Page 6 of 472 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendaries Speculation/Discussion Thread

So if the names for these games are based on chromosomes, then what will the 3rd game/sequels be? To my knowledge there's nothing else that can go along with chromosomes. If it was based on axes, that'd be easy, the third one would be Z and could fuse with X and Y to form XZ and YZ, which would represent the XZ plane and the YZ plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Giovanni was sort of going to do the same with Mewtwo even... Use his power (not mythology) to overthrow the country (and get rich)...
    That was only in the anime.

Why do they have to start with X and Y?
    They don't have to start with X and Y; it would just be neat if they did.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Crumbs, so many different theories for these legendaries, it seems!

Whereas I do believe that they will - somehow - be related to chromosomes; the helix in the title art cannot be ignored, I am also somewhere in the camp that they are related to 3D space. It just seems like a 'neat' fit; something gamefreak would like to do. Maybe.

It isn't totally far fetched to see that Y is a flying type of some sort - my guess would be combined with dark. That thing does seem like a nasty piece of business, complete with scarlet and black colour scheme, vein-like markings (three-pronged at that, so perhaps a trident or pitchfork? Even the claws look like the end of a pitchfork, a la Houndoom) and general bad-assery.

And then X... Well, it seems to be very serene, almost futuristic, even. It screams Psychic to me, and I can see Psybeam (well, most -beam moves, for that matter) coming from its antlers. But if the X axis is the 'flat' plane, then perhaps it could be combined with ground, or, looking at it's environment in the trailer, grass.

So, that gives us 2D space... And if there is a third, and it is indeed 'Z', then depth needs to covered. And although it isn't depth in the exact same sense, perhaps a legend that is either ground (if X is not), or even water type could complete the trio.

And as for the whole Norse idea, seems cool. Perhaps a Ground/Dragon or Water/Dragon could complete the trio? I don't know...
    My thoughts with regards to a Sound type. Comments, feedback, etc, would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by confuser987 View Post
    Do french people ride goats freely in their country?

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    That was only in the anime.

They don't have to start with X and Y; it would just be neat if they did.
    That's what I'm saying, the names don't necessarily have to, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did start with X and Y.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'd like the stag-like Pokemon to be part Grass. We don't have many Grass-type legendaries. Grass/Steel or something, like Ferrothorn. The bird one looks like a Dark/Flying type. Maybe the duo represent life and death? That's the vibe I'm getting at least.

Off topic, but I'm looking at X and... I'm sort getting a touch of a badger vibe from his face. O-o
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

I'm interested to see what these two have to do with the story. I like both of them, but you can clearly see that they're probably just about totally opposite in nature. I feel like they'll cause the two versions to have storylines that are more separate than we've seen before. Or I hope so anyways.

Alpha Sapphire Team

B2W2 was actually all science to me.. Main antagonist is a researcher, uses a scifi looking FLYING ship, uses technology in order to manipulate Kyurem's Ice. I mean Colress didn't really use the mythology of Kyurem at all, he just used Kyurem as a tool. Where BW1 was all mythology on the other hand with the recognizing of the heroes etc...
    Point taken, but I still think it pales in comparison to, say, Ruby & Sapphire, Diamond & Pearl, HeartGold & SoulSilver, and Black & White. B2W2 might be more of a hint in terms of how Game Freak wants to proceed with the series' feel in the future, IMO, and now we're going to see the payoff of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So if the names for these games are based on chromosomes, then what will the 3rd game/sequels be? To my knowledge there's nothing else that can go along with chromosomes. If it was based on axes, that'd be easy, the third one would be Z and could fuse with X and Y to form XZ and YZ, which would represent the XZ plane and the YZ plane.
    Sequels - Pokemon GC (Guanine and Cytosine) and Pokemon AT (Adenine and Thymine)

Out of these 2 I like the bird. The deer kinda weirds me out a bit. Still I don't think the bird design holds a candle to Ho-Oh or Lugia but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by General_Ridley View Post
    Sequels - Pokemon GC (Guanine and Cytosine) and Pokemon AT (Adenine and Thymine)
    Cool this would be a biochem centered gen ( biochem is good ). yeah !

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So if the names for these games are based on chromosomes, then what will the 3rd game/sequels be? To my knowledge there's nothing else that can go along with chromosomes.
    Maybe the ZW system? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZW_sex-...ination_system

I really love the 2 legendarys! I think my favorite one will be the stag, just because its blue..and pretty beutiful
    I like the bird too ofcourse! but I prefer the stag.
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Calling it now, the bird is male, the deer is female, put them in the daycare, get the third legendary.

First of all, I am loving the design of both legendaries! But if I had to choose one it would be the amazing deer from I assume to be Pokemon X

So we have a lot of valid ideas, but a thought came to me about the XY chromosomes.

It would be interesting (though very unlikely) that the legend of each game is not pre-determined by game version, but by the gender of your avatar. Since the XY chromosomes determine gender, perhaps the XY based legendaries can only appear/ be captured by a trainer of a certain gender. This cause more problems than anything, since it doesn't make sense that only a male/ female can capture one of the legendaries but then trade them to whomever.

But personally I see the XY theme being more about pokemon splicing or reproduction than about DNA as a whole. With the current breeding system, we don't really get pokemon hybrids, meaning babies stay one pure specie and don't become a fusion of both parents species.

It's ridiculous to speculate that we can now "splice" or hybridize EVERY pokemon specie out there, but perhaps following up the splicing of kyurem we may be able to get "new versions" of existing pokemon not through baby forms or new evolutions, but through a few select hybrids. I can see this possibly happening with the legendaries and their XY theme, as in they are creating/ being forced to create certain hybrids. The storyline could be a reason to limit on how many hybrids come into existence.

Pure speculation, but long story short I think the new legendaries are related to creation and reproduction in some way.

Red Bird is awsomesauce.
    As for the themes and what they represent, I'm a bit more lenient towards the "three dimension" aspect as opposed to the DNA one. Seeing as how this is the first main series game for 3ds (X-axis, Y-axis and the possible 3rd game's Z-Axis make up the 3 dimensions)
    and that DNA has already been done with Deoxys
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

I'm thinking Y might be Psychic and Steel (Steel because of it's claws).
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

What type do you think they are?

The dear could have any from the following. Electric, Steel, Water.

I have no clue on the bird. Fire purhaps? Psychic? Dark? Flying for sure.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

If they COULD possibly fuse, as some people are saying, I hope they do a somewhat Yugioh rip-off (Like Zekrom = Red Eyes Black Dragon and Reshiram being Blue-Eyes White dragon)
    and they all become XYZ Dragon Cannon.
    / Is shot for mentioning a dragon legendary
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Am I the only one that thinks that elk legendary pokemon screams Princess Mononoke? Honestly even the bird looks like something out of Studio Ghibli to me. Not saying that's a bad thing, just something that struck me when I saw them.
    Last edited by sutasafaia; 8th January 2013 at 6:00 PM.

Controller of emotions theme legends

Hate,Love,Sadness, Types Flying/Fire. Ground/Grass
    Expect moves to Like 'Ultra love beam' for legendaries 'Deal 120 attacks and your pokemon is immobolized by love

It will be something related to Chromosome, I expect Pokemon Z here too.
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    Calling it now, the bird is male, the deer is female, put them in the daycare, get the third legendary.
    And it would come out as a 4 legged thing with antlers and wings.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    And it would come out as a 4 legged thing with antlers and wings.
    It'd be Rudolph with visible wings!
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Deer probably has a high defence and Y has a high attack. Hopefully you can catch both legendarys in one game
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

If Okkoto-nushi from Princess Mononoke is any indication that deer legendary is gonna raze the land once the evil organization get their hands on it.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Page 6 of 472 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast