposed to be Fairy type? I mean it's a deer, how is it related to fairies?

Makes no sense.
    It's because he's on crack. It's the only possible answer.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Fairies are mythical magical creatures associated with the supernatural. That also happens to be a good description of Xerneas.
    By that argument, you could claim that at least three quarters of the list of currently released legendaries (if not more) are Fairy-type.

A Fairy-type? That's a breeding group, or a species classification, not an actual type. I think Sylveon will be Normal-type, like most other Fairy Pokémon. There might be an off-chance that it'd be Flying, but I think that if it is, it'll likely be Normal AND Flying.

I also think Yveltal will either be Rock/Dragon, Fire/Dragon, or Dark/Dragon. Why Rock/Dragon? Well, there have been weirder type combos for legendaries before. *glares accusingly at Palkia... >.>*

Xerneas might also be Grass/Electric, but if he is based on the nervous system, then Psychic/Electric makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    Heard of a move called cosmic power? It could very easily just be using this move.
    THANK YOU. A REASONABLE COUNTER TO THE "SYLVEON USES MAGIC" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    BTW, who ever said Mr Mime is magical? He is just plain creepy.
    Who votes new "Creepy-type"? Mr. Mime, Hypno, Jynx, Seismitoad, and other folks.
    Last edited by Lord Zoroark; 29th April 2013 at 1:09 AM.

Someone posted this on Pokejungle..

So I talked to Dan over twitter and using google translate, and this is what he told me:

Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Audino, Chansey, Blissey, Snubbull, Granbull, Plusle, and Minun will be the only one's that will be retyped to Fairy, with Plusle/Minun being Fairy/Electric, and Snubbull/Granbull being Normal/Fairy. The other pokes I named will lose their normal typing for Fairy. Togetic will NOT be retyped to fairy, because it already has two types (Normal/Flying) and has a secondary egg group that would ruin its movepool-breeding with other pokes.

As for legends, The original Mew will also be retyped to Psychic/Fairy. Mewtwo will remain Psychic, but once you awaken it to its "Mewtwo X" form, it will become Psychic/Fairy just like the original Mew.

EDIT: Focus on the Mew and MEwtwo part :P
    I could see this happening. But I doubt it. But where does this comes from again?
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

I could see this happening. But I doubt it. But where does this comes from again?
    A troll on crack.

Here. Wasnt meant to be taken seriously small fyi

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG
    He's on crack, I tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    He's on crack, I tell you.
    Could be crack. Shoot, whoever started this light/fairy/cosmo/sound/etc type speculation years ago was probably on crack too.

I just don't see anymore new typing. They haven't added any new types since the second generation and they only got away with it then because there wasn't that many Pokemon
    Oh my gosh. You can tell I havent been on here since before X & Y was released.... Signature was before fairy type was even confirmed. Oh lordy that's been awhile ago.

Could be crack. Shoot, whoever started this light/fairy/cosmo/sound/etc type speculation years ago was probably on crack too.

I just don't see anymore new typing. They haven't added any new types since the second generation and they only got away with it then because there wasn't that many Pokemon
    And because the type chart was really messed up, with Psychic and Dragon being crazy OP. And retyping one evolution line a generation later is not at all the same thing as retyping a huge batch, not to mention an iconic legendary, several generations after the fact.

Capture.JPG
    Someone tell me this is just somebody trolling. Mew becoming dual type? I do not buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Someone tell me this is just somebody trolling. Mew becoming dual type? I do not buy it.
    It probably is because literally no one has mentioned this outside of this one guy who made the comment 5 days ago.

TBH I expect every legendary (Except the once being dragon type) to became fairy type...if the rumors are true!!

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    TBH I expect every legendary (Except the once being dragon type) to became fairy type...if the rumors are true!!
    Fairy type Groudon?

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Wait what? This makes absolutely no sense, what's wrong with having a draconic fairy esque Pokémon? And it's a given the legendaries are going to be different types.

Page 304 of 472 FirstFirst ... 204254294300301302303304305306307308314354404 ... LastLast