Page 315 of 472 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

I know the simi's are based on the hear/speak and see no evil monkeys
    But I'm talking about mystical fairy's like uxie
    Once there not based on Monkeys then it wouldn't be a copy and a better concept than just have simipours eyes closed for example

LIke one has big glowing eyes, no ears and closed mouth
    Another has big great elf ears closed eyes and mouth
    The other has a open mouth closed eyes and no ears
    Or something

Also maybe make it a quartet
    One having the touch sense maybe having a big feeler antenna

Edit: also maybe pushing it but a leader of the lot, 5th sense?
    Last edited by adamfitz; 6th May 2013 at 10:58 PM.

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    Huh. Googled that, never would have known otherwise. I thought you were just spouting nonsense!

I think Light and Sound have nothing to do with the senses. You could easily make a senses trio without needing light or sound. Light may have some bit of potential, but if Sound is ever made into a pokemon type, I may very well quit. And I'm not one of those folks who goes around saying they'll quit over every little thing!
    Well, as you need light to see and sound to talk and hear, I would say light and sound have literally everything to do with the senses @adamfitz mentioned. While I'm not defending Light and Sound as new types or even types for the trio, they are pretty relevant.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

I could definitely see Normal for a trio like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I could definitely see Normal for a trio like that...

Yeah all normal typed
    Except maybe the leader could be psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Well, as you need light to see and sound to talk and hear, I would say light and sound have literally everything to do with the senses @adamfitz mentioned. While I'm not defending Light and Sound as new types or even types for the trio, they are pretty relevant.
    I meant you could make a senses trio without light and sound being types. Obviously light and sound themselves are more than relevant to sight and hearing haha.

And adamfitz, your ideas are great. I really like the way that sounds.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    Yeah all normal typed
    Except maybe the leader could be psychic?
    Would the leader have like all three aspects of the others? Big eyes, big mouth, big ears? That sounds terrifying lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    Would the leader have like all three aspects of the others? Big eyes, big mouth, big ears? That sounds terrifying lol
    Yeah or else none? Instead a psychic gem or just glowing pattern....

I know the simi's are based on the hear/speak and see no evil monkeys
    But I'm talking about mystical fairy's like uxie
    Once there not based on Monkeys then it wouldn't be a copy and a better concept than just have simipours eyes closed for example

Or something

Also maybe make it a quartet
    One having the touch sense maybe having a big feeler antenna

Edit: also maybe pushing it but a leader of the lot, 5th sense?
    I don't see why it can't be a group of six. Hell, the Eeveelution group is up to 9 members now.
    I think five members based on the human senses would be cool and a leader or maybe an anti-member (like Giratina or Kyurem) based on the sixth sense relating to death and ghosts.
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

Yeah or else none?
    Slender-mon? Lol
    Instead a psychic gem or just glowing pattern....
    That could work, know I'm picturing a lake guardian with a regi face on it

Slender-mon hahahaha
    And yeah the image in my mind is somewhat like the lake guardians

Maybe a bit more humanoid Pokémon to portray the three concepts.
    Maybe even statue like Legendaries that have each of their own abilities that negate opponents stat when seen, heard, or acted upon (speak basically).
    Intimidate is the obvious one for the "See No Evil" Pokémon and just make the ability negate Special Defense rather than Attack, but the "Hear No Evil" and the "Speak No Evil" Legendary abilities would be difficult or puzzling.
    Maybe the "Speak No Evil" Legend could have an ability that negates Special Attack of the opponent if the opponent uses a move projected from the mouth.
    And the "Hear No Evil" Legend could have an ability that lowers HP on non-damagin moves that require sound (i.e. Grasswhistle, Screech, Metal Sound and Sing do 50 damage, Uproar doubles damage).
    I know those are completely broken but their legendaries that would fit into Uber.

I would acually like it if we just had a duo this generation. I don't really want a lot of legendaries...
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    I would acually like it if we just had a duo this generation. I don't really want a lot of legendaries...
    I'm feelin that one. Too many legendaries makes them feel less special, as I've said before.

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by FallBird View Post
    Too many legendaries makes them feel less special, as I've said before.
    But doesn't actually make them less special, as there's no objective metric for "special".

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    But doesn't actually make them less special, as there's no objective metric for "special".
    Wow, there isn't? I always thought there was. T_T

Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    In this case, their use of "special" is synonymous with "rare" or "uncommon" or "distinctive" in which case, there actually is an objective scale.

In this case, their use of "special" is synonymous with "rare" or "uncommon" or "distinctive" in which case, there actually is an objective scale.
    And it's still ridiculous because Legenadaries are still rare & distinctive

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    And it's still ridiculous because Legenadaries are still rare & distinctive
    Precisely. We have 47 (released) legendaries out of the huge amount of Pokemon we already have (649 to be precise), meaning that is only 7.2% of the Pokedex, which is nothing. And a majority of these aren't even easy to get. Also, not to mention legendaries play a role in story lines, and they all (as of recently) have interesting back stories which give an interesting impact on the game

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Precisely. We have 47 (released) legendaries out of the huge amount of Pokemon we already have (649 to be precise), meaning that is only 7.2% of the Pokedex, which is nothing. And a majority of these aren't even easy to get. Also, not to mention legendaries play a role in story lines, and they all (as of recently) have interesting back stories which give an interesting impact on the game
    -Plus-, in terms of the in game they're usually fairly spread out & require some form of sidequest (sometimes being post game)

And, for the initial versions, there's a version split for them which spreads them a little thinner
    RS: Box legend, regi trio, a lati, rayquaza
    DP: Box Legend, pixie trio, cresselia, heatran, giratina (...I have no idea how you'd count Regigigas, to be honest)
    BW: Box legend, musketeer trio, a kami, kyurem (Landorus is kind of iffy like Regigigas)

-Plus-, in terms of the in game they're usually fairly spread out & require some form of sidequest (sometimes being post game)

And, for the initial versions, there's a version split for them which spreads them a little thinner
    RS: Box legend, regi trio, a lati, rayquaza
    DP: Box Legend, pixie trio, cresselia, heatran, giratina (...I have no idea how you'd count Regigigas, to be honest)
    BW: Box legend, musketeer trio, a kami, kyurem (Landorus is kind of iffy like Regigigas)
    well with regigigas i guess it's because you needed to accomplish getting difficult to get legendaries? same with landorus i would assume. possibly just a test of skills

In this case, their use of "special" is synonymous with "rare" or "uncommon" or "distinctive"
    hey thanks

in which case, there actually is an objective scale.
    And as the last few posts show, even if one chooses to mutate the matter into those definitions, the complaints of "TOO MANY!" are still largely unfounded.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I still don't see why people want a dex with 10-15 legendaries. I mean they are not normal pokes. They always have stories behind them that explain as to why they are legendary. Of late we have been getting many legends that have backstories behind them. But, those stories are small and pretty insignificant to the main game story. That makes these extra legendaries pointless and it seems that they are just there to fill up the dex and for events.
    GF should a incorporate all the legendaries into the main story line so that the story becomes really enriched. If they can do that with 10 or so legends then well and good, they should go ahead with that. But, it's easier to make a story on say 5 legends rather that a big story on 10 of them That's why I think it's better we have less legends this gen.
    You are free to think otherwise.

Maybe having many legends was not too ad for gen 4 considering all the mythology and stuff, but it's not needed for gen 6 IMO.

And it's still ridiculous because Legendaries are still rare & distinctive
    I don't consider that so when regarding only legends. The number of legends has increased steadily since the first generation. We used to marvel at the likes of the birds and Mewtwo. We even enjoyed the story of Ho-Oh and the dogs. But now, what is rare when it comes to legendary Pokemon? I didn't even care about half of the legends last generation because there were too many to really awe at individually. I love quests and I love stories, but don't you think it's a tad much to say that fourteen individual creatures were all legends in such a small story and region? If they told me Meloetta and Genesect and Heatran and Deoxys were all just powerful one-off Pokemon, I think I would have been able to accept them a little easier. Because now, Legendary just means really powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I still don't see why people want a dex with 10-15 legendaries. I mean they are not normal pokes. They always have stories behind them that explain as to why they are legendary. Of late we have been getting many legends that have backstories behind them. But, those stories are small and pretty insignificant to the main game story. That makes these extra legendaries pointless and it seems that they are just there to fill up the dex and for events.
    GF should a incorporate all the legendaries into the main story line so that the story becomes really enriched. If they can do that with 10 or so legends then well and good, they should go ahead with that. But, it's easier to make a story on say 5 legends rather that a big story on 10 of them That's why I think it's better we have less legends this gen.
    You are free to think otherwise.

Maybe having many legends was not too ad for gen 4 considering all the mythology and stuff, but it's not needed for gen 6 IMO.
    regardless of how much you all complain about something as pointless as the number of legendaries, there will still be more, and the number won't just drop

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    regardless of how much you all complain about something as pointless as the number of legendaries, there will still be more, and the number won't just drop
    How do you know. You dont work for GF. They can do whatever they want, I'm merely presenting my opinion on this.
    They might very well decrease the number of legends this gen.

Page 315 of 472 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415 ... LastLast