Page 364 of 472 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    So did Gen V, the fact that legendary trios NOW need a master is getting really annoying imo. Even if their designs are good, I'm still just bored of them. I would just perfer to have 3 mascots 1 trio and the mew clone.
    Their isn't that many.

Landorus is part of a trio being a master of the two like Kyurem and Rayquaza; there the only ones which makes three trios with one being a master. The rest are quartets like Regigigas and Cobalion.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Their isn't that many.

Landorus is part of a trio being a master of the two like Kyurem and Rayquaza; there the only ones which makes three trios with one being a master. The rest are quartets like Regigigas and Cobalion.
    Mmhm. Sinnoh did add a truckload of new legendaries, but I suppose it is necessary for there to be lots to balance out the ordinary Pokemon. We'll have well over seven hundred Pokemon by the end of Generation Six, and more are bound to come in Generation Seven. As long as legendary Pokemon aren't too too numerous and easily acquired, I'll be happy with the arrangements.
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturallyDark View Post
    If the games are based on genetics, there won't be a 'Pokemon Z.' There's no such thing as a Z chromosome, as far as I'm concerned
    Though you may not be concerned with it, that doesn't change the fact that there are both Z and W chromosomes that simply do not occur in humans.

Still, the whole "genetics theme" thing is just an assumption at this point.
    Last edited by Endolise; 21st June 2013 at 1:06 AM.

Mmhm. Sinnoh did add a truckload of new legendaries, but I suppose it is necessary for there to be lots to balance out the ordinary Pokemon. We'll have well over seven hundred Pokemon by the end of Generation Six, and more are bound to come in Generation Seven. As long as legendary Pokemon aren't too too numerous and easily acquired, I'll be happy with the arrangements.
    Sinnoh had so many because the theme of the region after all was mythology. It makes sense, and the number shouldn't even matter. Iirc, the legendaries don't even take up 6% of the dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Sinnoh had so many because the theme of the region after all was mythology. It makes sense, and the number shouldn't even matter. Iirc, the legendaries don't even take up 6% of the dex.
    It's 13.6% of the national dex. Too much for me, but each to their own.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    It's 13.6% of the national dex. Too much for me, but each to their own.
    Idk what math you're doing, but I just did the calculations myself, and they only take up 7.2% which in retrospect, is nothing
    Besides, the rate of solving identity theft cases is 5-10% would you consider that a high percentage?

Quote Originally Posted by Yveltal96 View Post
    Idk what math you're doing, but I just did the calculations myself, and they only take up 7.2% which in retrospect, is nothing
    Besides, the rate of solving identity theft cases is 5-10% would you consider that a high percentage?
    Ah yeah, my bad, swapped the numbers round, 7.2 makes more sense.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

If the games are based on genetics, there won't be a 'Pokemon Z.' There's no such thing as a Z chromosome, as far as I'm concerned, and we all thought there would be a 'Pokemon Grey,' did we not? GameFreak will likely surprise us again with the third game - if there even is one.

About the legendaries; I do think there will be a main mascot trio, as well as a chibi legendary, a minor trio with a fourth leader, and two Mewtwo formes - one for X and one for Y. Generation Four went way overboard with all the legendaries, but they were all very well-designed and cool. I just hope that this generation doesn't do the same thing.

They could also have Z because X, Y, and Z could stand for dimensions; these are the first 3D pokemon games after all.
    Then again, Gamefreak will probably surprise us again, next to no one saw B2/W2 coming. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with X2 and Y2.

Edit: To keep this on topic, I'd really like to see a legendary trio based off of space. The first could be based of a normal yellow star and be something similar to a fire pixie and be Fairy/Fire, the other could be based off of a comet/asteroid and be a golem creature, woth the typing of either Fairy/Rock, or Fairy/Ice, and the last one could be based off of a black hole and be a black dragon that eats constellations, and could maybe be Fairy/Dragon or Fairy/Dark.
    Last edited by zomegax7249; 21st June 2013 at 2:22 AM.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    They could also have Z because X, Y, and Z could stand for dimensions; these are the first 3D pokemon games after all.
    Then again, Gamefreak will probably surprise us again, next to no one saw B2/W2 coming. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with X2 and Y2.

Edit: To keep this on topic, I'd really like to see a legendary trio based off of space. The first could be based of a normal yellow star and be something similar to a fire pixie and be Fairy/Fire, the other could be based off of a comet/asteroid and be a golem creature, woth the typing of either Fairy/Rock, or Fairy/Ice, and the last one could be based off of a black hole and be a black dragon that eats constellations, and could maybe be Fairy/Dragon or Fairy/Dark.
    There is a DNA strand in the Japanese logo. Some may not find it evidence enough, but I do.

Anyways, we have Jirachi already, who is based on a star. The other ideas aren't so bad, but I'm curious about the Fairy-typing. I've never heard of a fairy in outer space.
    In nightmares, you may glimpse your deepest, darkest fears and know your gratefulness of everything good. Sweet dreams cause you to yearn for what you cannot have, and so you suffer.

There is a DNA strand in the Japanese logo. Some may not find it evidence enough, but I do.

Anyways, we have Jirachi already, who is based on a star. The other ideas aren't so bad, but I'm curious about the Fairy-typing. I've never heard of a fairy in outer space.
    Again, Z (along with 0 and W, which can double for dimensional terms) is a chromosome.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Z is a chromosome mostly only found in animals along with W. They aren't found in humans, which is why all you kiddies haven't learned about it in anatomy (most likely)

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Again, Z (along with 0 and W, which can double for dimensional terms) is a chromosome.
    Right. It's just because everybody thinks that there will be a Z Version that I'm going against the tide. Maybe there will be a duo of Z and W Versions. I'd be okay with that. I'll lose $40 no matter what the sequel is called X'D

Hopefully this generation we'll get less legendary Pokemon. 4th and 5th gen really went overboard with how many were introduced (even if there were some pretty solid ones overall). Xerneas and Yveltal are looking like solid Pokemon already so if Game Freak focuses on quality over quantity, then I think that will make legendary Pokemon feel a lot more special.

I forgot about Jirachi, and I thought up the fairy typing for the first two because they were, by definition, faries, with the first being a pixie or sprite, and the second being a golem. With the dragon I just added the Fairy typing to better fit the other two, but I suppose a Dark/Dragon or Psychic/Dark typing would better serve the black dragon though.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenglaan View Post
    Hopefully this generation we'll get less legendary Pokemon. 4th and 5th gen really went overboard with how many were introduced (even if there were some pretty solid ones overall). Xerneas and Yveltal are looking like solid Pokemon already so if Game Freak focuses on quality over quantity, then I think that will make legendary Pokemon feel a lot more special.
    They can make as many as they want. No matter what they will always be in the 7%.

Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    I forgot about Jirachi, and I thought up the fairy typing for the first two because they were, by definition, faries, with the first being a pixie or sprite, and the second being a golem. With the dragon I just added the Fairy typing to better fit the other two, but I suppose a Dark/Dragon or Psychic/Dark typing would better serve the black dragon though.
    Yeah... I have no clue what GameFreak is planning, but I'm all out of ideas for a trio, besides the one about Mother Nature and the seasons, and even that wasn't my own original idea. We probably won't find out until they gets leaked or until the games release and people play through them in a day to find the legendaries. All we can do is speculate.

I thought we learned in the original game that people think Clefairy came from space.

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveDratinis View Post
    I thought we learned in the original game that people think Clefairy came from space.
    Good catch! I forgot entirely about Clefairy, probably because its type being changed to Fairy is not yet confirmed - that's a bad excuse, though. I'm rather thinking of non-Pokemon fairies, and Princess Kaguya of Japanese mythology is a moon fairy princess that I forgot about. The legendaries that were thought of, however, did not really relate to any fairies I could think of, which is why I made that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveDratinis View Post
    That's never been confirmed anywhere.

I've never heard of a fairy in outer space.
    Well, fairies don't even exist.

I think a fairy from outer space would be no more absurd than a fairy from our own world, it's all fine.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, fairies don't even exist.

I think a fairy from outer space would be no more absurd than a fairy from our own world, it's all fine.
    Well, not just the Clefairy family, but many more are rumored to be extraterrestrial Pokemon, if not all of them.

I have officially claimed Mew (Pokemon), Poo (EarthBound) and EarthBound itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    That's never been confirmed anywhere.
    Considering they literally come in a UFO in the anime, and they're fairly obviously associated with rabbit-in-the-moon japanese myths (For instance, the bonus rounds on DPPt slots being all about clefairy and the moon), it's not exactly unfair to describe them as alien moon rabbits, and that's how they fit in Japanese mythology. While their Japanese names point to the word "pixie", they also VERY strongly at being lunar rabbits, at least to me.

I doubt that Z/W sex determination chromosomes will make an appearance as the name for the supplementary game. It's used by relatively few and random animals (Birds, butterflies, giant river prawn... komodo dragon...) - though that's just my take on it as a biologist. It's not like we're gonna see a haplodiploidy naming scheme either. (Which is the most interesting sex determination system, outside of temperature a la crocodilians or things like sequential hermaphrodity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddsy View Post
    Considering they literally come in a UFO in the anime, and they're fairly obviously associated with rabbit-in-the-moon japanese myths (For instance, the bonus rounds on DPPt slots being all about clefairy and the moon), it's not exactly unfair to describe them as alien moon rabbits, and that's how they fit in Japanese mythology. While their Japanese names point to the word "pixie", they also VERY strongly at being lunar rabbits, at least to me.
    The anime says a lot of things that aren't considered official and it even contradicts things that are said in the game. I can't remember an in-game conversation hinting at Clefairy/Clefable coming from space, but I could be forgetting something. There's a lot of connection to the moon(dancing under a full moon, etc) but no comments about them originating on it.

There are other Pokemon that are extraterrestrial or believed to be, and it's certainly possible the Clefairy line is as well, they're just pointing out that it hasn't been confirmed or hinted at in-game. People really prefer in-game sources since they trump anime/manga etc.

Edit: Wait, why is this conversation happening in the legendaries thread? So off-topic...
    Last edited by Seil; 21st June 2013 at 9:14 AM.

Well not exactly an Z chromosome but:
    Z chromosome
    sex chromosome in animals, such as poultry, in which the female is the heterogametic sex; the male has the ZZ genotype and the female the ZW genotype.

And this is some interesting stuff:

The ZW sex-determination system is a system that determines the sex of offspring in birds, some fish and crustaceans such as the giant river prawn, some insects (including butterflies and moths), and some reptiles, including komodo dragons. In the ZW system, the ovum determines the sex of the offspring, in contrast to the XY sex-determination system and the X0 sex-determination system, wherein the sperm determines the sex. The letters Z and W are used to distinguish this system from the XY system. Males are the homogametic sex (ZZ), while females are the heterogametic sex (ZW). The Z chromosome is larger and has more genes, like the X chromosome in the XY system.
    As well as the ZW and XY sex-determination systems, there is also a temperature-dependent sex determination system found in some reptiles.

It tells that the Z Chromosome is larger and has more genes.
    Larger as in boss big.
    Just like Rayqueza and Giratina.

So the Z legendary could be an Komodo Dragon

Here's a Picture of it: komodo-dragon_1_25312.jpg

Site:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZW_sex-...ination_system
    Last edited by Bariokie; 21st June 2013 at 9:20 AM.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bariokie View Post
    Well not exactly an Z chromosome but:
    Z chromosome
    sex chromosome in animals, such as poultry, in which the female is the heterogametic sex; the male has the ZZ genotype and the female the ZW genotype.

And this is some interesting stuff:

The ZW sex-determination system is a system that determines the sex of offspring in birds, some fish and crustaceans such as the giant river prawn, some insects (including butterflies and moths), and some reptiles, including komodo dragons. In the ZW system, the ovum determines the sex of the offspring, in contrast to the XY sex-determination system and the X0 sex-determination system, wherein the sperm determines the sex. The letters Z and W are used to distinguish this system from the XY system. Males are the homogametic sex (ZZ), while females are the heterogametic sex (ZW). The Z chromosome is larger and has more genes, like the X chromosome in the XY system.
    As well as the ZW and XY sex-determination systems, there is also a temperature-dependent sex determination system found in some reptiles.

It tells that the Z Chromosome is larger and has more genes.
    Larger as in boss big.
    Just like Rayqueza and Giratina.

So the Z legendary could be an Komodo Dragon

Here's a Picture of it: komodo-dragon_1_25312.jpg

Site:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZW_sex-...ination_system
    that would be an interesting third Pokémon for this trio

Page 364 of 472 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast