Page 52 of 472 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by [ACE] Zero View Post
    Yeah reminds me of Crystal where Suicune would pop up random a couple of times until it finally let you battle it
    That's exactly what I want! Build up for the legendary catching! And to make it even cooler, you could now battle him before the "true battle", as if he was testing you, to see if you're worthy of helping him!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan
    Lol, maybe arceus delagated creation to these two while he took his long nap.
    Someone gotta take over when the boss is out!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow wolf View Post
    Also, I forgot to mention the only problem I can see is something being in charge of creation since I'm positive that's Arceus' domain.
    Well, he's only the creator of the universe itself. Xerneas and Yveltal could have created something else significant to the universe.

However, I would probably end up hating that, since it would mean more people would mistake them for gods.
    Last edited by Endolise; 10th January 2013 at 6:31 AM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

If the new games really are based on norse mythology the third installment's legendary could be based off of Nidhogg, could be pretty cool.

Zekrom 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Well, he's only the creator of the universe itself. Xerneas and Yveltal could have created something else significant to the universe.

However, I would hate that, since it would mean more people would mistake them for gods.
    Hmm, I can see a cycle of life, death, and reincarnation theme being presented, but not creation in and of itself IMO.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I really hope the names of the Legendaries will be simply X and Y. It would be really different from everything we've ever saw
    Actually their names have been Revealed as well...

Pokemon X- Xerneas

Pokemon Y- Yveltal

Hmm, I can see a cycle of life, death, and reincarnation theme being presented, but not creation in and of itself IMO.
    Yeah, that would be a good theming, and I can see the evil team wanting the secrets of life and death, so yeah, that would be cool!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

I agree, I really do want to see them working together as it would be quite refreshing. Although it will be intresting if Yveltal is the first offical evil Pokemon, but I don't see it with Pokemon's message of no Pokemon is evil. Also, I forgot to mention the only problem I can see is something being in charge of creation since I'm positive that's Arceus' domain.
    Mewtwo is said to have the most vicious heart of Pokemon or something like that, so I don't think Yveltal is evil.
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too. Started by legolover8.

I think that both of these legendaries are great looking. Normally, I have an issue with at least one box legendary, but this generation is looking to change that! I think that Yvetal, or Darth Lugia as I thought of it yesterday, looks amazing. It looks powerful and almost scary? I was already planning on getting Y based on tradition, I always get the second version (Silver, Sapphire, etc.), but seeing Yvetal makes me glad I always get the second version. Xerneas looks very serene and peaceful, which is a nice turn from the box legendaries of the last couple generations with their causing of trouble. I'm curious to know typings, but I'm sure that will come before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBrain View Post
    I think that both of these legendaries are great looking. Normally, I have an issue with at least one box legendary, but this generation is looking to change that! I think that Yvetal, or Darth Lugia as I thought of it yesterday, looks amazing. It looks powerful and almost scary? I was already planning on getting Y based on tradition, I always get the second version (Silver, Sapphire, etc.), but seeing Yvetal makes me glad I always get the second version. Xerneas looks very serene and peaceful, which is a nice turn from the box legendaries of the last couple generations with their causing of trouble. I'm curious to know typings, but I'm sure that will come before too long.
    I must point out that shadow lugia would not be happy with you calling Yveltal "Dark Lugia" :P I do see where you got that, but it's a REALLY long stretch. I do agree with you on the fact that it looks frightening, something few pokemon actually are.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

My guess Yveltal will be Dark/Flying, And Xerneas possibly Normal/Psychic...

I think they should make a Legendary Giant Snake Pokemon based on the Jörmungandr legend!

Either that or a Giant Scorpion Pokemon, simply becoz I LOVE scorpions

Quote Originally Posted by C.y.a.n View Post
    Actually never really thought about the anthers as nerves. But then again the 'god' pokemon has been made, but if it was axis then x would be bird like since it represents height.

Honestly I thought it was axises but now just as confused again......
    the antlers are not nerves literally, but represent nerves, im sure those antlers have some sort of sensory power though. And actually X on a graph is the horizontal axis. so Xerneas's territory is a very wide majestic forest! Y is the vertical axis, thats why Yveltal territory is the sky .

Yeah I thought about that too.

With Xerneas representing life, fertility and peace.

And Yveltal represenenting death, destruction and war.

Quote Originally Posted by pacack825 View Post
    I must point out that shadow lugia would not be happy with you calling Yveltal "Dark Lugia" :P I do see where you got that, but it's a REALLY long stretch. I do agree with you on the fact that it looks frightening, something few pokemon actually are.
    Actually they said Darth, as in Darth Vader. Nitpickiness aside, The legendaries do look interesting. Can't wait to get my mitts on these games and see them in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    If the new games really are based on norse mythology the third installment's legendary could be based off of Nidhogg, could be pretty cool.

Zekrom 2.0
    Of all the fantastic lore associated with Norse mythology, you go with another dragon? Not that Nidhogg isn't awesome, because it is, but I'm really tired of so many legendary dragons (which is why I'm totally stoked for these two legendaries, even if I'm not fond of Xerneas' design). What about Jörmungandr? Or Fenrir? A giant legendary wolf would be absolutely epic in my mind.

Heck, you could even have a grass type living tree legendary based off of Yggdrasil! Wouldn't that be something?
    This is me. This is my team. Fear our wrath.
    Trainer Card for my Fanfiction.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)
        Spoiler:- Credit for stuff:

I wouldn't mind seeing Fenrir, but I don't see the problem with one more dragon provided they do something interesting with it. Nidhogg could be pretty cool to pull off if they draw from that mythology and his relation to Ragnorak.
    Last edited by Taodragon; 10th January 2013 at 10:01 AM.

I've never heard Jormungandr referred to as a dragon, always the world serpent. And while I HAVE heard Nidhogg referred to as either a serpent or a dragon, pretty much all the depictions of it that I've seen make it look very dragon-esqe, with limbs and a dragon-like snout, and not very snake-like at all. I really can't see them using Nidhogg for inspiration and NOT making it a dragon-type. They could, but it's really not gamefreak's style.

Either way, I'd pick Fenrir. We need a wolf pokemon that doesn't suck.
    (First line links to FF.net version of the story, second line links to Serebii.net version of the story)

you guys! the legendaries are based on the three dimensional axes (x,y and Z!) X represents width and the horizontal axis so thats why Xerneas is seen in forest / land. Y represents length and the vertical axis so thats why Yveltal is seen in the sky. the third dimension is depth, i heard some rumors that the Z legendary will be a water type (i know its not the same type of depth but I also heard it would be a worm or snake) The legendaries are also based on genetics (the game logo has a DNA double helix on it!!! duh!) I've explained in an earlier post, but basically, the embryo developed with 3 layers of cells. The Ectoderm, that turns into neurons is probably Xerneas. Its antlers look resemble nerves / neurons. So it must be a Psychic type! The next layer is the mesoderm that develops into muscle and is probably Yveltal as it looks like a flying skinned bird/beast with 3 muscular limbs.. ZOMG a flying/Fighting combo!?!!!! but that would make it so weak to Xerneas as its Psychic so maybe Xerneas is part steel, its legs look like blades and antlers look like gold. anyway the last layer for pokemon Z is the Endoderm!! the Endoderm develops into many things like the lining of glands and organs and too much to list (basically guts). I heard speculations that it could be based on a worm from Norse mythology and there is also speculation that the stag and bird are from Norse mythology too. Makes sense because the game looks like its set in Europe and their names sounds Norwegian. (Eiffel tower in the trailer) . im so excited,.... my mind is going to explode with ideals and ZMOG! any thoughts guys???!

I like that these legendaries don't have huge feet like most previous box legendaries.It's a nice change.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by princerabbit View Post
    you guys! the legendaries are based on the three dimensional axes (x,y and Z!) X represents width and the horizontal axis so thats why Xerneas is seen in forest / land. Y represents length and the vertical axis so thats why Yveltal is seen in the sky. the third dimension is depth, i heard some rumors that the Z legendary will be a water type (i know its not the same type of depth but I also heard it would be a worm or snake) The legendaries are also based on genetics (the game logo has a DNA double helix on it!!! duh!) I've explained in an earlier post, but basically, the embryo developed with 3 layers of cells. The Ectoderm, that turns into neurons is probably Xerneas. Its antlers look resemble nerves / neurons. So it must be a Psychic type! The next layer is the mesoderm that develops into muscle and is probably Yveltal as it looks like a flying skinned bird/beast with 3 muscular limbs.. ZOMG a flying/Fighting combo!?!!!! but that would make it so weak to Xerneas as its Psychic so maybe Xerneas is part steel, its legs look like blades and antlers look like gold. anyway the last layer for pokemon Z is the Endoderm!! the Endoderm develops into many things like the lining of glands and organs and too much to list (basically guts). I heard speculations that it could be based on a worm from Norse mythology and there is also speculation that the stag and bird are from Norse mythology too. Makes sense because the game looks like its set in Europe and their names sounds Norwegian. (Eiffel tower in the trailer) . im so excited,.... my mind is going to explode with ideals and ZMOG! any thoughts guys???!
    You're extremely late to the party.

My ultimate want is an uncloned shiny jirachi, if you have one, please tell me so I'm always extremely interested in other uncloned shiny event pokemon/shinies in general, so PM me if you want to trade

Trading Friends of Mine:
    SmeargleRock's Trade Shop
    Rayce's Trade Booth
    KiltedTrainer and Miss Wolveram's Trade Boutique[/CENTER] <-Yes, that is an unneeded center ending command. My signature wouldn't feel the same without it.

Anatidaephobia; it's a real thing. Trust me, I know.

A flying/Fighting combo is incredible, and Grass/Psychic for Xerneas, the last legend will probably be water/poisen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    I like that these legendaries don't have huge feet like most previous box legendaries.It's a nice change.
    Um...Ho-oh and Lugia don't have huge feet. Suicune has dainty feet. Kyogre has NO feet. Groudon's feet are also pretty much non-existant (basically claws that they stuck on the end of his legs). Rayquaza has no feet. Dialga is in the same boat as Groudon. PALKIA has huge feet, I'll give you that. Giratina has either no feet or similar to Dialga and Groudon just has claws attached to the end of leg-stumps. Reshiram's feet one could argue are SLIGHTLY large for its body, but just barely. Zekrom as totally normal sized feet. Kyurem's in all three forms are actually sort of small for its size.

So...out of 12...that's one box legendary with huge feet, and one with arguably slightly large feet.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    Um...Ho-oh and Lugia don't have huge feet. Suicune has dainty feet. Kyogre has NO feet. Groudon's feet are also pretty much non-existant (basically claws that they stuck on the end of his legs). Rayquaza has no feet. Dialga is in the same boat as Groudon. PALKIA has huge feet, I'll give you that. Giratina has either no feet or similar to Dialga and Groudon just has claws attached to the end of leg-stumps. Reshiram's feet one could argue are SLIGHTLY large for its body, but just barely. Zekrom as totally normal sized feet. Kyurem's in all three forms are actually sort of small for its size.

So...out of 12...that's one box legendary with huge feet, and one with arguably slightly large feet.
    Oh,come on,Dialga still has those thick legs,Zekrom?Reshiram?They all look so weird with their feet and thick legs.And I said most box legendaries

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I don't know how you even argue Dialga. His legs are totally good for his size, and his feet actually become pretty darn small. He's got unusual claws sort of, but they're not big so much as they are...very vertical. They go up past his ankles. I can see someone saying that looks odd (although I don't see it as a problem personally), but any way you slice it, his feet are actually so small it looks like he's standing on tip-toes.

Reshiram...yeah his feet are big. But considering his bird-like design, they're not THAT big. They're just a lot more filled out then most birds.

Zekrom does not have big feet, he has a small head. He'd look awkward if his feet were any smaller. The dynamic pose that he has in his official art makes his feet look bigger than they are because you're looking at him from a worm's viewpoint, but Zekrom does not have big feet.

A Ghost Type Legendary could be pretty kl, basically anything other than birds, dragons, or dogs, as all of which have kinda been done to death at this point!

Page 52 of 472 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast