Page 51 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1251
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    Their names have already been revealed. Well, the United states names anyway.
    I'm not quite following what you're trying to say.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  2. #1252
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    You like saying that, don't you? I know it's illogical, just needed to vent. Never mind me....

    Also I am pretty sure this has come up already but does anyone think Xerneas might have Muti-type as its ability? I am going by it's rainbow colored antlers....
    Eh, I'm just repeating myself since it was asked again.

    I doubt Multi-type would be Xerneas's ability since it's very important to Arceus. If I were to guess an ability for the guys I would guess something to do with the axises, but that's just me.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  3. #1253
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zix Serro View Post
    Mythology from where a region is based doesn't necessarily have to be what creates legendaries; I don't recall the Three Musketeers or kami or the concepts of yin and yang being part of the historical mythology of New York City...
    Well I never said they had to be french or european. But they could get some ideas from there.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

  4. #1254
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    Their names have already been revealed. Well, the United states names anyway.
    Really..really? U.S names? Can't even say it properly as in "English names" plus they have revealed the English, Italian, French,Dutch, and Japanese, don'r believe me? Here's a picture compilation from the Official Trailer 2409690-3nmld.jpg
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  5. #1255
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Really..really? U.S names? Can't even say it properly as in "English names" plus they have revealed the English, Italian, French,Dutch, and Japanese, don'r believe me? Here's a picture compilation from the Official Trailer 2409690-3nmld.jpg
    They're talking about the Legendaries' names.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  6. #1256
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Valhalla
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    Their names have already been revealed. Well, the United states names anyway.
    The names for Xerneas and Yvetal are just that, in every language. So no matter what language you play the game in, those are the names you'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    So... any ideas for our regional trio? (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc.)

    Perhaps some trio from French or European mythology, since our new region may be based on France?
    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    It would be Norse Mythology dude -_-
    We have no idea if it will be Norse mythology. Yes, that seems to be what's popular in fan speculation right now, but a few pages back I think that FennekinFan and I made a pretty convincing case for the overtones of Celtic mythology. And who knows, maybe GF doesn't need a theme for the trio, and could go like they used to (3 elemental birds, 3 elemental dog/feline/quadruped beast things, 3 elemental golems). That said, I'd love a trio based on Loki's monstrous children.

    But what people need to remember is that all we have seen of this region points to it looking like France. Just because France is in Europe doesn't mean we'll have Norse inspired legendaries. Break out your globe. There's a lot of distance between France and Scandinavia. If we're going by that logic, my Celtic theory would carry a lot more weight. The presence of a tree in the trailer does not mean we'll have legends based of Yggdrasil. It would be cool, and I wouldn't complain, but let's not cement ourselves into a mindset when all we know about these legendaries is their physiology and names.

  7. #1257
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Guys, changing the subject a bit, what you think about this little legendary story I came up with? Xerneas and Yveltal are allies. They are guardians of something important. Something that controls life and the creation itself. The evil team wants to use this "thing", so that they would be able to dominate creation itself, and make new Pokémon that would serve only the evil team (or something). As the evil team approaches, the two legendaries try to protect the thing, but since the team came prepared, they are able to defeat both legendaries and take the thing. They need the power of the two guardians to fully use the power of the thing, so, seeing as they defeated both, it seems like they already won. But, then, one of the legendaries (the one that corresponds to the version you're playing), escapes the grasp of the evil team. This legendary, then, start roaming the region to see if he can find a trainer that might be able to help his friend. And that's where the main character comes into play. You start seeing this legendary all over the place, and in some instances, you even fight him (without being able to catch him, of course), until the legendary recognizes you as the one who might be able to help him, and then he lets you finally catch him, and after that, you go to the final confrontation with the evil team. That just sounded cool for me, it's a little bit of a mashup of a lot of ideas I had and posted before. I think it would make an interesting evil team/legendary plot, but I know I probably got it all wrong with this...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  8. #1258
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    190

    Default

    It is based off of th X and Y axis. The third installment will probably be called Pokémon Z to compete th 3D theme.(Z axis is the one that makes a graph represent a 3D model)
    Next time someone deletes my sig I'm going to report them for inappropriate use of the system.

    3DS FC: 1048 8840 4517 Ghost

    Beware of Serebii Forums user Hydrohs. If your Signature is even close to being at the limit, he will have it deleted.

  9. #1259
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boisechris View Post
    It is based off of th X and Y axis. The third installment will probably be called Pokémon Z to compete th 3D theme.(Z axis is the one that makes a graph represent a 3D model)
    Xerneas and Yveltal are actually based off of the chromosomes, "X" and "Y".
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

  10. #1260
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by βƹβƹ ɱɪɢηѻη View Post
    Xerneas and Yveltal are actually based off of the chromosomes, "X" and "Y".
    At this rate, we could make a drinking game out of the number of times somebody suggests the coordinate plane theme only to be corrected by the fact that it's actually a chromosome theme.
    My New 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Simply PM me if you want to add my code.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #1261
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Guys, changing the subject a bit, what you think about this little legendary story I came up with? Xerneas and Yveltal are allies. They are guardians of something important. Something that controls life and the creation itself. The evil team wants to use this "thing", so that they would be able to dominate creation itself, and make new Pokémon that would serve only the evil team (or something). As the evil team approaches, the two legendaries try to protect the thing, but since the team came prepared, they are able to defeat both legendaries and take the thing. They need the power of the two guardians to fully use the power of the thing, so, seeing as they defeated both, it seems like they already won. But, then, one of the legendaries (the one that corresponds to the version you're playing), escapes the grasp of the evil team. This legendary, then, start roaming the region to see if he can find a trainer that might be able to help his friend. And that's where the main character comes into play. You start seeing this legendary all over the place, and in some instances, you even fight him (without being able to catch him, of course), until the legendary recognizes you as the one who might be able to help him, and then he lets you finally catch him, and after that, you go to the final confrontation with the evil team. That just sounded cool for me, it's a little bit of a mashup of a lot of ideas I had and posted before. I think it would make an interesting evil team/legendary plot, but I know I probably got it all wrong with this...
    That's not bad at all, wouldn't mind if the actual story went something like that, Great Job!
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  12. #1262
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    At this rate, we could make a drinking game out of the number of times somebody suggests the coordinate plane theme only to be corrected by the fact that it's actually a chromosome theme.
    It could be both, can we move on.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  13. #1263
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hero's Hellhole
    Posts
    9,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    At this rate, we could make a drinking game out of the number of times somebody suggests the coordinate plane theme only to be corrected by the fact that it's actually a chromosome theme.
    Two players. Player 1 drinks every time someone suggests coordinate planes and counter-suggested by chromosomes, Player 2 drinks every time someone suggests chromosomes and counter-suggested by coordinate planes.

    Both will get absolutely wasted.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

  14. #1264
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nimbasa City
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Really..really? U.S names? Can't even say it properly as in "English names" plus they have revealed the English, Italian, French,Dutch, and Japanese, don'r believe me? Here's a picture compilation from the Official Trailer 2409690-3nmld.jpg
    Calm down, I wasn't trying to start an arguement with you.. plus the official site refers to them as U.S. names... I was just going by that.

  15. #1265
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Guys, changing the subject a bit, what you think about this little legendary story I came up with? Xerneas and Yveltal are allies. They are guardians of something important. Something that controls life and the creation itself. The evil team wants to use this "thing", so that they would be able to dominate creation itself, and make new Pokémon that would serve only the evil team (or something). As the evil team approaches, the two legendaries try to protect the thing, but since the team came prepared, they are able to defeat both legendaries and take the thing. They need the power of the two guardians to fully use the power of the thing, so, seeing as they defeated both, it seems like they already won. But, then, one of the legendaries (the one that corresponds to the version you're playing), escapes the grasp of the evil team. This legendary, then, start roaming the region to see if he can find a trainer that might be able to help his friend. And that's where the main character comes into play. You start seeing this legendary all over the place, and in some instances, you even fight him (without being able to catch him, of course), until the legendary recognizes you as the one who might be able to help him, and then he lets you finally catch him, and after that, you go to the final confrontation with the evil team. That just sounded cool for me, it's a little bit of a mashup of a lot of ideas I had and posted before. I think it would make an interesting evil team/legendary plot, but I know I probably got it all wrong with this...
    Intresting scenario, I like it, but it only really works if the Legends are in fact based on Nordic Mythos. It could work with Celtic Mythos but since it could be based on Cernunnos and Morrigan who are opposites, I'm just not sure.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  16. #1266
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Two players. Player 1 drinks every time someone suggests coordinate planes and counter-suggested by chromosomes, Player 2 drinks every time someone suggests chromosomes and counter-suggested by coordinate planes.

    Both will get absolutely wasted.
    I have the impression that if you make those poor human beings read the whole thread, they would be dead by page 30.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  17. #1267
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States (PST) [GMT -8]
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boisechris View Post
    It is based off of th X and Y axis. The third installment will probably be called Pokémon Z to compete th 3D theme.(Z axis is the one that makes a graph represent a 3D model)
    Now that is an interesting theory, is this confirmed?
    Formerly known as Azure_Gallade

    Black 2 FC: 0562 4633 3655

  18. #1268
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hero's Hellhole
    Posts
    9,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    I have the impression that if you make those poor human beings read the whole thread, they would be dead by page 30.
    Don't drink and speculate.

    Quote Originally Posted by AphoticVoid View Post
    Now that is an interesting theory, is this confirmed?
    Yes, GameFreak and Nintendo stepped forward and confirmed it in the face of fan WMG.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Pokemon can be good if you lower your standards a bit, and not expect anything good.

  19. #1269
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphoticVoid View Post
    Now that is an interesting theory, is this confirmed?
    Nope, nothing but speculation at the moment.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Don't drink and speculate.



    Yes, GameFreak and Nintendo stepped forward and confirmed it in the face of fan WMG.
    They did, source please.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  20. #1270
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    That's not bad at all, wouldn't mind if the actual story went something like that, Great Job!
    Thanks. I really thought a scenario like that would be cool to see, specially seeing the legendary (and possibly battling) multiple times in the game. Would be a welcome change of pace.

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf
    Intresting scenario, I like it, but it only really works if the Legends are in fact based on Nordic Mythos. It could work with Celtic Mythos but since it could be based on Cernunnos and Morrigan who are opposites, I'm just not sure.
    That's why I am half expecting they are based on the Norse mythos, or at least hoping that if it's the Celtic, that they change it a little bit. Would really like to see those two legendaries be allies, and not foes. I think the rivalry thing is kind of getting overdone in Pokémon, and I'd really like a breath of fresh air with the legends working togheter!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  21. #1271
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Thanks. I really thought a scenario like that would be cool to see, specially seeing the legendary (and possibly battling) multiple times in the game. Would be a welcome change of pace.



    That's why I am half expecting they are based on the Norse mythos, or at least hoping that if it's the Celtic, that they change it a little bit. Would really like to see those two legendaries be allies, and not foes. I think the rivalry thing is kind of getting overdone in Pokémon, and I'd really like a breath of fresh air with the legends working togheter!
    I agree, I really do want to see them working together as it would be quite refreshing. Although it will be intresting if Yveltal is the first offical evil Pokemon, but I don't see it with Pokemon's message of no Pokemon is evil. Also, I forgot to mention the only problem I can see is something being in charge of creation since I'm positive that's Arceus' domain.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

  22. #1272
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nimbasa City
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    I agree, I really do want to see them working together as it would be quite refreshing. Although it will be intresting if Yveltal is the first offical evil Pokemon, but I don't see it with Pokemon's message of no Pokemon is evil. Also, I forgot to mention the only problem I can see is something being in charge of creation since I'm positive that's Arceus' domain.
    Lol, maybe arceus delagated creation to these two while he took his long nap.

  23. #1273
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Xerneas
    Posts
    1,400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raguna View Post
    Thanks. I really thought a scenario like that would be cool to see, specially seeing the legendary (and possibly battling) multiple times in the game. Would be a welcome change of pace.

    Yeah reminds me of Crystal where Suicune would pop up random a couple of times until it finally let you battle it
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

    Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

  24. #1274
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    I agree, I really do want to see them working together as it would be quite refreshing. Although it will be intresting if Yveltal is the first offical evil Pokemon, but I don't see it with Pokemon's message of no Pokemon is evil. Also, I forgot to mention the only problem I can see is something being in charge of creation since I'm positive that's Arceus' domain.
    It could be a "thing" that helps mantain the balance of creation, or something like that. Or maybe it could even be something directly related to Arceus. I mean, Xerneas kinda looks like Arceus design wise... nah, too much of a stretch. But anyway, the "thing" could vary, as long as they work togheter and we get to see more of the legendary before we catch him! I'd like to see actual build up to the legendary catching. I mean, Black/White did it, so I see no reason for X/Y to not do it better!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  25. #1275
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In a land of pure imagination!
    Posts
    572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    Lol, maybe arceus delagated creation to these two while he took his long nap.
    Ha, lazy deist God. =P
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Page 51 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •