Page 417 of 472 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #10401
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    the storyline could be based on this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508068
    it is a real good story
    many people have speculated that XY's storyline will be based on Norse mythology. I hope it is, that'd be really interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  2. #10402
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    631

    Default

    In Pokemon X, I'd actually like to encounter Xerneas and Yveltal back in Vaniville. Maybe Yveltal is destroying things and Xerneas shows up and you have to catch Xerneas and fight Yveltal. That would be cool for me.

  3. #10403
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    In Pokemon X, I'd actually like to encounter Xerneas and Yveltal back in Vaniville. Maybe Yveltal is destroying things and Xerneas shows up and you have to catch Xerneas and fight Yveltal. That would be cool for me.
    Im assuming you don't mean at the beginning of the game? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  4. #10404
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Kalos!
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Im assuming you don't mean at the beginning of the game? lol
    Haha No, I mean after you go through the story.

  5. #10405
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    many people have speculated that XY's storyline will be based on Norse mythology. I hope it is, that'd be really interesting.
    I've heard many people discussing Norse mythology as influence regarding the legendaries, but not the actual storyline?

    Norse mythology is about the gods doing what gods du until an apocalpse (Ragnarok) and then the world will become reborn. (Extremely shortened edition) I don't really see that as a basis for the storyline.


  6. #10406
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I've heard many people discussing Norse mythology as influence regarding the legendaries, but not the actual storyline?

    Norse mythology is about the gods doing what gods du until an apocalpse (Ragnarok) and then the world will become reborn. (Extremely shortened edition) I don't really see that as a basis for the storyline.
    Team Flare's ignorance and greed for money somehow leads it to instigating poke-Ragnarok. Suddenly the existence of all pokemon (I want to say all legendaries, but its a bit fanfictiony to have them all turn up) may be at stake if the legends are true. For the purposes of the story, it turns out all pokemon are poke-Aesir.

    inb4 'pokegods' joke.


    On the topic of legends, hopefully we can have another Canalave Library-esque area to read some more legends. That was a fantastic insight into the ancient pokemon world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  7. #10407
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hall of Origin
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    many people have speculated that XY's storyline will be based on Norse mythology. I hope it is, that'd be really interesting.
    Yeah same. That would make a Valkyrie legendary trio likely. Would that not be so awesome?

  8. #10408

    Default

    Norse Mythology is really interesting, and incorporating it into the Legendary's origins is awesome. Here's a video if you still don't know.

    CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
    CLICK HERE FOR EVIDENCE
    So he's mentioning the dragon beneath the tree called Yggsdrasil.. it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    Last edited by TheSimplePickle; 14th August 2013 at 7:34 PM.
    Black 2 Friend Code - 3784 0662 3396
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)
        Spoiler:- Credits:

  9. #10409
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimplePickle View Post
    it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    Assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal are actually based on Norse mythology, and assuming that there will be a Pokémon Z, anyway.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  10. #10410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimplePickle View Post
    CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
    CLICK HERE FOR EVIDENCE
    So he's mentioning the dragon beneath the tree called Yggsdrasil.. it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    A YouTube video has never, anywhere, been a worthwhile resource for anything of this nature, and the article you linked is seven months old and offers nothing that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum in the thread since then.

    It isn't "likely" that anything. It's possible. There's a big difference. The logic is fairly sound, but "likely" implies there's some degree of precedent or other confirmed information at work here, which there isn't.

    You may wish to peruse at least some of the thread before interjecting more material that gets discussed every other page or so on the mistaken pretense that it's new.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  11. #10411
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Ok what is Norse mythology from? As in the location, because I don't understand Norse mythology at all or how people even know that these two are based on something this foreign to me off the top of their head.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

  12. #10412
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Ok what is Norse mythology from? As in the location, because I don't understand Norse mythology at all or how people even know that these two are based on something this foreign to me off the top of their head.
    Scandinavia. People are assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal were inspired by Norse myths because they have a vague thematic similarity with a quartet of stags and an eagle, respectively, that appear in a central Norse myth.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th August 2013 at 9:27 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type


    My 3DS Friend Code:

    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  13. #10413
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Scandinavia. People are assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal were inspired by Norse myths because they have a vague thematic similarity with a quartet of stags and an eagle, respectively, that appear in a central Norse myth.
    Im from Sweden.. Yet I don't know about this....
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

  14. #10414
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under the Okinawa sun
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Im from Sweden.. Yet I don't know about this....
    Hahaha...I guess this was before the advent of monotheism...your country has such a rich history! All that comes to my mind is Thor.
    Knarly, dude!

  15. #10415
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Hahaha...I guess this was before the advent of monotheism...your country has such a rich history! All that comes to my mind is Thor.
    Imagine if we get a Legendary Pokemon resembling Thor...oh my.

  16. #10416
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Im from Sweden.. Yet I don't know about this....
    I'm from the US, but I don't know jacksquat about Native American lore.

    Don't feel too bad.

  17. #10417
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Hahaha...I guess this was before the advent of monotheism...your country has such a rich history! All that comes to my mind is Thor.
    Haha, yes. Of course I know of Thor. Im Lutheran, so yes, I am monotheistic.

    On topic: Will Xerneas or Yvetal get Mega evo's? Not sure if I should discuss this in the Mega thread or this thread.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

  18. #10418
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Im from Sweden.. Yet I don't know about this....
    I'm from Norway. I have heard quite a lot of Norse mythology, some in school and some of my own research.
    But really the religion is as good as dead today. (I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    The Norse religion disappeared in Norway when people where forced to convert to Christianity or they would be killed.


  19. #10419
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Haha, yes. Of course I know of Thor. Im Lutheran, so yes, I am monotheistic.

    On topic: Will Xerneas or Yvetal get Mega evo's? Not sure if I should discuss this in the Mega thread or this thread.
    I highly doubt it. I have read the responses every time this question is asked, and they get off topic quickly. Seriously though, I do not see Mascot Legendaries getting MegaEvolutions.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

    Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

  20. #10420
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I'm from Norway. I have heard quite a lot of Norse mythology, some in school and some of my own research.
    But really the religion is as good as dead today. (I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    We have discussed it a little in 8th grade, but it was brief, and the only thing We really discussed was Thor.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

  21. #10421
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    (I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    How is it freakish? From what I've heard, it's a pretty badass religion.

    Moreso than the whole Judeo-Christian thing, anyway.

  22. #10422
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Under the Okinawa sun
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Imagine if we get a Legendary Pokemon resembling Thor...oh my.
    Hahaha, that would be...yeah you're right...oh my. Ice/Steel?

    (Anyone remember Zudomon?)
    Knarly, dude!

  23. #10423
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    493

    Default

    Even if you aren't into the religious part of it th mythology behind is absolutely awesome.

  24. #10424
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Hahaha, that would be...yeah you're right...oh my. Ice/Steel?

    (Anyone remember Zudomon?)
    Electric/ steel?
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

  25. #10425
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    Little off topic post, but whatever..

    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    We have discussed it a little in 8th grade, but it was brief, and the only thing We really discussed was Thor.
    Well there is a small period in the second year of second school (videregĺende/gymnasium in Norwegian), but it is more about how the vikings went from Norway to Iceland and England to make poetry, rob people and kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How is it freakish? From what I've heard, it's a pretty badass religion.

    Moreso than the whole Judeo-Christian thing, anyway.
    Well when you see people praying to Thor for good weather and being made fun of on state TV.. The worst thing is that I am not sure if they actually believe in it or just think it is awesome and have played too much WoW.

    Oh, I forgot the recent church burning Metal Bands we had in Norway, I think some of them believed in Norse mythology too, or it was just an act.

    Not trying to offend anyone, but I agree, being Christian isn't the coolest sounding thing.
    Last edited by Endless; 14th August 2013 at 11:13 PM.


Page 417 of 472 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •