Page 414 of 472 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast
Results 10,326 to 10,350 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Yes, but I believe GF would tone it down a lot. This is, after all, mostly marketed towards kids.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia-Fan View Post
    Yes, but I believe GF would tone it down a lot. This is, after all, mostly marketed towards kids.
    They didn't tone down the dark themes in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2..but your probably right..they need to make it for all ages..

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Well, if Xerneas and Tveltal represent Life and Death, respectively. Then I believe the third member of their trio will represent some sort of balance between them.

They'll come up with plenty more legendaries than there are legends for the pokemon.
    Oooh, so you sorta mean a Pokemon representing a state of limbo? That could be a Ghost/Normal!!

However, i do feel that if there is a third, presumably a "Z" pokemon, it will be based on the niohoggr and be Poison/Dragon. I mean gamefreak almost certainly based Yveltal and Xerneas after the Celtic myth about yggdrasil. (Xerneas fits very well as the embodiment of the four stags with those colored horns and yveltal fits the description of the blind, soul peering eagle in the myth.)

True, but let's not forget about all those ghost pokemon. Stories behind Yamask and Banette are creepy enough, not to mention the fact Drifloon kidnapps children and takes them to the underworld.
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    Possibly some sort of rebirth? Or a living dead? That would be interesting if they'd really went so far
    It could be rebirth or immortality, both are balancing elements between life and death, represent a cycle and can refer to how a DNA strand is constructed, destructed and reconstructed.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

If they did do immortality, then I think it would provide with the best sort of middle grounds for a third legendary. There is only so much you can do when it comes to the themes of the legendaries.

Puppy Jonghyun | Diva Key | Flaming Charisma Minho | Squishy Onew | Mushroom Taemin

While we are already trying to guess the theme of the Z legendary, one question: What would be the theme of the W legendary? Because they won't release a Pokémon Z without pairing it with a Pokémon W. We're dealing with a genetic theme after all. And if they make a Pokémon O as the quartet master, like in my theory, what would be it's theme?

Since "O" (オー, "Ō") is homophone to the Japanese word for "king" (王, "ō"), I doubt GF would waste the pun of having a legendary master in a "King" version.
    Last edited by G-SANtos; 8th August 2013 at 1:27 AM.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    While we are already trying to guess the theme of the Z legendary, one question: What would be the theme of the W legendary? Because they won't release a Pokémon Z without pairing it with a Pokémon W.
    Z and W could be Formes of a single, serpentine (I know, I'm tired of hearing it too) third mascot.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon Fan View Post
    Oooh, so you sorta mean a Pokemon representing a state of limbo? That could be a Ghost/Normal!!

However, i do feel that if there is a third, presumably a "Z" pokemon, it will be based on the niohoggr and be Poison/Dragon. I mean gamefreak almost certainly based Yveltal and Xerneas after the Celtic myth about yggdrasil. (Xerneas fits very well as the embodiment of the four stags with those colored horns and yveltal fits the description of the blind, soul peering eagle in the myth.)
    I've known about the Yggdrasil myth for a few months, now, too. We have to wonder if that snake will get incorporated into a legendary and be pure poison type or something completely different.

Though, the 3rd instalment of the games, considering there is one, probably won't be released for another 2 years.
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I've known about the Yggdrasil myth for a few months, now, too. We have to wonder if that snake will get incorporated into a legendary and be pure poison type or something completely different.

Though, the 3rd instalment of the games, considering there is one, probably won't be released for another 2 years.
    I would love a poison type legendary. We have not had one yet, and poison needs some more attention.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-Gen VI
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Z and W could be Formes of a single, serpentine (I know, I'm tired of hearing it too) third mascot.
    And ignore Ratatoskr? As if. Please click the link I gave, it explains why I think we'll have five games, and there are many people in PokéJungle who like my theory.
    Anime... PAAWAA!!!

I really dislike another flying. Please can we get something unique for legendary? Pretty much going straight for mystical fairy legendary this time.
    I am willing to trade any DW females I have for one I don't. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Actively seeking a foreign breeding partner. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Black 2 Code: 4986 5964 3561

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDemise52 View Post
    I really dislike another flying. Please can we get something unique for legendary? Pretty much going straight for mystical fairy legendary this time.
    You rather go back to Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    Yeah. We need more legendaries with varying types.
    Sig Under Construction

Shiny Clauncher Magnet

Quote Originally Posted by YourPermanentRecord631 View Post
    They did a round with the dragons. Dragons and birds. Let's finish it up and go to cooler things. Maybe a whole line of sea creatures (Kyogre obviously an exception).
    I am willing to trade any DW females I have for one I don't. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Actively seeking a foreign breeding partner. Shoot me a PM for more information.

Black 2 Code: 4986 5964 3561

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDemise52 View Post
    They did a round with the dragons. Dragons and birds. Let's finish it up and go to cooler things. Maybe a whole line of sea creatures (Kyogre obviously an exception).
    Kyogre was amazing....
    But yeah, I would love some more sea creature legendaries.
    Sig Under Construction

Shiny Clauncher Magnet

And if they make a Pokémon O as the quartet master, like in my theory, what would be it's theme?
    I like the concepts your theory has, but I don't see how Gamefreak could pull off making five games with a varied enough plot/set-up to be sold. I know that B/W/B2/W2 pulled off having four games, but I think that was an exception because it could be argued part of the theme was "two parts to a whole". Also, even if they did want to make another set of four games, how would adding a fifth game on top of that expand more on what the other four games already covered?

So, while I think it an interesting idea, I'm not sure we'll have five games. However, we may yet have five legendaries approximate to the ones you theorized.

Although that reminds me, where did the Yggdrasil theory come from in the first place? I'm closely familiar with the Yggdrasil myth and all of the creatures associated with it, and Norse mythology in general, but I'm referring specifically to the concept as applied to Pokemon. All I am really associating between the two is that Xerneas is a Stag and Yvetal is an Eagle, as associated with Yggdrasil. However, Yggdrasil actually features four stags, not just one, and Yvetal could arguably represent the Nidhoggr, who while often depicted as a snake could also be depicted as a Wyrm or Dragon. I take it there are other parts to this Yggdrasil theory I am missing that link more of the new games to it?

Image drawn by me~

Quote Originally Posted by G-SANtos View Post
    And ignore Ratatoskr? As if.
    I wasn't factoring in the Yggdrasil myth because we have absolutely no idea if it's actually the basis for Xerneas and Yveltal. Genetics, on the other hand, is known to be a present theme in the games, which is why I commented solely on the Z/W matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykouros View Post
    Although that reminds me, where did the Yggdrasil theory come from in the first place?
    As far as I know, it came from fans on Tumblr soon after the games were first announced.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

So, mega forms...

If Mewtwo has one, would we assume that we will be seeing the likes of box legendaries getting mega forms also? I'm thinking mainly Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    If Mewtwo has one, would we assume that we will be seeing the likes of box legendaries getting mega forms also? I'm thinking mainly Lugia, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Palkia, Dialga, Zekrom, Reshiram
    There's nothing to suggest this (yet).

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I was thinking that a W legendary could be a spider, maybe hanging upside down or something, I don't know. Maybe it could be a pure poison, or bug/poison, but I think we've had too many of those.

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Kid View Post
    I was thinking that a W legendary could be a spider, maybe hanging upside down or something, I don't know. Maybe it could be a pure poison, or bug/poison, but I think we've had too many of those.
    W could be some sort of sea serpent perhaps? viewed from the side it could work.

what if Xerneas is just a Mega evolution of Stantler and Yveltal is a Mega evolution of Honchkrow

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    what if Xerneas is just a Mega evolution of Stantler and Yveltal is a Mega evolution of Honchkrow

Don't be ridiculous, if anything, Yveltal is Noctowl.

Calling it: Shiny event Dialga/Palkia/Giratina unlocks MegaArceus in XY. Like how event Arceus unlocked baby Dialga/Palkia/Giratina.

Page 414 of 472 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464 ... LastLast