Page 377 of 472 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by storm12 View Post
    Meh, too humanoid though and it ends up really digimon. Anthropoid like Mewtwo perhaps, yeah; but outright humanlike would be a bit weird- the 'closest' thing we have so far is the terrible Kami Trio and having a very human torso emerging out of too-small-to-contain-legs cloud is such a strange, jarring design to me :S To be honest, I think they were a step in the wrong direction with legendaries- such an odd choice- they could have done better things with their basis' and the therian formes look even stranger and just- 'uncool'- they look derpy and weird with the mustaches on a bird, dragon thing and jaguar thing! Yah, they weren't my favorite legends =S

Oh really?

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    That is the point, kinda. Because they are so large they can take massive hits and so do not really need to be able to move quickly.
    Like, imagine Raikou against Zekrom. Raikou is tiny in comparison, and would have to dodge Zekroms attacks whereas Zekrom is large enough and powerful enough to withstand Raikous attacks and so does not need to be able to dodge.

Well, I guess?
    Well, I suppose, but Zekrom actually walking would just look funny- funnier than it flying with it's tiny tiny wings on it's odd six limbed body =S don't get me wrong, it looks cool- but in a way that I would have been like :O when I was about 10, now it is just a little bit laughable. The bulk doesn't add grandeur, it add's ungainliness- some legends don't look like they'd warrant their speed stat at all =S

Whereas Yvetal, Xerneas, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo; they imply power with presence, dynamism and mystery- like Yvetal looks like it could be good defensively- as it's large wings look fairly dextrous and subtle- rather than brittle. Making something beastly and bulky seems like a fairly childish appeal tbh =S I mean the trio from gen 3 had sort of a different slant because there designs evoked ancient, tribal elements- with the contrast body markings and stuff. Whereas Dialga and Palkia are just all over the place!

Oh really?
    I loled! Who put Sylveon and them together :P I don't get it? Is just man-girl smoosh?

EDIT: I think all my legendary bashing is possibly because I am still in awe of these legends; I think they really do have two of the best, if not best designs. Looking over at Zekrom and Reshiram again, they aren't that bad- but Dialga, Palkia, Giratina somewhat and the Kami trio are unforgivable! :P
    Last edited by storm12; 2nd July 2013 at 8:10 PM.
    HEAVEN-WIND-MOUNTAIN-EARTH
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/2m6x5l0.png[/IMG]
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Credit to http://ekurepu.deviantart.com/ for the awesome X and Y sprites

Oh really?
    And I thought it was impossible to make the Kami trio worse xD
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    It looks better than Landorus lol! I wish that was the third member Sylveus! Haha The more and more I look at the Kami trio, the more I hate the designs! I mean, it is like they are taking backwards steps with lazy palette swaps! In Gen 1 and 2 all the trio legends look unique and separate from each other and all look cool! Whilst still retaining subtle links to each other- whereas this one and the Lake trio just take the biscuit! They're like lazy bosses from a terrible SNES RPG- It seems the more closely linked they tried to make them as a trio, the worse their designs came out overall- I mean come on, the lake trio could have had second typings! Ridiculous :P Seeing how they love forms so much they could have had it as one pokemon with 'Jack-of-all-craps form', 'Sleepy brick form' and 'suicidal emo elf form'... buh :P The kami trio's forms make them WORSE- they take the worst parts of their design and put them onto derpy animal bodies! BAH :O
    Last edited by storm12; 2nd July 2013 at 8:21 PM.
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

LOL..That is funny...that actually made me laugh. It looks so stupid

Well Kami trio are awesome to me therian forms were better though(besides tornadus), that one looks hilarious.

Oh regality talking about fairies again.

I'm hoping that there's no trio that has all its members look too similar to each other. They can represent different aspects of a trio and can still be different-looking from one another. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza; and Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem are all examples; as good as they are, I hope we don't get another trio with Pokémon that look as similar as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus look.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    I'm hoping that there's no trio that has all its members look too similar to each other. They can represent different aspects of a trio and can still be different-looking from one another. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza; and Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem are all examples; as good as they are, I hope we don't get another trio with Pokémon that look as similar as Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus look.
    Yup I agree

as I state in my post a few up, the Kami and Lake trios are like lazy palette swap bosses on an old rpg =\ it seems like they pumped 'creativity' into the therian designs which are just as bad tbh =S they look like horrible, oddly shaped, blotchy... things :S
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Yup I agree

as I state in my post a few up, the Kami and Lake trios are like lazy palette swap bosses on an old rpg =\ it seems like they pumped 'creativity' into the therian designs which are just as bad tbh =S they look like horrible, oddly shaped, blotchy... things :S
    I thought the Therian Forme designs were great for both exemplifying the powers of the three different Kami trio legendary Pokémon, as well as differentiating them so that they didn't all look the same.

The Lake Trio is different, at least the way I see it, because their designs weren't as busy as the Kami Trio's, and thus were more differentiable from each other.

See I really really like the Lake Trio (I know they're abit lazy like the Kami trio) but I just wish they were dual types. All of them being Psychic was a bit meh, but atleast their movepools and stats were fairly unique.

The physical similarities between the three Pokemon in their Incarnate Formes is obviously intentional. Posing them in the same manner illustrates how alike they really are personality-wise, and giving them a cloud and a tail in the same positions shows how they're all inclined to roam the land (if not in-game, then in myths).

Besides, it's implied that their Therian Formes are their "true" formes, much the same as how Origin Giratina is Giratina's "true" forme.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The physical similarities between the three Pokemon in their Incarnate Formes is obviously intentional. Posing them in the same manner illustrates how alike they really are personality-wise, and giving them a cloud and a tail in the same positions shows how they're all inclined to roam the land (if not in-game, then in myths).
    If the Therian Formes are their true formes, but they're still the same three Pokémon, they would still encompass the same similar personalities even in these vastly different formes. Just because they represent a similar personality doesn't mean they can't look different from each other. While the connection between the three in their Incarnate Forme is lost somewhat with the different appearances, the connection can still be reinforced by the fact that we know they're in the same trio.

The point of giving them similar appearances and postures within the game, though, is to reinforce to the player the innate connection between the three and their similar personalities during the main story, to show to the player that they're all one-third of a whole, of sorts.

That, and probably whatever forces them to take on their Incarnate Formes forces them to look alike as well.

The point of giving them similar appearances and postures within the game, though, is to reinforce to the player the innate connection between the three and their similar personalities during the main story, to show to the player that they're all one-third of a whole, of sorts.

That, and probably whatever forces them to take on their Incarnate Formes forces them to look alike as well.
    True about the poses, but we're told that those 3 are part of the same story or whatever. The poses could have been a little different and we'd still realise they're a trio

...Come to think of it, are the Cloud Trio ever shown in a different pose in their Incarnate Formes (ie ever shown not floating and crossing their arms)?

I actually really want Gen VI to expand on them somehow. Explain why they take on two different formes, what the Reveal Glass is and why it matters and such.

There are other ways to reinforce to the player that the three are connected to each other other than the route of "similar looks", though. I guess Game Freak decided to go with the "similar look" route for the fifth generation.

...Come to think of it, are the Cloud Trio ever shown in a different pose in their Incarnate Formes (ie ever shown not floating and crossing their arms)?

I actually really want Gen VI to expand on them somehow. Explain why they take on two different formes, what the Reveal Glass is and why it matters and such.
    Did the anime do that?? I haven't seen it but for some reason I thought it was explained in that. Or they gave them new forms coz of how similar they looked in the first place and obvs not many people were fans.

Did the anime do that?? I haven't seen it but for some reason I thought it was explained in that. Or they gave them new forms coz of how similar they looked in the first place and obvs not many people were fans.
    The problem is not everybody watches the anime. Of course, one could argue that it's the player's fault for not watching the anime, but the thing is that the anime interpretation and the game interpretation of many, many aspects of the Pokémon universe are significantly different from each other. Forcing a player to go with anime interpretation just because there is no game interpretation due to not mentioning it at all in the games says something about the games being bad in that sense.

They just expanded on the Kami's , I doubt Gamefreak could care on negative fan reaction since they know there are fans who like the three.

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    They just expanded on the Kami's , I doubt Gamefreak could care on negative fan reaction since they know there are fans who like the three.
    I'm not saying that was the reason for definite. But you can't ignore that they we're incredibly similar when just in BW. They needed something else which is why it made sense.

I'm not saying that was the reason for definite. But you can't ignore that they we're incredibly similar when just in BW. They needed something else which is why it made sense.
    Just in concept though- the form thing seemed pretty unnecessary then- they could have just had their Therian forms. I dunno, the incarnate forms are just eye sores to me =S their similar faces and whatnot make them a trio- Look at the birds, aside from being birds they all look very different- same with the beasts really. The lake trio could have carried an additional type- perhaps elemental Fire/Ice/Electric- even movesets, stats etc. can't help that they are all the same single type- one that was already bloated with legends anyway =S

The whole form gimmick seems to have just made designs more laboured at times- like having to design a pokemon twice- why don't they just do ONE good design?! The form thing is so tiresome to me =S I hope not to see much of it this gen. Though Mewtwo's whatever the hell it is, is already a bad omen =[
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Just in concept though- the form thing seemed pretty unnecessary then- they could have just had their Therian forms. I dunno, the incarnate forms are just eye sores to me =S their similar faces and whatnot make them a trio- Look at the birds, aside from being birds they all look very different- same with the beasts really. The lake trio could have carried an additional type- perhaps elemental Fire/Ice/Electric- even movesets, stats etc. can't help that they are all the same single type- one that was already bloated with legends anyway =S

The whole form gimmick seems to have just made designs more laboured at times- like having to design a pokemon twice- why don't they just do ONE good design?! The form thing is so tiresome to me =S I hope not to see much of it this gen. Though Mewtwo's whatever the hell it is, is already a bad omen =[
    I'm exactly the same, I'm bored off forms and find them incredibly unnecessary. I don't care if we have to see Keldeo 'grow up' blahblahblah. But GF really seem to love it and I dont see them stopping anytime soon

Well, I suppose, but Zekrom actually walking would just look funny- funnier than it flying with it's tiny tiny wings on it's odd six limbed body =S don't get me wrong, it looks cool- but in a way that I would have been like :O when I was about 10, now it is just a little bit laughable. The bulk doesn't add grandeur, it add's ungainliness- some legends don't look like they'd warrant their speed stat at all =S

Whereas Yvetal, Xerneas, Ho-Oh, Mewtwo; they imply power with presence, dynamism and mystery- like Yvetal looks like it could be good defensively- as it's large wings look fairly dextrous and subtle- rather than brittle. Making something beastly and bulky seems like a fairly childish appeal tbh =S I mean the trio from gen 3 had sort of a different slant because there designs evoked ancient, tribal elements- with the contrast body markings and stuff. Whereas Dialga and Palkia are just all over the place!
    To be fair, Pokémon designs in general seem rather impractical if they were applied in real life. :P For example, any of the dragons that are supposed to fly would never be able to do it with real physics (Dragonite probably being the biggest example, those wings can't carry its weight), same with Blaziken standing on its footclaws.

Oh really?
    That needs to be the new Kami.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 2nd July 2013 at 11:45 PM.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    To be fair, Pokémon designs in general seem rather impractical if they were applied in real life. :P For example, any of the dragons that are supposed to fly would never be able to do it with real physics (Dragonite probably being the biggest example, those wings can't carry its weight), same with Blaziken standing on its footclaws. For me, that's kind of the fun of Pokémon designs, they're not practical but you like looking at them regardless because they're designed in a way to catch your eye.

That needs to be the new Kami.
    Not so much the physics of it really, pokemon already threw that book out the window of a 50 storey :P

I meant just like, they look kind of lumpy and not very visually scintillating- their bulkiness seems odd to me, rather than intimidating or whatever I don't think they need to look natural- but like, 'organic' if you get me, like sure Xerneas has lightbulbs on his crazy antlers :P but like, it evokes a living creature and not a chibified toy for a toddler! Yah, I just don't really like Palkia particularly :P

Lol- Sylveus! The trio master!

I'm exactly the same, I'm bored off forms and find them incredibly unnecessary. I don't care if we have to see Keldeo 'grow up' blahblahblah. But GF really seem to love it and I dont see them stopping anytime soon
    =S yah, if they decide to go back to Gen 1 legends, its like they'll all get one eventually =[

Keldeo's one irritates me! Couldn't they have at least given it better stats or something?! Like not that Keldeo is rubbish- but if he had 'grown up' then learning one move hardly seems a great advancement. What if they did something TOTALLY unexpected and unprecedented and have Keldeo EVOLVE instead?! That would have been better than a slightly edited design and a tacked on ingame 'plot' point to validate it!
    MARSH-THUNDER-FIRE-WATER

Kamis would be good if Incarnate foms never existed, even though I still can't see why such legendaries should exist at all, as if they star the movie or are marketable or have relevant story with the game. I can live without, say, Heatran, Phione, Meloetta, and obviously this horrifying trio.

Page 377 of 472 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast