Page 427 of 472 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,675 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Why would they shiny lock something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Charizard View Post
    Why would they shiny lock something?
    Easy hack weesing, storyline purposes, proving uniqity, etc.

Guess that makes since.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightFennekin View Post
    Guys, if your box was full, and you bet Resh/Zek, you could rematch them at Dragonspiral Tower, with a chance of shiny-ness.

.I want something like that, but without the full box crap.
    It was proven false upon hacking BW (where the shiny lock was found). I can't believe some of the people on this forum still think that myth is true lol. It would be a shame if someone decided to SR for shiny Dragons without realizing it.

So, if Xerneas stands for life and Yveltal for destruction, what could a third legendary pokemon stand for?
    Sorry if my English isn't good. I'm Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by grovyle1997 View Post
    So, if Xerneas stands for life and Yveltal for destruction, what could a third legendary pokemon stand for?
    Zombies, I'm guessing.

Personally, I think Xerneas and Yveltal are going to be the XY duo rather than a trio (like Ho-Oh and Lugia). Unless GF is going for third legendary, in which case, it seems like the 3rd legendary might focus on balance, much like Rayquaza did in the Groudon vs. Kyogre mythology.

Some sort of middle lining between them. I banked on Xerneas and Yveltal being the Preservation and Ruin Pokemon respectively but I didn't go as far as to say Life and Death/Destruction (I just didn;t think GF to go that far with it tbh).

I'd like to think perhaps Preservation or Ruin might be used for the 3rd but neither sound like a balance between Life and Destruction.

Maybe they won't make a 3rd one specifically.
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Perhaps the third one is nothing, like, preservation is doing something to keep it in good state, while ruin is doing something to dunk it n bad state, doing nothing will not affect it, and perhaps neutralize the two?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Perhaps the third one is nothing, like, preservation is doing something to keep it in good state, while ruin is doing something to dunk it n bad state, doing nothing will not affect it, and perhaps neutralize the two?
    So basically the 'Look at all the f**** I give' Pokemon?

I'm down for that
    CASUAL REMINDER: I'm Back. Not that anyone cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto24 View Post
    So basically the 'Look at all the f**** I give' Pokemon?

I'm down for that
    Yup.

... This feels like Tao Trio v2.

Maybe something that controls everything that has been destroyed/has died?
    Xerneas gives life, Yveltal takes it away and the third looks after all the things that have been destroyed.

Like, maybe its dimension is where everything destroyed in the world goes to.

Yeah, I don't know.. Just thinking of it as life, death and then the afterlife.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

I personally think "Z" will be immortality or rebirth, both go along well with the possible DNA theme and serve as a good balancing element for Life and Destruction.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    But we already got that with Kyurem. Reshiram and Zekrom were yin and yang, with Kyurem representing Wuji, the absense of yin & yang, the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverevilchao View Post
    But we already got that with Kyurem. Reshiram and Zekrom were yin and yang, with Kyurem representing Wuji, the absense of yin & yang, the void.
    Rayquaza, kyogre and Groudon as well.
    Credits to SwordMetalhead and Avenger Angel

I'd rather these to just be a duo instead of apart of a another trio.
    I AM THE "COOLEST" TENTACOOL

If they turn out to be a trio, I'd say a logical third would be a continuum Pokemon, something that represents the endless cycle that connects life and death together - an Oroborus would be a candidate to represent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Rayquaza, kyogre and Groudon as well.
    Well, that's still a trio, but different. Kyogre and Groudon both represent sea and land (biblical Leviathan and Behemoth), while Rayquaza represented sky (biblical Ziz), not necessarily emptiness.

Kyurem does represent emptiness, though. Ice-typing as absence of heat/energy, cry that is just dead static...

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    If they turn out to be a trio, I'd say a logical third would be a continuum Pokemon, something that represents the endless cycle that connects life and death together - an Oroborus would be a candidate to represent it.
    Yep, and also (as I mentioned before) the Ouroboros also can represent rebirth and immortality, which fits in perfectly with the theme of life and destruction.

It's time to return to the old, soaring back to Hoenn!

Quote Originally Posted by Taodragon View Post
    I personally think "Z" will be immortality or rebirth, both go along well with the possible DNA theme and serve as a good balancing element for Life and Destruction.
    Yeah, Xerneas is life, Yveltal is death, so the Z legend will have have to be an absence of those two concepts.
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Yep, and also (as I mentioned before) the Ouroboros also can represent rebirth and immortality, which fits in perfectly with the theme of life and destruction.
    Can't help but think of Full Metal Alchemist.

<-- Click to go to an amazing guild, Edge of Neo Destruction are always recruiting!

Friend Code.. 1220-6368-0567!

Quote Originally Posted by Victreebong View Post
    Back to shiny colors. Purple and lavender are two of the most frequent shiny colors, and I think the XY legendaries will see that treatment as well.
    I think Xerneas and Yveltal will just get a shade change in their colour schemes, not really changed to purple or lavender, (hopefully)
    <Signature in Progress>

Credit goes to FairyWitch of Flower Paradise Graphics!
    Proud member of Dracaena!

Quote Originally Posted by thetamale View Post
    That does make sense because in the Norse myth of the Yggdrasil tree there was a Wyvern (Yveltal), a deer (Xerneas) and a snake.

Cant help but think of BlazBlue

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    still also doesn't explain shiny Kyurems, anyway
    Well, Kyurem is what Reshiram and Zekrom first split from, so technically, it is the same as any other Pokémon and is subject to the usual rules. Reshiram and Zekrom are, by nature, unique instances in that they are opposing aspects of a single Pokémon made manifest.

Quote Originally Posted by Scolipedeluv View Post
    That does make sense because in the Norse myth of the Yggdrasil tree there was a Wyvern (Yveltal), a deer (Xerneas) and a snake.
    The Norse myth doesn't involve a wyvern, and Yveltal isn't one anyway. The myth mentions an eagle, and Yveltal is a large bird of prey (like a condor or, fittingly, an eagle). Wyverns tend to have more dragon- and bat-like elements (see Noivern, for instance).

Also, Nidhogg is more of a dragon than it is a snake.
    Last edited by Endolise; 22nd August 2013 at 7:03 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Page 427 of 472 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437 ... LastLast