Page 425 of 472 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435 ... LastLast
Results 10,601 to 10,625 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Charizard View Post
    They almost had that with the dogs.
    The dogs were more like a legendary equivalent to the original eeveelutions.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    I really would like to see a Fire/Water and Grass Legendary trio..i think it could be very cool..who agrees with me?
    I do. What idea did you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    That was just a fan hypothesis.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    That was just a fan hypothesis.
    I wasn't saying they were linked, I just stated that the typings were the same, as Mega Charizard was stating the legendary dogs were close to starter typings.

I hope we get an electric/psychic legendary this generation.

Bring on 2015 - Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman vs Superman, Jurassic World and Star Wars VII

Quote Originally Posted by Mudster View Post
    They actually were the original eeveelutions.
    They were inside burned tower when it was struck by the lightning, it burned down and jolteon, flareon and vaporeon died. But then they were resurrected and took the form of Raikou, Entei and Suicune. Pretty sure they said something like that in Heartgold.
    Sorry if my English isn't good. I'm Dutch.

will there be a Z legend?
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jab7zl.png[/IMG]
    HAIL GIOVANNI
    Do you like battling. Try anime style battling get started here
    credit to equal to heaven for the clock
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/33mv70g.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by grovyle1997 View Post
    They were inside burned tower when it was struck by the lightning, it burned down and jolteon, flareon and vaporeon died. But then they were resurrected and took the form of Raikou, Entei and Suicune. Pretty sure they said something like that in Heartgold.
    That's a fan theory. Nothing of the sort was stated in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by leafme View Post
    Dunno. Will I be the next big female pop star?
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Fan speculation.

How do people believe this stuff without actually seeing it inside their game is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by leafme View Post
    Unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Fan speculation.

How do people believe this stuff without actually seeing it inside their game is beyond me.

Unknown.
    I see what you did there.
    my nds fc 1048-9962-1201.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Charizard View Post
    I see what you did there.
    What did I do then?

There are a lot of things that they have in common, like the Beasts' Hidden Abilities being the same as the Eeveelutions' normal ones, but we still can't confirm the fact, unless Game Freak states it or it is said in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    The same way that Mew become a creator instead of a genetic ancestor, Giratina became Satan, and Arceus became the "God of All Pokémon."

People don't read.
    Last edited by Endolise; 20th August 2013 at 6:45 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    The same way that Mew become a creator instead of a genetic ancestor, Giratina became Satan, and Arceus became the "God of All Pokémon."

People don't read.
    ..you mean Arceus isn't God?!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    >implying Arceus is God in front of Endolise
    O ho ho ho...you are in for a show tonight

Arceus is the creator and most people use that to automatically assume that he is god.

Dunno. Will I be the next big female pop star?
    Of course.

It's based off of a creation deity, which creates the world but doesn't do much about it afterwards.

Anyway...

*hides in the bunker in fear of Endolise*

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

That really depends on your definition of a God.
    It has little to no inspiration from any omnipotent Abrahamic God. Who is a creation deity, but also much more.
    However it has gained ispiration from possibly both Indian and East Asian religions (which both have many Gods eachs).
    Last edited by Endless; 20th August 2013 at 10:04 PM.

Does anyone have a solid theory about a third legendary related to Xerneas and Yveltal? I was thinking something along the lines of a chimera, if this generation's theme is genetics again, like Gen 1.
    Everyone's wishing for the next fire starter to not be Fire-Fighting, and I'm just sitting here hoping for an Electric-Dark type. Or an awesome Steel type.

The discussion re-emerges at least once a page. One suggests reading back a few pages to see the most recent chestnuts.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    Of course.
    Holy teeny-bopper idols! I had better call my doctor and arrange a sex change, then!

Quote Originally Posted by BurningWhiteKyurem View Post
    >implying Arceus is God in front of Endolise
    O ho ho ho...you are in for a show tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    It's based off of a creation deity, which creates the world but doesn't do much about it afterwards.

Anyway...

*hides in the bunker in fear of Endolise*
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    That really depends on your definition of a God.
    It has little to no inspiration from any omnipotent Abrahamic God. Who is a creation deity, but also much more.
    However it has gained ispiration from possibly both Indian and East Asian religions (which both have many Gods eachs).
    Honestly, I've been trying to mellow out about the whole thing lately, but Endless pretty much hit it right on the head. Arceus draws inspiration (although simply taking inspiration from something does not necessarily mean that the properties of the inspirational basis directly apply to what is being inspired) from old eastern creation myths (specifically, the myth of Pangu), not the omnipotent Judeo-Christian God (Judgment aside).

Frankly, what I've always been primarily opposed to is the claim that Arceus is the "God of All Pokémon," and the misconception that it literally created each and every single kind of Pokémon. Nothing like that has ever suggested of Arceus in any Pokémon medium. At most, it is said to be the creator of the Sinnoh (and Ransei) region(s)/Pokémon world/Pokémon universe, with "said to be" being the key words, and it only ever created the Lake and Dimensional trios. Furthermore, as Taodragon alluded to, Arceus has never been described as taking an active role in the cosmic order of the universe as the Abrahamic God does; it is merely said to have created whatever it created (region, planet, universe, pie, etc.; accounts differ within the games) before retiring to the Hall of Origin for the nap of the century.

And it has always been described as a Pokémon no matter what.

Seeing, however, as it can be construed as a deity according to certain definitions of the word, I argue less against that and more against the "God in a Poké Ball!" sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Evan View Post
    Does anyone have a solid theory about a third legendary related to Xerneas and Yveltal? I was thinking something along the lines of a chimera, if this generation's theme is genetics again, like Gen 1.
    The most popular theory is that it will be a Poison/Dragon-type serpent based off of Nidhogg from Norse mythology, as it is commonly presumed that Xerneas and Yveltal are based off of, respectively, the four stags and the eagle from the Norse myth of Yggdrasil. Nidhogg is a dragon-like creature that is said to live at the bottom of the Yggdrasil tree, gnawing on its roots.
    Last edited by Endolise; 20th August 2013 at 11:43 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

Seeing, however, as it can be construed as a deity according to certain definitions of the word, I argue less against that and more against the "God in a Poké Ball!" sorts.
    I'm pretty sure that Arceus is worshipped as a deity in some places, or at least the Sinnoh dragon trio is. I can't remember if it was Cynthia in the games, anime or the 12th Movie though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

The most popular theory is that it will be a Poison/Dragon-type serpent based off of Nidhogg from Norse mythology, as it is commonly presumed that Xerneas and Yveltal are based off of, respectively, the four stags and the eagle from the Norse myth of Yggdrasil. Nidhogg is a dragon-like creature that is said to live at the bottom of the Yggdrasil tree, gnawing on its roots.
    I could see that... Which means Orotto is Yggdrasil? Probably not. I'm glad to see Norse mythology is getting some level of representation, if the theories are on track.

My friend and I actually came up with our own generation of Pokemon about 6 years back, somewhat rooted in it, with a Dark Fenrir based Poke, and a Grass Yggdrasil based guy. We didn't do too well with it. We made a gnat Pokemon named Gnuisance.
    Everyone's wishing for the next fire starter to not be Fire-Fighting, and I'm just sitting here hoping for an Electric-Dark type. Or an awesome Steel type.

I could see that... Which means Orotto is Yggdrasil? Probably not. I'm glad to see Norse mythology is getting some level of representation, if the theories are on track.

My friend and I actually came up with our own generation of Pokemon about 6 years back, somewhat rooted in it, with a Dark Fenrir based Poke, and a Grass Yggdrasil based guy. We didn't do too well with it. We made a gnat Pokemon named Gnuisance.
    Nice, I like it!

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Arceus is worshipped as a deity in some places, or at least the Sinnoh dragon trio is. I can't remember if it was Cynthia in the games, anime or the 12th Movie though.
    Yes, they're were revered as deities by ancient cultures, although Cynthia stated that this was simply the result of scientifically-unaware humans being awe-stricken by their powers, just like how ancient civilizations in our world ascribed mythical qualities to lightning and volcanoes because they did not understand the natural causes of those phenomena.

People in the current era of the Pokémon world still appear to respect the myths, although there is little direct reverence of Arceus and its accompanying Pokémon.

There could be a corresponding Pokémon that's based on Yggdrasil, although I would expect it to be a Legendary Pokémon, and if it were Orotto, I would think there would have been more fanfare surrounding its reveal. :P

Gnuisance is a clever idea.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467

I mean if there is a Yggdrasil pokemon, it does not even have to be a tree..

I mean if there is a Yggdrasil pokemon, it does not even have to be a tree..
    Agreed.
    King Drasil of the Digimon series was a giant robot, not a plant Digimon at all.
    So if a YggDrasil pokemon comes along, it could be anything besides a plant.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Page 425 of 472 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429435 ... LastLast