Page 327 of 472 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

It isn't precisely a snake; most say it's a 'wyrm', which probably has a serpentine appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightFalls View Post
    There is a snake curled around the tree, not a dragon.
    Well, ok... snake, but still, it is a big creature with a long body and no limbs... actually, you are right, I was wrong... even Asian Dragons have limbs...

Or as the above person said, a wyrm...

However, a 'wyrm' is just an European Dragon...

This is it! A dragon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%AD%C3%B0h%C3%B6ggr
    Last edited by Mew The Gato; 13th May 2013 at 7:55 PM.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    noooooo don't make Odin fairy

they're actually both just birds lol.
    I don't think this is all that relevant, but in Yugioh I believe they have an Odin card that is Fairy type- because in Yugioh, Fairy is more approximately 'Angel' in Japanese I think. Random remark there

If I'm honest, I don't think I've ever really seen Lugia as fully bird- I think of it as like a bird/mammal hybrid: taking penguin like aspects from birds and then whale like aspects from mammals. Granted it's shape is from neither of these animals because it is very strange: but it's tail and stuff don't seem that bird like/

Yveltal has some Wyvern-like aspects to it, alongside the bird ones- I just want to keep the word 'dragon' away from it! I'm sick of draconic legendaries tbh, they've become so run-of-the-mill :P
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Quote Originally Posted by Akimoto-Kenta View Post
    Definitely not a stereotypical one, thats for sure.
    But a Prehistoric Dinosaur bird. mhhh I can accept that.
    Still the general appearance does match with Wyverns imo.
    I agree with you about Lugia

The only bird like aspects I see in Lugia are penguin ones, based upon it's diving motions and how it folds its wings- more generally, the way it flaps its wings, it's tail and it's head seem more wyvern like. I think it has a some mammalian aspects too, like it's feet and the 'fins' on it's tail and back seem more like they'd be like weird dolphin fins rather than feathers.

I don't actually imagine Lugia as being feathered either tbh (despite the silver wing item) or if it does have them, they are very fine like a Penguin.

Speaking of Lugia, I wonder how the Legendaries for all other regions will factor into this region- like if they will just be distributed or have an ingame location. I hope they do some events, because I don't have any other than the platinum ones- none of the event ones as I could never go online with my DS lite because it would have meant reconfiguring the security settings of my modem which my Dad didn't really want to do =P

I really want a Mew, Lugia and Ho-Oh!
    Last edited by storm12; 13th May 2013 at 11:38 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

If they do include Níđhöggr in the game, whether it be in this one or the next game, they would also have to include Hel as she is the only one able to control it.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    If they do include Níđhöggr in the game, whether it be in this one or the next game, they would also have to include Hel as she is the only one able to control it.
    Could end up being something similar to like the Distortion World- where you have to go into to capture it- could be cool. Oh, you meant the goddess: She could be the basis for the Leader of the villain team- a female leader would be awesome :O though that could end up very similar to Cyrus' intentions.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Odin would be the trio master of the Valkyries most likely. At least that is the way I see it. Still hoping for a Valkyrie trio!

Quote Originally Posted by LusterPurge View Post
    But the movies were based on marvel comics thor, who has been extremely popular and in use since the 60's

Whoa, i know its Norse and all, but way too much legendaries. Honestly i would like 6 to 8.

And wheres my dark elves

Not really. Big birds actually.

And i would rather Lugia (and the birds) versus Ho-oh (and the dogs)
    Why do think that's too many legendaries? That's only 10 legends

Ask me stupid stuff
    Credit for the Banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Odin would be the trio master of the Valkyries most likely. At least that is the way I see it. Still hoping for a Valkyrie trio!
    Valkyries would be awesome :O Fairy/Flying I reckon ;] seeing as they are winged spirits.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Wow, so much dabbling on about Norse mythology in this place.. Anybody think that some actual French legends will be implemented?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Wow, so much dabbling on about Norse mythology in this place.. Anybody think that some actual French legends will be implemented?
    There's a Celtic theory going around by Feralninja, it's very well thought out but I don't have it on hand unfortunately.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th May 2013 at 3:25 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphina View Post
    Definitely still with you on this one.
    Valkyrie's sound like the perfect and most reasonable trio for this region, but maybe they should have their own types rather than have a single type in common like the Beast trio.
    Looking for:
    - 5-6 IV Beldum Family Member (Non-English)
    - HA Fletchling Family Member
    - Drifloon Family Member (Non-English)

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Not really, since there seems to be a giant tree (Yggdrasil) in the map of the new region. It's most likely that the legendaries will be based of Norse mythology.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

Xerneas-Fairy

Yveltal-Poison/Flying

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

The day a buck becomes a fairy, I swear...

Iw would be awesome if you got to explore all the places that Yggdrasil takes you to.

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The day a buck becomes a fairy, I swear...
    Well to be fair, in Celtic mythology fairies cared for and took on attributes from deer so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, Cernunnos the horned god was depicted with antlers.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 14th May 2013 at 6:28 AM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Well to be fair, in Celtic mythology fairies cared for and took on attributes from deer so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Also, Cernunnos the horned god was depicted with antlers.
    I suppose, but a lot of the "Xerneas = Fairy-type" guesses don't appear to be founded on that logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I suppose, but a lot of the "Xerneas = Fairy-type" guesses don't appear to be founded on that logic.
    I imagine a lot of the guesses are more founded on Hiro's rumor saying Xerneas is Fairy type

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    I wonder on what creatures or legend those 2 are based of ...
    many assume that they are based off of norse mythology. it actuallt fits if you search it and also the region is based in france, so pokemon based on European myths would make sense.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    it actuallt fits if you search it and also the region is based in france, so pokemon based on European myths would make sense.
    I get the connection you're making - France > Europe > Scandinavia > Norse mythology - but isn't that sort of picking and choosing as to what makes sense? There's no particular connection to Norse paganism in France's past or present - it's too far south. Norse paganism doesn't permeate Europe as a whole.

It's a little like saying "well, Unova is based on New York City/America, so that definitely means there are going to be Canadian and Mexican influences as well." Heck, even with Unova's basis being what it was, we only got one design that really jumped out at one as being influenced by American heraldry and imagery.

I don't mean to single you out, since this certainly isn't springing forth solely from you, and again, I understand the connection the case is making (that the region is based geographically on one country but thematically on many more than that), but based on what we know at this moment, the logic doesn't quite hold up all the way through. This isn't to say it won't/can't be the case, but right now, the logic is thin in more than a few spots.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I get the connection you're making - France > Europe > Scandinavia > Norse mythology - but isn't that sort of picking and choosing as to what makes sense? There's no particular connection to Norse paganism in France's past or present - it's too far south. Norse paganism doesn't permeate Europe as a whole.

It's a little like saying "well, Unova is based on New York City/America, so that definitely means there are going to be Canadian and Mexican influences as well." Heck, even with Unova's basis being what it was, we only got one design that really jumped out at one as being influenced by American heraldry and imagery.

I don't mean to single you out, since this certainly isn't springing forth solely from you, and again, I understand the connection the case is making (that the region is based geographically on one country but thematically on many more than that), but based on what we know at this moment, the logic doesn't quite hold up all the way through. This isn't to say it won't/can't be the case, but right now, the logic is thin in more than a few spots.
    The connection isn't really thin. It's backed up by the Norse Mythology origin theory of Xerneas and Yveltal, which is further backed by the fact the there is a giant tree to the north-east of the region.

It is speculation, but it does have some basis.

Credit to Ayra for the profile pic.
    ASB squad- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...0#post16972170
    I have claimed Kabutops, destroyer of all! Fear me or perish!

But I can see the legendaries have a random theme not france related, look at the Musketeers, they have nothing to do with the US, the Kami Trio doesn't have anything either, infact I don't think any legendary pokemon from the last region has anything to do with the US or the North American continent.

So throwing Norse mythology into this generation legendaries wouldn't really be a problem/not make sense as far as I'm concerned, regional bird itself is a japanese red robin and its in europe, why didn't they use an european bird then?

I just realised this but has anyone seen the height and weight for the two legendaries so far? :P I just saw that Yveltal was 19'00" making it the 7th tallest Pokemon after Milotic. But whats interesting is it does only weigh 447.5lbs. Now Xerneas on the other hand is only 9'10" and weighs even more at 474lbs. Now either Yveltal seems pretty light for its height or Xerneas is pretty hefty. Maybe this could be partly due to Xerneas being part Steel? Although since when did GF get the height and weight half accurate? Just food for thought though... :P

^ Nah, it's most likely because Yveltal is a bird. Birds needs to be light (though it is still heavy, and I doubt it would be able to fly if it existed). XD
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 327 of 472 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337377427 ... LastLast