Page 321 of 472 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Smash! doesn't always reveal something, in fact they usually don't. CoroCoro is the one that usually releases the info.
    Purrloin and Mewtwo new form says hi!!! xD (Well Purrloin was in the background of Smash! New scenery and Mewtwo new form was leak before revealing it was official...so never mind)

Considering the French/ European/ Norse feel to this gen, I would really love there to be some tarot based elements. Like the legendaries being based on tarots (Probably not all 22 of the Major Arcana though :O)

There is a lot of scope for this, as a start Yveltal and Xerneas could be the Devil and the Heirophant (A huge stretch I know :P)
    The legendary trio could be the Sun (Psychic/Fire or Grass), Moon (Dark/Ice or Rock or Water) and Star(Fighting/Electric or loads of other things like pure Flying or Flying/Steel). Epic like, not just Solrock and Lunatone!

Maybe the World as a trio master: Ground/Grass or Normal/Ground.

The Fool could be the gen 6 Mew/ Celebi: a Normal/Dark type and #0 like Victini :O
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

We will likely be seeing around 13/14 legendaries this time around again, although I hope for more like 6-8, to be honest.

I'm a believer in that Xerneas will possibly be a newly speculated Light-type, and Yveltal a Sound-type. I think the jagged lines on Yveltal's underside are supposed to represent the vibrations of sound, and of course that Xerneas' colorful antlers represent visible light. I know that this has been discussed to death as it is, but I haven't noticed anyone else that has reflected over the pattern on Yveltal's bottom side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutzaki View Post
    We will likely be seeing around 13/14 legendaries this time around again, although I hope for more like 6-8, to be honest.

I'm a believer in that Xerneas will possibly be a newly speculated Light-type, and Yveltal a Sound-type. I think the jagged lines on Yveltal's underside are supposed to represent the vibrations of sound, and of course that Xerneas' colorful antlers represent visible light. I know that this has been discussed to death as it is, but I haven't noticed anyone else that has reflected over the pattern on Yveltal's bottom side.
    I personally really like the Germ layer theory in relation to the DNA theory: with Xerneas representing neurons etc. and Yveltal representing muscle etc. It's pattern and colour could be vascular imagery. I think Yveltal has Dark/Flying all over him or maybe ghost. Xerneas as Light or Fairy to contrast it would be a good pair
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    I personally really like the Germ layer theory in relation to the DNA theory: with Xerneas representing neurons etc. and Yveltal representing muscle etc. It's pattern and colour could be vascular imagery. I think Yveltal has Dark/Flying all over him or maybe ghost. Xerneas as Light or Fairy to contrast it would be a good pair
    I've never thought about that, but it does sound plausible. I also think Yveltal could just as well be Dark/Flying, and Xerneas could even be a typical Psychic-type. I'm not sure if I truly believe in the Light- and Sound-types, or if I just want them.
    A Fairy-type would honestly disappoint me, though. It doesn't sound like something they could use very well for move typing, but depending on the translation of it, it could work well as a typing for Pokémon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi and so forth.

I've never thought about that, but it does sound plausible. I also think Yveltal could just as well be Dark/Flying, and Xerneas could even be a typical Psychic-type. I'm not sure if I truly believe in the Light- and Sound-types, or if I just want them.
    A Fairy-type would honestly disappoint me, though. It doesn't sound like something they could use very well for move typing, but depending on the translation of it, it could work well as a typing for Pokémon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Togepi and so forth.
    Xerneas as Psychic/Electric- how EPIC would that type be!

I get what you mean- it is easier to imagine fairy type pokemon than moves. Though I really could see Xerneas as Fairy: honestly. I don't think Fairy type would have massive amount of moves to begin with- maybe certain moves could be retyped. I'm thinking: Wish, Refresh, Heal Pulse, Heart Swap, Natural Gift, Nature Power, Sing, Perish Song. Plus new stuff that is based around various aspects of spirits and fairies like maybe magical 'spirit' weapon attacks as physical moves and Holy based Special moves
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

At least we know Yveltal's cry is awesome.
    On topic, I've just stopped thinking about the types Xerneas and Yveltal could be; there are so many combinations that make sense.
    Dark/Flying, Dragon/Dark etc

Can't wait to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    At least we know Yveltal's cry is awesome.
    On topic, I've just stopped thinking about the types Xerneas and Yveltal could be; there are so many combinations that make sense.
    Dark/Flying, Dragon/Dark etc

Can't wait to find out.
    I'm really hoping we've gotten away from the Yugioh-esque obsession with big ol' dragons =P It certainly isn't impossible for Yveltal to be dragon type, but seeing it soaring the clouds in that trailer- the majesty and power of it: I think I've said before somewhere that it reminds me of that wyvern/dragon/bird out of Avatar that Jake Sulley tames, the 'last shadow' thing. It so warrants the 'Flying' type, it does it so well ;P

Xerneas is a right dark horse- well dark deer, well not so dark. It is pretty mysterious and cool
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Yeah; I'm actually debating which version to choose, since, for once, we're getting a legendary mascot which isn't like some sort of brute destroyer/draconic.
    Probably going to go for Yveltal, though.

Yeah; I'm actually debating which version to choose, since, for once, we're getting a legendary mascot which isn't like some sort of brute destroyer/draconic.
    Well
    The minute I saw thew trailer I said xerneas and since then I know I will got for X
    I also think that these are two if my favorite legendaries, very good designs!
    Xerneas may well be my very favorite design
    let's see what it can do now

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

It would sort of kill the creativity if Yveltal ended up being Dark/Dragon. It's almost that I don't remember what it's like having an entire set of legendaries, where none of them is a Dragon-type.

Storm, you're making me question my previously certain choice of version with this talk about Yveltal. It's usually easy to pick version for me, but this time I don't know.

Init! I'm totally torn between them this time, but tbh, Xerneas has something awesome about it- Majesty, gravitas: What Reshiram was probably supposed to have, but I never really warmed to it (lol) I can't place it. Probably my suspicions of it's typing as Fairy. The antlers are way cool, the whole look tbh. But then there is Yveltal- who is cool too, but it's like they tried to hard there or something :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

We'll just have to wait and see. I'll probably also base my choice on the version exclusives, if we get any info on that before release.
    Still 5 months to go; plenty of time for everyone & anyone to change their minds a million times.

I'm totally going for the majestic and awesome Xerneas I've already gotten X preordered
    Quote Originally Posted by Mew. View Post
    I guess you are a special one and do not fit under the "most people" category

It would sort of kill the creativity if Yveltal ended up being Dark/Dragon. It's almost that I don't remember what it's like having an entire set of legendaries, where none of them is a Dragon-type.

Storm, you're making me question my previously certain choice of version with this talk about Yveltal. It's usually easy to pick version for me, but this time I don't know.
    Totally agree- Dark/Dragon is so last generation :P and it does seem that every set seems to have at least two dragons since Gen 2 :L

though honestly, these designs gave me thrills man, absolutely EPIC. Best cover legendaries since Ho-OH and Lugia I say- maybe even better!

These two legendaries really highlight the creative drought that was generation 4- I mean look at the poor excuse for a trio- absolutely terrible- lack of creativity in their design; not necessarily their concept, but the execution is poor!! And Dialga and Palkia look like lumpy plasticine models compared to these guys: they have DYNAMISM; the illusion of movement- Yveltal flapping his wings like a boss; Xerneas leaping from ledge to ledge with all the grace and power of nature itself. I really have high hopes for the other legends this gen. I Really do

Yveltal MUST be Flying! Look at that beast! He's gotta have hurricane, tail wind, sky attack, air slash; the works! Let dragon type die already Gamefreak I'm sick of those scaly b*stards! Until Z that is: Dragon/Poison I reckon, though that is so cool too!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Quote Originally Posted by Elnava View Post
    I'm totally going for the majestic and awesome Xerneas I've already gotten X preordered
    Xerneas is sick! Who said Bambi can't kick ***?!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Totally agree- Dark/Dragon is so last generation :P and it does seem that every set seems to have at least two dragons since Gen 2 :L

though honestly, these designs gave me thrills man, absolutely EPIC. Best cover legendaries since Ho-OH and Lugia I say- maybe even better!

These two legendaries really highlight the creative drought that was generation 4- I mean look at the poor excuse for a trio- absolutely terrible- lack of creativity in their design; not necessarily their concept, but the execution is poor!! And Dialga and Palkia look like lumpy plasticine models compared to these guys: they have DYNAMISM; the illusion of movement- Yveltal flapping his wings like a boss; Xerneas leaping from ledge to ledge with all the grace and power of nature itself. I really have high hopes for the other legends this gen. I Really do

Yveltal MUST be Flying! Look at that beast! He's gotta have hurricane, tail wind, sky attack, air slash; the works! Let dragon type die already Gamefreak I'm sick of those scaly b*stards! Until Z that is: Dragon/Poison I reckon, though that is so cool too!
    I agree, these are the best-looking cover legendaries since second generation.
    And speaking of poison legendaries, it's the only type left that hasn't been a legendary (besides Arceus, of course), right? It'd be sick if they came up with a really good design for one this time around. I'm thinking something along the lines of a legendary that spreads disease.

I agree, these are the best-looking cover legendaries since second generation.
    And speaking of poison legendaries, it's the only type left that hasn't been a legendary (besides Arceus, of course), right? It'd be sick if they came up with a really good design for one this time around. I'm thinking something along the lines of a legendary that spreads disease.
    ^ thanks for the agreement I think they are such a refreshing change from the constant bombardment of dragon/dinosaur/crayon drawing legendaries we've been getting. And they're SO different from each other too!

Certainly is- there is so much potential for a poison legendary: if this is DNA based generation or whatever, what if there is a mutant legendary with an ability sort of like Cofagrigus' called Plague Bearer or something, that passes toxic poison over and lowers defense of the opponent on contact!

The Norse theory gives a lot of credence to the third legendary being Poison or Poison/Dragon type and serpentine to form a Z ..... I will NOT be pleased with X2 and Y2 :P
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

I was just thinking about BST for Xerneas and Yveltal and I'm thinking 670

Xerneas-
    HP: 100
    ATK: 110
    DEF: 110
    SP.A: 120
    SP.D: 140
    SPE: 100

Yveltal-
    HP: 110
    ATK: 120
    DEF: 100
    SP.A: 110
    SP.D: 100
    SPE: 140
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

personally i was thinking that xerneas could be a rock/psychic type and yveltal a dark/flying type that way each pokemon can have somekind of an advantage over one another.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    We don't have to relied on corocoro anymore...smash could show us something...or even a direct nintendo video..and for the international players the main site cold be updated anytime! but I don't expect anymore legendaries mons being reveal until the released!!
    I was just thinking about BST for Xerneas and Yveltal and I'm thinking 670

Xerneas-
    HP: 100
    ATK: 110
    DEF: 110
    SP.A: 120
    SP.D: 140
    SPE: 100

Yveltal-
    HP: 110
    ATK: 120
    DEF: 100
    SP.A: 110
    SP.D: 100
    SPE: 140
    well considering the cover legends have had a BST of 680 for the past two gens (maybe longer i haven't checked) I think it's safe to say that will stay the same.
    also I think Yveltal will be a defensive beast like lugia was

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Well I hope that the Final Event Pokemon will be the counter part of Arceus.

Where as Arceus is the Alpha, the beginning,
    the Final Event Pokemon will be the Omega, the end.

Where as Arceus is a Normal type, with Fighting it's only weakness,
    the Final Event Pokemon will be Poison/Dark, with Ground it's only weakness.

Where as Arceus has an Ability, that makes it change types,
    the Final Event Pokemon has an Ability that can give it's opponents Status Ailments (imagine like Flame Body, Static, but than all Major Ailments and perhaps only a 10% change on inflicting it due to fysical contact).

The Final Event Pokemon will be the destroyer, huger than Wailord, probably blob like in Proportions.
    Arceus might be able to battle it by changing into Ground, the blob offcourse has Water, Fighting and Absorbing moves (Giga Drain, Drain Punch)

And finally, the beast equals Arceus in strenght. It will also have 120 stats in every thing.

Where as Arceus is Zeus in Greek Mythology, the name of the beast will rever the end of days in Nors Mythology... Ragnorok (Ragnorega?)
    Last edited by Phantom Wolf DX; 10th May 2013 at 2:03 AM.
    Gonna catch them all!

5th Generation Pokés
    Black: - - - - -
    Black v.2: - - - - -
    White: - - - - -
    White v.2: - - - - -

A concept they would never adapt in this franchise.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

But I don't if this is a theoretical guess. But would there be legendaries named after different scientific contributions done by French Scientists?

Think of Ampharos in Generation 2. That female scientist with the name Andre Marie Ampere comes to mind. Ampharos is an Electric type. Ampere's contribution belong in the field of electricity.

Could there be a legendary pokemon that might be inspired by Pierre and/or Marie Curie's scientific contribution? Or any other French scientists? If not legendary, a new pokemon?
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    well considering the cover legends have had a BST of 680 for the past two gens (maybe longer i haven't checked) I think it's safe to say that will stay the same.
    also I think Yveltal will be a defensive beast like lugia was
    Lugia and Ho-Oh both had 680. The only legends that haven't are Suicune, Groudon, Kyogre and Kyurem(Who had higher than 680)

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Page 321 of 472 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast