Page 426 of 472 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 10,626 to 10,650 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BAP Blackjack View Post
    Agreed.
    King Drasil of the Digimon series was a giant robot, not a plant Digimon at all.
    So if a YggDrasil pokemon comes along, it could be anything besides a plant.
    True, but Digimon's Yggdrasil still came from a tree, and IIRC, later material insinuated that the tree it lives in is sort of a part of it (something to do with the right side of Bagramon's body coming from the wood of Yggdrasil's tree, or something). All that aside there's the fact that Digimon's Yggdrasil was one of its "Gods" (as there were several to share that title) and not a Digimon at all, so I don't really think it ought to be used as a frame of reference.

Anything's possible though, I suppose.
    Last edited by Akashin; 21st August 2013 at 1:15 AM. Reason: Correcting myself

couldn't it also have something to do with crows?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
    True, but Digimon's Yggdrasil still came from a tree, and IIRC, later material insinuated that the tree it lives in is sort of a part of it (something to do with the right side of Bagramon's body coming from the wood of Yggdrasil's tree, or something). All that aside there's the fact that Digimon's Yggdrasil was one of its "Gods" (as there were several to share that title) and not a Digimon at all, so I don't really think it ought to be used as a frame of reference.

Anything's possible though, I suppose.
    To clarify, it's a part of a tree and it still has plant-like elements to it (one artwork for the new game depicts it wit vines for instance). It's not a primary part of it but they didn't completely ignore it's origins.

To that extent, I think if Pokémon touches on Yggdrasil, it will have plant elements to it at least.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    To clarify, it's a part of a tree and it still has plant-like elements to it (one artwork for the new game depicts it wit vines for instance). It's not a primary part of it but they didn't completely ignore it's origins.

To that extent, I think if Pokémon touches on Yggdrasil, it will have plant elements to it at least.
    New game?!

But I do agree that it will have some plant elements... watch them do it in X/Y now and it just be a large tree Pokemon, the rants of "they are running out of ideas" due to them releasing Orotto in the same generation would be endless..

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Regality View Post
    New game?!

But I do agree that it will have some plant elements... watch them do it in X/Y now and it just be a large tree Pokemon, the rants of "they are running out of ideas" due to them releasing Orotto in the same generation would be endless..
    Yeah, they released Re: Digitize Decode in Japan for the 3DS not too long ago, with Fusion coming out fans are now rallying for Bandai to get it translated and brought over so fingers crossed if you're interested!

Unfortunately yes, but I do think they'll make it more... Deity-like (I hope that's the right word)? Yggdrasil is a prominent part of Norse mythology so I'd expect them to make it more special in that regard.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

I'm really hoping for some sick looking Flying/Fighting Pokemon. That seems like the coolest typing.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    There could be a corresponding Pokémon that's based on Yggdrasil, although I would expect it to be a Legendary Pokémon, and if it were Orotto, I would think there would have been more fanfare surrounding its reveal. :P)
    We also wouldn't have seen it in a Horde encounter. But what would Yggdrasil be? Grass-Ground, I'd think.
    Everyone's wishing for the next fire starter to not be Fire-Fighting, and I'm just sitting here hoping for an Electric-Dark type. Or an awesome Steel type.

I think that it would be cool to see some sort of Grass/Dragon Legendary (or even just as a "regular" Pokémon).

Send me a VM if you want to chat or have a casual battle!
    3DS FC: 2277-6720-4241
    Pokemon White FC: 1937-1211-2762
    VM me yours!

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I'm really hoping for some sick looking Flying/Fighting Pokemon. That seems like the coolest typing.
    That's what I had wanted Yveltal to be.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    A kickboxing cassowary would fit the bill (pun completely intended). One kick from a cassowary can disembowel a person. That would make the ultimate Fighting/Flying, but I doubt it would be legendary. Hopefully this generation we can have a non-Dragon legendary generation. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    I think that it would be cool to see some sort of Grass/Dragon Legendary (or even just as a "regular" Pokémon).
    They could call it dragonbarkZ.

I'm very interested in seeing the shiny forms for the two pokemon... I may find that I'm soft resetting to get them depending on what they are...
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Masuda Method: (120 eggs so far)
    Current Shinies: , (Trade)

Are you talking about the ascots?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptok View Post
    I'm very interested in seeing the shiny forms for the two pokemon... I may find that I'm soft resetting to get them depending on what they are...
    I am having a feeling that Xerneas will be either purple or green and Yveltal will have just reversed colors
    Imagine with all your Mind. Believe with all your Heart. Achieve with all your Might.

“You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true! Make your wonderful dream a reality, and it will become your truth! If anyone can, it's you!” — N

Quote Originally Posted by Naito View Post
    I am having a feeling that Xerneas will be either purple or green and Yveltal will have just reversed colors
    After doing a quick colour edit myself... I'd want the shiny for either of those for Xerneas. (I also did Red as well... it looks awesome)

A reverse colouration for Yveltal looks incredible...
    Not so much for Xerneas though...

The shiny forms could swing my game selection, as I'm not usually one to buy both...
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Masuda Method: (120 eggs so far)
    Current Shinies: , (Trade)

After doing a quick colour edit myself... I'd want the shiny for either of those for Xerneas. (I also did Red as well... it looks awesome)

A reverse colouration for Yveltal looks incredible...
    Not so much for Xerneas though...

The shiny forms could swing my game selection, as I'm not usually one to buy both...
    I'd like Xerneas' shiny form to have it's antlers to be of a different color, that could look really cool.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

How about shiny Xerneas having Yveltal's color scheme (red/black) and shiny Yveltal having Xerneas' color scheme (blue/black)? I'm not sure how the two are going to be connected plot-wise or otherwise, but life and destruction are sort of opposites so their colors could compliment each other well. But I dunno, hopefully they'll look nice whatever the case.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    How about shiny Xerneas having Yveltal's color scheme (red/black) and shiny Yveltal having Xerneas' color scheme (blue/black)? I'm not sure how the two are going to be connected plot-wise or otherwise, but life and destruction are sort of opposites so their colors could compliment each other well. But I dunno, hopefully they'll look nice whatever the case.
    If they were going to do something like that, then I'd have expected it to happen last Gen, what with the whole yin-yang thing.

Actually, now that I think about it, Reshiram and Zekrom (and Victini) were Shiny-locked. The same thing could possibly happen to Xerneas and Yveltal.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    If they were going to do something like that, then I'd have expected it to happen last Gen, what with the whole yin-yang thing.

Actually, now that I think about it, Reshiram and Zekrom (and Victini) were Shiny-locked. The same thing could possibly happen to Xerneas and Yveltal.
    The fact that they were Shiny-locked made little sense to me, except for being able to easily weed out amateur hackers who got their hands on a shiny version of them.

It's possible they do the same, but I don't see all too much need for it atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
    Well their story, with life and destruction seems to go well together
    Thing I'm unsure of is how the plot will be switched around for each version
    but we don't know enough about that yet

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    The fact that they were Shiny-locked made little sense to me, except for being able to easily weed out amateur hackers who got their hands on a shiny version of them.
    I always figured that it was a combination of that and storyline reinforcing (being unable to find a Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom supports that idea that they are unique entities).

Although I suppose that same reasoning can't really be applied to Victini.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. L 500 View Post
    That's what I thought Xerneas would be. Strange, I know, but we've seen typings that don't relate to appearance in the past, like Gyarados' flying half. (Although there is a reason for that.)

I think they probably will be shiny locked, and probably for the same reasons Resh and Zek were.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Guys, if your box was full, and you bet Resh/Zek, you could rematch them at Dragonspiral Tower, with a chance of shiny-ness.

.I want something like that, but without the full box crap.

still also doesn't explain shiny Kyurems, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Guys, if your box was full, and you bet Resh/Zek, you could rematch them at Dragonspiral Tower, with a chance of shiny-ness.
    No, that was proven bullcrap. There's a shiny lock wherever you catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    No, that was proven bullcrap. There's a shiny lock wherever you catch it.
    I still remember the poor kid who soft resetted 22,000 times until the game was hacked and the shiny lock was found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 426 of 472 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast