Page 417 of 472 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,425 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Shard View Post
    the storyline could be based on this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508068
    it is a real good story
    many people have speculated that XY's storyline will be based on Norse mythology. I hope it is, that'd be really interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

In Pokemon X, I'd actually like to encounter Xerneas and Yveltal back in Vaniville. Maybe Yveltal is destroying things and Xerneas shows up and you have to catch Xerneas and fight Yveltal. That would be cool for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colton S View Post
    In Pokemon X, I'd actually like to encounter Xerneas and Yveltal back in Vaniville. Maybe Yveltal is destroying things and Xerneas shows up and you have to catch Xerneas and fight Yveltal. That would be cool for me.
    Im assuming you don't mean at the beginning of the game? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    Im assuming you don't mean at the beginning of the game? lol
    Haha No, I mean after you go through the story.

many people have speculated that XY's storyline will be based on Norse mythology. I hope it is, that'd be really interesting.
    I've heard many people discussing Norse mythology as influence regarding the legendaries, but not the actual storyline?

Norse mythology is about the gods doing what gods du until an apocalpse (Ragnarok) and then the world will become reborn. (Extremely shortened edition) I don't really see that as a basis for the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I've heard many people discussing Norse mythology as influence regarding the legendaries, but not the actual storyline?

Norse mythology is about the gods doing what gods du until an apocalpse (Ragnarok) and then the world will become reborn. (Extremely shortened edition) I don't really see that as a basis for the storyline.
    Team Flare's ignorance and greed for money somehow leads it to instigating poke-Ragnarok. Suddenly the existence of all pokemon (I want to say all legendaries, but its a bit fanfictiony to have them all turn up) may be at stake if the legends are true. For the purposes of the story, it turns out all pokemon are poke-Aesir.

inb4 'pokegods' joke.

On the topic of legends, hopefully we can have another Canalave Library-esque area to read some more legends. That was a fantastic insight into the ancient pokemon world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Yeah same. That would make a Valkyrie legendary trio likely. Would that not be so awesome?

Norse Mythology is really interesting, and incorporating it into the Legendary's origins is awesome. Here's a video if you still don't know.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
    CLICK HERE FOR EVIDENCE
    So he's mentioning the dragon beneath the tree called Yggsdrasil.. it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    Last edited by TheSimplePickle; 14th August 2013 at 7:34 PM.
    Black 2 Friend Code - 3784 0662 3396
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.(Started by Tyranitar)
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by TheSimplePickle View Post
    it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    Assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal are actually based on Norse mythology, and assuming that there will be a Pokémon Z, anyway.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSimplePickle View Post
    CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
    CLICK HERE FOR EVIDENCE
    So he's mentioning the dragon beneath the tree called Yggsdrasil.. it's likely that Legendary Pokemon Z will be based on that serpentine being! I am now pumped up even more for Z!
    A YouTube video has never, anywhere, been a worthwhile resource for anything of this nature, and the article you linked is seven months old and offers nothing that hasn't been discussed ad nauseum in the thread since then.

It isn't "likely" that anything. It's possible. There's a big difference. The logic is fairly sound, but "likely" implies there's some degree of precedent or other confirmed information at work here, which there isn't.

You may wish to peruse at least some of the thread before interjecting more material that gets discussed every other page or so on the mistaken pretense that it's new.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Ok what is Norse mythology from? As in the location, because I don't understand Norse mythology at all or how people even know that these two are based on something this foreign to me off the top of their head.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Ok what is Norse mythology from? As in the location, because I don't understand Norse mythology at all or how people even know that these two are based on something this foreign to me off the top of their head.
    Scandinavia. People are assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal were inspired by Norse myths because they have a vague thematic similarity with a quartet of stags and an eagle, respectively, that appear in a central Norse myth.
    Last edited by Endolise; 14th August 2013 at 9:27 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Scandinavia. People are assuming that Xerneas and Yveltal were inspired by Norse myths because they have a vague thematic similarity with a quartet of stags and an eagle, respectively, that appear in a central Norse myth.
    Im from Sweden.. Yet I don't know about this....

Hahaha...I guess this was before the advent of monotheism...your country has such a rich history! All that comes to my mind is Thor.
    Knarly, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by humilau View Post
    Hahaha...I guess this was before the advent of monotheism...your country has such a rich history! All that comes to my mind is Thor.
    Imagine if we get a Legendary Pokemon resembling Thor...oh my.

I'm from the US, but I don't know jacksquat about Native American lore.

Don't feel too bad.

Haha, yes. Of course I know of Thor. Im Lutheran, so yes, I am monotheistic.

On topic: Will Xerneas or Yvetal get Mega evo's? Not sure if I should discuss this in the Mega thread or this thread.

I'm from Norway. I have heard quite a lot of Norse mythology, some in school and some of my own research.
    But really the religion is as good as dead today. (I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    The Norse religion disappeared in Norway when people where forced to convert to Christianity or they would be killed.

Haha, yes. Of course I know of Thor. Im Lutheran, so yes, I am monotheistic.

On topic: Will Xerneas or Yvetal get Mega evo's? Not sure if I should discuss this in the Mega thread or this thread.
    I highly doubt it. I have read the responses every time this question is asked, and they get off topic quickly. Seriously though, I do not see Mascot Legendaries getting MegaEvolutions.
    Sig Under Construction
    I have claimed Malamar and Mario Kart 8

Friend Code: 2680-9330-2666
    National Pokedex complete-Gen V / National Pokedex Complete-XY / National Pokedex Complete-ORAS
    Ground Type Pokémon Club Co-Leader
    Shiny Count: 160+
    Shiny Clauncher Magnet

I'm from Norway. I have heard quite a lot of Norse mythology, some in school and some of my own research.
    But really the religion is as good as dead today. (I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    We have discussed it a little in 8th grade, but it was brief, and the only thing We really discussed was Thor.

(I've only seen some freaks on TV that worship Thor or Odin on TV one or two times in my lifetime)
    How is it freakish? From what I've heard, it's a pretty badass religion.

Moreso than the whole Judeo-Christian thing, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    Imagine if we get a Legendary Pokemon resembling Thor...oh my.
    Hahaha, that would be...yeah you're right...oh my. Ice/Steel?

(Anyone remember Zudomon?)
    Knarly, dude!

Even if you aren't into the religious part of it th mythology behind is absolutely awesome.

Hahaha, that would be...yeah you're right...oh my. Ice/Steel?

(Anyone remember Zudomon?)
    Electric/ steel?

Little off topic post, but whatever..

We have discussed it a little in 8th grade, but it was brief, and the only thing We really discussed was Thor.
    Well there is a small period in the second year of second school (videregĺende/gymnasium in Norwegian), but it is more about how the vikings went from Norway to Iceland and England to make poetry, rob people and kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How is it freakish? From what I've heard, it's a pretty badass religion.

Moreso than the whole Judeo-Christian thing, anyway.
    Well when you see people praying to Thor for good weather and being made fun of on state TV.. The worst thing is that I am not sure if they actually believe in it or just think it is awesome and have played too much WoW.

Oh, I forgot the recent church burning Metal Bands we had in Norway, I think some of them believed in Norse mythology too, or it was just an act.

Not trying to offend anyone, but I agree, being Christian isn't the coolest sounding thing.
    Last edited by Endless; 14th August 2013 at 11:13 PM.

Page 417 of 472 FirstFirst ... 317367407413414415416417418419420421427467 ... LastLast