Page 55 of 472 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 11789

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

  1. #1351
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    Speaking of that, shouldn't Coro Coro be out soon? Or at least leak?
    It's usually around the 12th. I hope it brings news.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  2. #1352
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It's usually around the 12th. I hope it brings news.
    I thought it was usually around the 9th-10th... oh well, thank you. ^^ I hope we'll at least see official art of the Legendaries (and maybe the typings to them and the starters).

    Hopefully, Yveltal looks as badass there as in the vid~
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  3. #1353
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MastersOfMonsters View Post
    I thought it was usually around the 9th-10th... oh well, thank you. ^^ I hope we'll at least see official art of the Legendaries (and maybe the typings to them and the starters).

    Hopefully, Yveltal looks as badass there as in the vid~
    I think the typings for the first 3 Starters has already been confirmed..Grass,Water and Fire

  4. #1354
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    CoroCoro probably won't have much we don't already know. They'll probably just announce the new games and "reveal" the 5 new Pokemon. But it will probably have Sugimori art for the legendaries, and it might give us the "profiles" for the new Pokemon like it does sometimes. Which could mean type, ability, height, weight and/or species classification ("Frog Pokemon, Fox Pokemon, Chromosome Pokemon, etc)
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  5. #1355
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,857

    Default

    @MB
    Never heard any confirmination of that, though.

    @Hejiru
    That would be good, too. Any new info now is welcome. XD
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  6. #1356
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    CoroCoro probably won't have much we don't already know. They'll probably just announce the new games and "reveal" the 5 new Pokemon. But it will probably have Sugimori art for the legendaries, and it might give us the "profiles" for the new Pokemon like it does sometimes. Which could mean type, ability, height, weight and/or species classification ("Frog Pokemon, Fox Pokemon, Chromosome Pokemon, etc)
    Well, I'd be happy with that. It's already something.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  7. #1357
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    CoroCoro probably won't have much we don't already know. They'll probably just announce the new games and "reveal" the 5 new Pokemon. But it will probably have Sugimori art for the legendaries, and it might give us the "profiles" for the new Pokemon like it does sometimes. Which could mean type, ability, height, weight and/or species classification ("Frog Pokemon, Fox Pokemon, Chromosome Pokemon, etc)
    Here's hoping they do that. Somehow I'm getting the feel that CoroCoro will have nothing new at all... but I hope It's a wrong feel!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  8. #1358
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A box
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    CoroCoro probably won't have much we don't already know. They'll probably just announce the new games and "reveal" the 5 new Pokemon. But it will probably have Sugimori art for the legendaries, and it might give us the "profiles" for the new Pokemon like it does sometimes. Which could mean type, ability, height, weight and/or species classification ("Frog Pokemon, Fox Pokemon, Chromosome Pokemon, etc)
    When does CoroCoro come out again?


    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

  9. #1359
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, I'd be happy with that. It's already something.
    Oh, so would I. Profiles on the 5 new Pokemon would be awesome to me. But I was just saying they might not do that so don't your hopes up.

    I really do think they'll have sugimori art for the legendaries though. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by zomegax7249 View Post
    When does CoroCoro come out again?
    The 15th of every month, but its usually leaked online a couple days before that.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  10. #1360
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Azalea Town
    Posts
    1,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hejiru View Post
    Oh, so would I. Profiles on the 5 new Pokemon would be awesome to me. But I was just saying they might not do that so don't your hopes up.

    I really do think they'll have sugimori art for the legendaries though. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

    The 15th of every month, but its usually leaked online a couple days before that.
    So we have 5 days left... That's closer than I thought. I wish we could see Sugimori's art for some of the concepts besides the starters. Did Sugimori really draw them (the starters)? I don't know why, but the drawing style seems different this time. The legendaries look pretty natural in the new game. I wonder if there's going to be a villain team involved with them.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

    My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

  11. #1361
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    So we have 5 days left... That's closer than I thought. I wish we could see Sugimori's art for some of the concepts besides the starters. Did Sugimori really draw them (the starters)? I don't know why, but the drawing style seems different this time.
    I would assume so. It looks like his style and he's been the one to draw the official artwork since the series began.

    Edit: although, as an afterthought, other people besides him did the character art for BW. But I doubt anyone else is going to take over doing the pokemon.
    Formerly known as Jigglychu.

  12. #1362
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Brazil
    Posts
    4,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Did Sugimori really draw them (the starters)? I don't know why, but the drawing style seems different this time.
    Oh, I'm feeling that too, for some reason.

    Last time that happened was with most of the Unova characters, and it turned out it wasn't Sugimori doing the artwork, it was Ohmura.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

    "Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

  13. #1363
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Gotta say that I really love Xerneas's design (cept for the legs) it looks so majestic. Yveltal looks cool too.

  14. #1364
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Oh, I'm feeling that too, for some reason.

    Last time that happened was with most of the Unova characters, and it turned out it wasn't Sugimori doing the artwork, it was Ohmura.
    I'm waiting for the official artwork. Normally the artwork seems to be where the "Sugimori style" shines. And, even if it wasn't him, kudos to the designer, they look great!
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  15. #1365
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pick your nose
    Posts
    2,724

    Default

    I must agree that the artwork of the starters doesn't look like Sugimori drew them.. When I first saw them I thought they were made by a fan making fake Pokemanz.

  16. #1366
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by h0v0r View Post
    I must agree that the artwork of the starters doesn't look like Sugimori drew them.. When I first saw them I thought they were made by a fan making fake Pokemanz.
    It kinda seemed like it, yeah. But the legendaries seem Sugimori-ish enough to me...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  17. #1367
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Type-wise, I think Yveltal will be Flying/Dark and Xerneas will be Steel/Psychic.
    The maroon diamonds and black wings remind me of Ghirahim, the main villain in Zelda Skyward Sword. Also, those claws look pretty menacing.
    The hue of Xerneas reminds me of Dialga, except its sword-like legs indicate sharpness. The multicolored horns seem to resemble Sigilyph's wings, but there are much more features to both of these Pokemon that could contradict these predicted types.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  18. #1368
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    264

    Default

    What do you think the odds are that we will see a legendary pokemon based on the Arthurian legends?

  19. #1369
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazenuva View Post
    What do you think the odds are that we will see a legendary pokemon based on the Arthurian legends?
    Like that Arthurian pig monster who has those 7 sons, who are pigs. I can see elemental Pigs instead of a new Eeveelution now

    All humor aside, what about the legendary trio for this region. I think it'll be based off of European legends as well, like legendary gnomes (different from the fairy-like Lake trio).
    Seeing we already have birds, beasts, beings of rock,steel, and ice, cloud deities that transform, Muskedeers (deers), and fairies, we might as well just use a completely human-like trio.

    Maybe somekind of feminine trio this time (exclude thoughts of the Lake trio possibly being based off of the Zelda goddesses) that is a parallel to Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  20. #1370
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Back of Bills house
    Posts
    2,387

    Default

    The starter artwork is definitely Sugimori. I do think it looks like his style, plus everyone thought that the Unova starters weren't his style... it's just because they look weird with the other Pokémon!


    POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  21. #1371
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    The starter artwork is definitely Sugimori. I do think it looks like his style, plus everyone thought that the Unova starters weren't his style... it's just because they look weird with the other Pokémon!
    The only one that seems kinda off is Chespin, but that is not a bad thing. He is still cool. I am really pumped to see the Sugimori style drawing on the legendaries. Hope at least that is in CoroCoro...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  22. #1372
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,110

    Default

    From what I've seen in the past Pokemon can be based on:

    Scientific principles: Deoxys (Viral DNA), Mewtwo (cloning), Palkia/Dialga (Space Time Continuum)*

    or

    Philosophical or mythological references: Zekrom/Reshiram (Yin/Yang), Tornadus/Thundurus (Fujin/Raijin)

    I'm thinking Xerneas and Yveltal willl be based on both science and mythology.

    *Note that even though Palkia and Dialga had associated myths in game, they were really based on scientific principles.

    Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  23. #1373
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ba Sing Se
    Posts
    42,669

    Default

    I think I'm starting to warm up to the X-deer thing. I don't think it's design is that original (it looks like Arceus/Stantler plus that thing from Princess Mononoke), but it's still somewhat interesting. I'm trying to figure out what its type(s) is/are, but it could be anything at this point since it seems so colorful.

  24. #1374
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    From what I've seen in the past Pokemon can be based on:

    Scientific principles: Deoxys (Viral DNA), Mewtwo (cloning), Palkia/Dialga (Space Time Continuum)*

    or

    Philosophical or mythological references: Zekrom/Reshiram (Yin/Yang), Tornadus/Thundurus (Fujin/Raijin)

    I'm thinking Xerneas and Yveltal willl be based on both science and mythology.

    *Note that even though Palkia and Dialga had associated myths in game, they were really based on scientific principles.
    Yeah, I think that's valid. Joining science and mythology would do for some good story elements! And for some good X and Y version differences too.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...



    And womanizer, of course!

  25. #1375
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nimbasa City
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDreamer View Post
    Of all the fantastic lore associated with Norse mythology, you go with another dragon? Not that Nidhogg isn't awesome, because it is, but I'm really tired of so many legendary dragons (which is why I'm totally stoked for these two legendaries, even if I'm not fond of Xerneas' design). What about Jörmungandr? Or Fenrir? A giant legendary wolf would be absolutely epic in my mind.

    Heck, you could even have a grass type living tree legendary based off of Yggdrasil! Wouldn't that be something?
    I'm not saying I want more legendary dragons, but it just seems more likely to me. I guess Ratatoskr could be a posibility aswell, but it doesnt seem as likely.
    What I would have done is made Nidhogg and Vedfolnir the first to legendaries and had 3 stags as the three roaming pokemon.
    Ratatoskr could be the meloetta/jirachi equivalent but with a more evil back story that pits the two legendaries against each other.

Page 55 of 472 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •