Page 316 of 472 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,900 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #7876
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    How do you know. You dont work for GF. They can do whatever they want, I'm merely presenting my opinion on this.
    They might very well decrease the number of legends this gen.
    but why would they? it's obvious they don't have any plans to just drop the number of legends, as they never have, the number has just steadily increased.
    and no crap i don't work for GF otherwise I wouldn't be speculating, and i never said i did anyways

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  2. #7877
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    regardless of how much you all complain about something as pointless as the number of legendaries, there will still be more, and the number won't just drop
    That's fine. But from now on, if I see you complain about even one existing game mechanic, expect me to remind you that it won't just go away because you dislike it.

    We all have preferences.

  3. #7878
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    That's fine. But from now on, if I see you complain about even one existing game mechanic, expect me to remind you that it won't just go away because you dislike it.

    We all have preferences.
    name one mechanic i have complained about, just one.
    and yes preferences are preferences, but it's fairly obvious that they won't just cut the amount of legendaries, as the numbers just go up. eventually the number might level off, but dropping is highly unlikely, as they are a big selling point in the game as well, along with the box legends

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  4. #7879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    but it's not needed for gen 6 IMO.
    But what defines "need" in these discussions, exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    But now, what is rare when it comes to legendary Pokemon?
    What was "rare" in the first place? They were never "rare" in the sense of being hard to get. Ever. They were sitting right there for you to capture, the earliest roamers notwithstanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I didn't even care about half of the legends last generation because there were too many to really awe at individually.
    And if that's your belief, great, but are you really suggesting they change something on the sole basis that you "didn't care about half of [it]"?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    but don't you think it's a tad much to say that fourteen individual creatures were all legends in such a small story and region?
    Not a bit. Native American lore. Indigenous tribes worldwide. Greco-Roman mythology. Shintoism. Look into any one of these polytheistic beliefs and you know how many deities and/or deified creatures you'll find? Hundreds if not more.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Because now, Legendary just means really powerful.
    It's never truly meant any differently than that. That plus an arbitrary designation on the part of the developers, i.e. "this Pokémon is Legendary but this one is not."

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    How do you know. You dont work for GF. They can do whatever they want
    That's not the argument. Of course they can do whatever they want. The point was that whatever they do or do not do, it absolutely isn't because of fan complaints and/or whining. Injecting the tired "YOU DON'T WORK FOR GAME FREAK!" into the discussion is just throwing debris into the water.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 7th May 2013 at 7:02 AM.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  5. #7880
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    I don't consider that so when regarding only legends. The number of legends has increased steadily since the first generation. We used to marvel at the likes of the birds and Mewtwo. We even enjoyed the story of Ho-Oh and the dogs. But now, what is rare when it comes to legendary Pokemon? I didn't even care about half of the legends last generation because there were too many to really awe at individually. I love quests and I love stories, but don't you think it's a tad much to say that fourteen individual creatures were all legends in such a small story and region? If they told me Meloetta and Genesect and Heatran and Deoxys were all just powerful one-off Pokemon, I think I would have been able to accept them a little easier. Because now, Legendary just means really powerful.
    And yet the birds had no story or presence to them either, they were just... there (though don't get me wrong, I still like them, particularly Articuno). At the very least each legendary introduced now has some story and purpose to their existence, there's been an improvement in that regard even with the increase in numbers.


    A new region awaits us, soon we shall uncover and unlock everything it has to offer...

  6. #7881
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    but why would they? it's obvious they don't have any plans to just drop the number of legends, as they never have, the number has just steadily increased.
    and no crap i don't work for GF otherwise I wouldn't be speculating, and i never said i did anyways
    You can't look at their past to what GF will do. They like to keep us on our toes.
    Regardless, I am saying as to why there SHOULD be less legends not that there WILL. It's fully up to GF to decide whats good for the franchise. As I said eairler, I'm just saying why I feel there should be less legends.

  7. #7882
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Welp, here it goes. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to be shocked, but Rayze Darr disagrees with the majority.

    ... yeah anyway. One of my absolute favorite things about Pokemon games are the quests to hunt down Legendaries. One of the main reasons that R/S/E are my absolute favorite Pokemon games is the Regi hunt. Here we have mythical creatures that we would never even know existed had we not sought them out, and each one is sealed off by an extremely well done translation puzzle. I did, actually, do the Regi hunt once without a guide, years after my last playthrough to ensure I remembered nothing, and it is one of my, if not my absolute, favorite memories in the entire Pokemon franchise.

    I'm all for there being a lot of new Legendaries. I would, however, like to emphasize that I only really want this if they manage to make each encounter unique. I say give us a ton of lost caverns, hidden temples, ancient towers, and the works, and give us a Legendary for each of them. This is one of my biggest complaints so far about B2W2 (currently doing my first playthrough), that the Muskateer Trio jumps at you, all but smacking you in the face. They're impossible to miss, there are no cool environments or puzzles surrounding them, and they're EXTREMELY easy to catch.

    So while I'm all for there being a metric ton of new Legendaries, I really hope they at least make them all exciting.
        Spoiler:- My Blog and Friend Codes:
    My Shinies:

  8. #7883
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    But what defines "need" in these discussions, exactly?
    Read my whole post before you say something. Then you will know what I mean by need.

  9. #7884
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Somewhere by myself...
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    name one mechanic i have complained about, just one.
    and yes preferences are preferences, but it's fairly obvious that they won't just cut the amount of legendaries, as the numbers just go up. eventually the number might level off, but dropping is highly unlikely, as they are a big selling point in the game as well, along with the box legends
    true. they won't make less as it is fun for a trainer to catch a rare hard to catch pokemon and the more of them the better. i guess after a certain number of legendaries they will just keep the same amount. they are a very marketable part of the game so they won't make any less of them.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard and Astaral Shadow of the Under

  10. #7885
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    name one mechanic i have complained about, just one.
    and yes preferences are preferences, but it's fairly obvious that they won't just cut the amount of legendaries, as the numbers just go up. eventually the number might level off, but dropping is highly unlikely, as they are a big selling point in the game as well, along with the box legends
    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    alright guys i have a really cool idea
    i was pretty disappointed when surskit lost it's water typing when it evolved
    well i think it's time for a proper bug/water pokemon
    these little guys are called Notonectidae.
    they are very common in most areas in Europe and in the UK, they are referred to as water boatmen
    they are predators and attack small fish and tadpoles
    to humans, they will bite, similar to that of a mosquito with a tubular mouthpiece
    the thing that is unique about this aquatic bug, is that most aquatic bugs have to cling onto something to stay submerged
    these little guys have solved that problem by using extra oxygen from their hemoglobin, which is what is used in your blood to carry oxygen to your cells, and create air bubbles to stay buoyant. the size of these bubbles changes as the nitrogen dissolves into the blood and is used for respiration.
    these guys can also fly, allowing them to relocate into a different habitat

    Thoughts?

    i know a lot about these guys, as they invade my swimming pool every year
    Oh no, you didn't like Masquerain, I guess you shouldn't complain because they won't just create brand new split evo because of what you want.

    See how that argument feels? It feels dumb and unnecessary.

  11. #7886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Read my whole post before you say something. Then you will know what I mean by need.
    It was at the end of your post, so...

    I'm under no misconception as to what you meant. "Need" is another of those words that gets tossed about in discussions like this without it actually meaning anything. There is no definition of "need". I could say something outlandish like "we don't need Legendaries period" and it would make just as much (i.e. very little) sense.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  12. #7887
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    You can't look at their past to what GF will do. They like to keep us on our toes.
    Regardless, I am saying as to why there SHOULD be less legends not that there WILL. It's fully up to GF to decide whats good for the franchise. As I said eairler, I'm just saying why I feel there should be less legends.
    and I am saying that they don't need to and would be pointless. like BCVM said, it would only result in whining fans and GF is first and foremost a business, and you don't want to lose customers ever whether you're a small one or a large corporation. So yeah they will keep us on our toes, but lessening their legendaries wouldn't keep fans on their toes, it would leave them in disappointment, especially when they were finally starting to improve upon what being a legendary really means. No legendary doesn't just mean they are powerful, legendaries (as of late) are always backed by a legendary back story, and a legendary role, that is what makes them legendaries, not their base stat totals

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    Oh no, you didn't like Masquerain, I guess you shouldn't complain because they won't just create brand new split evo because of what you want.

    See how that argument feels? It feels dumb and unnecessary.
    oh how horrible i didn't like the type of an evolution. that isn't a mechanic for one, and can we get to some actual speculation and discussion instead of you acting like a child, and bickering

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  13. #7888
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Onett
    Posts
    560

    Default

    [

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    and I am saying that they don't need to and would be pointless. like BCVM said, it would only result in whining fans and GF is first and foremost a business, and you don't want to lose customers ever whether you're a small one or a large corporation. So yeah they will keep us on our toes, but lessening their legendaries wouldn't keep fans on their toes, it would leave them in disappointment, especially when they were finally starting to improve upon what being a legendary really means. No legendary doesn't just mean they are powerful, legendaries (as of late) are always backed by a legendary back story, and a legendary role, that is what makes them legendaries, not their base stat totals

    Exactly. Hydreigon has amazing stats but is no legendary.(he should be, he's awesome!)


        Spoiler:- Credit:

  14. #7889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    (he should be, he's awesome!)
    That's missing the point just a bit.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  15. #7890
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It was at the end of your post, so...

    I'm under no misconception as to what you meant. "Need" is another of those words that gets tossed about in discussions like this without it actually meaning anything. There is no definition of "need". I could say something outlandish like "we don't need Legendaries period" and it would make just as much (i.e. very little) sense.
    Yoo just pick one sentence from my post and start ranting on that, completely ignoring the important bits -_-. If you atleast tried to undetstand my argument we could have a worthwhile discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    and I am saying that they don't need to and would be pointless. like BCVM said, it would only result in whining fans and GF is first and foremost a business,
    Not all fans want what you want. There are many who don't want many legends.
    By ur logic, GF wouldn't have a made a new mewtwo forme, given the backlash it got. So, yeah they won't look it stuff like that. They just do what they think is good.

  16. #7891
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    and I am saying that they don't need to and would be pointless. like BCVM said, it would only result in whining fans and GF is first and foremost a business, and you don't want to lose customers ever whether you're a small one or a large corporation. So yeah they will keep us on our toes, but lessening their legendaries wouldn't keep fans on their toes, it would leave them in disappointment, especially when they were finally starting to improve upon what being a legendary really means. No legendary doesn't just mean they are powerful, legendaries (as of late) are always backed by a legendary back story, and a legendary role, that is what makes them legendaries, not their base stat totals



    oh how horrible i didn't like the type of an evolution. that isn't a mechanic for one, and can we get to some actual speculation and discussion instead of you acting like a child, and bickering
    And I just so happen to dislike one part of the games. Point is, you're the one being childish by using a ridiculous argument like "don't expect them to change it because you're complaining." I just so happened to prove to you at your suggestion that you yourself don't like every single part of every single game. I never once expected a change, nor did I say GF was wrong for what they are doing by adding more legendaries. It just seems like less of a rarity to some of us and we hope for a change whether that change comes or not.

  17. #7892
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Yoo just pick one sentence from my post and start ranting on that, completely ignoring the important bits -_-. If you atleast tried to undetstand my argument we could have a worthwhile discussion.


    Not all fans want what you want. There are many who don't want many legends.
    By ur logic, GF wouldn't have a made a new mewtwo forme, given the backlash it got. So, yeah they won't look it stuff like that. They just do what they think is good.
    aaaaaand once again, you didn't read the entirety of the post, or the whole point behind it.
    and believe it or not, the majority of the fan base absolutely loved the mewtwo form when it was first released. You would be surprised what you find out if you actually take the time to find it.

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  18. #7893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    Yoo just pick one sentence from my post and start ranting on that, completely ignoring the important bits -_-. If you atleast tried to undetstand my argument we could have a worthwhile discussion..
    Again, I'm under no misconception as to what you meant.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  19. #7894
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lumiose City, Kalos
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    aaaaaand once again, you didn't read the entirety of the post, or the whole point behind it.
    and believe it or not, the majority of the fan base absolutely loved the mewtwo form when it was first released. You would be surprised what you find out if you actually take the time to find it.
    I did read ur whole post and I replied to it.
    I was saying that just coz some of of you guys would not like it, doesn't mean the whole fan base will not like. There are many who want less legends.
    And again, I'm not saying as to whether this will happen or not. I'm just saying as to why I FEEL it SHOULD happen, not that it will happen. It's completely my opinion. You are free to disagree but please take the time to read it and understand it before just brushing t down the rug.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Again, I'm under no misconception as to what you meant.
    Well it doesn't seem that way, as you don't seem to be giving valuable reasons to ur point in the argument.

  20. #7895
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    YOU ONLY WANT ME FOR MY LUMPS!
    Posts
    4,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I did read ur whole post and I replied to it.
    I was saying that just coz some of of you guys would not like it, doesn't mean the whole fan base will not like. There are many who want less legends.
    And again, I'm not saying as to whether this will happen or not. I'm just saying as to why I FEEL it SHOULD happen, not that it will happen. It's completely my opinion. You are free to disagree but please take the time to read it and understand it before just brushing t down the rug.


    Well it doesn't seem that way, as you don't seem to be giving valuable reasons to ur point in the argument.
    it's funny how you seem to think everyone is at a misconception to what you're saying. I understand fulling well what you are saying.
    and by the bolded, what are YOUR valuable reasons then? because there really isn't no reason they would but please do go on

    also the majority of the fan base wouldn't like it, again you would be surprised what you find out if you would take the time to look for it

    Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

  21. #7896
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    I did read ur whole post and I replied to it.
    I was saying that just coz some of of you guys would not like it, doesn't mean the whole fan base will not like. There are many who want less legends.
    And again, I'm not saying as to whether this will happen or not. I'm just saying as to why I FEEL it SHOULD happen, not that it will happen. It's completely my opinion. You are free to disagree but please take the time to read it and understand it before just brushing t down the rug.


    Well it doesn't seem that way, as you don't seem to be giving valuable reasons to ur point in the argument.
    I agree with you, man.

    Oh man, does anyone else know how good it feels to put someone on your ignore list? I just did it for the first time and it feels so nice.
    Last edited by SlowPokeBroKing; 7th May 2013 at 7:26 AM.

  22. #7897
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Onett
    Posts
    560

    Default

    I'm hoping the legendary pokemon are not too overpowered. Say, 800 base stat total would be way overpowered.


        Spoiler:- Credit:

  23. #7898
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I'm hoping the legendary pokemon are not too overpowered. Say, 800 base stat total would be way overpowered.
    Well you probably won't have to worry about that.

  24. #7899
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I'm hoping the legendary pokemon are not too overpowered. Say, 800 base stat total would be way overpowered.
    I highly doubt we'll top Arceus anytime soon

  25. #7900
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tennessee, US
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    I'm hoping the legendary pokemon are not too overpowered. Say, 800 base stat total would be way overpowered.
    Man, seeing as Arceus (considered by some to be the literal Pokemon God) has a base stat total of 720, I can very safely bet you that an 800 base stat total will not be reached soon.

Page 316 of 472 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •